Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' (1197 Views)

Ukraine Must Join The EU: Zelenskiyy Remains Defiant / U.S. Supreme Court May Not Have Final Say In Election, Despite Trump Threat / Ali Khamenei: US Middle East Plan Will Die Before Trump - Iran's Supreme Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by EcoBrick: 4:33pm On Jan 01, 2020
https://en.radiofarda.com/a/khamenei-defiant-after-trump-threat-says-you-can-t-do-anything-/30355026.html

Iran's Supreme Leader has reacted defiantly to threats about the consequences of Tuesday's attack on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad by Shiite militant groups supported by Tehran.

Following the attack on the embassy, President Donald Trump said in a tweet on Tuesday December 31, " Iran will be held fully responsible for lives lost, or damage incurred, at any of our facilities. They will pay a very BIG PRICE! This is not a Warning, it is a Threat."

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei 's official website carried the following statement on Wednesday January 1, responding to American warnings by adding Trump's name in brackets to make the message clearer: "That guy [Donald Trump] has tweeted that we see Iran responsible for the events in Baghdad and we will respond to Iran. First, there is no damn thing you can do, and second, If you were logical —which you’re not— you’d see that your crimes in Iraq, Afghanistan… have made nations hate you."

Also in a speech on Wednesday, referring to the US attack on Iraqi militia bases in Iraq and Syria after an attack in which a U.S. contractor was killed, Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei charged that "The U.S. is taking revenge on Hashd, al-Sha'bi for defeating ISIS.”

Khamenei further repeated old conspiracy theories advanced by Iran that ISIS was created by the United States! "Look at what the U.S. is doing in Iraq and Syria. They’re taking revenge on Hashd al-Sha’bi for defeating ISIS. Since Hashd al-Sha’bi crippled and destroyed ISIS—which the U.S. had created—they’re taking revenge. The Iranian government the Iranian nation and I strongly condemn the U.S.’s malice," said the ayatollah.

Earlier, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo also pointed fingers at Iran for the attack on the embassy, posting pictures of Iranian proxies among the demonstrators outside the embassy. Pompeo charged that the attack on Tuesday, "was orchestrated by terrorists."

Meanwhile, Pompeo wrote in another tweet that the attack on the embassy "should not be confused with the legitimate efforts of the Iraqi protesters who have been in the streets since October working for the people of Iraq to end the corruption exported there by the Iranian regime."

Khamenei also said in his remarks that "If the Islamic Republic decides to challenge and fight, it will do so unequivocally. We’re not after wars, but we strongly defend the Iranian nation’s interests, dignity and glory. If anyone threatens that, we will unhesitatingly confront and strike them."

Interestingly, Trump also told reports later on Tuesday after threatening Iran that he does not want, or foresee, war with Iran. Responding to a question on the possibility of tensions escalating into a war with Iran, Trump told reporters at his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida: “Do I want to? No. I want to have peace. I like peace. And Iran should want to have peace more than anybody. So, I don’t see that happening.”

Iran's foreign ministry also summoned an official from the Swiss embassy, which represents U.S. interests in Iran, to complain about American "warmongering" in neighboring Iraq, the foreign ministry said Wednesday.

"The Swiss charge d'affaires was summoned to the foreign ministry... over stances of American officials with regards to developments in Iraq," the ministry said.

"The Islamic Republic of Iran conveyed its strong protest... over warmongering remarks made by American officials which are in violation of the United Nations Charter," it added.

The exchanges between Trump and Khamenei takes place while both leaders face more problems in their domestic politics. Khamenei in particular, has still not recovered from massive nationwide protests in Iran during which security forces reportedly killed 1,500 protesters who were angry about financial problems, mismanagement and corruption.

Incidentally, while Khamenei's website says he made the Wednesday speech among thousands of nurses marking the National Nursing Day, Iranian nursing association "The House of Nurses" has announced a boycott of the official ceremony because the Islamic Republic government and its Ministry of Health have neglected to address the problems Iranian nurses are struggling with.

