Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC (29452 Views)

Peoples' Gazette Suspends Ayoola Babalola Who Posted Peter Obi & Oyedepo Call / Sowore: Tinubu, Osinbajo, Obi’s 2023 Ambitions Dead On Arrival / DSS Arrests Ayoola Babalola Over Anti-Buhari Articles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
etrange:

To avoid running in circles, let me lead with a question that will help me understand.

If I get you clearly, you believe fact is important in journalism and at the same time, opinions and partisanship should be embraced? And there's no need for tact while presenting one's view?

Note: Can you just let the abroad thing be? I'm struggling to understand why that part irks.
Don't complicate things. Facts are sacred. Opinions and partisanship can be based on facts. What journalism forbids is twisting facts to push an opinion or agenda. As long as facts support your agenda, no problem expressing it. For example, I can express an opinion that buhari runs a profligate government based on the fact that 37bn is earmarked for nass renovation. Another might come and say he has done better because the previous govt earmarked 47bn. Both are facts though the opinion differ. I hope you get it now. The crime will be to say I should employ tact and say buhari govt has too many projects it's executing when it's not my honest opinion. That will be a betrayal of the essence of free speech in democracy.
On another note, I'm concerned that a lot of youths nowadays who are govt supporters do not even realise what democracy is about anymore. They just don't want to hear anything bad about the govt they support. It's a dangerous thing and we might unwittingly be making mockery of those who sacrificed everything to get us democracy.
The youths need to choose this nation above any individual or govt. That's the only way our future can be assured.

P.S: Why will I be irked that you're abroad. I'm irked rather, that you've not imbibed the ideals of a society you consider better to migrate to than where you left. It's honestly disappointing

1 Like

Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by etrange: 10:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

Don't complicate things. Facts are sacred. Opinions and partisanship can be based on facts. What journalism forbids is twisting facts to push an opinion or agenda. As long as facts support your agenda, no problem expressing it. For example, I can express an opinion that buhari runs a profligate government based on the fact that 37bn is earmarked for nass renovation. Another might come and say he has done better because the previous govt earmarked 47bn. Both are facts though the opinion differ. I hope you get it now. The crime will be to say I should employ tact and say buhari govt has too many projects it's executing when it's not my honest opinion. That will be a betrayal of the essence of free speech in democracy.
On another note, I'm concerned that a lot of youths nowadays who are govt supporters do not even realise what democracy is about anymore. They just don't want to hear anything bad about the govt they support. It's a dangerous thing and we might unwittingly be making mockery of those who sacrificed everything to get us democracy.
The youths need to choose this nation above any individual or govt. That's the only way our future can be assured.

P.S: Why will I be irked that you're abroad. I'm irked rather, that you've not imbibed the ideals of a society you consider better to migrate to than where you left. It's honestly disappointing

I share your opinion about the youths so I'll simply nod in affirmation to that and move on. (I actually hope you weren't referring to me cause I really don't know who is in APC or PDP neither do I subscribe to the leadership style of the current administration)

From your writeup, I fear you misconstrue tact to be lie. Your examples above (both for and against Buhari) galvanised opinion with empirical facts. Now that's exactly the tact in question. The last one is actually the tactless one (contrary to your intended purpose) "Buhari does not believe in Nigeria" is different from "President Buhari's loopsided appointments indicates he does not believe in Nigeria". Though the two statements are saying the same thing, one is far more tactful than the other. This has been my point. A supported claim. One which has a premise. Such that you'll be seen to be discussing the premise and not just sentiments. I don't know how else to say it.

I'm not going to comment on the abroad thing any further.
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by Dtribeless: 10:26pm On Dec 31, 2019
etrange:
I want Tinubu to be investigated. I am not a good fan of PMB. However, one would need to read the contents to know if the arrest is justified or not. Some of the titles up there are not any bit tactful. That's not journalism but partisanship.

Journalism is not about publicising your opinion on papers that are supposedly meant to be neutral. However, a good writer can always express his opinion either by tactfully presenting it as a reflection of other people's take or galvanizing it with empirical information such that his message would be received without creating room for any harassment.

