Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (3175 Views)

Court Forces Man To Accept Baby That Wife Agrees Belongs To Someone Else / My Family Takes My Undiluted Kindness For Foolishness / Woman's Attempt To Seduce Younger Sister’s Husband With Love Portion Backfires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2020
MajorWarren:

They don’t need guidance. You both need it cos it’s a marriage. You talk to each other before making any decisions.
Man said never leave life changing decisions to a woman , what a twàt.
Shut up, when elders speak, pick a pen and paper and take notes. Your opinion is irrelevant in these types of discussions.
Re: . by MajorWarren: 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2020
Gaggi:

Shut up, when elders speak, pick a pen and paper and take notes. Your opinion is irrelevant in these types of discussions.

Okya wise elder Gaggi, why wouldn’t you consult and discuss with your wife when it comes to making life changing decisions?

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
MajorWarren:

Okya wise elder Gaggi, why wouldn’t you consult and discuss with your wife when it comes to making life changing decisions?
Read and comprehend. Discuss everything with her but don't leave the sole decision to her. Her input is important and can even influence the final decision, but allowing her take the sole decision in important matters may not end well.
I'm not a misogynist by any means. Women are emotional and not as rational as men and they mostly let emotions guide their decisions, it's just the way they were created.

1 Like

Re: . by cococandy(f): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
Calling your wife foolish maybe shows why she doesn’t listen to you.

6 Likes

Re: . by cococandy(f): 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2020
Yet we know the gender that makes hormonal decisions that destroy their homes and blame it on their hormones. As in that’s how they were created And women won’t understand grin

here we are...

Gaggi:

Read and comprehend. Discuss everything with her but don't leave the sole decision to her. Her input is important and can even influence the final decision, but allowing her take the sole decision in important matters may not end well.
I'm not a misogynist by any means. Women are emotional and not as rational as men and they mostly let emotions guide their decisions, it's just the way they were created.

2 Likes

Re: . by cococandy(f): 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2020
grin Leave him
Pavore9:
"but I have this gift of astral premonition and presaging dreams, and can tell, from miles away, the decisions that will backfire"....You had all these gifts and you were foolish enough to marry a foolish woman? shocked
Re: . by cococandy(f): 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
Where’s your wife?
itsme01:

aunty this is 2020 abeg show us your "horseband" and stop throwing tantrums online... E-Feminist without an Horseband is that one a Feminist

6 Likes

Re: . by cococandy(f): 3:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

It would not have been to her advantage to do so. A woman needs children for future financial support when her husband becomes unproductive.

Only applies to women who let you limit their ability to earn and save for their own retirement.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2020
cococandy:
Yet we know the gender that makes hormonal decisions that destroy their homes and blame it on their hormones. As in that’s how they were created And women won’t understand grin

here we are...

A classic example of emotions. Have I said anything that isn't true? Even in the work place, their decisions are always almost tainted and swayed by emotions. No blames, it's their nature.
Let me say one controversial but bitter truth, any company that has only females as board members and decision makers will not last long.

3 Likes

Re: . by MajorWarren: 4:00pm On Jan 01, 2020
Gaggi:

Well said man, well said.
Re: . by cococandy(f): 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2020
Gaggi:

A classic example of emotions. Have I said anything that isn't true? Even in the work place, their decisions are always almost tainted and swayed by emotions. No blames, it's their nature.
Let me say one controversial but bitter truth, any company that has only females as board members and decision makers will not last long.

I could also say your post is a classic example of emotions . Because you’re speaking trash with nothing tangible to back it up.

But I guess yours is true because you a man said it and mine is emotional because I a woman said it.

Classic male “logic”. grin

7 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
cococandy:

Only applies to women who let you limit their ability to earn and save for their own retirement.

No matter how much a woman earns, she always seems unable or unwilling to save enough for her retirement.

1 Like

Re: . by cococandy(f): 5:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

No matter how much a woman earns, she always seems unable or unwilling to save enough for her retirement.

Wow. Very factual of you

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2020
cococandy:

Wow. Very factual of you

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: . by Ephemeralbeing: 5:28pm On Jan 01, 2020
pocohantas:

Where is Shiloh? Quit the Shiloh threats jare. Is it difficult to get Nigerian horseband?

1. Just (pretend to) be submissive.
2. Be a good cook, be HOMELY and DOMESTICATED.
3. If he is into premarital sex, knack am well. Don't overdo o, lest he wonders how many times you have done a split in the middle.
4. If you have worldly friends, hide them from him.
5. Never speak ill of his family.
6. Follow him to his village and wash his mother's clothes. She'll endorse you.
7. Massage his ego and that of his friends.
8. Be very pro-men, deny feminism with every thing in you. All feminists are unfortunate.
9. Never question any expense he wants to make for his family.
10. Always ask after his family's wellbeing.
11. Tell him how you can forgive a cheating man. You believe in fighting for your home.
12. Always remind him a man is the head of the home.
13. Always try to take some blame for his wrongdoings (e.g) if/when he cheats or slaps you, acknowledge you must have pushed him to do it. Now ask how you can help him be a better horseband.
14. Always consult him for decision making. Men like to be in charge.
15. Don't saddle him with your responsibilities or family responsibilities. But respect him while being very independent.

