Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Urgent U.S Visiting Visa Interview Advice Needed. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent U.S Visiting Visa Interview Advice Needed. (1156 Views)

Urgent Interview Advice And Experience Need Also: / What Is The Best Way To Get US Visiting Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent U.S Visiting Visa Interview Advice Needed. by olady: 11:42pm On Dec 01, 2010
Hi all,
My brother is a U.S green card holder and his wife is an american citizen. They have both invited my mother who retired this year to come visit them in the U.S for christmas holiday. The issues is, although my mum is retired, she works part time at a hospital to keep busy. Should she disclose this to the interviewer during the interview?, My brother and his wife will be paying for her ticket and eerything eles. They have already sent their bank statements and other relevant documents. Do you think she'll be granted the visa as well?
Please i need some help here before she goes for her interview on friday,
Thank you Nairalanders!
Re: Urgent U.S Visiting Visa Interview Advice Needed. by eluke: 9:28am On Dec 02, 2010
Don't bother yourself about the job issue your mother is doind, as long as everyhting is okay, she will be given the visa. Mothers and aged parents always get their visas
Re: Urgent U.S Visiting Visa Interview Advice Needed. by olady: 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2010
Thanks Eluke, but are you saying she shouldnt bring up her newjob issue if they ask her what she's currently doing?
Re: Urgent U.S Visiting Visa Interview Advice Needed. by Dantecmu(m): 2:02am On Dec 03, 2010
olady:

Thanks Eluke, but are you saying she shouldnt bring up her newjob issue if they ask her what she's currently doing?

Same question in another format, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Urgent U.S Visiting Visa Interview Advice Needed. by MOG2009: 3:26am On Dec 03, 2010
@ Poster,

she will be at advantage, if she tell the US Embassy about her new job. This is an added  family tie and a good reason to come back after her vacation. However, the US Embassy do refused mothers or aged parents with no previous traveling experience nor  good family tie. It's a chance of luck and prayers too.
Re: Urgent U.S Visiting Visa Interview Advice Needed. by olady: 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2010
Yay, she got approved for the visa. A point of advice for all who are applying for a visiting visa to the U.S: when she went for her interview (1) They did not ask her to show any document that she brought with her (2) They wanted to verify she knew what was filled out on the application form by asking her a few questions about some personal information (3) The wanted straight forward answers from her. Lastly whatever you do, please DO NOT sound despirate NOR volunteer information to them, its a DONT ASK, DONT TELL kidna situation. Good luck guys and let me know if you have futher questions ,
Re: Urgent U.S Visiting Visa Interview Advice Needed. by Dantecmu(m): 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2010
Congrats  grin grin grin grin
A lil advice get as much winter jacket for ur mum its colder than u can imagine,

(1) (Reply)

Information About Studying & Living In Norway / Visa Application: Top 10 Most Bizarre Interview Questions / Nigerian Guy In Malaysia Died While Running From The Police [graphic Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.