Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,768 members, 7,813,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People (73906 Views)

IPOB Attacks Hausa Community In Imo, Kills 7 Members / Hope Uzodinma Not Attacked At Ohaji Egbema: The True Story - IfeanyiCy Njoku / Youths Attack Governor Uzodinma In Ohaji Egbema, Imo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by macolino(m): 10:00am On Apr 23, 2022
Over 100 people lost their lives in a fire explosion at Abacheke community, in Ohaji-Egbema LGA of IMO State..

Details later!!

Imo: Over 100 youths feared dead at Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema illegal bunkering site

At least hundreds persons are feared dead as fire engulfed an illegal crude oil refining site at Abaezi forest, in Ohaji-Egbema Local Government Area of Imo State.

DAILY POST gathered that about one hundred and fifty others sustained serious degrees of burns.

Speaking on the ugly development, the State Commissioner for Petroleum Resources, Goodluck Opiah, who represented Governor Hope Uzidinma of Imo State during his visit to the scene, said the fire consumed the lives of so many youths.

He said, “at the moment, I can’t really confirm the number of the deceased because many family members have removed the corpses of so many others.”

Opiah said Okenze Onyewoke, the owner of the illegal refinary, had been declared wanted by the government of Imo State.

He said, “apart from this calamity, the act has destroyed the acqatic life of the community. Our people before now are predorminantly farmers and fishermen.

“Look around, you’ll find smokes coming from this illegal act. If this is not enough for any person to stop, I think the community is heading for what I can’t describe.

“Most of the people who are engaging in this act are from Rivers, Bayelsa and other neigbouring States and it is sabotage for our people to allow this illegal act to continue.

“I wish to appeal to our youths to desist from making themselves available for this illegal act. This is a sucidal business they got themselves into.

“On behalf of Imo State Government, we condole with the berieved family. Imo State Government pray God gives the family of those who lost their lives the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.”

An eyewitness, one Mr Eze Ikedi told DAILY POST correspondent who visited the scene that the incident happened around 11 pm last night.

He said that residents of the area woke up to see the huge flame on the Abaezi forest.

“The fire was even entering the bush,” Ikedi said.

He added that, “we saw the people that were inside, no one was seen coming out.

“People were also scared going close the place but later when people got there, they found out it was over hundred persons that were burnt and one hundred and fifty others who sustained serious burns were rushed into the villages for treatment.”

He further said many of them were rejected by the village health center.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by emperor863(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2022
What caused the explosion? My God rest their souls.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by maiiilooo(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2022
Ahh
What happened? Was it an accident or what ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Rastaramsey(m): 10:02am On Apr 23, 2022
WTF

This is so so bad....

It looks like a motor accident occurred undecided

Rip to the dead...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Kriss216: 10:02am On Apr 23, 2022
Life is vain.

God rest their souls.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by appishani1(m): 10:05am On Apr 23, 2022
To be honest uzodimma have failed i don't know what is happening in imo but i this the IG need to check the matter

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Mooh247: 10:05am On Apr 23, 2022
Subhanalai

Na people burn like this

Gory

190 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Kriss216: 10:06am On Apr 23, 2022
Rastaramsey:
WTF

This is so so bad....

It looks like a motor accident occurred undecided

Rip to the dead...
Most likely.

That Abacheke road is one of the deadliest and weird road in Imo State.

You'll pass that road in the morning and everywhere will be dry, in the afternoon, everywhere will be flooded. Rain no fall o

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Sergio103(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2022
shocked

Omo ×100

2 Likes

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Kayberg: 10:08am On Apr 23, 2022
embarassed
Burnt beyond recognition!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Shalommy(f): 10:09am On Apr 23, 2022
Chaii.. Very sad! But my r.i.p have finished. Hmm, hope this is not the work of UGM?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Golan007: 10:11am On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
Toluajas:
I heard the news.

My annoyance is that you will never heart the government comment on a tragedy like this, like live means nothing to us in this part of the work
[/s]

Government always makes comments on matters like this.

It is just that you would always choose to insult them after they make comment or you would pretend they never even addressed the matter.

May the souls of the departed rest in peace.

