Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) (42286 Views)

Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People / Shell Restarts Assa North Gas Projects After Insecurity Disrupted Operation / Shell Trains 40 Imo Youths For Assah North-ohaji South Gas Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by hammerU: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
Coldie:

Guy stop jonsing

HOW E TAKE AFFECT U IF I DO?

1 Like

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by YungMillionaire: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2019
jamjo:

Please what Buhari got to do with the project

NNPC no be federal government again?
Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by hammerU: 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2019
SirToby:

But few months ago, you guys were Atikulating, and Nnamdi Kanu openly campaigned for Atiku and requested to give Atiku free advise on how to reclaim his mandate. Is that not a sign of confusion and frustration ?
However, I clearly used Lagos and ABJ as a case study, but you choose to limit your argument on Lagos alone. Nna, the Obsession with Lagos is real.

U HAVE CHANGED THE TOPIC.

TYPICAL AFONJA, UNRELIABLE AND SHABBY.(YORUBA)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by Abagworo(m): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2019
Lynx001:
ThankGod gowon no cut this people put for rivers state. Then dem go call themselves ohaji people.jst lyk etche,oyigbo,omoku.And argue how they came from edo. kudos to seplat/shell.

There is nothing like Oyigbo and Omoku or Ogba people are from Bini. It has nothing to do with oil or State.

1 Like

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by Lynx001: 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2019
jimyjames:

Obasanjo during his regime included imo and abia into Niger Delta but his plans didn't work , Gowon under the advice of awolowo did everything to divide the igboland , that's why he made the ikwerres a subgroup of the Igbo ethnic , as an ethnic group of its own,
They wrote false theories of ikwerres migrating from Bini

One thing is certain southeast will be great whether they like it or not, the crude oil and natural gas deposited in south east is huge and hasn't been exploited
but imo and abia are still part of nigerdelta. but people think its just ss that is nigerdelta. At least ikwerre dialect has small difference with central igbo. jst lyk ezza of ebonyi. The one that makes me laugh is etche,oyigbo,ndoki,people saying they are not igbo.

5 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by horsepower101: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2019
Give Rochas Okorocha his due and respect. All these projects started under his administration. As much as I disagree with somethings about him, I cannot take away his shine.

4 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by SmartMen: 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
Saltybear:
Wow!!!
shocked

now I see why APC want to control imo at all costs

No wonder Wike is getting close to this Imo govenor.. It's like Imo state is really.rich

Anambra is sitting on one of the largest gas deposit in Nigeria, if not the largest, yet untapped.

Chill wink

2 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by SmartMen: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
Lynx001:
but imo and abia are still part of nigerdelta. but people think its just ss that is nigerdelta. At least ikwerre dialect has small difference with central igbo. jst lyk ezza of ebonyi. The one that makes me laugh is etche,oyigbo,ndoki,people saying they are not igbo.
you can't blame these people. It's just recently the whole thing started to make sendlse to me. The plan was to completely whittle down the power of igbos.

8 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
Bigflamie:
grin Eastern Nigeria will eventually get the last laugh
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by Kennyswag: 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
CSTR2:

[s]Inevitably.
Nigeria's largest onshore gas reservoirs are in the south east.
And gas is the future.

If kanu should get his biafra with this goldmine, damn . cheesy

That is Qatar level wealth[/s].
renewable energy is the future
Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by horsepower101: 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2019
Lynx001:
ThankGod gowon no cut this people put for rivers state. Then dem go call themselves ohaji people.jst lyk etche,oyigbo,omoku.And argue how they came from edo. kudos to seplat/shell.

After the civil war, They cut out the parts of Igboland with confirmed oil deposits and put in the south south. But they didn’t know that the parts that they left will later discover oil and very large quantities of Gas.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by SirToby(m): 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
hammerU:

U HAVE CHANGED THE TOPIC.

