Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer (64450 Views)

Mary Mijebo: Lesbian Tiktoker Enjoyment Don 75 Shot Dead By Yahoo Boys In Delta / Suspected Armed Robber Arrested For Shooting One Dead In Ogun (photo) / Gunman Shot Dead After Opening Fire On Security Operatives. Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by therajah: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2019
daddytime:
God forbid me from America.

I no do, make I manage Nigeria abeg.
Amen!!
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by budaatum: 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
jeruzi:
How does this stop the reality of what is happening in Nigeria.
Fulani killings. Herders carrying guns and killing farmers, boko haram etc. Are these not the situation in Nigeria. Who then should be blamed? An American serial shooter?

I wonder at why some people reason this way.
I do not agree that Fulani and boko haram are killing farmers in Aba and Warri and Ibadan and Oyo! The indigenes of those places are not so spineless, as far as I know, that some foreign people would come on their father's land and terrorise them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Skmoda360(m): 3:06pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:
Over 70 thousand people killed by the gun in America in 2019 alone.
Lie kee you there......bro lie Mohamed Pele oooo.....
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by beardedboy(m): 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
Dpharisee:
With this method Boko Haram and herdsmen would have been cleared out, every Christian needs to own a gun in Nigeria, that's the way to fight the creeping jihad

Christians in Benue, maiduguri and other conflict zones have guns. The media only publishes what is inline with their desires.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by hermesprogidy(m): 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
oldtruth:

WorldBank gives loan Haven't you seen world Bank projects in Nigeria?

Let this rest. You are too daft for my liking. Google USAID and the rest.

Good day
Yes, there are World Bank projects, but they are all loans. That is why they are always tagged "World Bank assisted" But who argues about American assistance to Nigeria through USAID? I need to flog that guy angry

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
Skmoda360:

I acknowledged later that figure was in error.

The figure is slightly more than 30 thousand people.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by ForbesHomesNG(m): 3:11pm On Dec 30, 2019
daddytime:
God forbid me from America.

I no do, make I manage Nigeria abeg.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Afamed: 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:
At least 28 people were wounded in 3 separate shootings across these 3 states below last weekend.

13 people were shot in Chicago at a memorial party

7 people shot while waiting to get into a Baltimore lounge

A 19 year old man was shot dead in Minnesota

But it is Africa that is not safe
May God bless you for exposing this in-depth analysis. Many of the our citizens here in Nigeria have been brainwashed , to them US and the other developed nations are 100% perfect

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2019
Lewisalexander:

Naija is not safe. Period!

Right now i am of the Opinion that Nigeria is safer than here. My folks and friends back in Nigeria hardly share any bad news with me about whats up in Nigeria and i always ask because of what i read about from the media but they often shoot it down as nonsense. I have also visited often and no shit happened throughout my stay which is usually as long as 4 months.

However over here it's a whole different kettle of fish. This picture is my truck after the drive by shooting that happened at my spot. I am sure you would have preferred to be here with me when it happened so you would realize that right now you are so lucky in Nigeria especially with the spate of gun violence we witness here this period.

What you see on my truck are not holes from a nail puncher but actual bullet holes. They were not made by law enforcement but by a fellow citizen just like me who happens to be civilian

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by mvem(m): 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
davillian:
If its Nigeria the gunman would have killed like 40 people and injured 115....
Even with high level of security in America everybody home has a gun...
which high level of security...do you watch the news at all?...the deaths by gun in the US is far beyond many countries. In a day like Chicago you have many deaths that don't show up on the news due to gun violence. Una go use Hollywood dey judge US
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Deltayankeeboi: 3:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

I am trying to show deluded people how hypocritical USA is and how they love using lies to paint other nations bad while theirs is an eldorado.

How can they explain holding the record of highest deaths from mass shootings in the world at almost 70,000 this year alone?

How can they explain 412 mass shootings this year alone which translates to over 1 mass shooting daily for each day of the year?

How can they explain about 24,000 suicides this 2019 alone?

How can they explain almost a thousand children shot this year alone?

yet they say Africa is unsafe.

Do the above records show they are safe too?
very stupid post. You are just fooling yourself around.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by mvem(m): 3:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
Skmoda360:

Sometimes people are ignorant. Do you know the cases of gun deaths everyday in States just like Chicago alone. You think Hollywood is a perfect description of the US...smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by mvem(m): 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
Deltayankeeboi:
very stupid post. You are just fooling yourself around.
he said facts why you said nothing...use points that are factual to counter him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 3:26pm On Dec 30, 2019
mvem:
which high level of security...do you watch the news at all?...the deaths by gun in the US is far beyond many countries. In a day like Chicago you have many deaths that don't show up on the news due to gun violence. Una go use Hollywood dey judge US

You are right. Chicago is the holy grail of gun violence. It happens there like the air you breath. Much of it goes unreported. You will never catch me dead in Chicago.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

My error.

