Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer (64456 Views)

Mary Mijebo: Lesbian Tiktoker Enjoyment Don 75 Shot Dead By Yahoo Boys In Delta / Suspected Armed Robber Arrested For Shooting One Dead In Ogun (photo) / Gunman Shot Dead After Opening Fire On Security Operatives. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 2:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
Expert17:

i just pray u wont hv an encounter with SARS one day

You mean as Rodney King did in the USA?

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 2:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
oldtruth:

Do you know World Bank, Do you know USAID Why am I wasting my time with you.

World Bank gives loans.

Itemize USAID contributions.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by MillerJnr(m): 2:22pm On Dec 30, 2019
trutht828:

At least, you are not denying that Muslims are killing Christians in Nigeria. You are only concerned about why this is also not reported about Saudi Arabia

defender of the US, continue, u fit get visa o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by EgunMogaji2: 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

In Nigeria of today maybe it is a necessity.

But there are many western countries that don't promote use of guns.

The problem is systemic.

So, I always write from my personal experience. I feel naked here in Nigeria without my concealed handgun.

I don’t know about other countries but I know about Nigeria. A lot of issues will be solved if weapons are prolific like in some parts of the USA. If someone grew up say Sweden then I expect them to consider guns very inhuman.

Personally, I think we should adopt Texas Castle Doctrine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by pmoye(m): 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
I think you should sh.ut the f.uck up. This is nothing about Africa.

CaptainMeks:
USA lied in their propaganda that Christians were being targeted by Muslims in Nigeria but just today here is an attack against Christians in USA and it is not the first.

Mass shootings in USA has become a daily occurrence yet same USA claims Africa is not safe.

Records show that USA has the highest number of mass killings but it is Nigeria or Africa that is not safe.

Okay o

It is high time Africa countries began issuing travel warnings to her citizens against going to USA

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Expert17: 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
GeneralPula:
USA is one of the most dangerous place to live on earth!

I laugh when people think it’s way safer!

U will jump at the opportunity to travel dere....................

With all ur Village Witches and Wizard,.... u still go dere for Xmas and new year
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Mayeldah(m): 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
No be your Islamic terrorist brothers they shoot them? Whether in Nigeria or USA, na dem.

Religion of piss!!!

CaptainMeks:
There was an attack on Jewish New Yorkers almost every day last week. Today 5 more were stabbed at a Hanukkah celebration in same New York but it is Africa that is not safe.

Okay o
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

So, I always write from my personal experience. I feel naked here in Nigeria without my concealed handgun.

I don’t know about other countries but I know about Nigeria. A lot of issues will be solved if weapons are prolific like in some parts of the USA.

Personally, I think we should adopt Texas Castle Doctrine.

I cant deny that I often feel it is a necessity to own a weapon.

Yet I'll say, having lived in other societies, I cannot believe it is the only way.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

World Bank gives loans.

Itemize USAID contributions.

WorldBank gives loan Haven't you seen world Bank projects in Nigeria?

Let this rest. You are too daft for my liking. Google USAID and the rest.

Good day
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
I had to join this forum after going through the attacks y'all have been throwing the way of the poster because i was incensed. I am a Nigerian in Diaspora specifically in America and i almost lost my life to this needless gun violence and mass shooters happening.

What the poster said is the truth. Shit is scary here because these days i never know if i would return home when i step out.

This was me in the hospital recuperating just 3 months ago. My kids would have lost me because of a stupid mass shooter

{Pictures now removed}

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by trutht828: 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
MillerJnr:

defender of the US, continue, u fit get visa o

You are the one that asked s question and I answered you.

As usual. When dumb people are beaten in an argument, they will ignore the subject matter and focus on rubbish.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 2:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
oldtruth:

WorldBank gives loan Haven't you seen world Bank projects in Nigeria?

Let this rest. You are too daft for my liking. Google USAID and the rest.

Good day

Cant you name the projects world bank carried out gratis?

You will still chop your ban sha.

Mynd44, lalasticlala and don't pretend not to see this.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by teewhydope(m): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
tot:

Stop posting FALSE information and plucking figures out of the air. 70,000 from where? You think this is Nigeria.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50936575

The US suffered more mass killings in 2019 than any year on record, according to researchers. A database compiled by the Associated Press (AP), USA Today and Northeastern University recorded 41 incidents and a total of 211 deaths.

you're wrong girl!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
In the attack that i was involved in, a 14 year old girl died. She did nothing wrong. We were all just at the wrong place at the wrong time and some lunatic felt that was the right spot to do a drive by probably for fun too
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by MillerJnr(m): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
trutht828:

You are the one that asked s question and I answered you.

As usual. When dumb people are beaten in an argument, they will ignore the subject matter and focus on rubbish.
Mr dumb us, u wey no dumb, otepu wey no value him father land, dey worship white man as if no be black monkey him go call you Las Las

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Angelfrost(m): 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
linearity:

I take it that, you are not a statistician, hence you are quoting figures out of context.

The bottom line is, you are twice more likely to get murder in Nigeria compare to the USA.

Try to index your figures against the total population of both countries, the murder rate in the US is about 4.9 per 100,000 of the population, whereas in Nigeria, it is 9.85 per 100,000 of the population.

The irony of all these is that, there are more guns within the civilian population in USA indexed per population compare to Nigeria. Imagine if the rate of guns on the street of Nigeria is equal to those in the USA, Nigeria will be a war zone. There is now 120.5 guns to each 100 residents in the USA, which means about 20% more guns than the whole population, imagine that kind of scenario today couple with the level frustration in Nigeria and see the murder rate sky-rocking.

