Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate (21993 Views)

Peter Obi Passes PDP Screening (See His Provisional Clearance Certificate) / Wike Gives ₦30 Million To Families Of Slain Policemen / FG gives 6-months grace for registration of irregular migrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by dipoolowoo: 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2019
By Dipo Olowookere

The new Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Mr Muhammad Nami, has approved a 30- day window to enable taxpayers in the country obtain Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC).

This information was announced by the tax agency in a statement personally signed by the tax chief and then issued on Sunday via the official Twitter page of the organisation.

Mr Nami, in the statement titled Facilitating 2020 Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) Issuance, explained that this move was designed to make things easy for taxpayers and assist them meet their obligations as they might need TCC.
ALSO READ Nigeria Inflation Slightly Drops to 15.91% in October

The Executive Chairman noted that the offer to ease issuance of TCC was in accordance with the provisions of Section 101 (1) of CITA LFN 2004 and in conformity with Self-Assessment Regulation, 2011.

He warned though that FIRS will not fail to invoke the provisions of the law, including enforcement and imposition of lien should it be apparent that a taxpayer has misled the FIRS to issue a TCC.

“Following the numerous complaints received from our esteemed taxpayers with respect to difficulties encountered before obtaining Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC) and the fact that taxpayers need TCC to enable them to, inter alia, seek and obtain contracts and loans, renew permits, registrations, franchises, agreements and/or licenses that will invariably generate revenue from which taxes will be paid, management has looked into the above complaints and has taken steps to ease the process of obtaining TCC.

“Consequently, notice is hereby given that the service has put in place machinery to issue 2020 TCC for all eligible taxpayers from January 2, to January 31, 2020.

“The service may not hesitate to use enforcement activities including imposition of lien on bank accounts of such defaulting companies to recover any outstanding debts when it discovers that the taxpayer has misled the service in her duty to observe tax compliance.

“The issuance of TCC to ease the burden of taxpayers is in line with the provisions of Section 101 (1) of CITA LFN 2004 and in conformity with Self-Assessment Regulation, 2011.

“Taxpayers are, therefore, encouraged to take advantage of this initiative and apply for their 2020 TCC, as soon as possible.”

https://businesspost.ng/economy/firs-gives-30-day-grace-for-tax-clearance-certificate/

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by hisgrace090: 3:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
Govt should give me job as I will not hesitate to pay tax.

22 Likes

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
Or what? I pay tax to myself since I am my own local government. I have a borehole that I dug by myself for water supply, I have generator and solar power for constant electricity supply, I contribute monthly and quarterly to the resident association for the hiring of security outfit for my area and also for the renovation of the road when it goes bad. Fuel is not subsidized, neither is education. We already pay VAT for every other thing we buy in the market. So FIRS can go f*ck themselves.

147 Likes 14 Shares

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by Dreal1247: 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2019
But I learnt that it was only applicable to companies and corporate organizations?
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by fyneguy: 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
Dreal1247:
But I learnt that it was only applicable to companies and corporate organizations?

Yes

1 Like

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by enawt: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
Soon, we gonna pay to shit inside our house

Good riddance to absolute rubbish

6 Likes

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
Tax wey we no dey even see the output angry

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by omowolewa: 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
Great innovation
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2019
Nigeria is a joke.The rich refused to pay tax and you people decided to torment the commoners

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by 9jii(m): 7:04pm On Dec 29, 2019
enawt:
Soon, we gonna pay to shit inside our house

Good riddance to absolute rubbish
Rem22:
Nigeria is a joke.The rich refused to pay tax and you people decided to torment the commoners
See it's not by force to disgrace yourself if you don't have an idea of what was said or you don't have any point worth saying. Mtssss undecided

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by Lovelies1: 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
Bi
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by habeesola(f): 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
We don hear
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by naijazee2: 7:30pm On Dec 29, 2019
We don hear shocked shocked
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by DigitalLogic: 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
j
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by laosy(m): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
Make them give them the whole next decade, companies wey no go pay no go still pay grin, tax wey them go still embezzle when they eventually collect them..., this country is a joke!

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by Chijeep(m): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
abeg who get kerosene?

I wan fry watermelon.

mtcheww... who FIRS help 4 Nigeria nw?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by habeesola(f): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2019
naijazee2:
We don hear shocked shocked
cool cool
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by emmyt2: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
Quote and unquote ..
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
the right thing is to pay your Tax in the state where you work, we can not be paying tax in Lagos state to fund illegal immigrants in kastina , pay you tax where you benefits from social amenities, that's the standard all over the world

its high time we introduce work permit
State governors are too sluggish for my likening

the illiterate will do anything if you don't correct him

10 Likes

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by YungMillionaire: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
30 days? Are you sure this is long enough grace period?
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by tstx(m): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
Ok
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by Mrbabay: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
Cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
Very Good development.

Good One from the Federal Government .

To a new and better Nigeria we go.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by ZombieTERROR: 7:35pm On Dec 29, 2019
Next level taxing

While they use 37 billion naira to renovate a national assembly that cost less to construct...

Shame

5 Likes

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by SmartMen: 7:37pm On Dec 29, 2019
9jii:

See it's not by force to disgrace yourself if you don't have an idea of what was said or you don't have any point worth saying. Mtssss undecided
the man, u still dey alive?
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2019
post=85326244:
[s]Very Good development.

Good One from the Federal Government .

To a new and better Nigeria we go.[/s]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by Khadrenaline(m): 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2019
FrLukas:
Or what? I pay tax to myself since I am my own local government. I have a borehole that I dug by myself for water supply, I have generator and solar power for constant electricity supply, I contribute monthly and quarterly to the resident association for the hiring of security outfit for my area and also for the renovation of the road when it goes bad. Fuel is not subsidized, neither is education. We already pay VAT for every other thing we buy in the market. So FIRS can go f*ck themselves.
You've said it all. Bless you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by omoadeleye(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2019
FrLukas:

You go pay PAYE too

1 Like

Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by WebSurfer(m): 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
grin
Re: FIRS Gives 30-day Grace For Tax Clearance Certificate by bmdmixer: 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2019
9jii:

and u do?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let The New And Old Naira Notes Be In Use Side By Side - Governors To CBN / Boko Haram Members Killed While In Training In Iraq / APC Will Adopt Labour Tactics To Win Kwara, Sokoto, Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.