Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,438 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? (13529 Views)

2022: A Year To Be Extra Careful / 11 New Year Resolutions Most Nigerians Will Never Keep In 2019 / 5 New Year Resolutions You Can Easily Keep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Deejaygold(m): 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
Ok
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by osazsky(m): 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
Will u start from 80% or 1% to 100%
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by StrikeBack(m): 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2019
Tina26:
Humans love to deceive themselves
Quote of the day.

Come make I buy winery for you
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by bindukwe(m): 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
DigitalLogic:
every right thinking human aiming for greatness and all round perfection is expected to set goals(financial, emotional, physical, etc)

Goals without time attached to its attainment can take forever to achieve. Hence, the need to assess these plans annually.

this, unarguably is a worthy explanation for the birth of 'new year resolutions'

You only explained "why" time is important to goal setting not "why" it should be set on the first day of the year.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 30, 2019
My resolution started the day I came out from depression and I said I'm not visiting there anymore. I don't see anything bad with a new year resolutions it gives us the chance to do better than before. Time and seasons has a great impact on our lives and future. So, planning is the key factor. Your new year resolutions can be... I want to learn more skills on how to be financially free. For me i just want to chases one thing until I can see the result. Before moving to a new one. I'm tired of chasing after shadows and being caught up in the rat race of life. Mode of action is calmness and let our success do the noise making.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by blueivy8: 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2019
grin what a funny dude
donbachi:
For the past 7yrs,my younger brother be like"New year new me"...and he gets worse yearly.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Houstonmon: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
Because there is this weird belief that whatsoever decisions or activities one takes or get involved in at the beginning of the calendar year, will remain so till the end of the year.

But, as we all have noted, there is absolutely nothing like that. cheesy

Take a decision at anytime and stand by it, that's all.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Savagethe21st(m): 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
Lol its obvious a new year brings a kind of refreshment that makes us feel we can change our ways over night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W90ebtj21t4 Hello guys i'm a producer in my teens from lagos NIGERIA chasing my dreams.It would be a huge blessing if someone checked out my beats and subscribe to channel. Comment what you think or corrections.Thanks and Godbless.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by DigitalLogic: 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
bindukwe:

You only explained "why" time is important to goal setting not "why" it should be set on the first day of the year.

I'm not rooting for plans to be set on the first day of the year. New year resolution is like National Budget 2020. it's a must if there must be progress notwithstanding when such inventory is being collated. I hope you understand the bigger picture now.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by NELLY1990: 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2019
It’s simply laziness. But I do pray for new promotions sha.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by aspirebig: 10:23pm On Dec 30, 2019
Audio resolutions.

They break it before one week elapse.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by alsudaes1(m): 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
donbachi:
For the past 7yrs,my younger brother be like"New year new me"...and he gets worse yearly.

He's actually right though smiley
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Revolva(m): 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Why do people have to wait till January 1st to make 'New Year resolutions?

How is January 1st different from April 4, June 12 or September 15?

Visit this and see reasons why you should not makes resolutions instead do these

https://www.nairaland.com/5602435/dont-make-new-years-resolutions

Oya year 2020
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by adecz: 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2019
Because its a new beginning, a
fresh page..
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by themaestro08(m): 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
Because its a fresh start, more like a breadth of fresh air.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
donbachi:
That your brother must be a stubborn child cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
I no longer believe that shït anymore, nowadays, I take decision(s) and I stand by it.. Dazzol
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Beetwaise(m): 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
vickydankal:
Most of our 31th night / 1st January resolutions were done with mostly emotions lacking determination enough to backed it up. Resolutions are not what you plan a night, just like habits it takes time to build. A night is not enough. Come to God with your expectations and desires. The speed we make our resolutions is almost same speed we break them. If we plan resolutions from November, it will be easier to keep.

Enjoy God's grace

Nne, you just underlined the truth, especially the bolded part.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by bindukwe(m): 11:07pm On Dec 30, 2019
DigitalLogic:

I'm not rooting for plans to be set on the first day of the year. New year resolution is like National Budget 2020. it's a must if there must be progress notwithstanding when such inventory is being collated. I hope you understand the bigger picture now.

Its not a "must" for progress.

There are other paths to progress, this is just one way.

People indulge in new year plans because they believe the new year is a new start.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by ksam(m): 11:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
*Another New Year Resolution Nonsense, that won't work before January ends, bla bla bla...*

If you are among those that are quick to castigate New Year Resolution, keep it to yourself biko, and don't discourage those that want positive change and plans for themselves, it is better to try and fail than not to try at all..

Set Goals and work towards achieving it..
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 30, 2019
donbachi:

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by emmadejust(m): 11:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
Whatever your mimd is configured to is what's its believe

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by VAQAXY: 11:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
Ok
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by NwaliE01: 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
The reason is because resolutions starts in January.
January is the start of the year and the beginning of the year has it's driving spirits as the year progress.
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Inhabitable1(m): 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2019
Me just dey view 2020 like dis...

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by millionboi2: 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
donbachi:
u are very funny
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Alashoalash10: 11:46pm On Dec 30, 2019
hisexcellency34:

Just our Africa religious sentiment
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Forward77(m): 11:55pm On Dec 30, 2019
hisexcellency34:

The answer is because you don’t mind your business.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Liposure: 12:04am On Dec 31, 2019
New year resolutions are made by people who are not serious
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by saasala(m): 12:27am On Dec 31, 2019
donbachi:

Same with my younger bro. He has ruined his life with Bet9ja

Some Younger brothers are pain the arss
Re: Why Do People Wait Till January Of Every Year To Make Resolutions? by Dawdy(m): 12:29am On Dec 31, 2019
They lack understanding.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture of the Man that Changed His Face To A Dog Face Through Surgery / Baby Kidnapped From Labour Room In Abia / What Does "Boxing Day" Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.