"President Buhari does not believe in Nigeria" is a terrible title that appears far more opinionated than factual; this is regardless of how true it may be. A better title would have been "Presidents Buhari's loopsided appointments cast a shadow of doubt on his one-Nigeria mantra". Here, the number of Northerners heading different MDAs could serve as the backing empirical evidence. Besides, this title comes off as an expression of doubt and not a statement of fact thus protecting the writer. Another better title would be "President Buhari does not believe in Nigeria - Internet users". Here the writer would be presenting his case as an opinion of others and could easily fetch numerous online posts to back it up if push comes to shove.

Journalism requires tact and mind games. The students may not have these skills yet but the supervising lecturer whom I suppose is from the department of Mass Communication should have known better.

Poor guys...

You're talking nonsense. With reasoning like yours, the continent will forever remain a Shithole. What? One can't have a negative opinion. African like to think their culture is great compared to others; however, they should also note the culture has kept them behind.
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by etrange: 10:29pm On Dec 31, 2019
Dtribeless:

You're talking nonsense. With reasoning like yours, the continent will forever remain a Shithole. What? One can't have a negative opinion. African like to think their culture is great compared to others; however, they should also note the culture has kept them behind.

From your first line, it's clear I can't have a decent discussion with you.

Happy new year
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
etrange:

I share your opinion about the youths so I'll simply nod in affirmation to that and move on. (I actually hope you weren't referring to me cause I really don't know who is in APC or PDP neither do I subscribe to the leadership style of the current administration)

From your writeup, I fear you misconstrue tact to be lie. Your examples above (both for and against Buhari) galvanised opinion with empirical facts. Now that's exactly the tact in question. The last one is actually the tactless one (contrary to your intended purpose) "Buhari does not believe in Nigeria" is different from "President Buhari's loopsided appointments indicates he does not believe in Nigeria". Though the two statements are saying the same thing, one is far more tactful than the other. This has been my point. A supported claim. One which has a premise. Such that you'll be seen to be discussing the premise and not just sentiments. I don't know how else to say it.

I'm not going to comment on the abroad thing any further.
On ur application of tact, the question is tact for who? To not offend government or to make the headline appealing to the intended audience. You've been advocating tact as a means "to stay out of govt trouble". That is inherently wrong. If you can't get dat still then I don't think i can help you further. If you say tact to make it look more balanced and appeal to a wider audience no qualms. But tact so as not to bruise government ego? Abeg
You don't seem to get the three headlines. Let me make then clearer
1. Buhari's profligate government
2. Buhari's cost saving government
3. Buhari's overburdened government.
Hope you can get the gist now. Your tact will suggest I use 3 instead of 1? Wrong!!
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by Dtribeless: 11:01pm On Dec 31, 2019
etrange:

From your first line, it's clear I can't have a decent discussion with you.

Happy new year

I cannot have a decent conversation someone who thinks one cannot have an offensive opinion. As I'm sure you noticed, I have an offensive opinion of you. BTW, I did not want a conversation with you; I just wanted to spot a clown. You guys want Nigeria to develop but don't understand the basics. Freedom of speech (fair or unfair) is a key ingredient. Societies without it are struggling, even advanced ones like Russia.
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by etrange: 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2019
Agboriotejoye:

On ur application of tact, the question is tact for who? To not offend government or to make the headline appealing to the intended audience. You've been advocating tact as a means "to stay out of govt trouble". That is inherently wrong. If you can't get dat still then I don't think i can help you further. If you say tact to make it look more balanced and appeal to a wider audience no qualms. But tact so as not to bruise government ego? Abeg
You don't seem to get the three headlines. Let me make then clearer
1. Buhari's profligate government
2. Buhari's cost saving government
3. Buhari's overburdened government.
Hope you can get the gist now. Your tact will suggest I use 3 instead of 1? Wrong!!

Tact is a multipurpose skill. You apply tact when you write about sensitive topics like ethnicity, religion etc. You also apply tact when it's clear there are sharks in the water waiting for you to slip. That the sharks shouldn't be there in the first place is yet another discussion but provided you know they are there, it will foolish to play into their hands by using the wrong choice of words (one they can be twisted to have case gainst you in the court of Law). If you say you only need tact to appeal to your intended audience, remember that the government you're criticising has a strong followership which constitutes part of the audience you intend to enlighten.