Meanwhile, one of the most critical comments among hundreds of reactions on social media to the attack on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad, was posted by Professor Sadeq Zibakalam of the University of Tehran who wrote: "Iran has been using a fallacy for 40 years to justify its anti-US policy." He reminded that the fallacy was once again used by President Hassan Rouhani on December 31 when he said, "America wants Iran to surrender before sitting at the negotiating table but Iran has resisted heroically." Zibakalam asked Rouhani when and where the United States has said such a thing.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by plainol(m): 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2020
USA is just like the old elephant all animals are waiting for to die.

Any show of tiredness and the whole kingdom carnivores are on it.

In a nutshell, US shouldn't try to attack Iran cause Iran can cripple it and make other countries join to feast on it.

Trump shouldn't be the end of America. America shouldn't fall into this trap.

Iran is not Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan or Pakistan.

Iran is US mate. They will decimate US.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by kinibigdeal(m): 5:25pm On Jan 01, 2020
plainol:

In a nutshell, US shouldn't try to attack Iran cause Iran can cripple it and make other countries join to feast on it.

Iran will cripple US. You so dumb

8 Likes

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2020
I blame Obama for what Iran has turned into.
If he had been decisive like Trump, things would have been different.
In my own opinion, Obama created Isis, strengthen terrorist States like Iran and tried to force gayism down the throat of everyone
Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by Righteousness89(m): 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
plainol:

Iran deciminate USA
Are u on Earth?

2 Likes

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by leofab(f): 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
Righteousness89:

Iran deciminate USA
Are u on Earth?
you are not aware of present happenings..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by Olominira(m): 3:07am On Jan 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

Iran deciminate USA
Are u on Earth?
Trump wouldn't fall for that, war with Iran would cripple global economy. The entire oil production in the Middle East would be brought down to zero output.

1 Like

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by Olominira(m): 3:25am On Jan 02, 2020
rafhell:
In my own opinion, Obama created Isis, strengthen terrorist States like Iran and tried to force gayism down the throat of everyone

I don't know why many people are supporting the arrogant behavior of the United States. That you are a powerful state shouldn't make you destabilizing other kingdoms. It makes no sense when several people are still living in poverty; in Eastern European, Africa, Asia and even in the United States itself.

US has positioned itself in such a way that they must continuously spend on military and beat all their perceived enemies' military might. Because, several countries who feel US must pay for their atrocities would continue to develop their military with US in mind.

North Korea, Iran, and several others are under economic sanctions for developing nuclear weapons because it violates UN rules. However, the United States launched Space Force, a big violation of United Nation's use of outer space and no one has even questioned that.

Now, if other countries follow suit, they'd be placed on serious economic sanctions. This is a serious injustice.

3 Likes

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by dermmy(m): 7:33am On Jan 02, 2020
Righteousness89:

Iran deciminate USA
Are u on Earth?

If you understood why Mr Trump decided not to strike Iran when America's global hawk drone was shot down last year June then you will see the truth. Iran is in a better position in that region, oh yea U.S is the most powerful country on earth? But is America ready to be bogged down by another enervating war like that of Iraq?

America spent 1 trillion dollar servicing that war add hundreds of american troops died in a needless war. Is the world ready to witness another oil crisis/shock? Can't you see that European countries have started using their heads they won't allow america to put them into trouble this time. look at the way Germany refused U.S plea to join her naval coalition in the gulf.

If Mr Trump does not see the consequences of the aftermath of a strike on Iran then he should go ahead to do that. Remember the Persians are even ready for war they don't care about whatever happens but i know if Mr Trump is not using his head to think ordinary Americans can think they won't allow their children to die in any needless war anymore, it happend in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan but they won't allow it repeat itself this time.

Iran knows all these that's why they have the courage to tell America it can't do anything. And the truth is America can't do nothing because they know the consequences and Iran knows the consequences too that is why they won't attack America unprovoked.

