Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. (30439 Views)

Confession Time: Why Did You Marry Your Wife/husband / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Marital War: You Are My Girlfriend, Not Wife – Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
TheLaughter:
I and my girlfriend have been dating for about some years now, we have been good. We have encountered ups and downs but we pulled through. We plan together and execute things together.

Recently, I indicated plans for marriage but my people didn't give consent. They said she isn't my destined partner. According to them, they have prayed, saw in prophesies and visions that she isn't the one...

I happen to speak with one of the prophetess on phone and she repeated what she told them that she is not my wife, that I should pray, that my wife will come.

I am finding it hard believing all these but at the same time I am mindful too. I have been asking myself questions if what they are saying is true. They said I will encounter all kinds of hardship if I continue and many other things the prophetess said.

I see her as God's creation too, why will God allow such happen to me just because I married someone He created too.

I don't believe all these prophesies but at the same time I just want to ask if there could be any truth in this destined partner stuff. Thanks
let me tell you a true life story.

An uncle told my brother that he was ripe for marriage that he should bring the name of the lady he intends to marry so he can help my brother pray over it(note that this uncle of mine is fond of visiting prophets) so my brother decided to do an experiment. He gave my uncle three names ,his gf's name and two other random fake names. The prayer result came back and my uncle said it was one of the random names. Just because that particular name was a native name so he knew it was from the same tribe. Lol

I am not saying they are right or wrong o, but use your tongue to count your teeth. These people never see how you can become the next dangote, just saying.

8 Likes

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by Tchange1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
TheLaughter:
I and my girlfriend have been dating for about some years now, we have been good. We have encountered ups and downs but we pulled through. We plan together and execute things together.

Recently, I indicated plans for marriage but my people didn't give consent. They said she isn't my destined partner. According to them, they have prayed, saw in prophesies and visions that she isn't the one...

I happen to speak with one of the prophetess on phone and she repeated what she told them that she is not my wife, that I should pray, that my wife will come.

I am finding it hard believing all these but at the same time I am mindful too. I have been asking myself questions if what they are saying is true. They said I will encounter all kinds of hardship if I continue and many other things the prophetess said.

I see her as God's creation too, why will God allow such happen to me just because I married someone He created too.

I don't believe all these prophesies but at the same time I just want to ask if there could be any truth in this destined partner stuff. Thanks

You seek the face of God yourself and hear or see what he says.

Don't make your flesh destroy your destiny.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by banio: 12:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
TheLaughter:

There are always two sides to a coin. You might marry her and have a successful life, you might also marry her and experience struggle.

It is well with you. Just decide on what you want and don't regret your decision, because sometimes it would take years to correct.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by Bawofss(m): 12:30pm On Jan 02, 2020
victorian:

Don't take it lightly.
If both parties say she's not your wife? Then please be patient, cut off from her and pray God makes the path of you and your real wife to meet and marry.

Although I don't believe in destined wife or destined husband. I believe in if I marry this man, are we growing old together? Would our marriage last forever? Will he stand by me till we grow old and die? And are we going to be fruitful,as in be able to have children together?
These are things I pray and seek answers for.

Lemme give u a short true life story.
There was a guy a banker last 6years ago, who wanted to marry me. We were best of friends. He supports me in everything and we love each other. Within 6months, he proposed.. I was so happy!
He wanted to see my mom, my dad was late then.
Quickly I told my mom, my mom said Vicky u guys cannot marry.
I cried and said mom but why. She said he's not your husband. You can't marry him.
I told him, he came to see my mom, he pleaded and all, but mom said sorry you can't marry my daughter, and that's the end.

I know my mom, she's spiritual. And for her to say no, means no.

We stopped dating, I cut off from him, then in few months he called me to his office and introduce me to a lady who looks like me. He said that's his wife, as I don't want him. He truly loves me, he has to look for someone similar to my looks. I and the babe greeted each other, I said no problem, he can go ahead and marry her. They got married
After two years my mom died. Then after 4 years I remembered him, I said lemme check on my friend and how they are doing

His wife picked his call ,I Introduce myself and guess what she said.

She said he's dead!