In your examples above, non is actually wrong or right. It's a matter of which one is fact.
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by Truthbites: 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2019
Is that the lecturer there? Or na meme. Buhari took this country 100,000 years.
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:46am On Jan 01, 2020
etrange:

Tact is a multipurpose skill. You apply tact when you write about sensitive topics like ethnicity, religion etc. You also apply tact when it's clear there are sharks in the water waiting for you to slip. That the sharks shouldn't be there in the first place is yet another discussion but provided you know they are there, it will foolish to play into their hands by using the wrong choice of words (one they can be twisted to have case gainst you in the court of Law). If you say you only need tact to appeal to your intended audience, remember that the government you're criticising has a strong followership which constitutes part of the audience you intend to enlighten.

In your examples above, non is actually wrong or right. It's a matter of which one is fact.
The three are the same facts expressed in different opinions based on the bias of the writer. It's a case of a glass being half full, or half empty, or just containing water.
I think I'll stop here.
But think about it. Homer said the earth was flat. It was accepted as fact. Along came Pythagoras and he said the earth was round. It was also accepted. Philosophy of the earth was the beginning of scientific discoveries which led to the world we have today. A society that stifles freedom of speech is a society that is not open to new ideas and the development it brings. If we all for fear of offending government or its supporters choose to lie same direction, then we're doomed and have absolutely no chance of progress. As a matter of fact, if the previous govt allowed such, the change that occurred in 2015 will not have been possible. Freedom of speech is not a privilege, it's a right. If we don't defend and enforce that right, we would be no better than savages.
Good night and happy new year
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by etrange: 9:49am On Jan 01, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

The three are the same facts expressed in different opinions based on the bias of the writer. It's a case of a glass being half full, or half empty, or just containing water.
I think I'll stop here.
But think about it. Homer said the earth was flat. It was accepted as fact. Along came Pythagoras and he said the earth was round. It was also accepted. Philosophy of the earth was the beginning of scientific discoveries which led to the world we have today. A society that stifles freedom of speech is a society that is not open to new ideas and the development it brings. If we all for fear of offending government or its supporters choose to lie same direction, then we're doomed and have absolutely no chance of progress. As a matter of fact, if the previous govt allowed such, the change that occurred in 2015 will not have been possible. Freedom of speech is not a privilege, it's a right. If we don't defend and enforce that right, we would be no better than savages.
Good night and happy new year

You keep saying "choose to lie" and that seems like a deliberate aim to water down or completely undermine my argument. Nobody is advocating for lies. We are in a period where people passionately hold on to their beliefs. The legal system works in such a way that the truth alone can't win a case without a good evidence. And you think it's not necessary to pen down articles in a manner that makes it difficult to use them against you in the court of law? Writing articles is similar to drafting a contract, regardless of how honest you are, there are people against you and they would gladly search for loopholes; it's on you not to give it to them.

Your freedom ends where another person's right starts. If while expressing your freedom of speech, you encroach into another's rights (or it could be argued that you did so), you'll have yourself to blame. And to ensure you don't get into that, you'll need to pick your words strategically (so as to be prepared for any such argument). How you say things is as important as what you say. When you speak tactfully, it becomes difficult for your enemies to use your words against you.

Happy New Year!!!
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by ivandragon: 5:49am On Jan 02, 2020
etrange:

You keep saying "choose to lie" and that seems like a deliberate aim to water down or completely undermine my argument. Nobody is advocating for lies. We are in a period where people passionately hold on to their beliefs. The legal system works in such a way that the truth alone can't win a case without a good evidence. And you think it's not necessary to pen down articles in a manner that makes it difficult to use them against you in the court of law? Writing articles is similar to drafting a contract, regardless of how honest you are, there are people against you and they would gladly search for loopholes; it's on you not to give it to them.

Your freedom ends where another person's right starts. If while expressing your freedom of speech, you encroach into another's rights (or it could be argued that you did so), you'll have yourself to blame. And to ensure you don't get into that, you'll need to pick your words strategically (so as to be prepared for any such argument). How you say things is as important as what you say. When you speak tactfully, it becomes difficult for your enemies to use your words against you.