The true figure is 39, 146. It is a small figure.

Proof pls
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Deltayankeeboi: 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
mvem:
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

The same BBC and American media published the records.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-49653414

You think i am dumb like you?

So BBC news is now nigeria bureau for statistics grin, try sth else.

Present proof that 70,000 people have been killed in U.S mass shootings in the year 2019.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Bahddo(m): 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
alphaNomega:
When this is over, the man who brought a handgun to church should go for psychiatric evaluation. He might be the next shooter
didn't you read the part where several other church member brought out their guns and aimed at the gun man? Moving about with guns is not really a big deal in the US, unless you are black (then policemen would shoot you on sight).

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Deltayankeeboi: 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
mvem:
I don't have the time for unnecessary and baseless arguments. Ranting up and down Nairaland discrediting the safety of US is plain stupidity. I don't engage in such.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
beardedboy:

Christians in Benue, maiduguri and other conflict zones have guns. The media only publishes what is inline with their desires.

So why does every single media company report only boko haram, islamic killings and fulani killings in Nigeria.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 3:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Proof pls

So you know how to request proof but never ever produce when you make an argument:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org

1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Chinkobanana: 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
Deltayankeeboi:
I don't have the time for unnecessary and baseless arguments. Ranting up and down Nairaland discrediting the safety of US is plain stupidity. I don't engage in such.

Did you say discrediting the safety of the US?

Dude wake up. This place ain't safe for shit.

Yeah i can have a gun for self defense or my neighbor can but the only person whose mental health i can vouch for is mine. Not my neighbors'. Dude could just get depressed over some flimsy stuff and decide to take some lives to feel better. This is why we have a rash of mass shootings here lately.

I guess you live in Nigeria and if you do then you need to stop thinking America is safe as you think because she most definitely is not. 9/11 attacks should let you know this simple fact.

Now after 9/11 we are now saddled with gun violence issues which are through the roof. Yo this place is not safe. I only feel safe when i am indoors and even that is not a perfect feeling because someone could just break in and shoot first before they ask me anything just because they need $1 dollar to smoke crack with.

2 old men of about 60 years old were jumped and severely beaten up a few days ago just because the assailants needed a dollar. One of the old men died. $1 dollar dude, $1 freaking dollar.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:

So you know how to request proof but never ever produce when you make an argument:

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org

So where are the 70k deaths from Mass shootings?

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by lawkenoz(m): 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
Chinkobanana:

You are right. Chicago is the holy grail of gun violence. It happens there like the air you breath. Much of it goes unreported. You will never catch me dead in Chicago.

No wahala you are free to relocate back to nigeria since its safer in your opinion. And please relocate to maiduguri and then compare it with chicago after youve relocated.

We will be patiently waiting for your safety analysis of both countries.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by legaxi(m): 3:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
alphaNomega:
When this is over, the man who brought a handgun to church should go for psychiatric evaluation. He might be the next shooter

The gunman fired again, at the man he had spoken to, before a member of the congregation returned fire with a handgun, immediately felling the attacker. Several other parishioners also produced handguns and trained them on the attacker.
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by stankezzy: 3:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

So why does every single media company report only boko haram, islamic killings and fulani killings in Nigeria.
because although they move about with guns but they don't go about killing but boko haram doesn't have any other objective than to look for people to kill , rape or kidnap, are u their member?
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2019
Deltayankeeboi:

Actually, you have no point and you'd rather the false notion continues unchallenged.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by rusher14: 3:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

So where are the 70k deaths from Mass shootings?

Shut up.

Did you not make a quote in which I said it was an error?

You are despicable.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by thebigkendo(m): 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2019
Eddee:

Saw photos of his workshop once. Saw a flag somewhere. He's an all American, American!!!

My guy once I have my own family, I'm staying strapped be it legally or illegally. Guns are a normal way of life for my extended family. 80 percent of them are or were in the Armed Forces. Only a few of them chickened out. Cannot afford to be at the mercy of an alcohol/depraved/hatred fueled individual wielding an iron and lead.

Bros.. It's like you are amongst the "few of them" that chickened out grin grin grin
Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by ajl: 3:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
CaptainMeks:

A gunman opened fire in a church in Texas, killing one parishioner and wounding another before being shot dead by members of the congregation.

The gunman stood up from a pew at West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement, a suburb of Fort Worth, pulled out a shotgun, a begun shooting.

Police said they were still trying to determine the attacker's motives.

White Settlement Police Chief JP Bevering praised "the heroic actions" of those who confronted the attacker.

The shooting took place at about 11:50 (17:50 GMT), during the morning service. The service was being live-streamed on social media.

Video footage showed the gunman stand up from a pew and speak to a man nearby, who gestured at another parishioner. The gunman then fired at the man he gestured toward.

