Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

What Is Detty December Please? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Detty December Please? (24104 Views)

Why December Known Has Detty December In Lagos! / Workout for a hot detty December body / Joro Olumofin: 17 Things To Watch Out For This DETTY December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Detty December Please? by nlPoster: 10:49pm On Dec 28, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Detty December Please? by czarina(f): 10:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
Thanks for asking. Been seeing that everywhere ..

1 Like

Re: What Is Detty December Please? by budaatum: 11:12pm On Dec 28, 2019

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Detty December Please? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2019
nlPoster:

The popular trend “Detty December” is used to mean spending December in a vivacious way.

https://hotels.ng/guides/a-guide-to-having-a-detty-december/

Detty December is a scam to suck you of funds with a veiled hose of enjoyment that will kill you.

https://www.pulse.ng/bi/lifestyle/detty-december-the-ultimate-guide-to-enjoying-lagos-for-ijgbs/0k8wd15.amp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Detty December Please? by WonderManly(m): 12:35am On Dec 29, 2019

Re: What Is Detty December Please? by FromZeroToHero(m): 8:18am On Dec 29, 2019
Account balance: 2,507,000

After detty December.

Account balance: 236,750.

Hope you understand.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Detty December Please? by Olibboy: 8:55am On Dec 29, 2019
FromZeroToHero:

After detty December.

Hope you understand.
January go con b like oga I fit see 2cups of garri and two groundnuts. I no get money for sugar

3 Likes

Re: What Is Detty December Please? by zPHENOMENON(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2019
Keep on dirtying december, in case you don't know JANUARY Has 53 weeks. Only LEGENDS can understand. . .

6 Likes

Re: What Is Detty December Please? by Naijazure: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2019
zPHENOMENON:
Keep on dirtying december, in case you don't know JANUARY Has 53 weeks. Only LEGENDS can understand. . .

Ah tell you

1 Like

Re: What Is Detty December Please? by Skinnienigga(m): 11:18am On Dec 29, 2019
Hmm.. I'm shocked that you don't know the meaning.

Detty December originated from the European country, Georgia.

You know December period is harmattan time and everywhere will be filled with dust, clothes will quickly get dirty, food and cars will be covered in dust, rooftops will get brown and leg will be sweating anyhow.

So the Georgians will always start preparing for December in April. You will run into them in the mall like:

Georgian 1: Yo bro! What do you wanna use all those bags of soap for?

Georgian 2: I'm prepping for dirty December men! Yeaaahhhh!!

Georgian 1: Yeahhhh!!!

So our brothers that travelled there now brought the tradition to Nigeria. But just to make it more Nigerian, we changed the spelling to 'detty'. So is now like a slang here. In some parts of the country, they use it as greeting. Like when you see your neighbour in the morning, you can say

"Detty December oh"

And they will reply with

"Mad oh".

I hope you understand now. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: What Is Detty December Please? by KillerBeauty(f): 12:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
Killjoyment
Re: What Is Detty December Please? by tck2000(m): 9:22am On Dec 30, 2019
FromZeroToHero:
After detty December.
Hope you understand.
lol
Re: What Is Detty December Please? by ursullalinda(f): 11:34am On Dec 20, 2021
Skinnienigga:
Hmm.. I'm shocked that you don't know the meaning.

Detty December originated from the European country, Georgia.

You know December period is harmattan time and everywhere will be filled with dust, clothes will quickly get dirty, food and cars will be covered in dust, rooftops will get brown and leg will be sweating anyhow.

So the Georgians will always start preparing for December in April. You will run into them in the mall like:

Georgian 1: Yo bro! What do you wanna use all those bags of soap for?

Georgian 2: I'm prepping for dirty December men! Yeaaahhhh!!

Georgian 1: Yeahhhh!!!

So our brothers that travelled there now brought the tradition to Nigeria. But just to make it more Nigerian, we changed the spelling to 'detty'. So is now like a slang here. In some parts of the country, they use it as greeting. Like when you see your neighbour in the morning, you can say

"Detty December oh"

And they will reply with

"Mad oh".

I hope you understand now. Thanks

U really explained wella.....thanks

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between Loving Someone And Actually Being In Love. / Apostle Samuel Kaunda Fiancee Failed To Show Up At Their Wedding In Zimbabwe / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Set To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.