Critical thinking is needed here una go dey brag about U.S might why didn't U.S win the Vietnam war with all her might? Why did U.S pull out of Vietnam with all her might? Why didn't America win Iraq war within a week and avoid casuality with all her might? Why didn't NATO decimate Afghan Taliban with all their might? They have spent 17yrs in Aghanistan without any success now they are negotiating with the Taliban cause they are tired and everyone wants to pull out. War na toy?

Make una dey think o

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by Olominira(m): 7:47am On Jan 02, 2020
dermmy:
embarassed

If you understood why Mr Trump decided not to strike Iran when America's global hawk drone was shot down last year June then you will see the truth. Iran is in a better position in that region, oh yea U.S is the most powerful country on earth? But is America ready to be bogged down by another enervating war like that of Iraq?

America spent 1 trillion dollar servicing that war amd hundreds of american troops died in a needless war. Is the world ready to witness another oil crisis/shock? Can't you see that European countries have started using their heads they won't allow america to put them into trouble this time. look at the way Germany refused U.S plea to join her naval coalition in the gulf.

If Mr Trump does not see the consequences of the aftermath of a strike on Iran then he should go ahead to do that. Remember the Persians are even ready for war they don't care what happens but i know if Mr Trump is not using his head to think ordinary Americans can think they won't allow their children to die in any needless war anymore, it happend in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan but they won't allow it repeat itself
this time.

Iran knows all these that's why they have the courage to tell America it can't do anything. And the truth is America can't do nothing because they know the consequences and Iran knows the consequences too that is why it won't attack America unprovoked.

Critical thinking is needed here una go dey brag about U.S might why didn't U.S win the Vietnam war with all her might. Why didn't America win Iraq war within a week and avoid casuality with all her might? Why didn't NATO decimate Afghan Taliban with all their might? They have spent 17yrs in Aghanistan without any success now they are negotiating with Taliban.

Make una dey think o

Some American fans wouldn't agree with your intelligent analysis, they believe almighty US would just destroy Iran within minutes. They, including Trump fail to realize, Iraq didn't have a modern military when they invaded the country. Few loyalists, no allies, no military technology and so on. On the other hand, Iran has a good military, army and technology, they have strong friends China, Russia and others.

A war with Iran would cripple European economy within days. Strait of Hormes would be totally blocked. Oil production and shipments in the Middle East would be crippled. Trump is just foaming, he dares not attack Iran. Besides, the same Trump has caused mistrust from some of the US allies.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 02, 2020
rafhell:

Oh! They're beginning to get the picture. grin

Touch Iran and Earth will freeze. They think this is 1990 and the age of propaganda.

Silent Enemies of Amerika all around the globe who have suffered one form of oppression or subversion from the "District of Criminals" are only waiting for a spark. grin

I am anxious to watch the Fall of Amerika on T.V as a payback for all the atrocities she perpetrated on extraordinary scale till date since WW2 - while sipping a cup of Lipton. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by proxillin(m): 9:43am On Jan 02, 2020
Olominira:

Trump wouldn't fall for that, war with Iran would cripple global economy. The entire oil production in the Middle East would be brought down to zero output.
a war with iran will stop outflow of oil from iran...it will make iran, america, nigeria, kuwait, saudi sell more oil...use ur brain...

global economy will not shake..mr oga
Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by proxillin(m): 9:45am On Jan 02, 2020
Zoharariel:

Oh! They're beginning to get the picture. grin

Touch Iran and Earth will freeze. They think this is 1990 and the age of propaganda.

