Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? (3921 Views)

Can You Ask Someone To Look After Your Wife While You Are Away? / Could You Discipline Your Son This Way?? / Is It Possible To Discipline A Child Without Flogging Him Or Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by favouryemmy: 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2012
Plz would you ask another person to discipline for child for misbehaving?
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Callotti: 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2012
YOU are only allowed to correct them. . .as in you are not allowed to do this or that.
Nothing more. YOU CANNOT LAY YOUR HANDS ON THEM. . . NEVER! kiss
I don't givva phock what they did.
I will treat others' kids with the same courtesy.
Any responsible co-parent or adult should do is pick up the damn phone and report to moi. . .I would do the same!

You ain't finna take our your e badu belle and e jolosi socio-economi-psycho-spiritual-demonic frustrations on any of my sweetie-pies. . . no matter how rotten you think they izzzz! kiss

It's gonna get REEEEEEEAL UGLY. . . .REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL FAST! kiss

Feel free to kill yours BECAUSE YOUR CULTURE AND TRADITION OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TEACHES YOU THE SICK AND DEPRESSING SATISFACTION FROM SLAMMING KIDS AROUND ALL BECAUSE YOU WANNO SHOW AUTHORITY! kiss

You put LAY any of your finger on ANY of 'em. . . you gonna smell 'gunpowder'. . .not pepper! Ammo make sure I CRIPPLE/MAIM ALL YA KIDS. . .PLUS YA GRANDMAMAS/PAPAS INCLUDED!

Good news. . . they ain't gonna be with 'abusive' beasts of burden. . .as long as I am alive. kiss

KIDS WILL ALWAYS MISBEHAVE BECAUSE THEY GAT NO SENSE MOST OF THE DOGGONE TIME! You teach 'em. . . not BULLY THEM!
If I feel your kids are not acting right. . . I will let you know and BANISH 'EM FROM MY HOUSE FOR EVER before I put my fingers on any of 'em! kiss

Shikena! kiss

1 Like

Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by zayhal(f): 11:51pm On Dec 17, 2012
No!
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Emusan(m): 12:36am On Dec 18, 2012
Yoruba adage 'Bami no omo mi kode inu olomo'.

Interpretation 'Help me beat my child is not from the parent mind'.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 18, 2012
No!

One of my guests tried that with my toddler and as she raised her hand before it landed of my kid the second time .... I grabbed her hand and squeezed it with all my might and anger until she felt so much pain and squeals ma'am you're hurting me with discomfort...... Everybody was staring at us and she was asked to leave without another word!

Don't touch my kid or you'd see my wrath !!!
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Nobody: 1:17am On Dec 18, 2012
The very day I'd ask anyone else to discipline my children, would be the day I'd have to admit I've failed as a parent.

And anyone who dares lay hands on my kids...it would be best if they skipped my Continent.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 18, 2012
jidegirl12: No!

One of my guests tried that with my toddler and as she raised her hand before it landed of my kid the second time .... I grabbed her hand and squeezed it with all my might and anger until she felt so much pain and squeals ma'am you're hurting me with discomfort...... Everybody was staring at us and she was asked to leave without another word!

Don't touch my kid or you'd see my wrath !!!

Good for you! You were a lot kinder than I would have been, in similar circumstances.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 18, 2012
Next time I will definitely wound somebody in case it happened again..... What did she do? She was running up and down the stairs with other kids (doing follow the leader and screaming) .... apparently she was too loud in her own damn house can you imagine ...... Nigerian stuff.... Even my MIL knows not to cross that boundary or her return ticket will be renewed!

