Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years (73770 Views)

Army Abandons Injured Soldier Fighting Boko Haram (photos) / Names Of 190 Policemen That Escaped From Fighting Boko Haram Terrorists / "My Father, Festus Oluwayi Is The Soldier Captured By Boko Haram" - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by olajide8(m): 10:03am On Dec 29, 2019
olasco2035:
LETS CELEBRATE THIS HERO OF OUR TIME!
He is not crazy he is a HERO.

Lets celebrate him.

He might look rough, he is called "one man one bullet" he has been fighting boko haram for 6years plus. His colleagues call him "overstay", he has experienced close to 84 attacks in different locations..

His favorite quotes is "IF BOKO HARAM NO FINISH, NIGERIA NO GO SAFE AND IF NIGERIA NO SAFE MY FAMILY NO SAFE TOO I MUST FIGHT TILL THE LAST DAY"..

May God bless and keep you long to reunite with your family... Ameen

https://mobile.twitter.com/peter_ameh/status/1210986192432455681

RSM the kings on the battle field
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by dederocs(m): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2019
Let's raise a fund for this hero's family and kids, let's encourage our soldiers, they are staking their lives to preserve our ways of life.
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Philinho(m): 10:06am On Dec 29, 2019
seniormallam:
Boko boys don't like it when any soldier is praised for killing them........... You guyz should have allowed this man to continue laying low and be doing the lowkey fight......... This exposure is not good at all.

That's how Col. Abu Ali was brought to limelight with plenty showers of praises....... The next thing boko boys fell him.

Especially the boko boys in the military.. They're not smiling
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by hybridblood07(m): 10:07am On Dec 29, 2019
Rich for where? I can bet this staff Sergeant does not have 500k in his account.
majamajic:
he must be very rich by now

but this exposure is not a good one
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by persius555(m): 10:07am On Dec 29, 2019
Are we out of personnel's or he has qualities that we lack on the battle front. He should be withdrawn from the battlefield and promoted to training younger ones on insurgency tactics.

He is already an asset. Why let him waste. We should learn from our past mistakes.

3 Likes

Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by vinkihillz(m): 10:08am On Dec 29, 2019
Baba..... My prayers are with u till d end.... Ur our hero cool
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by hybridblood07(m): 10:09am On Dec 29, 2019
If I mention all the medals wey him don acquire, you go fear fear. If him wear all the medals for ceremonial dress, u go think say na General dey come
OTayobami:
6 years?! As in 84 ATTACKS?! omo this one go don get tactics on how to dey stealth mode baje! cheiii!
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Kenturkey048(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2019
Enwhen:

Abandoned by u ko ??

No soldier is allowed to stay in the battle more their stipulated time... To rest for two years after which they are redeploy back to the battle...it's working.
brother argue what you know..
I know of more than 5 persons that have been In borno state for up to five years....
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by obama30: 10:18am On Dec 29, 2019
olasco2035:
LETS CELEBRATE THIS HERO OF OUR TIME!
He is not crazy he is a HERO.

Lets celebrate him.

He might look rough, he is called "one man one bullet" he has been fighting boko haram for 6years plus. His colleagues call him "overstay", he has experienced close to 84 attacks in different locations..

His favorite quotes is "IF BOKO HARAM NO FINISH, NIGERIA NO GO SAFE AND IF NIGERIA NO SAFE MY FAMILY NO SAFE TOO I MUST FIGHT TILL THE LAST DAY"..

May God bless and keep you long to reunite with your family... Ameen

https://mobile.twitter.com/peter_ameh/status/1210986192432455681

Buhari didn’t fight up to 3 years both under Britain and Nigerian civil war and he was promoted to rank of general, check this man rank since 6 years.
Who sure the reasons of his malnutrition look is not because his salaries and allowances are yet to pay.
And to the mind of Buratai the man is not due to go to long time vacation, is discouraging to serve Nigeria with your life when you see how we celebrate those that lay their life for Nigeria. We celebrate them in social media while they languish in sorrow.
As the press has found him, I pray he live long let this exposure be for real not a style to give information to Boko haram boys to finish him up as he refuse to die for long time. Nigerian military work good and bad, they are the one that give information to so call Boko haram and the one that claim they fight Boko Haram. I pray for the soul of these man and others soldiers the senior soldiers use as sacrifices animal.
Which particular Bush in semi desert the Boko haram camp that the senior soldiers don’t know, how did they get food and others things, check very well Nigeria security are the creator and fighter of the avenue they create God save his people

1 Like

Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Enwhen(m): 10:18am On Dec 29, 2019
Kenturkey048:
brother argue what you know..
I know of more than 5 persons that have been In borno state for up to five years....

That was then , not now again , many things had happened because of that... My elder brother spent 3years in Mubi Adamawa and was moved to Gubio , spent another 5years , before he came home for his 2years relief, he has gone back this year April , and has been deployed to Globagana close to Cameroon...I have first hand information , I was born in it and still in it... Forget all those social media hyping for a story.

