Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row (2480 Views)

Why Nigeria High Commission Building In Ghana Was Demolished / Diplomatic Row Looms As Ghana Evicts Nigerian High Commision / Diplomatic Row Looms As South Africa Frustrates, Arrests Voluntary Returnees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Islie: 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2020
• Envoy calls for FG’s intervention

The Nigeria High Commission has been forcefully evicted from its diplomatic property in Accra.

The property located at No.10 Barnes Road, Accra, has been reallocated to Amaco Microfinance since 26 August, 2019 by Ghana’s Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources with the consent of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration.

According to a statement by Nigeria High Commissioner to Ghana, Michael Olufemi Abikoye, dated 31st December, 2019, a terse letter dated 27th December, 2019, was received from Solicitors acting on behalf of Amaco Microfinance Company Limited, Accra, “giving instructions for the High Commission to vacate its diplomatic property at No.10 Barnes Road, Accra.

“The letter further stressed that; failure to comply within stipulated time will lead to depositing the Mission’s belongings at the nearest Accra police station.” Giving the latest update on the property, Abikoye said “as at 31st December, 2019, the property has been broken into by the company and is being ransacked with the likelihood of being effectively occupied.”

Abikoye therefore, enjoined the Federal Government of Nigeria to convey appropriate response to the Ghanaian leadership as regards the reallocation and request for vacation of diplomatic property.

The High Commissioner said the letter came following the continuous violation of the diplomatic property and a formal notification that it has been reallocated to the Microfinance.

Ghana’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs claims that Nigerian Government failed to renew the property following expiration thus, “the property reverted to the state in compliance with Article 258 of Ghana’s 1992 Constitution.”

However, Abikoye expressed surprise that the reallocation was done “ without recourse to the High Commission” despite having requested severally for “a mutual resolution of the matter, affirming that Nigerian Government is examining the situation and that an appropriate directive was being awaited.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ghana-evicts-nigeria-high-commission-in-fresh-diplomatic-row/

Lalasticlala
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by KingSatan: 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2020
grin
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by qualityovenbake(m): 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
Ghana’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs claims that Nigerian Government failed to renew the property following expiration thus, “the property reverted to the state in compliance with Article 258 of Ghana’s 1992 Constitution.”

Story
However, Abikoye expressed surprise that the reallocation was done “ without recourse to the High Commission” despite having requested severally for “a mutual resolution of the matter, affirming that Nigerian Government is examining the situation and that an appropriate directive was being awaited
They failed to pay the rent, so they were evacuated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by richidinho(m): 12:32pm On Jan 01, 2020
Chai.....Microfinance Bank?

Not even Zenith Bank

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Thegeneralqueen(f): 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
Ghana of all country Nah buhari cause this nonsense angry

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
Border closure dey pepper Ghana seriously. My advice to the federal government is to empower our young graduates who wish to go into farming with soft loan to grow rice , give them improved yield, lease tractor and plough at friendly cost. Closure of border without an alternative plan would affect the masses badly.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by olajizz01(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2020
Ghana is trying hard to revenge the border closure by force,but forget say the distance between father and son no be small.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Zooposki(f): 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2020
richidinho:

Not even Zenith Bank

Hahahaha. Wetin Kenyatta no go see for Ghana.
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2020
Buhari will soon burst with pride!!! Thanks to the cabals and zombies!!!

For things to work smoothly, we need each other!!!

No country wants to feel inferior!!! Even of recent, Buhari too is claiming sovereignty undecided

His policies are creating enemity which we can really do without!!!

He has succeeded in creating division at home base, so I am not surprised with which he's doing outside the country!!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
Just because we closed our borders,So ,we don become enemy be that oo.May God save Nigeria from diplomatic troubles oo

1 Like

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Ndibunna: 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2020
I don't see anything wrong with that..
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by googi: 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
For some reason Nigeria always owe rent and salary abroad the way they do in Nigeria. There is no excuse, diplomatic immunity does not cover debtors. Some of you may remember the conflict with New York City over parking tickets.

However, the traditional relationship between Nigeria and Ghana should not have come to this.