1 Like

Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by greatgod2012(f): 4:26am On Dec 18, 2012
HELL NOOOOOOOO!
Nobody dares it,you can only correct them in love, but you cant discipline them for me, we d parents are in d best position to do that, if necessary. So, d appreciative thing i only allow is to report them to me.
Agreed, children can misbehave sometimes, but go and bullshi.t yours and leave mine, as cool as i seem to be, d day i sense that type of thing, i may go crazy with such fellow.
However, it cant even happen, because i will never touch someone else's child.......shikena!
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Nobody: 4:27am On Dec 18, 2012
nope.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by favouryemmy: 7:50am On Dec 18, 2012
Thanks for all the comments so far. I would also no permit that. Someone almost tried it the other day, and I gave her a stern warning never to. She's my little cousin staying with us.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 18, 2012
When we dedicated him in church when he was born, the whole church was asked to rise and they all affirmed that they will as a community love and correct him helping us to raaise him according to the will of God.
Yes, I let others correct my kids but I won't let them transfer their aggression on him. His Nanny Corrects him, family and friends even neighbors correct him, Thankfully he is a nice boy so the work is minimized. Discipline doesn't mean beating, it means a child does wrong and an adult who knows better says so to the child and repriminds him.
He tried throwing aa tantrum with his former Nanny (I miss her so much) one day at a store, she carried him out took him home and asked him to kneel down just as I would, when I came home he reported himself and I told him it serves him right, if I am there or not you are meant to be nice

4 Likes

Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 18, 2012
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by ifyalways(f): 9:14am On Dec 18, 2012
How do you ask anyone to discipline a child? Call them when the child misbehaves or what?

Certain people have my blessings to "correct" my kids. Anyone I trust enough to leave my kids in their care is permitted to "correct" them.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 18, 2012
Discipline doesn't necessarily mean 'beat'!

Although I don't see myself asking someone to discipline my child for me, but I won't object if someone corrects my child in my absence!
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Joebeck(f): 10:05am On Dec 18, 2012
Discipline is not always about beating. If is to correct them if they did anything wrong YES, but beating them is a NO NO NO. Let the dad or mum do that.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Callotti: 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2012
NIGERIAN PARENTS ONLY BEAT O!
My mom rarely did. . . ! I wish she did. . . her mouth was WORSE! cry
My father. . .bless his heart. . . will always give you a choice. . . your palms or your 'BUTT'! NEVER A SCRATCH TO SHOW FOR ALL HIS WILLOW CANES. . . . He had one for every child. . . . Too bad, it did not cure 'stubborness'! cool
He had to accept he had the MOST STUBBORN DAUGHTER ANY ONE WOULD DREAD! cheesy Yup! He finally gave up after a healthy dose of HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE! wink

As kpe others disciplining us. . . .MU CHE CHE CHE CHE CHE. . . . Not in this life or the one to come! ONLY MY DAD EVER CANED THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUTTA US.kiss The only other person that tried WITH A SINGLE SLAP. . .slept in jail for like 1 month with a 'record' for life. Lucky devil! I have since learned to use a gun to claim 'self-defence' like my good 'ol AMERICAN, CO-insurance-for-death spouses have taught moi. . . . YOU ARE A DEAD MAN/WOMAN WALKING. . .SLEEPING!kiss

THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH YOUR NIGERIAN SPOUSE IN AMERICA!!!! cool

God bless AMERICA. . . MY HOME SWEEEEEEEET HOME!!!! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJNqep77vBw
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by CrazyMan(m): 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2012
Joebeck: Discipline is not always about beating. If is to correct them if they did anything wrong YES,
I would agree with you on this....

Sometimes relatives, in laws, family friends...etc correct our kids when they're wrong.

It doesn't have to be beating...

Joebeck: But beating them is a NO NO NO. Let the dad or mum do that.
I still don't subscribe to beating...they aren't animals, so why treat them as such?

If you train your kids properly, and spend enough time with them, you wouldn't need to flog them like goats to make them obey a simple instruction.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 23, 2012
Non, c'est pas possible' mon enfant c'est pour moi solement.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Tolexander: 10:29am On Dec 23, 2012
ba mi na omo mi, ko de inu olomo(abegi, follow me beat ma pikin no reach the belle of the pikin malle).
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Afam4eva(m): 10:30am On Dec 23, 2012
Things have really changed. Back in the days, one could punish a child for wrongdoing without their parents batting an eyelid but these days parents don't allow other adults to discipline their children. Infact, they would descend on you if they found out that you're punishing their child for a wrong they may have done.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Sike(m): 10:32am On Dec 23, 2012
Err... that one go hard small o... though it depends on who that DISCIPLINAIRE is... but you'all know that it is always easier said than done.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Sike(m): 10:35am On Dec 23, 2012
Err... that one go hard small o... though it depends on who that DISCIPLINAIRE is - as in - the connection... but you'all know that it is always easier said than done.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by AGgal(f): 10:38am On Dec 23, 2012
Wat 4? If i cnt discipline my child den am not worth being a parent
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Ngwakwe: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2012
Yes, if I found out that I have over pampered him or her

I will do everything to recover my wards sensibility if and when I found out that I have been irresponsible, inept and weak overtime.