1 Like

Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by KosiGee(m): 10:20am On Dec 29, 2019
veeceesynergy:

Col Ali's case is different. Make further enquiries of his death and where he was shot, u'll realise it wasnt reallu Boko dat killed him

Do you really think that Boko haram are only a bunch of men with long beards, jumpers and weapons occupying the Sambisa?
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by TopGunFighter: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2019
majamajic:

ft he army I am sure don't even know of his existence until now. Since his father is or was not a genrral
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Kenturkey048(m): 10:21am On Dec 29, 2019
Enwhen:

That was then , not now again , many things had happened because of that... My elder brother spent 3years in Mubi Adamawa and was moved to Gubio , spent another 5years , before he came home for his 2years relief, he has gone back this year April , and has been deployed to Globagana close to Cameroon...I have first hand information , I was born in it and still in it... Forget all those social media hyping for a story.
okay ooh...but I be barracks boy oooh.....and the info up there is very recent....anyways I live you to your opinion...happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Omobolaji20(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2019
Enwhen:
This soldier should be monitored... This are the people selling our formation to Boko Haram...

I doubt this story self... There is rotation principle working perfectly.

Rotation policy working perfectly?
Sorry sire, are u an officer of NA, if u are not den pls don't say wat u don't know. Some guys here have stayed in those areas beyond the maximum of 2years expected.

1 Like

Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by ehissi(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2019
Enwhen:
This soldier should be monitored... This are the people selling our formation to Boko Haram...

I doubt this story self... There is rotation principle working perfectly.

Guy nothing like that, I know officers that have been there 6yrs and even longer, both those on legitimate duty and those on PD, no leave no transfer......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Kingrexyl(m): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2019
Tomide007:
Mahn.....dis guy should be a national hero in a sane country
Not in this shíthole
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Enwhen(m): 10:24am On Dec 29, 2019
Kenturkey048:
okay ooh...but I be barracks boy oooh.....and the info up there is very recent....anyways I live you to your opinion...happy Sunday.

Which barrack u dey ??, where u dey get ur own info ?? No recent barracks boy go talk that, even barracks boys are more informed than the press that are not in the northeas..
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Enwhen(m): 10:31am On Dec 29, 2019
ehissi:

Guy nothing like that, I know officers that have been there 6yrs and even longer, both those on legitimate duty and those on PD, no leave no transfer......

There was some of 8years maself but that was then
.. But not now again ... All these all old stories ..
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Purifychy(f): 10:31am On Dec 29, 2019
That one na Boko Haram himself
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by KingAzubuike(f): 10:34am On Dec 29, 2019
Fake news. Which army rank carry this kind of insignia? One eagle and 3 V's. Maybe a warrant officer sha tho theirs is a golden eagle so maybe it has been changed.

Secondly the fact that you've been fighting BH for 6 years doesn't mean your beards should be this terrible. Some of them carry bushy beards but not this pathetic. All in all na fake news just for the cam.
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by lexxyrule(m): 10:38am On Dec 29, 2019
seniormallam:
Boko boys don't like it when any soldier is praised for killing them........... You guyz should have allowed this man to continue laying low and be doing the lowkey fight......... This exposure is not good at all.

That's how Col. Abu Ali was brought to limelight with plenty showers of praises....... The next thing boko boys fell him.

You talk am?
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by bigiyaro(m): 10:39am On Dec 29, 2019
majamajic:

this is not a money matter, just look at his eyes, he resemble man wey dey find money?
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by lereinter(m): 10:39am On Dec 29, 2019
This man isn't the same again

I pray he's treated and counselled appropriately
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by osiamerica(m): 10:40am On Dec 29, 2019
some of you guys here should accord that man the respect He deserves.There is a word called PATRIOTISM in the dictionary and I think He chose to stay to defend His country.Thank you sir for being gallant,brave and patriotic.
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by lereinter(m): 10:42am On Dec 29, 2019
seniormallam:

I guess you are a Boko Haram
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by bigiyaro(m): 10:42am On Dec 29, 2019
this is a battle hardened Spartan! he should be promoted to a Major. he can quickly decimate boko boys. not all these class room generals hiding behind boys and armored tanks busy stealing dollars.

1 Like

Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by bishopkay: 10:43am On Dec 29, 2019
seniormallam:

Col Abu was killed by a friendly shot from behind! Ask any soldier he'd tell you this

4 Likes

Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by OTayobami(m): 10:53am On Dec 29, 2019
hybridblood07:
If I mention all the medals wey him don acquire, you go fear fear. If him wear all the medals for ceremonial dress, u go think say na General dey come
And na Sergeant o

Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Ayobami7(m): 10:56am On Dec 29, 2019
注意
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 29, 2019
majamajic:

Its not always about money , some men are principled.
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Lenient001: 10:59am On Dec 29, 2019
This post be like you're wishing yourself "an end"!
Re: Meet 'Over Stay' The Soldier That Has Been Fighting Boko Haram For 6 Years by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 29, 2019
Very unprofessional
SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Latest Pix Of Man Who Drank "Gutter Water" To Celebrate PMB / Tosin Saraki And Adeniyi Olukoya's Wedding Photos / Meet Nicholas Felix, 37-Year-Old PCP Presidential Candidate Who Came 3rd In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.