After marriage, you can decide to change. No campaign after election. Don't worry, he will most likely not divorce you. Women initiate most divorce.

Did I miss anything? If I do all the above, while retaining my innate evil tendencies, you think I will still visit Shiloh? grin

Gaddammit

Who in the hell is Pocohantas ? I figured as much that there'd be girls like this out there!

But dammit. Aren't you going to fall in love,settle and have kids with some good looking responsible dude someday?

Lamanii22 pls avoid these girls.

Habah!!

1 Like

Re: . by cococandy(f): 5:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
grin

Meanwhile some “ode nies” for here think they are very smart.

Got women and life all figured out.
pocohantas:

Where is Shiloh? Quit the Shiloh threats jare. Is it difficult to get Nigerian horseband?

3. If he is into premarital sex, knack am well. Don't overdo o, lest he wonders how many times you have done a split in the middle.
8. Be very pro-men, deny feminism with every thing in you. All feminists are unfortunate.
11. Tell him how you can forgive a cheating man. You believe in fighting for your home.
13. Always try to take some blame for his wrongdoings (e.g) if/when he cheats or slaps you, acknowledge you must have pushed him to do it. Now ask how you can help him be a better horseband.
15. Don't saddle him with your responsibilities or family responsibilities. But respect him while being very independent.

After marriage, you can decide to change. No campaign after election. Don't worry, he will most likely not divorce you. Women initiate most divorce.

Did I miss anything? If I do all the above, while retaining my innate evil tendencies, you think I will still visit Shiloh? grin

2 Likes

Re: . by TheArchangel(f): 6:08pm On Jan 01, 2020
pocohantas:

Legend grin grin

3 Likes

Re: . by itsme01: 6:28pm On Jan 01, 2020
cococandy:
Where’s your wife?

whats you business let poco answer me... atleast you seem like a divorce with lovely kid... you dont want pocohantas to have kids before menoupause abi
Re: . by bukatyne(f): 7:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
Funny thread!

I believe these men are talking from their personal experiences. kiss

@Boesten:

Since you have 'spiritual' powers, harness them to 'influence' her to take your suggestion / the right decision.

You can also leave her to face the consequences of a bad decision so she knows the cost of repair and not assume a magic wand is used to reverse them.

1 Like

Re: . by stepo707: 7:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
pocohantas:

15. Don't saddle him with your responsibilities or family responsibilities. Just respect him while being very independent. When he does things for you, appreciate them.

Funny girl. So ladies can pretend to all you listed?
Re: . by Beosten(m): 9:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
bukatyne:
Funny thread!

I believe these men are talking from their personal experiences. kiss

@Boesten:

Since you have 'spiritual' powers, harness them to 'influence' her to take your suggestion / the right decision.

You can also leave her to face the consequences of a bad decision so she knows the cost of repair and not assume a magic wand is used to reverse them.

You can't use clean powers to manipulate others. And I'm not into astral practices that can be used to achieve a physical objective. I only see things.

I love it when adversities reset people's brain, and I have allowed my wife to have a taste of the bitter lessons before. But I usually shared in the consequences. If I tell you not to take paracetamol, you're free to adhere or not, but I can stop a thief from stealing your money without asking for your permission. I often tell her hairstyle I love to see on her, and she used to say those styles are not in vogue and she won't do them. But I have the right to refuse a decision I know she has no means of carrying out. For example, travelling to a town where commercial transit vehicles are not available. I can either take her there or she hire a vehicle. And since her mission is a frivolity, she would back down. It's the 'paracetamol' example up there I'm referring to.
Re: . by yeyeosoronga: 9:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
Is it this same woman you are talking about here OP?
The one you're never meant to make happy? The one who wishes you to continue to be an okada rider?

2 Likes

Re: . by Beosten(m): 10:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
yeyeosoronga:
The one you're never meant to make happy? The one who wishes you to continue to be an okada rider?

What I meant by that statement is that no woman can be pleased. And if you can't please them that means they won't be 100 percent happy in marriage. When I said "that means she enjoyed me being an okada rider" it's an implied statement to cast women as illogical beings. It seems she's growing as maintaining my silence proves to be very effective.

A man has to make a marriage work or be ready for numerous divorces. Whenever I post on nairaland regarding marriage, I want people to learn, not primarily to follow their take because outsider can't have the best perspective of my home. But I'm always surprised that women often fail to be logical, and I'm always tempted to generalize, having seen what other women around me did.
Re: . by Beosten(m): 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Besides, that comment is old. How did you dig it out? You didn't dig it out; you kind of couldn't forget it. You probably felt offended.

Also, this your moniker, ehn. Iyaosoronga, apani-mahagun, olokiki-oru. I'm not supposed to like you, but I think I like you. Agirimalaja, awo ile-ife...
Re: . by yeyeosoronga: 10:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
Beosten:

Besides, that comment is old. How did you dig it out? You didn't dig it out; you kind of couldn't forget it. You probably felt offended.