I was like what? Dead how? Where are u staying? Lemme come. See u. She said she's squatting with her friend and it's better we talk on phone. Her husband family threw her out of their matrimonial home .

She was crying on the phone and she explained how they got married. He was promoted immediately they got married, he became very rich! He completed his first house in ikorodu, then was about rounding up his duplex home in Lekki, when he was attacked with stroke.

She battled with his illness for one year with his family members , before he gave up.

His family quickly accused her and said she killed him. She wants to inherit his properties. That's how they threw her out with her kid.
She really suffered
She vowed she will never evermarry again.

Very beautiful lady, up till today she still insist in-laws and people are wicked. She will never marry and men are always wooing her on facebook. But she says no.

I then realise why mom said no , we cannot marry

So Op, it's possible she may not live long. But they won't tell you. Or maybe if u guys marry, u won't be as successful as u are meant to be. It's either of the two.

So please pray about it and let God also reveal to you. Marriage is no child's play
dis is serious
Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by themaestro08(m): 12:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
bigl:

Nothing like that jare!

Just stuffs created for those who choose to swallow it!

That's how they will say "if u miss who you are supposed to marry, you have missed it"!

All na lie! I'm a strong christian but I read my bible right!

I wish most Nigerians have this way of thinking...

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by klawaaa: 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
Please expantiate further
Ishilove:

When you pray and heaven is silent, pause. Keep praying because silence in the spirit is itself an answer.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by tweakdude1: 12:33pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ishilove:

When you pray and heaven is silent, pause. Keep praying because silence in the spirit is itself an answer.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by Evebeautyworld2: 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
victorian:

Don't take it lightly.
If both parties say she's not your wife? Then please be patient, cut off from her and pray God makes the path of you and your real wife to meet and marry.

Although I don't believe in destined wife or destined husband. I believe in if I marry this man, are we growing old together? Would our marriage last forever? Will he stand by me till we grow old and die? And are we going to be fruitful,as in be able to have children together?

There was a guy a banker last 6years ago, who wanted to marry me. We were best of friends. He supports me in everything and we love each other. Within 6months, he proposed.. I was so happy!
I cried and said mom but why. She said he's not your husband. You can't marry him.
I told him, he came to see my mom, he pleaded and all, but mom said sorry you can't marry my daughter, and that's the end.

We stopped dating, I cut off from him, then in few months he called me to his office and introduce me to a lady who looks like me. He said that's his wife, as I don't want him. He truly loves me, he has to look for someone similar to my looks. I and the babe greeted each other, I said no problem, he can go ahead and marry her. They got married
After two years my mom died. Then after 4 years I remembered him, I said lemme check on my friend and how they are doing

She said he's dead!

I was like what? Dead how? Where are u staying? Lemme come. See u. She said she's squatting with her friend and it's better we talk on phone. Her husband family threw her out of their matrimonial home .

She was crying on the phone and she explained how they got married. He was promoted immediately they got married, he became very rich! He completed his first house in ikorodu, then was about rounding up his duplex home in Lekki, when he was attacked with stroke.

She battled with his illness for one year with his family members , before he gave up.

His family quickly accused her and said she killed him. She wants to inherit his properties. That's how they threw her out with her kid.
She really suffered

Very beautiful lady, up till today she still insist in-laws and people are wicked. She will never marry and men are always wooing her on facebook. But she says no.

So Op, it's possible she may not live long. But they won't tell you. Or maybe if u guys marry, u won't be as successful as u are meant to be. It's either of the two.

