Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

The Child Of God On The Top Echelon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Child Of God On The Top Echelon (330 Views)

It Is Okay To Inscribe "There Is No God" On Public Statues---indian Court / Nigerian Lady, Okemzuruoke Drags God On Twitter Over Some Bible Pages / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Child Of God On The Top Echelon by poik(m): 10:15am On Jan 01, 2020
These days, people measure spirituality by how many visions and prophecies a child of God can deliver per second, the fluidity and charisma he exhibits when preaching the word of God, or how many of his dreams come true, or even how generous or churchgoing he is.

All of this is good, very good.

But i have come to realise one thing as taught me by God in my short stint in the christian race.

The more you keep the word of God and try to walk with Him in obedience and submission, the more jealous God gets over you.

This jealousy is not the fighting-your-enemies kind of jealousy, or determined protection like saving you from near-death experiences and the like, though they are part of the package.

The kind of jealousy i am referring to is the type of rage that fills you when your girlfriend or wife goes chatting indiscriminately with some man who really makes you feel insecure, because that is exactly what happens when we derail in sin.

You get punished on the spot.

There are Bible precedences for this point.

David thought it was just enough to kill Uriah and run to God for forgiveness. God forgave him, but killed the child, and made sure he lost four sons in succession. Apostle Paul thought that with his conversion, his slate of hate against the christians would be wiped away simply because he was in God's line of duty. God not only sent a brother to show him things he must suffer for his sake, he left him with partial blindness which he suffered all his life.

God is a god of consequence. Bible says hand joined in hand, no sinner wil go unpunished. If your wrongs are judged and purged on earth here, you are the child of God on the top of the chain. Because as for each sin, there is a repercussion, and how bad it will be if it will be waiting for some people in the hereafter.

As we strive as children of God on this pathway of right, let us do our best to minimize wilful wrongdoing in this new year.

Thoughts?
Re: The Child Of God On The Top Echelon by Eviana(f): 2:27am On Jan 05, 2020
poik:
These days, people measure spirituality by how many visions and prophecies a child of God can deliver per second, the fluidity and charisma he exhibits when preaching the word of God, or how many of his dreams come true, or even how generous or churchgoing he is.

All of this is good, very good.

But i have come to realise one thing as taught me by God in my short stint in the christian race.

The more you keep the word of God and try to walk with Him in obedience and submission, the more jealous God gets over you.[i][/i]

This jealousy is not the fighting-your-enemies kind of jealousy, or determined protection like saving you from near-death experiences and the like, though they are part of the package.

The kind of jealousy i am referring to is the type of rage that fills you when your girlfriend or wife goes chatting indiscriminately with some man who really makes you feel insecure, because that is exactly what happens when we derail in sin.

You get punished on the spot.

There are Bible precedences for this point.

David thought it was just enough to kill Uriah and run to God for forgiveness. God forgave him, but killed the child, and made sure he lost four sons in succession. Apostle Paul thought that with his conversion, his slate of hate against the christians would be wiped away simply because he was in God's line of duty. God not only sent a brother to show him things he must suffer for his sake, he left him with partial blindness which he suffered all his life.

God is a god of consequence. [/b]Bible says hand joined in hand, no sinner wil go unpunished.
[b]
If your wrongs are judged and purged on earth here, you are the child of God on the top of the chain. Because as for each sin, there is a repercussion, and how bad it will be if it will be waiting for some people in the hereafter.

As we strive as children of God on this pathway of right, let us do our best to minimize wilful wrongdoing in this new year.

Thoughts?

The title is interesting.
The God you have depicted here appears tyrannical, cruel, vindictive, envious and angry.
I would like to respond to the parts I highlighted in your post.

1. That's a grave error for believing someone is spiritual based on all of the things that you mentioned. Be careful using those criteria.

Matthew 7:22-23 (KJV)

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2. David confessed, asked for forgiveness and forsook his sins...Who David had been "before" he comitted that heinous sin....and what he did "after" he acknowledged it, thus made him a "man after God's own heart." Acts 13:22 (KJV).
Paul (after his conversion) was one of the fiercest soldiers for the Christ.
The challenge that Paul prayed would be removed from him, was NOT a direct result of who he was when he ignorantly slaughtered so many Christians.
That challenge could have also caused Paul to rely on God all the more.
Actually God was extremely merciful to both men by NOT striking them dead for their sins.
Yes, they repented...BUT that does not mean that consequences will be erased for some actions.
Consequences, oftentimes, are the results of "our" actions. Because we live in a world ravaged by sin, challenges are guaranteed...unfortunate situations occur. Consequences happen...even if one is forgiven.
Ex. A Christian woman could have had a baby out-of-wedlock with a man she never married.
She committed sin...or had been living a sinful lifestyle.
However, she cofessed her sin repented, and no longer lives in that lifestyle.
The consequences of her actions resulted in a child. Now she is a single mother and life is extremely difficult because the father is not in the child's life. God has forgiven her, BUT the fact is...she has a child she has to be responsible for.

