Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You (7175 Views)

I Did POS Attendant For Two Weeks / What I Did Yesterday After I Lost My Last N200 During Interview / Life Is Izokuthoba: It Will Humble You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by DigiPerson: 1:28pm On May 12, 2023
Unemployment is such a bad thing that even who you perceive as an enemy does not deserve it. It keeps you demoralized, devalued, troubled, ashamed, weakened, hungry and starving, emaciated, frustrated depressed and suicidal. God help your son(children) from unemployment. It is only who hasn't stayed jobless before that will not understand this.

I have applied for jobs online and offline but just not lucky enough to land one, and so i decided to try offline again that yesterday with hunger and frustration glaring on me.

Having witnessed all that come with unemployment especially hunger and inability to afford the basics, like I said, decided to put my faith into work once again offline. If I had stayed longer in the house, may be hunger would have destroyed me.

I left the house in faith with nothing on me to trek around from office to office. I had covered a distance and some places, from 9am till 1pm. I became tired at some point and needed to rest. When I stood up to continue, the tiredness was too much so I decided to start trekking back home. This time, using any shortcut I know to ease the journey for me. That was where I came across a construction site.

"Since I left house with nothing, what is my hope going back with nothing? If I can get any job in this site now, I'm sure of earning something" - so I was talking to myself. With the corporate way I dressed, I walked into the site and asked to see the contractor. When he came out, I was very open to him. I told the man that I am jobless and hungry and this is the last place of hope I can work to earn something to eat. In short, I need a job here. The man looked me with the tucked in shirt and thought I was joking. He said, "but you don't look like who can do labour job here". I told him, "sir, forget the way I'm dressed. I want to work and earn something even if it's half-day pay". He asked again, are you sure want to do this and I said "yes", Ok, if you can do it, I have a job for you, follow me. He showed me where to use a wheel barrow to convey gravels from and to. He still thought I was joking. By this time, other workers there were looking at us. To his surprise, I removed my shoes, removed my trouser, removed my shirt. I was only left with inner wears. I grabbed the wheel barrow with a shovel and went for the first turn. That was when the man believed I was serious. I went on with the work but later got so weak due to empty stomach. He gave me N1000 to buy food for myself and later I continued with the work. At the end of the day, he handed me another N1500. That was how I was able to earn a living working in the construction site when I never thought of.

Nigeria will humble you even with your degree.

Going back home, pains upon pains. Body pains. Joint pains. Muscle pains. Headache. I couldn't close my eyes at night. God help me.

Nigeria would humble you.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by DigiPerson: 1:29pm On May 12, 2023
Thanks for reading.

3 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Emmamay10: 1:40pm On May 12, 2023
Construction industry to the rescue. That's one of the multiplier effects of construction sites. Just take painkiller, you will be fine. Better days ahead.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Shokoloko(f): 2:16pm On May 12, 2023
I see you have perseverance - Continue. God will multiply your effort.

20 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Garrieveryday: 2:58pm On May 12, 2023
When you have no option, you gat do anything to survive. God help us.

4 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Rightmindset: 3:00pm On May 12, 2023
And this is supposedly someone that spent years reading books. Who messed up Nigeria like this?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Simeon88(m): 3:13pm On May 12, 2023
It's well. I can relate with your experience. Naija my country.

1 Like

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by brimdans(m): 4:06pm On May 12, 2023
It is well brother. I can relate.

1 Like

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by bluemansion: 4:11pm On May 12, 2023
I can relate bro. What have I not done in this life just to survive?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Carmanbiz: 4:21pm On May 12, 2023
I pray you find a job that suits your standard. It's not easy for unemployed people all over.

9 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by absoluteSuccess: 4:24pm On May 12, 2023
I can relate with your experience especially when you find yourself at the lowest ebb of life.

The best antidote to this kind of thing is to learn how to do marketing as you are going about.