So please pray about it and let God also reveal to you. Marriage is no child's play
Now I see why mum refuse me marrying my ex,she said d similar things to me that I shouldn't marry him,I keep asking her her reasons she just shook her head and said I won't understand that he just pity d guy,now d said guy is married to someone else...for sometime now I have been having strange dreams about him when I woke up I feel sad or cry,don't understand why I'm feeling dis way...
Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by prixm: 12:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
Listen very carefully. I can see from your post that you are from a christian family. The reality is that the type of prophet your people contacted and his/her prophecy belong to the old testament. Basing your life on this type of prophecy has so many complications. I can tell you because I have been there. My honest advice is that you get genuinely born again and dip yourself in the study of God's word. The genuinely born again man does not need the the type of prophet above because he is acquainted with God's word and he has the Holy Spirit resident inside his heart so he is guided directly by the Holy Spirit that is alive in his live. There is no prophecy that is higher than God's word (2 Peter 1:19). Remember Prov. 18:22; It is who finds a wife by himself not whom God or prophet helps to find a wife. When the Spirit is alive in you, His witness will confirm to you when you find your wife. Contrary to what many of us thought before, by wanting God to give us by Himself, the popular "bone of our bone" by some supernatural interventions such as dreams, visions, prophets, etc, we have come to discover that God has given us the privilege to make the choice by ourselves guided by the Holy Spirit within us. God by His Spirit has taken abode inside of you (as a born again man) so there is absolutely no need for a MEDIUM or PROPHET or INTERMEDIARY between God (your father) and you (His son).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by innobarca(m): 12:39pm On Jan 02, 2020
Christians sometimes do not read their Bible.

Is there anything like destined wife or husband in the bible?

Read my experience with 1 of them prophets some years back.

In my family, we are 4 boys and 4 girls, I am the last among all.
My eldest sister got married early and her daughter has grown to a woman.

My eldest sister has been telling me about this particular prophet and that I should visit the prophet for prayers.

On a particular day my sister called me that the prophet will be doing a program so I should come, my sister sent her daughter to come and bring me to the program on the faithful day from Owerri to Orlu in Imo State.

AS WE APPROACHED, ME AND MY NIECE, BEHOLD A LARGE CONGREGATION AND THE PROPHET SAID...... LOOK AT THAT YOUNG MAN AND THE YOUNG GIRL, THE LORD JUST SHOWED HIM THAT THEY ARE DESTINED TO BE HUSBAND AND WIFE.

My elder sister shouted from the Crowd.... Noooooo.

MY GOD, I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED AND LEFT IMMEDIATELY.

Now, let's assume that actually the young girl was not my niece and I was thinking of marrying her.

That's how they ruin people's lives with their GUESS work.

13 Likes

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by jaymorgan(m): 12:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
Brother, it's obvious you love this girl so much and I'm sure she loves you the way you love her. Maybe more than.
You have to man up, summon courage and go extra miles by yourself not with your relatives or the girl. As long as you'll be the one to marry her and not your relatives go and pray about it yourself and don't let them give you news. Don't go to the place your people go. You are a man and just as women go by what they hear, men go by what they see.
Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by THUNDER4real(m): 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
Dicey one....

First of all, ask the pastor/ prophet what is the reason, what they really saw....then can it be conquered with fasting, prayer and deliverance warfare..

Then, ensure it's not just one pastor, at least minimum of 2

Physical compatibility in terms of height, sex, complexion, etc is very good and wonderful..but when it comes relating it to spirituality, physical is more or less 20%.

you may not agree, It's when you enter the marriage you will understand. PRAY HARD.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by mukthar2000(m): 12:47pm On Jan 02, 2020
I see her as God's creation too, why will God allow such
happen to me just because I married someone He created
too.

Nice thinking, guy u don't need to believe such fully, just believe in ur god, keep praying and fasting , things we work out fine with both u and the girl they said u should not marry.

I was one in ur shoe b4 when my wife sister told her that she cant marry me then from the messages she received from one prophets, but due to the love we both has, we both don't believe her, guy if I tell u now that we thank almighty God with our 4 lovely kids.
Guy think wisely
Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by FirePower1(m): 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
There are just 3 filters; 1. is she a sane matured female? 2. Is she a believer in your God? 3. Is she your spec and are you are spec physically, genetically, mentally, financially and emotionally?
Every other concern will be of very little or no consequences.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by iSlayer: 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2020
Nothing like a predestined wife/husband. To even go further, there's nothing like a predestined future for an individual.
Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by RunThins: 12:52pm On Jan 02, 2020
I am sorry for you, and more so for her! There's a thing called self fulfilling prophecy, and now that they have implanted this nonsense in your mind, and they wholeheartedly believing such, that poor girl stands no chance! My advice, If you wish to marry her putting aside these nonsense "prophetess" yarn, do not tell her what you've been told so as not to corrupt her mind too and sow doubt in it, erase any memory of this conversation from yours. It will be hard but you need to as quickly as possible, focus on the bond you have and make it stronger.