The gunman fired again, at the man he had spoken to, before a member of the congregation returned fire with a handgun, immediately felling the attacker. Several other parishioners also produced handguns and trained them on the attacker. It was not clear from the video footage whether any of the other armed parishioners fired shots.

The shooting happened during the morning service at West Freeway Church of Christ
US sees highest number of mass killings on record
Members of the congregation in the nearly full church ducked down behind pews as screaming filled the room.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott called the shooting "an evil act of violence".

"Places of worship are meant to be sacred, and I am grateful for the church members who acted quickly to take down the shooter and help prevent further loss of life," he said in a statement.

Witness Isabel Arreola told local broadcaster CBS DFW: "It was the most scariest thing. You feel like your life is flashing before you. I was so worried about my little one."

Texas has seen a number of deadly shootings this year. In August, 22 people died and 24 were wounded at a Walmart store in El Paso. The same month a gunman killed seven and wounded 20 at Odessa-Midland.

In 2017, 26 people were killed when a gunman opened fire at a Baptist church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, during a Sunday service.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50942664?ocid=socialflow_twitter

US news media like CNN will hide the news from international viewers. There have been over 400 hundred mass shootings incidents in this year 2019 alone. Read it here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/mass-shootings-2019-more-mass-shootings-than-days-so-far-this-year/

Other news site will try to use numbers to fool you and claim less number of killings like this one here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/12/28/us-mass-shootings-killings-2019-41-record-high/2748794001/

The number in the first link claimed 401 mass shooting incidents between January 1 and Dec. 25. Which is now 402 incidents by including this new Texas incident. I believe this number because its obtained from an NGO called Gun Violence Archive that track the data.

The story in the second link give 41 mass shooting incidents in 2019 and the data is provided by Associated Press, USA Today and a university. I know news media and university professors lie sometimes about their research data. I dont trust this number.

The truth is most of the killings does not even make it into the local news not to talk of international news. I live here and know what's going on. One day, my daughter told me about a rumour that someone was planning an attack on the Walmart close to our neighbourhood (somewhere in Texas). Just imagine the number of people with guns in a church.

2 Likes

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by linearity: 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2019
Chinkobanana:

Do you live in America? Well i do and i am a Nigerian and you just stated bullshit right here. You have no idea what is going on here.

There are neighborhoods here where someone gets shot every damn night with sirens blaring all through the night. As at now, nowhere is safe. From Churches to Movie Theaters to Concerts to Malls to Schools to Synagogues to Mosques to Parks to Nightclubs to Office Buildings to festivals to Stores to Military Bases to Bars to Post Offices to Yoga Studios

Nowhere is safe from the scourge of gun violence in America. I have experienced it up close and personal and stats do not do justice to the hella mess going on here

Bros, where do you live? Is it Syria!

You just described bullshit and an hyperbole right there! Agreed, people who live very close to the epicenter of a menace allow their emotions to influence objectivity when describing a National trend.

I also live in the US and what you described above only happens in Syria, am in New Jersey; Camden New Jersey is the murder capital of the United States and I have been there, nothing like the hyperbole you stated above happens in Camden, I have been to Newark, Elizabeth, etc that are also very notorious but not as Camden and it is not like what you have stated.

If you truly live in the US as you claimed, you will realize that; there are thousands of cities, neighborhood, etc where there are very little to no murder, year-in and year-out; e.g. where I currently lives, almost everyone have a gun, but have consistently maintain zero murder rates for many years now, except in 2019, when there was just 1 and this is not a small town.

I doubt if you live in the US, otherwise I dare you to give me your zip code, and I will post here; the up to the minute murder rate of that area, including the figures for last night, and the general population here will see your hyperbole for what they are.

I hate to inform you that, the stats I quoted above, have the murder rate for the worst areas in the US baked-in, including where you currently lives (if it is in the US), Camden, Baltimore, St. Louis, etc. The dynamic of these stats vi-sa-vi Nigeria is, we do not keep records in Nigeria, every murder in America is reported, documented and we get to discuss them on Nairaland, but you know that is not the case in Nigeria. Even not all murder cases reported to the police are tabulated and added to the National figures in Nigeria.

Please upgrade your struggle, so that you can move from Syria to the USA and when in the USA, one good clue, not to live in black or colored neighborhoods, yes the cost of living is more expensive and affinity to jobs for blacks in these neighborhoods are very low, but if you upgrade your hustle enough, you can afford it.

1 Like

Re: Texas Church Shooting: One Killed Before Gunman Shot Dead By Churchgoer by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2019
rusher14:
Over 70 thousand people killed by the gun in America in 2019 alone.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50936575

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Missing 14-Year-Old Girl Hidden By 43-Year-Old Neighbor For 2-Day Sex In Lagos / Gang Raped Girl Dies In Ebonyi / Photos:Woman Pretending To Be Pregnant Caught Nd Stripped Off Her Bump In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.