But all will be hidden on my love for him or her
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by safarigirl(f): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2012
Not allowed...give em an inch and they'll take a mile- tell em to discipline and they can even do anything from scarring the child to putting pepper in the kid's anus in the name of 'discipline'.

I may allow scolding (minimally) but for someone who wasn't in the labor room with me, who didn't suffer 9 months of morning sickness and who didin't even buy pampers or baby food for my kid to 'discipline' em by means of spanking or whatsoever, is unacceptable.

The day anyone tries that with my kid, na that day pesin go know sey crae pass crase, walahi
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by olivegirl(f): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2012
jidegirl12: Next time I will definitely wound somebody in case it happened again..... What did she do? She was running up and down the stairs with other kids (doing follow the leader and screaming) .... apparently she was too loud in her own damn house can you imagine ...... Nigerian stuff.... Even my MIL knows not to cross that boundary or her return ticket will be renewed!
I always imagine h0w U l00k! U sounds mean all time. Nwe 0binne
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Stegomiah: 10:43am On Dec 23, 2012
Maka y, i will sue dat peson 2 court, i shuld be d caretaker of ma own kids, u can only discipline ma child only if i permit u.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by olivegirl(f): 10:55am On Dec 23, 2012
Never u hit ma child 0r curse them. Report 2 me. A woman called ma children bastards and I came back I beat her like a child. I told ma husband he was mad @ me. He said do u reali know de meaning 0f what she said? I answeRed 0f course, re they bastards I said n0pe.s0 I realized I messed Up, I apologized bc0s s0me1 misUsed english and misunderstood her. Belief me 2 pUsh baby is painful.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by dilbert100: 11:00am On Dec 23, 2012
nope.
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by free2ryhme: 11:02am On Dec 23, 2012
Callotti: YOU are only allowed to correct them. . .as in you are not allowed to do this or that.
Nothing more. YOU CANNOT LAY YOUR HANDS ON THEM. . . NEVER! kiss
I don't givva phock what they did.
I will treat others' kids with the same courtesy.
Any responsible co-parent or adult should do is pick up the damn phone and report to moi. . .I would do the same!

You ain't finna take our your e badu belle and e jolosi socio-economi-psycho-spiritual-demonic frustrations on any of my sweetie-pies. . . no matter how rotten you think they izzzz! kiss

It's gonna get REEEEEEEAL UGLY. . . .REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL FAST! kiss

Feel free to kill yours BECAUSE YOUR CULTURE AND TRADITION OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TEACHES YOU THE SICK AND DEPRESSING SATISFACTION FROM SLAMMING KIDS AROUND ALL BECAUSE YOU WANNO SHOW AUTHORITY! kiss

You put LAY any of your finger on ANY of 'em. . . you gonna smell 'gunpowder'. . .not pepper! Ammo make sure I CRIPPLE/MAIM ALL YA KIDS. . .PLUS YA GRANDMAMAS/PAPAS INCLUDED!

Good news. . . they ain't gonna be with 'abusive' beasts of burden. . .as long as I am alive. kiss

KIDS WILL ALWAYS MISBEHAVE BECAUSE THEY GAT NO SENSE MOST OF THE DOGGONE TIME! You teach 'em. . . not BULLY THEM!
If I feel your kids are not acting right. . . I will let you know and BANISH 'EM FROM MY HOUSE FOR EVER before I put my fingers on any of 'em! kiss

Shikena! kiss

i can see y their mental illness can make them carry gun into school and kill scores of children including teachers and mother!!!! MUMU
Re: Would You Ask Someone Else To Discipline Your Child For You? by Impulse80(m): 11:23am On Dec 23, 2012
What if its the teacher undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Wished You Were Married To Someone Else? / Something Unusually Common, But I Find.....strange. / A Husband,his Wife And Girlfriend..advice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.