Again, if you know you can't erase this from your mind, better free her, because when the vicissitudes of life come your way, as would undoubtedly, for they are the current that creates the waves of the sea of life, it will be very hard for you not to start questioning whether or not your choice was the right one and that's when you will start seeing all the signs you missed!

Best of luck to you!

4 Likes

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by jaxxy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 02, 2020
TheLaughter:

Noooo there’s no such thing as destined parter bt there are sm people u definitely shud not marry for compatibility reasons both either personality wise or spiritual wise if u must fulfill ur personal ambitions or may I say destiny, full potentials, grand fulfillment or Smtn like that.

U can marry anyone bt u can’t marry anyone. The person has to be compatible with ur vision in life else u will go backwards or struggle to achieve those goals and true potentials.

I wud like to think there’s Smtn called spiritual compatibility bt not the way these shrinks are putting it. They might be seeing Smtn Ure not seeing tho bt that’s if u urself are not a sensitive or intuitive person else u shud see sm signs also not just marrying sm1 just because uve dated for so and so.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by mcdon1986: 12:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
TheLaughter:

It depends on who the prophetess is to you. However the decision as to whom to marry depends on you and you alone, as much as I don't support rebellion against parents, what you have to do is to see a way to convince your parents that she is the right person, truely God speak through prophet, however the decision and choice depends on you, prophet are to confirm what God is saying to you, the question is what is God saying to you that's what matters.

Apart from the prophetess, do you have a spiritual father you trust or your fiancee, maybe you can consult him/her to get other perceptive.

I have seen this idea of prophetess seeing evil in the intended fiancee, so tread with caution their prophesy.

Also as regarding destined partner I am yet to see that in the Bible, what the Bible teaches is that "he that findeth a wife" it's your responsibility to seek out a compatible mate, however you can decide to allow God to guide you to your right partner, in that case you have to trust him, and he can speak to you or show you sign. But nobody has the right to tell you whom to marry.

For destined partner I doubt it and scarcely believe it, in the context of one man to one woman you can say suitable or compatible or God's choice as directed by God.

Moreso I have a friend who heard from God, and God directed him to whom he should Marry but the lady refused accepting him, that doesn't mean he didn't hear from God but the lady just refused accepting, and he still moved on and God directed yet to another partner, today they're happily married.

I have seen the above scenario plays out in many cases. I don't believe in destined partner, no place is it found in the Bible however I believe God can direct to a right partner or God's choice.

What you should do, is to authenticate their prophesy and it can only be done through prayer and patience. However you can not take the word of one prophetess and make a life decisions, you need to verify, there most be witnesses from God

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by SamOyovwi: 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2020
You got to pray seriously about her to know whether she is your wife. Marriage is not ordinary
TheLaughter:

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by NawtyC001(m): 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2020
Sir,you might not like my contribution,but if you are a Christian, I recommend Christ Embassy Church for you, no I'm not a devoted member and they also have their flaws.Their teachings are second to none, there I learnt I was a PROPHET myself. I have power to move,change,declare,prophesy,predict etc. All this power lies in my tongue. Not a prophet I don't even know the sincerity of its prophecy.
Don't mind any prophet oo,although reason with your family but not the prophecy. You can lay your own prophesies yourself. Greater is He that is in me........
As he is?.....
You need to understand faith and prophesies Bro

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by Pavore9: 12:56pm On Jan 02, 2020
victorian:

Don't take it lightly.

She said he's dead!

She really suffered

Was the woman not legally married to the man?As long as those houses are in Lagos, no in-law has right over them. Didn't she get a lawyer involved?
Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by Liposure: 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
Seriously,is it not unfair that only ur relatives n d prophet gets 2 see future of ur marriage n not u d guy who is getting married. Open ur eyes!
Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by toluene1234: 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
That could be correct if the prophesy is coming from the true prophet of God remember there are lot of fake prophets and prophetesses out there.
2 Chronicles 20:20 (CEBA) Early the next morning they went into the Tekoa wilderness. When they were about to go out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, "Listen to me, Judah and every inhabitant of Jerusalem! Trust the LORD your God, and you will stand firm; trust his prophets and succeed!"
God prophecies for his people are real, he uses his prophets to deliver his prophecies, not those that guess by putting 1 + 1 to get 2.