Lets compare apples to apples.

Don't waste your time... Sycophants are not gifted with the ability to reason objectively.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
The poster was even talking about 2019 stats which are a record high. Even back in 2016 it was still worse. Guns were involved in nearly two thirds of homicides in America and this was about twice the share in Canada, five times that in Australia and 14 times the figure in England and Wales

America was dangerous then but now it is just messed up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Amanda4life: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
Even church goer dey carry gun.

Its only in Nigerian church goer s no dey defend themselves

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by CalabarDude(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
theassassin1:
[s][/s]
are u ok?
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Angelfrost(m): 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
Printerscanner:

Same way Nigerian carry juju to the Church

Carry which juju to church??!... When a lot of churches are built on juju.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by EgunMogaji2: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

I cant deny that I often feel it is a necessity to own a weapon.

Yet I'll say, having lived in other societies, I cannot believe it is the only way.

I respect your opinion.

For Nigeria it’s the only way.

Reason why almost all agencies in Nigeria are all armed.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by tot(f): 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
teewhydope:

you're wrong girl!

Hopefully you realise anyone can edit wikipedia?
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 2:45pm On Dec 30, 2019
linearity:

I take it that, you are not a statistician, hence you are quoting figures out of context.

The bottom line is, you are twice more likely to get murder in Nigeria compare to the USA.

Try to index your figures against the total population of both countries, the murder rate in the US is about 4.9 per 100,000 of the population, whereas in Nigeria, it is 9.85 per 100,000 of the population.

The irony of all these is that, there are more guns within the civilian population in USA indexed per population compare to Nigeria. Imagine if the rate of guns on the street of Nigeria is equal to those in the USA, Nigeria will be a war zone. There is now 120.5 guns to each 100 residents in the USA, which means about 20% more guns than the whole population, imagine that kind of scenario today couple with the level frustration in Nigeria and see the murder rate sky-rocking.

Lets compare apples to apples.

Do you live in America? Well i do and i am a Nigerian and you just stated bullshit right here. You have no idea what is going on here.

There are neighborhoods here where someone gets shot every damn night with sirens blaring all through the night. As at now, nowhere is safe. From Churches to Movie Theaters to Concerts to Malls to Schools to Synagogues to Mosques to Parks to Nightclubs to Office Buildings to festivals to Stores to Military Bases to Bars to Post Offices to Yoga Studios

Nowhere is safe from the scourge of gun violence in America. I have experienced it up close and personal and stats do not do justice to the hella mess going on here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by madridsta007(m): 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
alphaNomega:
When this is over, the man who brought a handgun to church should go for psychiatric evaluation. He might be the next shooter

This is Texas.
Where everyone practically carries a gun.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 2:53pm On Dec 30, 2019
Keepem:
2 were actually killed. From what I gathered via France24 news, 74,000 persons have died from gun related shootings in the US since 2017.....dem no go talk these ones come out o.

Those figures are not quite the truth. It is more than 74,000. There are at least 300 gun related deaths daily here in America but the figures they push out are always minimized and it is political.

One of those who cannot live to tell his story is 17 yr old Gervonte Taplin who was shot and killed on Christmas day. His little brother who is 10 yrs old was also shot but survived.

Taplin is now a statistic as i almost was

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by hermesprogidy(m): 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
Shithole country. Yet brain dead Nigerians keep rushing there. Tufia!!

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by GeneralPula: 2:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
[s]
Expert17:

U will jump at the opportunity to travel dere....................

With all ur Village Witches and Wizard,.... u still go dere for Xmas and new year
grin grin grin

[/s]

See as e Dey talk as if say him sabi me...

Olopolo kukuru undecided
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I respect your opinion.

For Nigeria it’s the only way.

Reason why almost all agencies in Nigeria are all armed.

You have valid reasons.

My fear is how we manage to abuse things.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
USA lied in their propaganda that Christians were being targeted by Muslims in Nigeria but just today here is an attack against Christians in USA and it is not the first.

Mass shootings in USA has become a daily occurrence yet same USA claims Africa is not safe.

Records show that USA has the highest number of mass killings but it is Nigeria or Africa that is not safe.

Okay o

It is high time Africa countries began issuing travel warnings to her citizens against going to USA
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Expert17: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2019
GeneralPula:

See as e Dey talk as if say him sabi me...

Olopolo kukuru undecided

OLOPOLO GUNGUN

who u be
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Jimbadly: 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
Nobody knows where the next mass shooting is going to take place in USA. Today it happened in a church. In August it happened in a Walmart store in El Paso where 22 people were shot dead but it is Africa that is not safe.

They should continue with their propaganda targeted at demarketing Africa and let gullible Africans keep on buying into their lies.

Typical ranting of a brainwashed Muslim.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by jeruzi(m): 2:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
budaatum:

Don't mind them! See as Fulani de collect visa to herd cattle in Fort Worth, Texas!

Where are those who blame Fulani herdsmen for killings in church.
How does this stop the reality of what is happening in Nigeria.
Fulani killings. Herders carrying guns and killing farmers, boko haram etc. Are these not the situation in Nigeria. Who then should be blamed? An American serial shooter?

I wonder at why some people reason this way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos:Woman Pretending To Be Pregnant Caught Nd Stripped Off Her Bump In Lekki / Father And Son Rape His Little Daughter In Cross River State (Photos) / Female Child Kidnapper Caught In Ijora Badia, Lagos, Burnt To Ashes (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.