3. God is a God of mercy and justice.
Psalm 86:15 (KJV), Psalm 89:14 (KJV) & many more..
We do not receive what we really deserve...death with no chance of being reconciled to Him.

4. Comparison between earthly romantic ties (based on jealousy) and God's "desire" for restoration and reconciliation to a fallen people..is faulty.
We humans, tend to nurture a jealousy that's derived by sin...
God's "jealousy" is moreso a "longing"... Jeremiah 31:3 (KJV)
God loves His creation that much that He desires to spend eternity with us! He wants to spend time daily together. How can you know someone if you don't do so? When we sin, it separates the fullness of joy that we "could" have with Him.
But God is a God who allows us choice and freewill. If we run away from Him, He will try to "woo" us back, but He will never force us.

5. The point of blotting out of sins in people is the fact that no sin will ever rise again in the universe. Children of God must confess, ask for forgiveness and forsake the sins.
1John 1:9 (KJV)

If not, then the sins remain and the person has chosen "death" rather than "life".
No one will be on the top of the chain (not quite understanding what you meant) on earth except the Lord.
However, those who have surrendered and are obedient to the Lord...will have the priviledge of living eternally as sons & daughters of the King of Kings.....Revelation 3:21 (LJV)

1 Like

Re: The Child Of God On The Top Echelon by poik(m): 10:02am On Jan 11, 2020
Eviana:

The title is interesting.
The God you have depicted here appears tyrannical, cruel, vindictive, envious and angry.
I would like to respond to the parts I highlighted in your post.

1. That's a grave error for believing someone is spiritual based on all of the things that you mentioned. Be careful using those criteria.

Matthew 7:22-23 (KJV)

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2. David confessed, asked for forgiveness and forsook his sins...Who David had been "before" he comitted that heinous sin....and what he did "after" he acknowledged it, thus made him a "man after God's own heart." Acts 13:22 (KJV).
Paul (after his conversion) was one of the fiercest soldiers for the Christ.
The challenge that Paul prayed would be removed from him, was NOT a direct result of who he was when he ignorantly slaughtered so many Christians.
That challenge could have also caused Paul to rely on God all the more.
Actually God was extremely merciful to both men by NOT striking them dead for their sins.
Yes, they repented...BUT that does not mean that consequences will be erased for some actions.
Consequences, oftentimes, are the results of "our" actions. Because we live in a world ravaged by sin, challenges are guaranteed...unfortunate situations occur. Consequences happen...even if one is forgiven.
Ex. A Christian woman could have had a baby out-of-wedlock with a man she never married.
She committed sin...or had been living a sinful lifestyle.
However, she cofessed her sin repented, and no longer lives in that lifestyle.
The consequences of her actions resulted in a child. Now she is a single mother and life is extremely difficult because the father is not in the child's life. God has forgiven her, BUT the fact is...she has a child she has to be responsible for.

3. God is a God of mercy and justice.
Psalm 86:15 (KJV), Psalm 89:14 (KJV) & many more..
We do not receive what we really deserve...death with no chance of being reconciled to Him.

4. Comparison between earthly romantic ties (based on jealousy) and God's "desire" for restoration and reconciliation to a fallen people..is faulty.
We humans, tend to nurture a jealousy that's derived by sin...
God's "jealousy" is moreso a "longing"... Jeremiah 31:3 (KJV)
God loves His creation that much that He desires to spend eternity with us! He wants to spend time daily together. How can you know someone if you don't do so? When we sin, it separates the fullness of joy that we "could" have with Him.
But God is a God who allows us choice and freewill. If we run away from Him, He will try to "woo" us back, but He will never force us.

5. The point of blotting out of sins in people is the fact that no sin will ever rise again in the universe. Children of God must confess, ask for forgiveness and forsake the sins.
1John 1:9 (KJV)

If not, then the sins remain and the person has chosen "death" rather than "life".
No one will be on the top of the chain (not quite understanding what you meant) on earth except the Lord.
However, those who have surrendered and are obedient to the Lord...will have the priviledge of living eternally as sons & daughters of the King of Kings.....Revelation 3:21 (LJV)

For the most part, you simply repeated what i said in other words. But i appreciate your input.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Is This GOD OF Chosen?? / Firstfruits offering / Prophet Odumeje (#thelionhimself) Transforms The Life Of His Primary School Frie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.