Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

A Humble Appeal For A God Sent - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Humble Appeal For A God Sent (393 Views)

What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You / A Humble Request.... / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Humble Appeal For A God Sent by rickyboss333: 11:40pm On Dec 29, 2019
Compliments of the season to my dear brothers and sisters in NL.

I decided to put every iota of shame, rejection and discrimination behind me to write this, having in mind that it may not get any attention or anticipated response cos I know I am not the only person wearing the size of shoes in this awful country of ours, and ofcourse even have people with worse and pathetic circumstances surrounding them. So I plead to you guys to be a litle patient with me and also considerate in my typo errors or grammatical oversight as I am writing with no intention of editing cos I know my write up could end up being quite lengthy.

If you have manged to get to this point, you would be able to tell that this is simply a cry for some sort of connection or refferal to a job opportunity cos honestly I am loosing my confidence and believe in this particular phrase that says... "don't worry your time will come, be patient".

I am 31 years old (that's my football age though), a graduate of Civil Engineering with a Second class upper division, from the prestigious Federal University of Technology, Owerri. Its been almost 9 years after graduation in 2011 of struggle, hustle, and bustle, hoping and praying to live the life that I honestly deserve and yet wallowing in abject rejection, disappointments and frustration without any meaningful job. Yes am sure there are lots of questions that runs through the mind as to why I find my self in such circumstance... what I might have done wrong and what I might have failed to do, ranging from getting necessary experience, having a great CV, acing interviews and all what not but I crave your indulgences to believe me that I have done everything humanly possible to atleast land me an average paying job without success. This is obviously why I have turned to the mercy of self pity to probably get the attention of any God sent who can help by writing this piece.

During this 9 years of struggle, I have been able to gather experience from fair paying but short term occupations and also get a masters degree hoping to boost my opportunities but yet e just b like say them tie my destiny for stem and thorns of rose flower, make I just dey smell the flower and appriciate the beauty from there without feeling the so called "bed of roses". I promise you that I am very hardworking and I have a never say die attitude with a well focused goal of being the best in every environment I find myself be it in my field of study or even far from it (funny enough, as an Engineer, I have never gotten any opportunity to work in an Engineering firm). I have always been the best within the unit I'm employed to work ranging from customer services, research, procurement, problem solving and most currently teaching, with an indept knowledge of computer, but quite unfortunate that these opportunities are always and never long term with very dimining salaries as litle as 20-35k and sometimes getting owed for way too long. I even do as much as three so called jobs at the same time, trying to make ends meet, working from 6:30am to 10pm, Monday to Sunday, forcing my wits to its breaking point, with little or no rest. I have moved from city to city all in search of a well paying job, trying my best to break in time and time again, without success (leave am, you go no where if you know no one, I am a living testimony to this fact). And yes, I have tried going into business but my being over considerate and attitude to always please people even at my own detriment, never made it work. I came to realize that my strength and talent is being excellent in tasks and problem solving rather than buying and selling.

Am very sure there are criticisms and possible advice waiting to be served cos I know and agree that I have not been the best of myself, but I only wish and hope for concrete intervention at this point. Truth is, I am simply a small guy looking for a "big God". I am currently in Portharcourt and am ready for any form of agreement or condition with sincere appreciation and gratitude.

Thanks and God bless. Happy new year in advance
(erique333@gmail.com)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Humble Appeal For A God Sent by rickyboss333: 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2019
embarassed Chai... Not even a single drop of sympathy, let a lone, a drop of coin in my pot, just passer bys and people with ear plugs. Menh am really messed up
Re: A Humble Appeal For A God Sent by Maj196(m): 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
Be strong bro. A lot of people face worse
Re: A Humble Appeal For A God Sent by rickyboss333: 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
Yeah I know, that's a certain fact, ones condition can never b d worse. But it's quite unfortunate that we r not in a queue, otherwise I 4 wait my turn n u can imagine when that will be... Eternity!!!
Re: A Humble Appeal For A God Sent by nuel000: 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
Wow, nice use of words
Re: A Humble Appeal For A God Sent by Ujawissy: 10:28am On Jan 03, 2020
Op, It seems you really don't like going into mainstream civil engineering jobs like site supervisions, constructing e.t.c
Have you tried starting from site volunteer intern jobs to gain experience?

(1) (Reply)

Electrical Engineer/technician Needed Urgently In Delta State / Vacancy! Vacancy!! / Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.