Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer (64452 Views)

Mary Mijebo: Lesbian Tiktoker Enjoyment Don 75 Shot Dead By Yahoo Boys In Delta / Suspected Armed Robber Arrested For Shooting One Dead In Ogun (photo) / Gunman Shot Dead After Opening Fire On Security Operatives. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by nix2portal(m): 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
even in america. . this kind of problem is still happening...
.. by the way... BUYING BTC (BULK AND UNIT) AT MOUTH OOZING RATE.. KINDLY DM ME

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by tot(f): 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
MedicH:
some people think 70 000 ppl have been killed in u.s mass shootings since 2019 like it's holocaust. pls it's not

Bandying fake information around is their modus operandi. That is how they would have been claiming the 70,000 figure as gospel truth if no one challenged them. Lying e-rats.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by EgunMogaji2: 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
Smartchoiice:

we have commissioned egunmogaji2 to lead our gun rights fight and training school

If up to me it’ll a requirement for every house to have a double odd shotgun.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by famouscargo4u: 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
My heart goes to the members who have lost a brother. Donald Trump really needs to do something about gun violence in the US. The Church of Christ salutes you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by itu404(m): 1:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
USA lied in their propaganda that Christians were being targeted by Muslims in Nigeria but just today here is an attack against Christians in USA and it is not the first.

Mass shootings in USA has become a daily occurrence yet same USA claims Africa is not safe.

Records show that USA has the highest number of mass killings but it is Nigeria or Africa that is not safe.

Okay o

It is high time Africa countries began issuing travel warnings to her citizens against going to USA

quiet becus u be moslem na true dem talk and u know am

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by olatilldend: 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
Thou shall not lack. . . . No lacking, even in the church!
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by LOVEGINO(m): 1:50pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
USA lied in their propaganda that Christians were being targeted by Muslims in Nigeria but just today here is an attack against Christians in USA and it is not the first.

Mass shootings in USA has become a daily occurrence yet same USA claims Africa is not safe.

Records show that USA has the highest number of mass killings but it is Nigeria or Africa that is not safe.

Okay o

It is high time Africa countries began issuing travel warnings to her citizens against going to USA
I rather goan die there
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
Nobody knows where the next mass shooting is going to take place in USA. Today it happened in a church. In August it happened in a Walmart store in El Paso where 22 people were shot dead but it is Africa that is not safe.

They should continue with their propaganda targeted at demarketing Africa and let gullible Africans keep on buying into their lies.

Guy you are not making sense. Yes, there is an attack in the US but will you compare that to Boko Haram? People like you if giving the opportunity can also fly to the US to shoot people just to discredit them.

Yes, senseless shooting takes place globally but that of Africa is more deadly or how will you described horrendous activities by the herdsmen and Boko Haram? Despite all this, US is still very much a safe place to dwell than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

A gunman opened fire in a church in Texas, killing one parishioner and wounding another before being shot dead by members of the congregation.

The gunman stood up from a pew at West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, a suburb of Fort Worth, pulled out a shotgun, a begun shooting.

Police said they were still trying to determine the attacker's motives.

White Settlement Police Chief JP Bevering praised "the heroic actions" of those who confronted the attacker.

The shooting took place at about 11:50 (17:50 GMT), during the morning service. The service was being live-streamed on social media.

Video footage showed the gunman stand up from a pew and speak to a man nearby, who gestured at another parishioner. The gunman then fired at the man he gestured toward.

The gunman fired again, at the man he had spoken to, before a member of the congregation returned fire with a handgun, immediately felling the attacker. Several other parishioners also produced handguns and trained them on the attacker. It was not clear from the video footage whether any of the other armed parishioners fired shots.

The shooting happened during the morning service at West Freeway Church of Christ
US sees highest number of mass killings on record
Members of the congregation in the nearly full church ducked down behind pews as screaming filled the room.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott called the shooting "an evil act of violence".

"Places of worship are meant to be sacred, and I am grateful for the church members who acted quickly to take down the shooter and help prevent further loss of life," he said in a statement.

Witness Isabel Arreola told local broadcaster CBS DFW: "It was the most scariest thing. You feel like your life is flashing before you. I was so worried about my little one."

Texas has seen a number of deadly shootings this year. In August, 22 people died and 24 were wounded at a Walmart store in El Paso. The same month a gunman killed seven and wounded 20 at Odessa-Midland.

In 2017, 26 people were killed when a gunman opened fire at a Baptist church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, during a Sunday service.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50942664?ocid=socialflow_twitter
. Your country is not safe, stop grandstanding.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by drakeli: 1:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
Texas the gun capital of the world
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by XANDERBOY85: 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Eddee:
2 seconds everywhere burst!!! Never to be caught unfresh... Guy men dey pack heat come church on a low. If na for naija the idiot for don waste all the worshippers finish. I need go find my representative for NASS, we all have the right to protect ourselves as at when due.

I think what should be done is allow every church the right to secretly arm at least 5 worshippers for every mass/service! Also, adult church members should be given target practice training! This way, any muderous muthafucker will know he’s on a suicidal mission if he wants to go for a shootout in a church!
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by trutht828: 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Can you mention just one thing the USA is doing to stop the shootings? The people in power are Republicans and they are 100% behind gun ownership and have refused to push for Gun control. So name just one thing that they are doing to bring it under control. I am waiting.

You are clearly intentionally blind or you lack enough sense to read and understand. If you read that post well, you would see that worshippers are now allowed to bring guns into churches for self defense.

