Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? (41780 Views)

Help! I Want To Leave My Wife / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? / I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by luluosas(m): 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
You think so? I pray you don't fall a victim of satanic manipulations in your entire life. But if you ever do, Jesus is waiting to deliver you right there.
Pavore9:

Ignorance is motivating him and stop bringing the devil into the situation. She does not need any deliverance, it is not spiritual. It is no sin in leaving a marriage that is toxic and nurtures loss of human dignity.
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Komu1048(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2019
[quote author=bukatyne post=85319900]

@bold: true.

Most married men however were cared for by their wives. [/quote

May God save you, u guys always find ways to derail men every little opportunity. I have seen men who solely stood by their wives in trouble times e.g mental, blindness, accident etc

5 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by wany(f): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
pocohantas:
Your husband is only being human. Not everyone can handle a mentally ill partner, even though we all hope to have a partner who can do that for us.

Most times I have seen sick married women- they were always shipped back to their parents house for proper care. The ones with elderly kids were moved to their sons house. Nothing new there. How it changed the dynamics of their marriage is what I don't know. However, they never ended their marriages.
Sis,
You fall my hand for this your write up.how many women leave their sick husband to his misfortune, please tell me.mean while she developed this illness giving birth to their second child.
@op your husband is insensitive and inconsiderate, and it also shows there is no love between you two.follow your heart if your heart says stay then stay and endure but if not then move.God please save women from inconsiderate and loveless union ijn. undecided
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Judybash93(m): 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
LegendaryLover:
ABOUT THE ILLNESS:
(a) is there no total cure or it can only be managed?

MARRIAGE:
maybe u guys could sit and talk with some1 he respects. then bare ur heart. help him see ur parents didn't know.

I think love is missing in that marriage; God's kinda love. That the only thing that can help couples be truly there for each other in tough times.

e.g husband losses job and wife divorces. wife is unable to get pregnant and husband leaves the marriage.

IS HE BORN AGAIN?

Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Pavore9: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
luluosas:
You think so? I pray you don't fall a victim of satanic manipulations in your entire life. But if you ever do, Jesus is waiting to deliver you right there.

In this given case, it is irrational thinking that is at play and leave satan out of it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by pocohantas(f): 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
wany:

Sis,
You fall my hand for this your write up.how many women leave their sick husband to his misfortune, please tell me.mean while she developed this illness giving birth to their second child.
@op your husband is insensitive and inconsiderate, and it also shows there is no love between you two.follow your heart if your heart says stay then stay and endure but if not then move.God please save women from inconsiderate and loveless union ijn. undecided

Lol, babe no vex- but your post is my exact point. It is how it is most times, I am not endorsing it, only stated the reality of a Nigerian wife.
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by somziency: 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
Marriage is no child's play. Be ready for bools**ts before you jump in.
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Azeeztaophic(m): 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
Huunn, don't leave him, all you have to do is to discuss it with your pastor or any marriage counselor
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by pawn89(m): 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
Am confused, if its due to child birthing, why would the husband be upset ?
If anything, he is the one that triggered her illness by impregnating her and possibly not providing enough help and support she needs before,during and after her birthing the baby.

This is the time to show support, encourage her and do all that a loving husband will do to help her heal, not causing her to be even more depressed.

Discuss with him, let him know that the nature of the illness will surface only after childbearing, and no way to know prior to birthing a child.
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
Youngsage:

@ bolded, please what does it mean?

And if it can be corrected by an operation, any reason why you haven't yet? Pardon my inquisitiveness cry

Sòpido is what we call high heels cheesy

When I'm 100% sure I don't give birth again,I will do that.
There is so much involved and I want to correct all once and for all kiss

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by XklusivGistBlog(m): 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
bukatyne:

That is why they need to invest their youth in husbands who would stand by them.

Wise ladies springing up daily.
You just gave me hope
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
wany:

You fall my hand for this your write up

Where is your hand Sister? I can't even see it.

Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Holuwathoby(m): 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
start a nursing program - a more rewarding career. you will be happy helping people to get well
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by mechanics(m): 5:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
Don't leave him, still call him to know how's doing.
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
bukatyne:

That is why they need to invest their youth in husbands who would stand by them.

This statement is 50/50 & doesn't guarantee women, but it's still a good risk to take.

Although If I had a daughter, I would still advice her to pick an already financially stable man, but also make sure she is financially stable as well.
For her to be financially stable, it means she probably won't marry early because It takes time to build wealth.

I rather let her invest her youth on her career instead please, while having safe sex ofcourse.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Legendguru: 6:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
Leave
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by skyplustk(f): 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
This happened to my step sister as well her husband was just misbehaving he now has a new wife, he even beats her. We asked her to come back home but she declined. During DT stage her husband will abandon her at our place for month when she gets better she will run back to her husband house. She's now stable but her husband still maltreat her. Am so fed up

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Youngsage: 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
sassysure:

Sòpido is what we call high heels cheesy

When I'm 100% sure I don't give birth again,I will do that.
There is so much involved and I want to correct all once and for all kiss

Haha and I went seriously searching my dictionary for the meaning! Now I know. cheesy cheesy

Okayy... Thanks for satisfying my inquisitiveness and I wish you all the very best in good health kiss
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Surfacebaba: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
go back to ur husband, marriage is for better for worst,hope u no
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by LegendaryLover(m): 7:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
[quote author=Judybash93 post=85350710][/quote]

douchbag
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by appreciate001: 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
Follow your heart dear. From your write up, it is possible the man is the type that loves his children only. Cease this opportunity to think deeply on what you really want because this is your life - leave it well.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by alexola20(m): 9:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by aysugar: 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
]Your husband is only being human. Not everyone can handle a mentally ill partner, even though we all hope to have a partner who can do that for us.