Happy New Year!!!

The only part you are absolutely right in all your debate so far is that there is need to read the full articles.

That said, if the articles are offensive is anyway, there are legal avenues to challenge or address the issue & not the DSS inviting the writer.

If security agencies must be involved, then it should be the police.

On the issue of tact, all news outlets use sensational headlines. The previous administration was lampooned by almost all private media outlets...

https://ayosogunro.com/2014/12/25/the-worst-10-of-goodluck-jonathans-2014-a-review-by-ayo-sogunro/

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://omojuwa.com/2014/11/the-making-of-a-tyrant-president-goodluck-jonathan/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjsmvSCjeTmAhUCwFkKHdw8BwYQFjACegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2nPV-_ltLCmmg0MqlzEB5i

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.pri.org/stories/2012-06-01/goodluck-jonathans-bad-luck-presidency&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj9lqOsjeTmAhUL0FkKHa12DhQQFjACegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw1ewoCeAc0ljQGa3sqzyZyp

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.cnn.com/2014/06/27/opinion/the-trouble-with-nigeria/index.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj9lqOsjeTmAhUL0FkKHa12DhQQFjAJegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1U--vAvNMLoZ6dgIPLwjld

The above links are all critical pieces with sensational headlines about the previous administration & I doubt the security services invited any of them.

Like the other commenter said, the key issues are fact & fairness. Tact is only necessary when speaking to dictators which is exactly why the invitation of the young journalist by the DSS is worrisome.

1 Like

Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by etrange: 9:30am On Jan 02, 2020
ivandragon:

The only part you are absolutely right in all your debate so far is that there is need to read the full articles.

That said, if the articles are offensive is anyway, there are legal avenues to challenge or address the issue & not the DSS inviting the writer.

If security agencies must be involved, then it should be the police.

On the issue of tact, all news outlets use sensational headlines. The previous administration was lampooned by almost all private media outlets...

https://ayosogunro.com/2014/12/25/the-worst-10-of-goodluck-jonathans-2014-a-review-by-ayo-sogunro/

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://omojuwa.com/2014/11/the-making-of-a-tyrant-president-goodluck-jonathan/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjsmvSCjeTmAhUCwFkKHdw8BwYQFjACegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw2nPV-_ltLCmmg0MqlzEB5i

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.pri.org/stories/2012-06-01/goodluck-jonathans-bad-luck-presidency&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj9lqOsjeTmAhUL0FkKHa12DhQQFjACegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw1ewoCeAc0ljQGa3sqzyZyp

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.cnn.com/2014/06/27/opinion/the-trouble-with-nigeria/index.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj9lqOsjeTmAhUL0FkKHa12DhQQFjAJegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1U--vAvNMLoZ6dgIPLwjld

The above links are all critical pieces with sensational headlines about the previous administration & I doubt the security services invited any of them.

Like the other commenter said, the key issues are fact & fairness. Tact is only necessary when speaking to dictators which is exactly why the invitation of the young journalist by the DSS is worrisome.

Good morning.

Yes, the content of the article is the key factor here.

Having said, I persist that tact is a natural component of writing regardless of the nature of government or audience. Writing is like public speaking, talking to a gathering of people of different ages, values, tribes, religious backgrounds, political views, schools of thoughts, etc. and the basic aim is to communicate. It's on you, the writer, to know how best to sell your idea. But let me not deviate too much.

On the matter at hand, we do not have a great government; our government today can be likened to tyranny/dictatorship (the sad truth) but to some extent (no matter how little), they are restrained by the Law and the international eyes. This implies that when push comes to shove, they'll still pass through the Law (regardless of how watery it has become) to get the author. With this knowledge, the writer can fully arm himself by writing in a manner such that it will be hard to twist his writeup out of context. This is because while his content might be truthful, the truth does not win a case in the court of Law; strategy does. If the enemy can prove your words are accusatory/defamatory, you'll have a handful to deal with. So why give them this chance? Situations determine strategy, bro. They had an argument against Nnamdi Kanu based on his choice of words. I'm sure Nnamdi Azikiwe was more tactful with the colonial masters.