Do you know that this particular shooting only lasted 6 seconds? And do you know why, because one of the worshippers shot the shooter down. I just watched this particular news on CNN few minutes ago. Stop acting stupid like your Brain is useless and dead.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Expert17: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Ironically i have and never lost my patriotism unlike weak will people like you did

Maybe u went to CONGO..............

because u were DEPORTED, u r now saying wat u dnt know....

If dey buy ticket make u travel go Yankee,...... Ur type will go n do testimony in church.............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by drakeli: 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
LtChisom:

What exactly is your motive for this post?
I thought you did it cos your felt sorry for the people affected but no, you did it because you want others to hate the USA government cos of your perceived propaganda in Nigeria. Instead of finding ways to make our country good and safe, you are busy spewing your own propaganda. If not for patriotism and love for my fatherland Nigeria, USA despite all the mass murdering is 100000000millionx better than Nigeria.
Is bokoharam not killing people in Nigeria?
Are Fulani herdsmen not killing people in Nigeria?
Are there not pockets of heavy criminalities in Nigeria?
Solve your problems and leave USA.
So because we've not surmounted USA deaths via terrorism and proliferation of arms, the menace should continue and that makes Nigeria better?
OP nooooo na, stop playing with people's life, let's accept that Nigeria is a failing and decayed state.

You don’t know that guy called Timesup. He comes with different monickers attacking the US after he was allegedly deported

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Ooye12: 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
USA and shooting they are like 5&6

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by CaptainMeks: 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
itu404:

quiet becus u be moslem na true dem talk and u know am

Quiet because you no get sense. I hear am before but no believe am but now i do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

If up to me it’ll a requirement for every house to have a double odd shotgun.

In Nigeria of today maybe it is a necessity.

But there are many western countries that don't promote use of guns.

The problem is systemic.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nearbyproperty(m): 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Am i the government? I only gave my own factual advice. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. They say we are not Safe because of reasons they concocted. We can also say they are not safe based on the facts we see especially the current mass shooting epidermic ongoing in USA which can happen anywhere and anytime without prior warning
Irrespective of the shooting,their economy still good pass ua naija own.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
trutht828:

You are clearly intentionally blind or you lack enough sense to read and understand. If you read that post well, you would see that worshippers are now allowed to bring guns into churches for self defense.

Do you know that this particular shooting only lasted 6 seconds? And do you know why, because one of the worshippers shot the shooter down. I just watched this particular news on CNN few minutes ago. Stop acting stupid like your Brain is useless and dead.

How many seconds should the shooting last to make it a disaster?
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Encapsulate: 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
Na America with their " I too know". When they legalize arms for civilians what do u expect.

When u become an Adult, u can apply for Gun in the name of self defence and the government will gracefully give it to you with some documented rounds of bullets.

3 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Expert17: 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

Stop typing rubbish.

There are many safe western countries.

There are others that face challenges similar to ours as relates to violent crime.

We shouldn't be demonized whilst those others are overlooked.

Violence should be condemned wherever it occurs. People and countries must come together to prevent further happenings. But trying to demonize the weaker countries should be condemned.

Take pride in your person.

Your type will travel to US............ dey go dey beg u to come bck

stop saying wat u dnt know............

U cnt compare dier Security/safety measures to africa....

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
Nearbyproperty:

Irrespective of the shooting,their economy still good pass ua naija own.

But there are countries that hardly ever experience gun violence but are better off.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
Expert17:

Your type will travel to US............ dey go dey beg u to come bck

stop saying wat u dnt know............

U cnt compare dier Security/safety measures to africa....

Been and worked in the USA. This fact might hurt you but it's true.

It's a nice country but so is Nigeria.

Take pride in who you are.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by dallyemmy: 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
Deliver us from evil...oh Lord!

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Can you mention just one thing the USA is doing to stop the shootings? The people in power are Republicans and they are 100% behind gun ownership and have refused to push for Gun control. So name just one thing that they are doing to bring it under control. I am waiting.

You just kept fooling and embarrassing yourself unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by trutht828: 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

How many seconds should the shooting last to make it a disaster?

The focus here is that the government is doing something to end the killings. Stop acting like you are mentally blind.

Whatbahs buhari done to stop killings of Christians in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Opotoyi5: 2:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
CaptainMeks:

USA is not safe Period!

In fact USA is worse!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Opotoyi5: 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
CaptainMeks:

Google translate gbawa gi ike. Kugishie gi ukwu dia.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by LtChisom: 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
drakeli:

You don’t know that guy called Timesup. He comes with different monickers attacking the IS after he was allegedly deported
Chai! Okkkk, now I understand his predicament and his psychological status, he should have go to a rehabilitation home and moved on instead of living in the past and pains.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
trutht828:

The focus here is that the government is doing something to end the killings. Stop acting like you are mentally blind.

Whatbahs buhari done to stop killings of Christians in Nigeria?

What exactly has been done.

Statistics suggest that gun violence is non the increase in America.

Don't hate yourself.

Think.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Opotoyi5: 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
CaptainMeks:

Stats show you are very wrong

As at today there has been 412 mass shootings this year alone in USA

3 days ago it was 409

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Opotoyi5: 2:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
CaptainMeks:

Keep on fooling yourself with google translate nonsense anumpama. Iche n'am bu efulefu okwaya. Nwaafo alaigbo 100% k'am bu. I am even sure you are the outcast here
[/s]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos:Woman Pretending To Be Pregnant Caught Nd Stripped Off Her Bump In Lekki / Father And Son Rape His Little Daughter In Cross River State (Photos) / Gang Raped Girl Dies In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.