Meet people that can truly trust you, earn their trust if you must and take their product pictures to the office you often visit.

Target month end in some places. Work hard and use something as leverage. This kind of situation can be stubborn, be stubborn to overcome it.

God will send you help when you don't expect. Never pity yourself, bad times are great teachers but not all students pass the exam.

Addendum

My grandma would often told me, (as a young boy) oya mahu yavi, meaning "suffering don't kill it's own children" and it's true.

As youths, we must have a portable skill we can always fall back upon when life goes south.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Blake755: 4:31pm On May 12, 2023
E no easy imagine spending millions just for school at the end no job talkless of it being a white collar job chaii 💔💔
God who we often
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by DigiPerson: 4:40pm On May 12, 2023
Carmanbiz:
I pray you find a job that suits your standard. It's not easy for unemployed people all over.

Thank you. May God lead my way to a good job.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by absoluteSuccess: 4:47pm On May 12, 2023
In year 1999, as I was leaving the Golden Crown job, I told myself that I will never work under anybody in my life, I was barely 20 years of age.

My father did not create a company anywhere where I would be pampered, but I just have the inkling that I am a human being and so endowed someway.

I had a feeling that if I pick up employment, I will never be able to nurture whatever it is I may be gifted with. LOL I have no idea what I can do, I just believe if I can do it, I will be great.

I don't even know what that "it" would be then. It was adventurous life but still a lot happened on the way. Never hang your hope on strangers in life.

We must have inner drives at something, there must be economic reward to it. Strangers and career helps most times in life but not always. What works for me may not work for someone else.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Olachase(m): 5:10pm On May 12, 2023
You no con enter one beer palour mk u order for one chill beer, well congratulations you have gotten a job,

2500 * 22 =55,000

If you ready to drop ur certificate and hustle like a drop out, I have a job on my farm for you

2 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Veenbanks(m): 7:04pm On May 12, 2023
One should develop having skills both offline and online. For those willing to learn an online skill that can fetch you cool money with just your phone, you are always welcome to join Veenacademy on telegram, and join others from various walks of life in mastering financial freedom.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:11pm On May 12, 2023
It is real world here, not easy.
You have to keep going, better days they say it's ahead.

Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Carmanbiz: 7:29pm On May 12, 2023
DigiPerson:

Thank you. May God lead my way to a good job.

You are welcome my dear. Let God always be your strength
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Trustalone(f): 7:32pm On May 12, 2023
Quitters don't win and winners don't quit. The journey is not going to be a smooth one but keep pushing, just keep pushing.

2 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by shegzhkn: 7:34pm On May 12, 2023
Sad.
If I begin to talk now, people will say I hate their country.
Nigeria has 200M population with less than 2500 USD GDP per Capita, I'm sorry to say but what you described should be the order of the day in such society.
Certain decisions should have taken place in the past for stop all the mess manifesting now.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by ArchiLimited: 7:37pm On May 12, 2023
Where are you based
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Seagodess(f): 7:48pm On May 12, 2023
You guys will just come here and tell lies while sleeping in ur bed at home just to get favour from some persons.. since when my brother was scammed here on nairaland.i stopped believing ur cock and bull stories.. liar

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Mavinsoladele(m): 7:57pm On May 12, 2023
Veenbanks:
One should develop having skills both offline and online. For those willing to learn an online skill that can fetch you cool money with just your phone, you are always welcome to join Veenacademy on telegram, and join others from various walks of life in mastering financial freedom.

Will love to join please
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Seagodess(f): 7:57pm On May 12, 2023
Mavinsoladele:

Will love to join please
until Dem scam u
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Mavinsoladele(m): 7:58pm On May 12, 2023
Seagodess:
until Dem scam u

Lol...thanks for the concern.
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Veenbanks(m): 8:22pm On May 12, 2023
Mavinsoladele:

Will love to join please
If you don't have a telegram app, go to play store, and download it then search for Veenacademy join and access great opportunities that will get you to achieve financial freedom all for free.