I need ya'll to understand that I'm not making excuses for the shameless act carried by the DSS and the school authority. It is both embarrassing and unbecoming. But they have done it and we can only talk about it. I am, therefore, only proposing a strategy that writers can adopt to pass their massages across despite the latent tyranny.

Happy New Year.
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by sweetdreams5789: 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
"An unquestioned assertion is as good as a truth"
With deep sense of belonging to one of the best and fastest developing Polytechnics in Ogun state, I hereby write to clarify the false and malicious news that are being spread across the country after a fact finding mission to our great citadel of learning GATEWAY (ICT) POLYTECHNIC SAAPAADE, OGUN STATE.
Sequel to the malicious news being spread across, it is with great displeasure that I condemn the fake news about the Polytechnic and character assassination of the polytechnic Rector DR. I K OYEYINKA after working assiduously for the transformation of the Polytechnic to what it is today.
On this note, I will like to shed more light and debunk the fake news with utmost sincerity to God almighty, humanity and for the sake of posterity with the following facts which can be verified from the School Management and Mass Communication Department of Gateway ICT Polytechnic Saapade.
Firstly, the supervising lecturer of the mentioned campus newspaper MRS. SALAMI O A was not demoted nor sacked by the management of the Polytechnic as published by Sahara Reporters. She was transferred from Mass Communication Department after very woeful performances as Head of the Department and consequently the Public Relation Officer of the Polytechnic.
Secondly, Mr. Babalola an ex student of the Polytechnic solely financed the publications of the paper in question with the resources of Sahara Reporter as means of settling his scores with the management without due approval from the management, also he is known to have unworthy character with so many sins to his name. There is a written undertaking by his father to the School Management at the Directorate of Student Affairs.
Thirdly, the Rector of the Polytechnic DR. I K OYEYINKA was never a member of any political party and at no time had an affiliation with any of the political parties to the extent of uttering the quoted statement either in private or public domain. He has been quoted to have said 'I am not a politician'
The Rector of the Polytechnic DR. I K OYEYINKA is a loving father and leader to the students and staff of the great Polytechnic which has resulted to the positive transformation of the Polytechnic which is acknowledged by all the ex students and the Governor of our dear state, His Excellency Gov. 'Dapo Abiodun(MFR)
Lastly, it is on record that MRS. SALAMI O. A, voluntarily resigned from GATEWAY (ICT) POLYTECHNIC SAAPADE and the Rector has not SACKED any lecturer since he took hold of the mantle of leadership of The GATEWAY (ICT) POLYTECHNIC SAAPADE in 2014.
In conclusion, I urge all stake holders and leaders of thought to make sincere findings concerning the speculated headline as this is pure fake news.
Long live The Gateway (ICT) Polytechnic Saapade
Long live Ogun state
Long live Nigeria........
Best regards

https://gir.org.ng/?p=718&fbclid=IwAR3PPmYUxPYdpxPlcjVxk45NyxfK7P3BV8fb9RT6VQouBJ1B4rGrTa6vcec