Silent Enemies of Amerika all around the globe who have suffered one form of oppression or subversion from the "District of Criminals" are only waiting for a spark. grin

I am anxious to watch the Fall of Amerika on T.V as a payback for all the atrocities she perpetrated on extraordinary scale till date since WW2 - while sipping a cup of Lipton. grin

earth will freeze...i remember hearing the same from sadam husein supporters...now..where r they?

saudi alone can deal with iran...dont even add israel oooo....wait...kuwait...no...dont mention usa...

what can russia do? nothing...cuz putin and trump are paddi paddi

2 Likes

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by proxillin(m): 9:46am On Jan 02, 2020
my nigerian muslim brothers sef...they hate shites in nigeria..but support iran...even saudi their father want iran destroyed.

life can be funny at times

1 Like

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by Olominira(m): 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2020
proxillin:

a war with iran will stop outflow of oil from iran...it will make iran, america, nigeria, kuwait, saudi sell more oil...use ur brain...

global economy will not shake..mr oga
You're right about Nigeria making money and even Russia but the main oil suppliers would be cut off. Don't you know where strait of hormus is? Nigeria and others wouldn't be able to make up the volume in the international markets. This would immediately set the global economy into recession.

1 Like

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by Olominira(m): 2:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
proxillin:

earth will freeze...i remember hearing the same from sadam husein supporters...now..where r they?

saudi alone can deal with iran...dont even add israel oooo....wait...kuwait...no...dont mention usa...

I didn't see this comment earlier, I wouldn't have responded to you in the comment above. Many of you guys have little knowledge about international politics, and worst thing is that you hardly read or listen to international political analysts.

If Trump is Putin paddi paddi then, Obama must be his blood brother. Russia is desperately withdrawing its dollars, cutting ties with US, opposing and crippling US activities in Venezuela, Syria, Libya, DRC. And recently, he stationed 2 supersonic nuclear bombers in South Africa, getting more engaged in Africa more than ever before all because of the Trump and US. Please stop displaying ignorance here.

I still maintain the fact that, Iran dropped the US drone with Russian technology. Iran does not have such radar that could detect objects at such heights. US would be engaging Russia in Iran. Iran is not Iraq. Trump maybe dumped along with his fans however, United States has intelligent war analysts.

3 Likes

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 02, 2020
Olominira:

I didn't see this comment earlier, I wouldn't have responded to you in the comment above. Many of you guys have little knowledge about international politics, and worst thing is that you hardly read or listen to international political analysts.

If Trump is Putin paddi paddi then, Obama must be his blood brother. Russia is desperately withdrawing its dollars, cutting ties with US, opposing and crippling US activities in Venezuela, Syria, Libya, DRC. And recently, he stationed 2 supersonic nuclear bombers in South Africa, getting more engaged in Africa more than ever before all because of the Trump and US. Please stop displaying ignorance here.

I still maintain the fact that, Iran dropped the US drone with Russian technology. Iran does not have such radar that could detect objects at such heights. US would be engaging Russia in Iran. Iran is not Iraq. Trump maybe dumped along with his fans however, United States has intelligent war analysts.

You still made a mistake of responding to his comment. The last time I replied or responded to posts or comments of brain-dead nonentities was prolly in 2015.

Majority of them are secondary school children in their early 20s. There is one of them currently who doesn't breath unless he mentions my moniker. I just ignore his mentions.

The era of using my time & energy to educating incorrigible ignorant assholes on Nairaland ended a long time ago.

Now, I just leave them to wallow in their blissful ignorance.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by marvin906(m): 11:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
proxillin:

don't ever repeat this statement that Saudi Arabia will defeat Iran ..
you can say anything buh never repeat this statement..
ordinary Egypt will give Saudi hell not to talk of iran..
because of all those weapons Saudi Arabia are buying that they can't even operate you think you they are powerful..
ordinary hothis in yemen they give them hell..
Saudi Arabia is afraid of iran and they can't wait for that country to burn
Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by panafrican(m): 1:51am On Jan 03, 2020
No war.

