Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Counter Thread Best Alternative To Correct A Child: Caning Or Punishment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counter Thread Best Alternative To Correct A Child: Caning Or Punishment (222 Views)

Should I Divorce Or Remain Subjected To This Punishment For My Infidelity? / Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / 13-Year-Old Aba House Help Jumps Down From 2-Storey Building To Evade Punishment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Counter Thread Best Alternative To Correct A Child: Caning Or Punishment by DenreleDave(m): 12:43pm On Dec 31, 2019
Cnaunh vs physical punishment (stool down, monkey style, Okada style etc)

It has been debated that flogging is not the best alternative way but I beg to disagree abeg.. I could remember my elder brother, he can't walk well again because my mother gave him physical punishment called "stool down", till today, he can't walk well till date... His legs are not balanced at all, even mum regretted punishing him instead of flogging him. I remember many times I was punished in school, I cudnt walk well for some time.. Even after days, I still cudnt walk well.

For me, I will still advise that a cane is important in a child's life.. Because when I was small, there were many things that we were supposed to do even though we knew that they were wrong but for the fear of cane, we didn't even in school. We do our assignments, cut our nails and look clean for the fear of not been flogged. Many of these things have impacted positive attitudes in our lives..

Take for instance, all these small girls advertising their unclothedness in instagram, if Caning is also okay for adult, I'm sure many wunt expose their boobs and ass on the internet for the fear of being caned but because no body would hold them, they behave anyhow.

I still repeat, if my pikin no hear word, if I don warn am and he no still hear, aswearughard, na cane go finalize am..

Some said People they will take the children's iPad, phone, toys, I don't really count on that. No be every pikin get those things sef, someone like me was born ajepako all the way.

Parents, which one is more preferable in caning to correct a child or imposing physical punishment to correct him/ her?

https://www.nairaland.com/5605966/consider-flogging-effective-way-discipline

Cc: Lalasticala Seun seunmohmoh socialmediaman vickydankal wiseandtrue Simplyleo gragra247

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Make Money While Sleeping / Our Daily-devotional - Jesus, Teacher And Savior - 4 April,2020 / Thread For 'male First Borns'.let's Share Our Challenges.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.