Most times I have seen sick married women- they were always shipped back to their parents house for proper care. The ones with elderly kids were moved to their sons house. Nothing new there. How it changed the dynamics of their marriage is what I don't know. However, they never ended their marriages.[/quote]
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by richPHAROAH: 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
LegendaryLover:

boy, don't be silly.

i'm entitled to my say. So stop quoting me and make ur own submission about the thread.

shut up, dont talk shit publicly. say it in your house to your family
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by luluosas(m): 9:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
Okay oh! Continue
Pavore9:

In this given case, it is irrational thinking that is at play and leave satan out of it.
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by LegendaryLover(m): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
richPHAROAH:
shut up, dont talk shit publicly. say it in your house to your family

if the over 200 people on a thread all say the same thing, don't u think 199 submissions will be unneccesary? diverse thoughts = more options to reason thru with.

But u don't seem to know that. I guess that's why u've shown ur stupidity up there.

Everyman is entitled to his own say.
or i guess NL is now full of insultive boys like the silly one i quoted up there.
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Icon79(m): 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
KPOM! I was gonna respond but, after reading your comments, I think you've covered all the angles.

OP, below is the best response you'll get on this question. You may have felt abandoned and even betrayed by the man you love, but don't rush into a divorce. Divorce is not always the solution especially when children are involved.

O pari

bukatyne:

If he has not verbally indicated interest to end the marriage, give it a second chance.

He has told you his pain point: he thinks your parents deceived him into the marriage.

You both need to go for therapy and clear his grievance.

You can get medical journals about your condition and connection with child birth, the symptoms and solutions. Also arrange for him to speak with your doctors on the causes, triggers, solutions and after care.

You should also be medically certified that you are fine.

Goodluck.
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Sprumbaba: 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2019
pocohantas:

I don't think it has much to do with investing. Lots of them are not very good with things that overly connects with their empathetic side. Anything that makes them look weak or emasculated. That is why a typical Naija man can only think of things money can buy as the ultimate. On your birthdays it would be a phone, cake or car (if he has so much money)- nothing out of the box.

Same man would never wash your clothes even if you are vomitting blood. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you, but the former makes his feel alpha, the latter doesn't.

Which Nigerian man has time to be packing urine of a sick wife, cleaning poo, reminding her to take drugs, preparing special meals for her failing health, washing her clothes and pants?

He will just ship her to her parents, her old mother will do that or the son's house- where yet another woman (his WIFE) would be obligated to do it. Women still fair better as primary caregivers, irrespective of their regular insane moments.

OP's own seems extreme because he wasn't sending money and asking of her wellbeing while she was with her parents. If he did both, I am sure OP as a Naija woman, would most likely not have issues with the arrangement.

Which Nigerian man has time to be packing urine of a sick wife, cleaning poo, reminding her to take drugs, preparing special meals for her failing health, washing her clothes and pants?

Meeeeeeeeeeeee. Being there done that. That Man does not love her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by lereinter(m): 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
This is tough

Let your parents call him for a talk

He didn't behave humanly
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Doktajay5: 6:50am On Dec 31, 2019
Cutehector:
But why did you keep such medical information from him before you both got married? That's not fair in my opinion.

Did u read this post @ all?

A condition that afflict some women after delivery and u r asking why she kept it from him? Does ur brain use NEPA?

haven seen the name of the condition, can't use Google if u r confused...

Mtcheww...
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by vinceobe: 8:58am On Dec 31, 2019
Madam, let him go. Any man that cannot stand with wife in times of trouble, sickness etc, is not worth a husband. After all it was for better and for worse. Move with your life. As far as he is concerned, you do not exist anymore. He only cares about his kids. Get more education and get marry to another man who will cherish and adore you. Make you sure you are well enough and prayerfully, all these are achievable. Good luck.
Re: Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? by Rozaytee: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2019
onegig:

More reason I really don't get women in Nigeria and their overjoy to just get pregnant.

If I were to be a woman . God knows I would fuxkkking stay away from.pregnancy.

You loose your body, you are burdened for 9months and even after that you either get depressed and suicidal from post partum depression or this above. Add to the risks of childbirth and the stress of sleepless night tending to babies.

I can't really wrap my head why women are so joyous to go through all these multiple times. Like are you guys masochists and love pain and trouble so much? embarassed
mtcheeeeeeeeew...this is d reason why u can never be a woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) / My Wife Attitude Towards My Food / Woman Turns Husband To House Boy Over N2.5m Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.