Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist (513 Views)

Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist PART 2 / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by TellTheTruth: 2:49am On Dec 31, 2019
This write up is in response to an earlier publication here on Nairaland titled "4 REASONS I'M CONSIDERING BEING AN ATHEIST" https://www.nairaland.com/5603870/4-reasons-im-considering-becoming

In the above thread the author raised 8 questions about the Christian faith in God almighty which he/she summed in 4 paragraphs. By the grace of God the Father of our LORD Jesus Christ I will give answers to these matters that have troubled the author (a Christian likely to lose his faith if no man reveals the LORD to him).

It will be detailed, therefore, have patience as you read.

For the sake of those who doesn't have the patience of reading long thread, I have divided this response into 4 PARTS according to the 4 paragraphs wherein the questions where contained.

WELCOME TO PART 1

Before I start, I want to make something clear to you. THE WORD OF GOD (SCRIPTURES) IS VEILED AND NOT OPEN FOR EVERYONE TO UNDERSTAND (2Corinthians 4:3-4; 3:14), IT IS ONLY WHEN ANYONE TURNS TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST (TRUE REPENTANCE) THAT THE WORD IS UNVEILED (2 Corinthians 3:16). Therefore, do not struggle in the flesh (without repentance) to understand the Word of God, you will only end up knowing the letters (which on its own kills: 2Corinthians 3:6, John 5:38-40). It is only the LORD Holy Spirit who "teaches and reveals" the Word of God to us (John 14:26). The Holy Spirit is not given to you until you genuinely repent.

QUESTION 1

Christians believe JESUS CHRIST is the ONLY WAY TO GOD (John 14:6). If Jesus is the only way to God what happens to those (Muslims, Hindus, Buddhas, Atheist, etc) who doesn't believe in God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ?

ANSWER:

Have you ever wondered why our Lord Jesus Christ has not returned to earth since He ascended unto heaven after resurrection?

It is because the number of the saints (believers) is not yet complete (Revelation 6:9-11). These fellow servants of God are those still here on earth preaching the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ (as I am doing to you now).

The bible makes it clear that the gospel of our LORD must be preached to every man in all the nations before the LORD returns (Mathew 24:14; Mark 3:10). These saints still on earth are the once to preach this gospel to the end of the earths (Romans 10:18), so that the gospel will be a witness to every man on the day of judgement (John 12:47-48) then Christ our Lord will come. Those who died without hearing the word will perish without the word, those who heard the word but turned deaf ear will be judged by the word unto condemnation (John 12:47-48) but those who believe (doers) shall be justified (Romans 2:12-13).

Now, it is clear to you that God has the Muslims, Hindus, Buddhist, etc in His plan of the gospel.

Let me make known to you a bit in God's plan for the gospel to all men. In Joel 2:28-29 the LORD said: ...IN THE LAST DAYS I WILL POUR MY SPIRIT UPON ALL FLESH... Take note of the word "ALL FLESH", here God is not referring to a particular tribe, or race but all alive (living) who turns to Him in true repentance (through THE LIVING WORD), them He will pour out His Spirit upon irrespective of their former religion, beliefs or sins committed.

Therefore, if any Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist etc turns to the LORD God Almighty today through my LORD Jesus Christ the person will immediately receive the Spirit of the LORD (Holy Spirit).

You must also understand that God is not a respecter of men (Romans 2:11) or their opinions, if God (surely He has) made our Lord Jesus Christ the only door to lead His sheeps to Him (John 10:1-7*), He will at no point in time turn His mind (James 1:17) for He is not like man that changes (Numbers 23:19).

More about other religion, let me further shock you.

Did you know that in Islam, A Muslim has no way of knowing whether he or she will be accepted by Allah until the day of judgment.

Muhammad himself said he did not know what would happen to him on the day of judgment (Quran Chapter 46 verse 9).

An acknowledged Hadith tells about Muhammad going to visit a house where the body of a Muslim who had died still lay. A woman addressed the dead body, saying:

“May Allah have mercy on you. I testify that Allah has honoured you. Muhammad asked the woman, “How do you know that Allah has honoured this man? “I know, by Allah,” she said. Muhammad replied, “This man, death struck him and I wish him the best in the name of Allah. By Allah, although I am the Messenger of Allah, I know not what will happen to me, just like you.” (The Authentic of Bukhari, vol.9, book 87, no. 145. Narrated by Kharija bin Zaid bin Thabit).

The faithful disciple of Mohammad, Abu Bakr, also confessed that he feared the judgment of Allah. He said, “If one of my feet was in heaven, and the other outside, I would still would not trust the ingenuity of Allah.”

What Abu Bakr meant was that his eternal future was mysterious until both his two feet were in Paradise. Abu Bakr was nicknamed “the weeping” because he was continually crying while praying. When asked why, he replied:

“Every time I begin to pray, I imagine Allah standing before me and the king of death behind me, paradise on my right and hell on my left, and I do not know what my God will do to me".