1 Like

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by Meekha(m): 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
Anyone here?? ☁�☁☁�☁�☁
☁�☁☁�☁☁☁
☁����☁�☁
☁�☁☁�☁�☁
☁�☁☁�☁�☁
��������
��������
��������
��������
��������
Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by hotwax: 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
marvin906:

don't ever repeat this statement that Saudi Arabia will defeat Iran ..
you can say anything buh never repeat this statement..
ordinary Egypt will give Saudi hell not to talk of iran..
because of all those weapons Saudi Arabia are buying that they can't even operate you think you they are powerful..
ordinary hothis in yemen they give them hell..
Saudi Arabia is afraid of iran and they can't wait for that country to burn

yemen is civil war...saudi is only financing their guys there...

you are the one keeping those weapons for them..so u r sure they can't use it...

saudi has preparing for iran since...

saudi is fully armed... if they are allowed to fight...saudi will destroy them..they have money...money wins war..
Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by Temple1288(m): 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
He can't do anything! He is powerless!

No his mouth brought one of his Generals down.. America will feed more to the birds. It looks this man is still learning.
Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by marvin906(m): 3:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
hotwax:

yemen is civil war...saudi is only financing their guys there...

you are the one keeping those weapons for them..so u r sure they can't use it...

saudi has preparing for iran since...

saudi is fully armed... if they are allowed to fight...saudi will destroy them..they have money...money wins war..

the same Saudi that couldn't ditect a drone attack..
smh
Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:01am On Jan 04, 2020
dermmy:

America spent 1 trillion dollar servicing that war add hundreds of american troops died in a needless war. Is the world ready to witness another oil crisis/shock? Can't you see that European countries have started using their heads they won't allow america to put them into trouble this time. look at the way Germany refused U.S plea to join her naval coalition in the gulf.

If Mr Trump does not see the consequences of the aftermath of a strike on Iran then he should go ahead to do that. Remember the Persians are even ready for war they don't care about whatever happens but i know if Mr Trump is not using his head to think ordinary Americans can think they won't allow their children to die in any needless war anymore, it happend in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan but they won't allow it repeat itself this time.

Iran knows all these that's why they have the courage to tell America it can't do anything. And the truth is America can't do nothing because they know the consequences and Iran knows the consequences too that is why they won't attack America unprovoked.

Critical thinking is needed here una go dey brag about U.S might why didn't U.S win the Vietnam war with all her might? Why did U.S pull out of Vietnam with all her might? Why didn't America win Iraq war within a week and avoid casuality with all her might? Why didn't NATO decimate Afghan Taliban with all their might? They have spent 17yrs in Aghanistan without any success now they are negotiating with the Taliban cause they are tired and everyone wants to pull out. War na toy?

Make una dey think o

Global analyst grin
Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by thundafire: 5:52am On Jan 04, 2020
dermmy:

Make una dey think o
but USA just did dat strikes der head of dey army
Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by dermmy(m): 6:53am On Jan 04, 2020
thundafire:
but USA just did dat strikes der head of dey army

America had been looking for a way to get back at Iran after Iran shot down her drone last year but she has been so confused about how to do it. All she kept doing was sending additional troops and equipment to middle east. Isn't this an act of cowardice? Striking a military General on another country's soil. It's a gross violation of intl law and the violation of Iraq sovereign airspace.

If it was Iran that did this the whole world would start shouting Iran is a terrorist state this and that now that America has done it I think Iran is now free to attack Americans in the region with impunity remember Iran's military does not need to do this itself they have thousands of proxies that can help them achieve such in that region.

I was even expecting U.S warplanes to fly over Iran and strike military targets but only U.S knows what is restraining her, may be Mr Trump does not want innocent civilians to die according to what he said last year. lolssss

This is the beginning of chaos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Khamenei Defiant After Trump Threat, Says 'you Can't Do Anything' by dermmy(m): 7:02am On Jan 04, 2020
OZAOEKPE:

Global analyst grin

wink

(1) (Reply)

"I Won By Valid Votes"- Trump Issues Press Conference / Cia Director Gina Haspel Death - CIA Director Gina Haspel Found Dead / Chinese Ships And Radar Boost Navies Of Pakistan, Bangladesh And Sri Lanka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.