TYPICAL AFONJA, UNRELIABLE AND SHABBY.(YORUBA)
TYPICAL FLAT.I.NO; INDECISIVE, UNSETTLED, DUBIOUS, ENVIOUS AND HATEFUL. SPITS!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
hammerU:
[s][/s]

FIXED
you are God sent. grin

1 Like

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by horsepower101: 7:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
SmartMen:
you can't blame these people. It's just recently the whole thing started to make sendlse to me. The plan was to completely whittle down the power of igbos.

Yes Anambra is a Gas powerhouse and has the biggest untapped inland Gas field. I remember in 2003 when the report first came out.

7 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by SmartMen: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2019
horsepower101:

Yes Anambra is a Gas powerhouse and has the biggest untapped inland Gas field. I remember in 2003 when the report first came out.
I am aware of this. Few post above this, u will see where I stated it.

5 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by SmartMen: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
horsepower101:

After the civil war, They cut out the parts of Igboland with confirmed oil deposits and put in the south south. But they didn’t know that the parts that they left will later discover oil and very large quantities of Gas.
talk about God pass them grin

7 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2019
SmartMen:

Anambra is sitting on one of the largest gas deposit in Nigeria, if not the largest, yet untapped.

Chill wink

This statement is stupid and irrelevant! Are they not both ibo states ?

Now you see how stupid you sound? This is why it is said you know hate each other

Bloody foôl

Get out of my mentions

Useless goat
Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by SmartMen: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2019
Saltybear:

This statement is stupid and irrelevant! Are they not both ibo states ?

Now you see how stupid you sound? This is why it is said you know hate each other

Bloody foôl

Get out of my mentions

Useless goat
bros, I was corroborating your statement.

But thunder go strike your blokos during sex

7 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by CSTR2: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2019
Kennyswag:
renewable energy is the future
Keep your bigotry to less important topics.

Gas is clean energy, cheap and readily available.
It is the future.
Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by pazienza(m): 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
Don't know if this is a good development or not.
I was hoping we could hold unto our Gas reserves until post Nigeria, when we can use it more efficiently and purposeful to power our own industrial revolution.

7 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
SmartMen:
bros, I was corroborating your statement.

But thunder go strike your blokos during sex
Useless dog . What sort of bastard corroboration is that? Uneducated fellow

Lie life scumbag ... Isn't.anambra in the south east too?

Buffoon! Will.it kill you to allow Imo state and her indigenes the like light ?

Dirty fellow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by CSTR2: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
horsepower101:

Well, that is why you shouldn't go to war if you can't win.
Ask Germany.

You would never remain the same.
Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by hammerU: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
pazienza:
I was hoping we could hold unto our Gas reserves until post Nigeria, when we can use it more efficiently and purposeful to power our own industrial revolution.

It is even better if the machinery and in place as we exit come 2023.

Anambra is an Ocean of gas and nothing yet.

In Rivers the gas is just wasting for decades.

2 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by SmartMen: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
Saltybear:

Useless dog . What sort of bastard corroboration is that? Uneducated fellow

Lie life scumbag ... Isn't.anambra in the south east too?

Buffoon! Will.it kill you to allow Imo state and her indigenes the like light ?

Dirty fellow.
bastard
Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by horsepower101: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
pazienza:

I feel the same way but the knowledge of the resources that we possess is not a secret to those in power. They already know. It’s just recently that the rest of Nigerians are beginning to catch up because of Nairaland and internet.

But those in power already knew this years ago.

4 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by XANDERBOY85: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
Lynx001:

Hehehehe grin grin grin

Wicked! wink

They (Gowon and his southern adviser) probably thought the one they left behind in the then East Central State was inconsequential and not of commercial quantity! shocked

7 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by obama30: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2019
Anambralstson:
The Assa North-Ohaji South project (ANOH) is one of the largest greenfield gas condensate development projects being undertaken in Nigeria.

The project involves the development of the Ohaji South gas and condensate field located within the license block OML 53 and the Assa North field in license block OML 21.

The two fields are together expected to produce 600 million standard cubic feet per day (Mscfd) of gas, equivalent to approximately 2.4GW of electricity. The generated electricity is sufficient to supply for approximately 2.4 million homes.

