Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

What If Writing Is My Calling - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What If Writing Is My Calling (317 Views)

The Plagiarism Pandemic: Why Academic Writing Is In Crisis / Missed My Calling... / HOW YOUR IELTS WRITING IS ASSESSED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Writing Is My Calling by Yahksbiz(m): 12:50am On Dec 29, 2019
Goodday super nairalanders.

Pls Help a lover of writing.

I Just want to say few things about my writing

I love writing and i want to turn it into a full time job and career, but the problem is that, i need a sponsor.

I really need a sponsor that will help me to grow and do better.

I have some couples of nice work down, and i am still a student.

As it is now, i can work with anybody in as much as i will be given a writing job to do that will boast my thinking capacity.

Thanks

Pls if possible let it be at frontpage
Re: What If Writing Is My Calling by olumide3367(m): 12:58am On Dec 29, 2019
You need spo sir for what in particular?

1 Like

Re: What If Writing Is My Calling by Yahksbiz(m): 1:02am On Dec 29, 2019
olumide3367:
You need spo sir for what in particular?

Like publishing and marketing
Re: What If Writing Is My Calling by Parablesonmarble: 2:25am On Dec 29, 2019
You think you need sponsors? I think if you are that brilliant a writer, what you need is internship. Identify an established writer of choice, home or abroad, open up correspondence and see if you can intern with him/her. Adichie, Okri et al all interned with established authors before coming into limelight. You might know much, but there is always much more to learn. To write well, you need to be cerebral as well as have a rush of inspiration from time to time, but for starters, someone more experienced must vet your works. The best players in all sports still engage coaches/ trainers to succeed. Once you are ready, you'll discover you already have publishers waiting. Waiting for someone to invest in you in Naija is a very long shot and going it alone could be real tough. Best of luck, buddie.
Re-read what you wrote up there. Do you think Nigerian Shylocks will take you serious with so much typos in so few sentences? Not to diss you cos i don't subscribe to petty attitudes like that but you need some coaching first. My sincere opinion.

3 Likes

Re: What If Writing Is My Calling by SeedofDavid: 3:40am On Dec 29, 2019
Yahksbiz:
Good day super nairalanders.

Help a lover of writing.

Just want to say few things about my writing

I love writing and i want to turn it into a full time job and career.
But the problem is that i need sponsors.

I really need sponsors that will help me to grow and do better.

I have some couples of nice work down.
And i am still a student.

As it is now i can work with any body in as much as i will be give writing job to do that will boast my thinking capacity.

Thanks

Pls if possible let it be at frontpage

Find out about kindle publishing.
Consider starting a blog.
Consider getting lucrative writing jobs through websites like fiver, upwork, freelancer.com amongst others.

2 Likes

Re: What If Writing Is My Calling by Yahksbiz(m): 8:18am On Dec 29, 2019
Parablesonmarble:
You think you need sponsors? I think if you are that brilliant a writer, what you need is internship. Identify an established writer of choice, home or abroad, open up correspondence and see if you can intern with him/her. Adichie, Okri et al all interned with established authors before coming into limelight. You might know much, but there is always much more to learn. To write well, you need to be cerebral as well as have a rush of inspiration from time to time, but for starters, someone more experienced must vet your works. The best players in all sports still engage coaches/ trainers to succeed. Once you are ready, you'll discover you already have publishers waiting. Waiting for someone to invest in you in Naija is a very long shot and going it alone could be real tough. Best of luck, buddie.
Re-read what you wrote up there. Do you think Nigerian Shylocks will take you serious with so much typos in so few sentences? Not to diss you cos i don't subscribe to petty attitudes like that but you need some coaching first. My sincere opinion.

Sorry for the typo.

I know i need brush up that is why i asked for a sponsor and if that internship is a way step up i subcribe to it the more reason why i need a sponsor is because of money. I have the capacity and huaman power to do it

And beside, you know this days nothing goes for free

Thanks for the candid response. It really reset my brain
Re: What If Writing Is My Calling by Yahksbiz(m): 8:23am On Dec 29, 2019
SeedofDavid:

Find out about kindle publishing.
Consider starting a blog.
Consider getting lucrative writing jobs through websites like fiver, upwork, freelancer.com amongst others.

It is like i am not that good at stuffing the net. i had tried couple of sites just to begin with, but it turned out fruitless

The issue of owing a blog is my major target but money wont make me get one.

I really hope one could do that for me may be subcequently i clear the bill.

It is very clear to me that i need a blog or website and i will appreciate if any is provided.

Thanks for replying
Re: What If Writing Is My Calling by SeedofDavid: 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2019
Yahksbiz:

It is like i am not that good at stuffing the net. i had tried couple of sites just to begin with, but it turned out fruitless

It is very clear to me that i need a blog or website and i will appreciate if any is provided.

Thanks for replying

Blogging is very long term. If you are very sure of your level of skill, go for the last option. Keep surfing, you'll keep learning and improving.
Re: What If Writing Is My Calling by SeedofDavid: 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2019
Yahksbiz:

Thanks for replying

I didn't read thoroughly at first. You definitely need a blog/website. It will definitely help to horn your skills. Google how to start a blog... there are some requirements that are negligible at first but twist is you'll need money to keep it running in long term because chances of immediate success is very slim.

The third option I put there can be very lucrative and flexible as well.
Re: What If Writing Is My Calling by Yahksbiz(m): 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
SeedofDavid:

I didn't read thoroughly at first. You definitely need a blog/website. It will definitely help to horn your skills. Google how to start a blog... there are some requirements that are negligible at first but twist is you'll need money to keep it running in long term because chances of immediate success is very slim.

The third option I put there can be very lucrative and flexible as well.

Sorry for late reply.

How can one make cool amount of money from the last two option.

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan And UNN Warned Against Admission Irregularities / Bilateral Education Agreement And IELTS / Mama put, okada, danfo and the 26 Nigerian words included in Oxford dictionary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.