Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,169 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? (1022 Views)

Should I Leave University For College Of Nursing / Should I Leave My Phd Study Here In Nigeria And Go For Another Meng In The UK? / Do You Say "Its High Time I Leave/left" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by dplordx(m): 12:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
2019 was almost a breaking point in my life. I survived a robbery, accident and bad bank loan. Business is so unstable but I am trying to have faith things will get better. I was lucky to get an opportunity to travel to the US for one month to pick an award some little funding for my business. While in the US, I realized it was quite unfortunate to be a Nigerian. I was driven to four states and the Eastern part of the states and just realized Nigeria problem is far beyond leadership, and that Nigeria will NEVER become developed.
Now the advice I need is, I own a school which has been struggling for years, but it seems with this award and funding there seems to be hope. Now the issue is, while in the US I was privy to some information and I have processed an admission to a university I visited during the cultural exchange program I attended. At this moment, I have just gotten my admission letter for full scholarship for a masters program.
So should I go to the US and leave the business I’ve suffered to build since 2014 to someone I don’t know?
My scholarship comes with monthly stipends of $1050 and my business makes over 10 million yearly although everything goes back into upgrading and expanding the business. I am currently at a dilemma and could use some real advice. Should I go to a country where I found so much peace and joy or should I stay put in Nigeria where nothing works?

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by dplordx(m): 12:31pm On Dec 30, 2019
Please advice needed
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by Authortee: 12:33pm On Dec 30, 2019
I seriously think you should pray about this. Five years to build a business is not moimoi. Leaving it for someone you don’t know is like working so hard over the years for someone else to come and reap.
And who doesn’t want to go to America? lol
Seriously, just pray

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 30, 2019
You got a Scholarship so you must go back to school, as for your business what you need his a competent person to manage it for you. Just ensure you put the right structure in place. Except you know you don't plan coming back, then you can sell off .... My candid advice.

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by lionness(f): 12:37pm On Dec 30, 2019
Dangote ,and Otedola didn’t make it without honest hardwork. They met money at home and they used Nigerians money to build their empire. Don’t be deceived into all that nonsense about making things work in Nigeria. Nigeria is rubbish,, better get out and sell that business and go and live a happy decent life,

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by imiski(m): 12:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
Find a mature staff that can handle in your absence and run out of here!!! Thats why I always advice that executives learn to use indirect rule. That way things work even when you are not there

1 Like

Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by lionness(f): 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2019
imiski:
Find a mature staff that can handle in your absence and run out of here!!! Thats why I always advice that executives learn to use indirect rule. That way things work even when you are not there

Are you sure leaving his business to some Nigerians isn’t suicide mission?
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by imiski(m): 2:49pm On Dec 30, 2019
lionness:

Are you sure leaving his business to some Nigerians isn’t suicide mission?
depends on who he is leaving it for. Thats why I mentioned indirect rule: find someone that is loyal and you can trust, clone the person to your image, let the other staff report to you through your clone. When your not around, everything works perfectly.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by StrikeBack(m): 5:01pm On Dec 30, 2019
Find a COMPETENT close relation to run the school

Find your way outta this jungle while you still can
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by Tumbulum: 5:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
You are making 10million yearly and you want to leave to another mans land? My dear don't you know you are among the richest people in this country? Please stay here and build your life.
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by Adejoncy01(m): 6:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
I know someone that could help you run the school efficiently, I can bet my life on that.
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by Nickisindigo(m): 9:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
I think I should start a management company in 2020
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by Dvd4: 7:40am On Jan 02, 2020
dplordx:
2019 was almost a breaking point in my life. I survived a robbery, accident and bad bank loan. Business is so unstable but I am trying to have faith things will get better. I was lucky to get an opportunity to travel to the US for one month to pick an award some little funding for my business. While in the US, I realized it was quite unfortunate to be a Nigerian. I was driven to four states and the Eastern part of the states and just realized Nigeria problem is far beyond leadership, and that Nigeria will NEVER become developed.
Now the advice I need is, I own a school which has been struggling for years, but it seems with this award and funding there seems to be hope. Now the issue is, while in the US I was privy to some information and I have processed an admission to a university I visited during the cultural exchange program I attended. At this moment, I have just gotten my admission letter for full scholarship for a masters program.
So should I go to the US and leave the business I’ve suffered to build since 2014 to someone I don’t know?
My scholarship comes with monthly stipends of $1050 and my business makes over 10 million yearly although everything goes back into upgrading and expanding the business. I am currently at a dilemma and could use some real advice. Should I go to a country where I found so much peace and joy or should I stay put in Nigeria where nothing works?
Don't leave that business so soon.
Why don't you do that masters here or Ghana?
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by dplordx(m): 6:11pm On May 05, 2020
FP things now
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by JavaScript90: 4:21pm On May 16, 2022
This thread should have made front page
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by egojeny1(f): 6:12pm On May 16, 2022
Chai, since 2019, it's alright

Bw, op how far
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by Ajibade123(m): 9:29pm On May 16, 2022
dplordx:
what was your decision eventually??
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by Damolux01(m): 10:14am On May 17, 2022
dplordx:
I'm in your shoes now. Kindly assist me with your decision. Let me learn please.
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by Damolux01(m): 10:20am On May 17, 2022
imiski:
depends on who he is leaving it for. Thats why I mentioned indirect rule: find someone that is loyal and you can trust, clone the person to your image, let the other staff report to you through your clone. When your not around, everything works perfectly.
doesn't always work. I tried this, the person eventually became a rival and competed with me till he eventually left.
Re: Should I Leave My Business And Nigeria? by Damolux01(m): 10:22am On May 17, 2022
StrikeBack:
Find a COMPETENT close relation to run the school

Find your way outta this jungle while you still can
This too could be very disastrous at times.

(1) (Reply)

2020/2021 Unilag Postgraduate Master Registration Form Guideline(how To Apply) / The Names Of Places And Tribes And Their Meaning In Ancient Egyptian Language / Verification Of IJMB With WES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.