Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Tribes At War - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tribes At War (331 Views)

Awọn Ọmọ Oódua - World At War / gods At War(the Golden Scepter) A short Fantasy Novel / What Is At Stake At War Of Words Season 8 (spoken Word Poetry Competition)??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribes At War by phoneaide: 10:47am On Dec 30, 2019
Tribes at war
All rights reserved, no part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted, in any form or by any means without permission of the Publisher.
Disclaimer: This work is mainly Fiction all resemblance to names,places or things is mainly coincindental.
Episode 1
Rume found himself at the foot of a sherry tree with just one ripened fruit on it. the fruit was very big. As he peered up at it, wondering how to get at it, the fruit started to drop and he tried to catch it. as he caught the fruit to his dismay he found he was at the bank of a wide river and the fruit had fallen into the river. when he looked up from the water, he discovered that the tree itself had disappeared and was now at the other bank of the river. the choppy water started to carry the fruit to the other side.
Rume kicked off his shoes in panic. he dived into the water and swarm after the strange fruit as if his life depended on it. he didnt know why, but he knew he wanted that fruit like nothing else in the world.
Re: Tribes At War by phoneaide: 10:59am On Dec 30, 2019
**Continuation**
As he got to the middle some people started throwing things at him. he could not see the people. but they came at him fast and thick but none of them was landing at their target; Spears, Arrows, Swords, Axes, and even Stones. he swam on fearlessly, the landing point of the weapons that were being thrown moved backwards. and it appeared as though the other bank of the river was moving backwards away from him too.
he got so tired but the more tired he got, the more determined he was to get the fruit. then the weapons stopped falling as suddenly as they had started and he also suddenly found himself at the other bank of the river with the fruit in his hands but to his horror, the tree broke in two and fell with a loud swoosh into the river.
That was when the bell started to ring. he looked up and saw a fire brigade motor chugging along on the river and he wondered how strange for a fire engine to be riding on the water. he had never seen anything like it before.
Re: Tribes At War by phoneaide: 11:14am On Dec 30, 2019
Then he felt a strange sensation on his shoulder, somebody was trying to shake him awake. he woke up from the strange dream to find Purity lying beside him on the bed.
Purity had been Rume's lover up till the previous day. they had a row the previous day and he had broken off the relationship, or at least, he thought he had.
Rume? you set the alarm were you going somewhere so early?
O yes i have to pick up... then Rume froze. he was fully awake now. Purity! he could not remember going to bed with Purity or anyone else for that matter the previous night. "Purity what are you doing here? how did you get in?" he sat up.
I used the key of course. Purity replied, sitting up as well.
key? which key? Rume remembered he had given one of his keys to her sometime back. that was when they had just met and she used to cook for him. now, she must have let herself in after he had gone to bed.
well, for christsake considering what happened yesterday, she could have slit his throat and no one would have known about it.
Re: Tribes At War by phoneaide: 11:27am On Dec 30, 2019
Rume broke into a cold sweat. so you came back last night? after our discussion yesterday, you went home. a pretty silly thing to say, but he was shaken and still groggy from sleep. his brain was probably still booting.
of course not. i came in this morning. Rume so you were not lying?
about what? Rume kept rubbing his throat, his eyes fixed on Purity's face like she was about to confess witchcraft. he was badly shaken finding her by his side the way he did. she could have killed him. she had sworn that she would get even with him last night before she left.
you know, of course, that girl of yesterday. i thought you would be sleeping with her. i thought i would find her here. i rang the door bell and no one answered, so i let myself in with the key you gave to me the other day. this of course was a lie. she did not ring the door bell. she had opened the door and sneaked in like a thief.
O the key. where is the key? he demanded gently enough.
he should be thanking his stars that his throat wasnt slit.
Re: Tribes At War by phoneaide: 11:39am On Dec 30, 2019
and not bothering to be angry. purity got down from the bed and got her handbag from the table.
well you said we could discuss it some other time yesterday didnt you, rume. she was saying as she rummaged through her bag to get at the key. well here i am can we discuss it now? she threw a furtive glance over her shoulder at him. she sounded like she was desperate, even if not in a panic.
discuss what? rume took the key from her. i dont think we have anything to discuss, purity.
we dont? i thought you said we could discuss later.
no. we dont have anything to discuss. when an affair is over, its over. you yourself said so, remember? purity remembered. it was she who gave rume that phrase some months back when their relationship had just started and rume had to break off his relationship with his old flame, blessing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Synw's Young Female Writer Of The Month (january 2020) / The Cheapest Way Of Shipping Goods From The UK & USA To Nigeria 2020 / Part Two Episode 001 Of Generational Influencers League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.