1 Like

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by shortgun(m): 8:22pm On May 12, 2023
Seagodess:
You guys will just come here and tell lies while sleeping in ur bed at home just to get favour from some persons.. since when my brother was scammed here on nairaland.i stopped believing ur cock and bull stories.. liar
Exactly what I thought.
I don't know why a young man will go out to work and expect pity from people for working to earn a living 😕

3 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by DigiPerson: 8:29pm On May 12, 2023
Seagodess:

Not everybody tell lies here. If you don't mind, I can show you pictures of the site I worked and the painkiller drugs I'm taking now to relieve myself.

2 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by DigiPerson: 8:30pm On May 12, 2023
shortgun:

Exactly what I thought.
I don't why a young man will go out to work and expect pity from people for working to earn a living 😕

Oga, haven't spent how many years in the higher institution, is that the kind of work the person expected?
Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by absoluteSuccess: 8:37pm On May 12, 2023
shegzhkn:
Sad.
If I begin to talk now, people will say I hate their country.
Nigeria has 200M population with less than 2500 USD GDP per Capita, I'm sorry to say but what you described should be the order of the day in such society.
Certain decisions should have taken place in the past for stop all the mess manifesting now.

Brother, I am sorry to use myself as an example over and over, the truth is, government is like my father. In fact I lost my Dad at age 2.

But I saw my Dad's house, an old upstairs when I was in primary 5 or so. I said to myself, if my Dad could do this, being barely literate, I will do much better than him in life being literate. That's my thinking at 11 or so.

I've not neared his records in any way today. But he's just like a stranger. I don't have to look up to strangers because I may not have what worked for them exactly. But I do have my very own "opportunities".

Please don't look for justifications in what "strangers" ought to have made available that you don't have, if they could, they would have. Imagine if the Igbos have to stop because "everybody has issue with the Igbo" kind of mentality is fanned into Igbo business life?

We want to escape creative thinking and problem solving in our own generation whereby, everyone is brandishing academic qualifications, the academy will never solve the problem, it will rather add to it.

You will not learn the business aspects of interpersonal relationship in the four walls of the classroom, you will by solving life problems. If you study electronic electrical, are you into this "elect-elect" business or into job hunting?

Thomas Edison, the father of electricity was a businessman, a great one for that matter. Now how about Tesla, what attitude did he took to America and who was most intelligent out of the two brother? What about Ford etc?

If you check them Gay Luzac, Avogadro and all this people whose observations were put into "account", most were individuals who were working and on the job recorded their observations and empirical findings.

I wonder where we're going cramming their findings without being involved in the business that this people do. Talk about scrap. So let's find the main thing and not glorify the programmed scrap. It will take us nowhere, our children are coming too, they're almost here.

Innoson is not teaching but working,. Dangote, Otedola and all these great men were not extraordinarily brilliant, I'm not saying that they are low IQ, but that they started like with similar passion and scarce opportunities as you and I.

If we start looking at doing the very job and forsake the status that we educate ourselves into, we will have great industries on the job.

6 Likes

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by shortgun(m): 8:43pm On May 12, 2023
DigiPerson:

Oga, haven't spent how many years in the higher institution, is that the kind of work the person expected?
This is the mentality that's keeping most youths in the country jobless and unproductive.
That you got tertiary education doesn't mean you must be employed by govt or land a white collar job.

Tertiary education should prepare you for a life of independence, build your confidence in the society and stimulate innovativeness in you.

For a country with a population of close to 300m people there's alot a graduate can do to earn a decent living.

You begin to fail the day you start to think that there are jobs beneath you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Did Yesterday That Surprised People. Nigeria Will Humble You by Clinghton: 8:43pm On May 12, 2023
Don't take painkiller, sleep on hard surface and your body would get used to it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meristem Securities' Job Test / OANDO Assessment Invite / These Companies Are Curently Recuiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.