https://speakthetruth8.home.blog/?fbclid=IwAR3Ik11Ztf4vmtKZPfR6NJYz7MlZw7RNCs3jObbxwRSj5OXpPHCUCwkFAnU
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by sweetdreams5789: 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
sweetdreams5789:
With deep sense of belonging to one of the best and fastest developing Polytechnics in Ogun state, I hereby write to clarify the false and malicious news that are being spread across the country after a fact finding mission to our great citadel of learning GATEWAY (ICT) POLYTECHNIC SAAPAADE, OGUN STATE.
Sequel to the malicious news being spread across, it is with great displeasure that I condemn the fake news about the Polytechnic and character assassination of the polytechnic Rector DR. I K OYEYINKA after working assiduously for the transformation of the Polytechnic to what it is today.
On this note, I will like to shed more light and debunk the fake news with utmost sincerity to God almighty, humanity and for the sake of posterity with the following facts which can be verified from the School Management and Mass Communication Department of Gateway ICT Polytechnic Saapade.
Firstly, the supervising lecturer of the mentioned campus newspaper MRS. SALAMI O A was not demoted nor sacked by the management of the Polytechnic as published by Sahara Reporters. She was transferred from Mass Communication Department after very woeful performances as Head of the Department and consequently the Public Relation Officer of the Polytechnic.
Secondly, Mr. Babalola an ex student of the Polytechnic solely financed the publications of the paper in question with the resources of Sahara Reporter as means of settling his scores with the management without due approval from the management, also he is known to have unworthy character with so many sins to his name. There is a written undertaking by his father to the School Management at the Directorate of Student Affairs.
Thirdly, the Rector of the Polytechnic DR. I K OYEYINKA was never a member of any political party and at no time had an affiliation with any of the political parties to the extent of uttering the quoted statement either in private or public domain. He has been quoted to have said 'I am not a politician'
The Rector of the Polytechnic DR. I K OYEYINKA is a loving father and leader to the students and staff of the great Polytechnic which has resulted to the positive transformation of the Polytechnic which is acknowledged by all the ex students and the Governor of our dear state, His Excellency Gov. 'Dapo Abiodun(MFR)
Lastly, it is on record that MRS. SALAMI O. A, voluntarily resigned from GATEWAY (ICT) POLYTECHNIC SAAPADE and the Rector has not SACKED any lecturer since he took hold of the mantle of leadership of The GATEWAY (ICT) POLYTECHNIC SAAPADE in 2014.
In conclusion, I urge all stake holders and leaders of thought to make sincere findings concerning the speculated headline as this is pure fake news.
Long live Ogun state
Best regards

https://gir.org.ng/?p=718&fbclid=IwAR3PPmYUxPYdpxPlcjVxk45NyxfK7P3BV8fb9RT6VQouBJ1B4rGrTa6vcec

https://speakthetruth8.home.blog/?fbclid=IwAR3Ik11Ztf4vmtKZPfR6NJYz7MlZw7RNCs3jObbxwRSj5OXpPHCUCwkFAnU

Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by sweetdreams5789: 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
sweetdreams5789:
Long live Ogun state
Best regards

https://speakthetruth8.home.blog/?fbclid=IwAR0LULXRptdyNEsjGUJNhXxk6Aml-KOlJLL9Dt36v1ncncuw4x3TvC_FZ-g
Re: Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC by Dtribeless: 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
etrange:
I want Tinubu to be investigated. I am not a good fan of PMB. However, one would need to read the contents to know if the arrest is justified or not. Some of the titles up there are not any bit tactful. That's not journalism but partisanship.

Journalism is not about publicising your opinion on papers that are supposedly meant to be neutral. However, a good writer can always express his opinion either by tactfully presenting it as a reflection of other people's take or galvanizing it with empirical information such that his message would be received without creating room for any harassment.

"President Buhari does not believe in Nigeria" is a terrible title that appears far more opinionated than factual; this is regardless of how true it may be. A better title would have been "Presidents Buhari's loopsided appointments cast a shadow of doubt on his one-Nigeria mantra". Here, the number of Northerners heading different MDAs could serve as the backing empirical evidence. Besides, this title comes off as an expression of doubt and not a statement of fact thus protecting the writer. Another better title would be "President Buhari does not believe in Nigeria - Internet users". Here the writer would be presenting his case as an opinion of others and could easily fetch numerous online posts to back it up if push comes to shove.

Journalism requires tact and mind games. The students may not have these skills yet but the supervising lecturer whom I suppose is from the department of Mass Communication should have known better.

Poor guys...

Like Buhari, you be mumu thin skin. You go report post wey you no like. Look, Africa, having people like you, will never develop. You idiots don't know the ingredient of development. Obama and Trump are probably the most insulted people on earth, yet no one gets arrested except they make a threat. But this una Africa over-respect poverty culture will soon start killing clearly, then clowns like you will wake up and smell the coffee. What do words do? Bite? Choke? All it does is prick innate fake arrogance. YEYE dey smell.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nyesom Wike: I Can Never Be Intimidated! / APC Governors & Buhari Laughing As They Have Lunch Together (Photos) / El-Rufai Orders FRSC Off The Streets Of Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.