Also, this your moniker, ehn. Iyaosoronga, apani-mahagun, olokiki-oru. I'm not supposed to like you, but I think I like you. Agirimalaja, awo ile-ife...

You're funny sha...

I know you modified the statement because you wanted to change some narrative perhaps after having second thoughts. You forget we have had an encounter and I quoted your statement. You cannot modify what I have already quoted. I didn't feel offended by your statement at all. Perhaps, I would post my response to you on the thread, as I was quite civil towards you.
Keep your family together and work as a single unit. Your wife isn't perfect, neither are you. Share ideas together and make decisions together.

Re: . by frozen70(f): 1:27am On Jan 02, 2020
Beosten:
I married a very mature, educated woman. But as a person who grew up fighting many battles -- financial, spiritual, physical threats from land grabbers etc -- there is almost no sphere of life I have no adequate knowledge of.

I'm a very libral person and will never force my opinion on anyone. So, my wife always gets away with taking decisions that will affect both of us--affect both of us in the sense that they were life threatening decisions; I will only get hurt for losing a loved one. In all the cases where she went against my advice, she regretted, wept profusely and I spent a fortune because of her folishness.

I love this woman more than anything on this planet. But it seems she is not ready to learn her lessons anytime soon. There are some decisions that even if you consult Socrates and Plato about, they would ask you to go ahead; but I have this gift of astral premonition and presaging dreams, and can tell, from miles away, the decisions that will backfire.

So, should I start forcing my will on her to avert dangers?

Forcing your will on her is not the problem

Since she doesn't listen to you, take your decision and stand on your feet if you know that you are doing the right thing to the benefit of the family

That you loved her more than anything, doesn't mean that you should allow her to keep messing things around

Unless she is the provider of the resources, then you have to work hard n convincing her at any point
Re: . by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:50am On Jan 02, 2020
Gaggi:
Take charge, no matter how educated and intelligent a woman is, they need our guidance. Not that they are dumb, they let emotions sometimes override logic.

Never leave life changing decisions to a woman. Leave the interior decor and such less important decisions to them. You've been warned.

Nigerian men you love your ego too much,

You sound as if every step all the way women need our guidance, we got lots of women who are better qualified in the fields than men and never need guidance from men to pass.

Women are not given opportunity, because of traditional roles we give them but we are equally inteligent.

the only way we differ is how to process and deal with emotions, but that doesnt measure intelligent and decision making

if men were better at making decision no family would be poor, no tribal wars, no civil wars, no world war etc

Decision making is not s gender based thing, women only having periods

Somethings are natural gift

2 Likes

Re: . by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:11am On Jan 02, 2020
Beosten:
I married a very mature, educated woman. But as a person who grew up fighting many battles -- financial, spiritual, physical threats from land grabbers etc -- there is almost no sphere of life I have no adequate knowledge of.

I'm a very libral person and will never force my opinion on anyone. So, my wife always gets away with taking decisions that will affect both of us--affect both of us in the sense that they were life threatening decisions; I will only get hurt for losing a loved one. In all the cases where she went against my advice, she regretted, wept profusely and I spent a fortune because of her folishness.

I love this woman more than anything on this planet. But it seems she is not ready to learn her lessons anytime soon. There are some decisions that even if you consult Socrates and Plato about, they would ask you to go ahead; but I have this gift of astral premonition and presaging dreams, and can tell, from miles away, the decisions that will backfire.

you got answers and solution

all already but you dont see it

you do acknowledge that she is mature and educated and i conclude that in getting that education she went lots of hardship, therefore i think she is always in defensive mode which is not good in making decisions

the education, she is educated now but went through hardship, her decisions also might be quick without really thinking through because she might be trying to prove a point thats she is educated.

lts like dating a woman coming out from an abusive relationship, instead of taking as you are, any small mistake you, you treated like abusive ex

so your need to calm her down, by asking her to think through, and ask her how she has come to that decision, this is before execution of the decision and you also have to explain how you think our your own decision, built her confidence in taking time to think through

she seems to be in defensive thinking all the time
Re: . by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:27am On Jan 02, 2020
pocohantas:

15. Don't saddle him with your responsibilities or family responsibilities. Just respect him while being very independent. When he does things for you, appreciate them.

You will be married to a horseband in a jiffy
Re: . by Omar09(m): 8:54am On Jan 02, 2020
Beosten:

Don't you dare force your will on her. I think you should stop stepping in when she's doesn't listen to and the consequences come. Allow her make her choice, and also allow her bear the consequences. Stop stepping in, you are not God. Even God allows us to bear our consequences.
Re: . by Sardonicus: 5:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
pocohantas:

I don't think marriage is worth all you listed. They make you vulnerable. You will be the looser in the end.

Is it not better to remain single?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Sleep With At Least 56 Men Per Week, My Boss Inclusive–bank Employee Confess / I Lost My Job Less Than 5weeks To The Arrival Of Our Baby,wife's BP Rises,advice / Please Help! My Neighbour Is Threatening Me With Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.