ANOH Gas Processing Company (AGPC), incorporated in 2017, is responsible for the project development and operation and maintenance. Seplat holds 50% stake in AGPC, while Nigerian Gas Company (NGC), a wholly owned subsidiary of NigerianNational Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), holds the remaining stake.
Final investment decision on the project was made in December 2018, with commissioning planned to be completed by the first quarter of 2020. The field is expected to produce between three and 3.4 billion standard cubic feet of gas per day by 2020.

Ownership of license blocks OML 53 and 21
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) holds 30% stake and is also the operator of the JV that owns the license OML 21. Other partners in the JV include Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC, 55%), Total Exploration and Production Nigeria (10%), and Nigerian Agip Oil Company (5%).

NNPC holds 60% stake in the OML 53 license, while the remaining stake is owned by Seplat. The two companies will hold an upstream unit interest in ANOH of 30% and 20%, respectively.

Assa North-Ohaji South project location and background
ANOH is one of the seven critical gas projects initiated by the Ministry of Petroleum and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to meet the increasing gas demand in Nigeria.

The project extends in 719.84km2 in the Imo state and is located approximately 25km from Owerri and 75km from Port Harcourt.

Shell initiated the preliminary project development and conducted environmental impact assessment (EIA) studies in 2006 and front-end engineering and design (FEED) in April 2007.

The final cumulative EIA report was submitted to the Federal Ministry of Environment of Nigeriain September 2015 and the same was approved in February 2016.

Assa North-Ohaji South project reserves
The Assa North and Ohaji Southfields are expected to contain reserves of 4.3 trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of gas in addition to 215 million barrels (Mmbbls) of condensate.

Assa North-Ohaji South project details
The Assa North field hosts hydrocarbon reserves in the north-eastern segment of OML 21, which extend into the Southern segment of OML 53.

The project is being developed in two phases, with the first phase involving the construction of two main reservoirs H1000 and H4000. The second phase involves the depletion compression, with potential to further develop other lower-ranking reservoirs.

Four development wells will be constructed in the H1000 reservoir, while twowells will be constructed in the H4000 reservoir. All the wells will be pre-drilled from a single drilling centre and forwarded to three inlet manifolds of PTF through individual flowlines.

Gas will be processed through dehydration and hydrocarbon dew pointing processes to meet the sales specifications, while the liquids will be processed by condensate stabilisation and dehydration methods.

The project will be connected to large-scale gas reserves to Nigeria’s main demand centres through the Oben hub owned by Seplat. The produced gas will be treated at the processing facility owned by SPDC JV and then forwarded through the Obiafu-Obrikom-Oben pipeline network.

Gas treatment
Gas will be treated at the primary treatment facility (PTF) to be located between the existing Assa North-1 surface drilling centre and the Assa flow station. The facility is estimated to have a capacity of 600Mmscf/d gas and 45,000bbl/d of condensate.

The PTF will comprise two 300Mmscfd gas dehydration facilities, 15 wellheads, associated flowlines for H1 and H4 wells, NAG inlet facilities for H1 and H4 wells, and other facilities. The stabilised liquids are proposed to be stored at the four 100,000bbl tanks.

The processing plant will comprise two Thompson trains with a turndown capacity of 50%. It will also feature a 20,000bbl/d two-train condensate plant, which is capable of recovering 1,200bbl/d of LPG.

Of the total gas production, 300Mmscfd will be processed at the new gas processing plant owned by the SPDC JV, while the remaining gas will be processed at the proposed processing plant by SEPLAT Petroleum.

The processed gas will be transported to the Escravos-Lagos Pipeline System (ELPS) and West African Gas Pipeline (WAGP) through a 26km-long spur line connecting to the OB3 pipeline. The produced LPG will be trucked directly to Owerri, while the condensate will be exported to either Shell Bonny and or ENI’s Brass River terminal.