185 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Mandate2023: 10:11am On Apr 23, 2022
OMG....WTF

May God have mercy on us in dis God forsaken country

1 Like

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by mrvitalis(m): 10:14am On Apr 23, 2022
All those supreme court judges that committed this evil in imo state may them n their families never know peace

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by PointZerom: 10:20am On Apr 23, 2022

Ohaji Egbema is full of cultist and drug addicts.
They almost snatched my Lexus there five years ago in front of that primary school.

20 Likes

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Golan007: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
mrvitalis:
All those supreme court judges that committed this evil in imo state may them n their families never know peace
[/s]

It is Uzodinma that either told drivers to be running at top speed or punctured a fuel tanker.

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Golan007: 10:22am On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
MuhammedSaf:
what's really happening in imo state.

Uzodinma is an abomination to imo state
[/s]

Of course, it is Uzodinma that is responsible for the reckless nature of many Nigerians.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by mrvitalis(m): 10:23am On Apr 23, 2022
Golan007:
[s][/s]

It is Uzodinma that either told drivers to be running at top speed or punctured a fuel tanker.
This is Igbo land when you impose a leader the land never rest

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by LeoDeKing: 10:25am On Apr 23, 2022
[s]
appishani1:
To be honest uzodimma have failed
i don't know what is happening in imo but i this the IG need to check the matter
mrvitalis:
[/s]
An accident just occurred with over 100 humans killed, but here you are, screaming "Uzodimma have (sic) failed" kinda dragging politics into it.

This is how ipob pigs have been killing, robbing, and raping in the East thereby making life extremely difficult for our Eastern brothers and sisters, yet all you do is screaming "fulani herdsmen and dss", deliberately deflecting investigation away from the most probable perpetrators.

Sincerely speaking, you have very big problems, problems too big to be pronounced on this forum considering some rules guiding its use. angry

184 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Nonexisting: 10:27am On Apr 23, 2022
So the news is true. Someone was just telling me about this and said he wasn't so sure.
Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by okeysoninv: 10:33am On Apr 23, 2022
it won't pass kpofire . leave crime you refused, now see the result

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by jazon(m): 10:36am On Apr 23, 2022
Haaaaa
Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by NOwazobia: 10:36am On Apr 23, 2022
No details? Will be waiting...

1 Like

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by Golan007: 10:37am On Apr 23, 2022
mrvitalis:

This is Igbo land when you impose a leader the land never rest

Igbo get leader?

34 Likes

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by chigator2: 10:38am On Apr 23, 2022
Looks like illegal fuel bunkering gone wrong because even a regular explosion can't burn victims to this degree, something must have fuelled the fire longer

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by mrvitalis(m): 10:41am On Apr 23, 2022
LeoDeKing:

An accident just occurred with over 100 humans killed, but here you are, screaming "Uzodimma have (sic) failed" kinda dragging politics into it.

This is how ipob pigs have been killing, robbing, and raping in the East thereby making life extremely difficult for our Eastern brothers and sisters, yet all you do is screaming "fulani herdsmen and dss", ostensibly to deflect investigation away from the most probable perpetrators.

Sincerely speaking, you have very big problems, problems too big to be pronounced on this forum considering some rules guiding its use. angry
If u care about Igbos support Igbo presidency or just shut up n face your region

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by duro4chang(m): 10:42am On Apr 23, 2022
appishani1:
To be honest uzodimma have failed
i don't know what is happening in imo but i this the IG need to check the matter
This has nothing to do with the governor.

182 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by SmartPolician: 10:43am On Apr 23, 2022
If it's Ohaji-Egbema, they were probably stealing fuel. This is a common practice in areas that have pipelines and crude oil deposit. They just facilitated their deaths. RIP

21 Likes

Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by falcon01: 10:43am On Apr 23, 2022
Woah.. that's crispy
Re: Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People by duro4chang(m): 10:44am On Apr 23, 2022
MuhammedSaf:
what's really happening in imo state.

Uzodinma is an abomination to imo state
No be him caused this.

159 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alhassan Ado Doguwa: I Have 4 Wives, 27 Children & Still Counting / Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour's Wife, Ify, Slams 'Bigots'; Her Father Gets Dragged / Chief-Of-Army-Staff, Buratai Playing With A Large Snake (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.