Having said that, if you don't mind, you can check from other prophets you know, trust me if its true you will hear exact the same thing because the spirit of God is same and his promises and prophesies are the same even from Alfas (islamic clerics).

Some generation problem in some families is that they don't live beyond 40years old, this a sample from many issues that God may reveal to you through visions, his prophets etc, its by his grace you know about this. If God has sent his prophets to deliver his message to you be grateful to God.

I will not advise you to throw that message from the prophet to the dustbin but would advise that you seek further clarification from God by yourself or from other true prophets of God, trust me the lord will make them see what you are not seeing.

Good luck.

TheLaughter:

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by Godiloveu(f): 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2020
TheLaughter:
Some are saying there isn't, others say there is...

I have prayed on my own but I am not getting any revelation...

Now I am scared, I have asked myself what if spirituality is true and all they are saying is true?

I don't want to make any mistakes, but when it comes to compatibility, we are really compatible...
see there is nothing like d right one or wrong one..I will advice end it now, because whether d prophesy is true or not , the Spiritual parties involved have already change the cause of ur life and what u want since u involved them unknowingly, they may want some calamities to befall u just to prove a point.
Or if any natural bad thing happens along d line u will see as a sign and start doubting ur decision. From what I can tell u re not strong in religious (what ever u believe in) so pls free the babe abeg. Make u carry ur spirituality for head

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by richie240: 1:00pm On Jan 02, 2020
TheLaughter:

Small pikin (talk). So Satan was who's creation?
Mtchew!
**exits thread**
Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by abdullkabar(m): 1:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
Sometimes you wonder!!
Too much things to bother our mind with.
You want spit, dem say it must be to the right
We were arguing some days back on the issue of a child falling of the mothers back and causing husbands or wifes to die warefa warefa
I can't say if its true or not
But how will you be so careless to drop a child(well, nobody is above mistake)
Secondly, do we know how many times messi fell from his mother's back(or we are saying the falling reaction god only dwells in Nigeria)
Too much superstitions and limitations if you ask me
Op, souls do fit each others tho, but again, who told you there isn't a better fit out there?
Just live your life and go cuz
In the midst of life, we are in death. ~Marie Connelly~ Let’s learn to enjoy every minute of our lives, there’s always death hovering around...
Too much info tho
Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by victorian(f): 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2020
Pavore9:

Was the woman not legally married to the man?As long as those houses are in Lagos, no in-law has right over them. Didn't she get a lawyer involved?

She was legally married.

They did white wedding and traditional.

But it's unfortunate the in-laws were wolves

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by victorian(f): 1:11pm On Jan 02, 2020
Evebeautyworld2:

Now I see why mum refuse me marrying my ex,she said d similar things to me that I shouldn't marry him,I keep asking her her reasons she just shook her head and said I won't understand that he just pity d guy,now d said guy is married to someone else...for sometime now I have been having strange dreams about him when I woke up I feel sad or cry,don't understand why I'm feeling dis way...

Eeyah undecided

I understand the feeling.

Some mothers are mini gods, they can see far.

I pray he lives long. I just pray sad
Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by Nweike1: 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
TheLaughter:

My brother, my advice is u pray fervently for the Holy Spirit to show u what to do. Never go into marriage without clear revelation from God. I am a living testimony of what happens when u marry the wrong partner

6 Likes

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by sosospence(m): 1:13pm On Jan 02, 2020
victorian:

Don't take it lightly.

She said he's dead!

She really suffered

It was just a coincidence.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. by obowunmi(m): 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
Stanzar7:

Bro if u find peace in her. Just go ahead. Humans r controversial being. They will always look for one ting to say just to make themselves higher being than u..

True.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Men Abandon City Girls, Rush For IDP Singles In Maiduguri- Daily Trust / I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise / Woman Dumps Her Baby In A Gutter In Agege Area Of Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.