Even if Nigeria did not show leadership, some of us expect better treatment from Ghana Government. These are not angry masses behaving recklessly.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Subduer: 3:38pm On Jan 01, 2020
Just ignore them, & close the embassy.

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Kapeter(m): 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
Why you people dey lie like this self. It wasn't Ghana that evicts Nigeria. Nigeria is using a private property own by developers, whatever happen between Nigeria embassy and the individual ghanaian property develoer is non of Ghana govt business.

This is exactly what happened to Nigeria embassy in DR Congo last year. Make una dey use better headings.

Mosy of the embassies closer to home are not generating enough to fund themselves and let's thank God that we also have Onyeoma, the worst foreign affair minister i have ever known in the history of Nigeria.

Even Abike a common Nidcom chair is outperforming Onyeoma. Tueh

1 Like

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by GreetMe(m): 4:04pm On Jan 01, 2020
richidinho:

Not even Zenith Bank

grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by richidinho(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2020
Kapeter:
Why you people dey lie like this self. It wasn't Ghana that evicts Nigeria. Nigeria is using a private property own by developers, whatever happen between Nigeria embassy and the individual ghanaian property develoer is non of Ghana govt business.

This is exactly what happened to Nigeria embassy in DR Congo last year. Make una dey use better headings.

Mosy of the embassies closer to home are not generating enough to fund themselves and let's thank God that we also have Onyeoma, the worst foreign affair minister i have ever known in the history of Nigeria.

Even Abike a common Nidcom chair is outperforming Onyeoma. Tueh

I wanted to believe you then I saw ur siggy

1 Like

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Just30: 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2020
You know that, Not even the government of Ghana can step in to prevent a private developer from collecting what is due them?
People have a right to their own property.
googi:
For some reason Nigeria always owe rent and salary abroad the way they do in Nigeria. There is no excuse, diplomatic immunity does not cover debtors. Some of you may remember the conflict with New York City over parking tickets.

However, the traditional relationship between Nigeria and Ghana should not have come to this.

Even if Nigeria did not show leadership, some of us expect better treatment from Ghana Government. These are not angry masses behaving recklessly.
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Auladimeji(m): 5:36pm On Jan 01, 2020
I told my grand father than the FG should let Lagos deal with Ghana alone.PMB will never open border

PMB heart is hardened, you guys will cry hell.Useless nation
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by APCNig: 5:41pm On Jan 01, 2020
Ghanaians want to starve to death. Just watch Major General Muhammadu Buhari's reaction to this senseless. I hope France will be able to save Ghanaians
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Kapeter(m): 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
richidinho:

I wanted to believe you then I saw ur siggy
you don't have to believe me. The truth is the truth. Onyeoma is a failure as a foreign affairs minister and Nidcom is doing a better job than his office.
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Kapeter(m): 6:09pm On Jan 01, 2020
Just30:
You know that, Not even the government of Ghana can step in to prevent a private developer from collecting what is due them?
People have a right to their own property.
they are not getting the thing because of the title. Private owner have nothing to do with government.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Ndibunna: 6:13pm On Jan 01, 2020
Kapeter:
you don't have to believe me. The truth is the truth. Onyeoma is a failure as a foreign affairs minister and Nidcom is doing a better job than his office.

Story.
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by alizma: 6:21pm On Jan 01, 2020
Nothing is wrong in that
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by mamapidgin: 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
Ghana dey vex
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by LadyExcellency: 8:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
Kapeter:

Stop passing the buck, the presidency cut Foreign Affairs Ministry's budget and you are here blaming Onyema for nonpayment of Embassy rented quarters.

You are just a bigot
Re: Ghana Evicts Nigeria High Commission In Fresh Diplomatic Row by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2020
Wetin dey vex me be say they reallocated our Diplomatic property to microfinance bank not even a commercial bank.

And the stupid microfinance bank had the intrepidity to threaten to throw our property out.

All these with the knowledge of Ghanian foreign ministry, and in extension, the Ghanaian govt.

If I were the President, I would take Ghana on this.

What insolence!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help Stop Nigerian Church’s From Taking Hardworking Nigerians January Salary / Breaking News! SE Is On Same Level Of Poverty With NW And NE. / Controversy As Edo APC Makes Mockery Of Governor Obaseki’s Childlessness (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.