Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

I Need Your Advice On How To Start And Run A Successful Bookshop - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Your Advice On How To Start And Run A Successful Bookshop (585 Views)

How To Start And Run A Successful Hair Salon Business In Nigeria {simple Guide} / Top 17 Ways On How To Start And Run A Successful Bar Business In Nigeria / How To Start A Bookshop Business In Nigeria And Earn Handsomely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice On How To Start And Run A Successful Bookshop by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
Good day. Please I need tips and concrete ways to start and operate a lucrative bookshop business. Thank you
Re: I Need Your Advice On How To Start And Run A Successful Bookshop by dawnomike(m): 10:32pm On Dec 30, 2019
You need to understudy one to fully comprehend the business
Re: I Need Your Advice On How To Start And Run A Successful Bookshop by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:37am On Dec 31, 2019
dawnomike:
You need to understudy one to fully comprehend the business
Most people won't tell you.
I need info and contacts on where to buy some of these books at affordable rates
Re: I Need Your Advice On How To Start And Run A Successful Bookshop by naijacutee(f): 8:09am On Dec 31, 2019
A few questions:

Do you want to sell books or are you wanting to provide users with an experience?

If you just want to sell books, I think you should save your capital and don't get a shop. List your books on Konga.com and instead partner with same day logistics partners who will be able to deliver your books to your customers. The number of potential customers who will find you because they are looking for certain books online will far outnumber those who just happen to be walkijg by in front of your store.

If you want to provide an experience or a peivate library, them you can invest in a place. Perhaps, a sound-proof, air-conditioned space (or container) where people know they can come and come and read in peace without disturbance. With this model, you can just charge people a monthly membership of something like N2,000 - N3,000 and advertise your space.

The thing is that this sort of space could work anywhere - including a pre fab container.

Re: I Need Your Advice On How To Start And Run A Successful Bookshop by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:22am On Dec 31, 2019
naijacutee:
A few questions:

Do you want to sell books or are you wanting to provide users with an experience?

If you just want to sell books, I think you should save your capital and don't get a shop. List your books on Konga.com and instead partner with same day logistics partners who will be able to deliver your books to your customers. The number of potential customers who will find you because they are looking for certain books online will far outnumber those who just happen to be walkijg by in front of your store.

If you want to provide an experience or a peivate library, them you can invest in a place. Perhaps, a sound-proof, air-conditioned space (or container) where people know they can come and come and read in peace without disturbance. With this model, you can just charge people a monthly membership of something like N2,000 - N3,000 and advertise your space.

The thing is that this sort of space could work anywhere - including a pre fab container.

My target market is mainly school's and individuals. My main concern now is sources where I can get the books in bulk at very good rates

(1) (Reply)

2020 Business Plan Promo Is On.....sachet Water Business Plan And More / Content Writers & Editor Can Join Us At #1.5 rate Per Word / Three Factors Suppressing Businesses In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.