It should be noted that five times a day in their prayers all Muslims pray, “Peace and salvation be upon Muhammad.” They pray that God will grant the entrance to heaven. A man can only give what he has. If the leader of Islam himself does not know where he is going, what about his disciples?

According to Ibn Mas’ud, the Prophet said: “The people most worthy of my intercession on the Day of Resurrection will be the ones who have prayed most for me.” (Narrated by At-Tirmidhi)

On the other hand, Christians do not need to pray, “Peace and salvation be upon Him,” about Jesus. Why? Because He is the Lord of all. He is the Prince of Peace ( Isaiah 9: 6 ), the giver of peace ( John 14:27 , Colossians 1:20 ), “For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2:9), He (Jesus) holds the key of death and hell (Revelation 1:18).

Christ is our “peace” ( Ephesians 2:14 ) and He gives us true spiritual peace. The Christian knows that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:cool

You can also read John chapter 5 here, but this is a saying of Jesus:

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.” John 5:24

As He was dying on the Cross, Jesus had no doubt where He was going, and a thief next to Him turned in repentance and faith to trust Him. The Lord Jesus Christ said these words to that thief:

“Truly, truly I say to you, today you shall be with me in Paradise.”

Jesus had no doubt whatever where He would go the moment He died, and He reassured the dying thief that they would meet there that very day.

Today and even tomorrow (except He comes now), our Lord Jesus Christ is seated at the right hand of God, far above all powers and dominion (Ephesians 1:20-21).

QUESTION 2:

Does the Bible contradict itself?

Watch out for PART 2 SHORTLY.
Re: Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Mailthaddeus(m): 4:27am On Dec 31, 2019
This is the perfect truth bro. The fact remains no amount of hypocrisy or shading can ever cover the truth. I wonder how difficult this is for people to understand. Their argument have always been God has no son, but have failed to really understand the context in which Jesus referred To God as His Father.
Re: Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by paxonel(m): 5:17am On Dec 31, 2019
Here are the facts about believing in God:
1. The bible is open for everyone to understand. Only that the book is very complex and it takes extra thinking or reasoning(meditation) to understand.
2. It is very possible to read any book and at the end you don't have a cognitive understanding of the book contexts
3. Even when you have understood bible it is now at your discretion to decide to believe what is in the bible that you have understood.
4. It is very possible to believe what the bible teaches even when you don't understand the book(I guess this is what atheists hate about Christians)
5. The easiest way to believe in God is to born into a religion home: If you were born into a Christian family there are greater chance that you will grow up to be a Christian.
6. Because someone cannot understand the bible does not mean that everyone does not understand it .
7. When you understand religion books: For instance understanding the bible by reading all the books in it from Genesis to Revelation and draw a conclusion, that is the only way you will have accurate and satisfactory answers as to whether God exist or not .
8. If you are yet to read the bible on your own, you cannot categorically argue that God do not exist.

So, atheists have a very long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by beresponsible(m): 5:48am On Dec 31, 2019
Dispute the existence of God at your peril. You came alone and will be judged alone. No social media intercessor to help you
Re: Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by helinues: 6:52am On Dec 31, 2019
It is almost a decade I started making use of my brains myself without waiting for one fairy tales back up
Re: Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by paxonel(m): 10:38am On Dec 31, 2019
Yes
Re: Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by StrikeBack(m): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2019
LOL.

One thing I can deduce from Africans is; we find it difficult to stand on our own or task our brains, instead we use religion to explain our deficiencies
Re: Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 31, 2019
Thank God, I have been expecting this, people have been beclouded by sentiment, they prefer to base their "religious perceptions" on people than base their CHRISTianity on CHRIST the truth, the way and the light, they don't read their Bible or blinded by self. They read a portion of the Bible without reading the preceding and after verses of the scripture, people love the lie and detest the truth.
Re: Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Hermes019: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2019
Op what about those who lived and died without hearing the gospel,where are they going to
Heaven or hell ?
Re: Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by TellTheTruth: 12:15pm On Dec 31, 2019
Hermes019:
Op what about those who lived and died without hearing the gospel,where are they going to
Heaven or hell ?

Did you not read this part where I said:

"Those who died without hearing the word will perish without the word, those who heard the word but turned deaf ear will be judged by the word unto condemnation (John 12:47-48) but those who believe (doers) shall be justified (Romans 2:12-13)".

Read the Bible chapters and verses I quoted so you can believe!
Re: Re: Here Are 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist by Hermes019: 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2019
TellTheTruth:

Did you not read this part where I said:

"Those who died without hearing the word will perish without the word, those who heard the word but turned deaf ear will be judged by the word unto condemnation (John 12:47-48) but those who believe (doers) shall be justified (Romans 2:12-13)".

Read the Bible chapters and verses I quoted so you can believe!

so that means they would go to hell ?

(1) (Reply)

Verse Flow Discrepancy In Zechariah Chapter 4 (Good News Bible) / Oyakhilome Knocks Pastors For Closing Churches Over Coronavirus / Organized Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.