Financing of Assa North-Ohaji South project
The phase one development of ANOH midstream is expected to cost $700m, of which the JV of Seplat and NGC will fund $420m. AGPC proposes to raise $280m in debt comprising senior tranche and vendor financing.

Infrastructure facilities at ANOH
The existing infrastructure at the Assa North field includes a pipeline manifold and a mothballed flow station.

Major infrastructure facilities will include a field logistic base (FLB), pipelines, flare gas system, seven 500kVA low-voltage emergency diesel generators, tri-ethylene glycol storage, distribution and regeneration units, and six flow lines.

Power supply for the project will be provided by two 1.6MVA onsite diesel generators, while potable water is proposed to be sourced from the onsite stormwater storage facility.
https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/projects/assa-north-ohaji-south-project/

If you people are sincere 2.4 Gigwatts is 2400 megawtts, I megawatts is 1000 kilowatts x 2400= 2,400,000 Kw, let say each house or flat require 10kw power, if the company consumes 1MW, they can be able to give out light to 60% houses in Imo state. if they will work with sincere heart the community and the less will rejoice. with remaining 140,000,000 million kilowatts if the company consume 1GW, 10Kw each house or flat supplies. power to 140,000 houses

this is something impossible for our wicket government to generate, JEG leave the power at 6000MW and GMB reduce it to 4000MW and now a company can generate 60% of what the whole country is managing, this governments need to hide their face in shame. south Africa is now with 3000MW, we need not less than 15,000MW for entire houses in Nigeria to get light yet we are playing politic with masses life

1 Like

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by pazienza(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
CSTR2:

Keep your bigotry to less important topics.

Gas is clean energy, cheap and readily available.
It is the future.

I can imagine that the "Ibos want our oyel" crew are not so happy with this development.

I guess we are lucky Ohaji and Egbema were not ceded to Rivers state . By now we would be hearing of Ohaji ethnic nationality who migrated from the moon to Bini and then to Igboland.

Joy will surely come for us in the "morning".
Good a thing Seplat has a huge stake in the project.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by hammerU: 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
horsepower101:

I feel the same way but the knowledge of the resources we possess is not a secret to those in power. They already know. It’s just recently that the rest of Nigerians are beginning to catch up because of Nairaland and internet.

But those in power already knew this years ago.

The oil they are claiming in SS are they not on Igboland added to those areas?

In Rivers state, Igbo clans are split into two with one in Imo and the other half in Rivers becos of oil.

Same with Abia, where one is in Abia, the other half in Rivers becos of oil.

I want to see wat happens with the Gas. cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by jimyjames(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2019
Lynx001:

Yes I know imo and abia are still part of Niger Delta, but obasanjos plan of making them accept they are Niger deltas didn't work

Yes ikwere speak a different igbiod dialect just like the ika enuani izii-ikwo-ezza-mgbo and ogba, all these tribes speak igbiod cluster languages and they are found in ebonyi , delta rivers and Edo

Most of them especially the ikwerres started denying their Igbo roots during the civil war, but the ekpeye and Etche didn't deny it , they don't really deny it, some of these things we read online are just propaganda by the enemies of Igbo's , I have never met an Etche person who says am not igbo

10 Likes

Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by josielewa(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2019
Abohboy:

Nigeria's national grid is 4GW and we don't have constant power supply so how will 2.4GW power the whole of Africa infact Nigeria needs 20GW which is 20 000MW
Your conversion still wrong...
Re: Imo state : Assa North-ohaji South Project(photos) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
pazienza:

I can imagine that the "Ibos want our oyel" crew are not so happy with this development.

I guess we are lucky Ohaji and Egbema were not ceded to Rivers state . By now we would be hearing of Ohaji ethnic nationality who migrated from the moon to Bini and then to Igboland.

Joy will surely come for us in the "morning".
Good a thing Seplat has a huge stake in the project.

it's called zig zag migration. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Real Age Surrounded By Controversy - (photo Proof) / One Month After His Inauguration: How Has President Tinubu Performed So Far? / Governorship Elections 2019: Live Updates And Monitoring Across All The States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.