Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

My Awkward Fiancé - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Awkward Fiancé (3355 Views)

Twin Sisters Impregnated By Their Mother's Fiancé In Nasarawa, Welcome Babies / My Fiancé Poured Hot Stew On Me After Discovering He Had Low Sperm Count: Lady / I Destroyed My Sister Relationship With Her Fiancé And She Lost Her Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Awkward Fiancé by frenchtoast(f): 9:47pm On Jan 01, 2020
She technically isn't bothering anyone, she has social anxiety so it's a trait that stems from a psychological issue and not her just trying to be 'difficult'.

Give her a break and stop putting pressure on her all for your own comfortability.
Re: My Awkward Fiancé by KanwuliaExtra: 9:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
You have admitted she is socially awkward.
She just needs to go out a little more.
Loving her means accepting her the way you found her and loved her.
Just make sure she does not have an underlying mental disorder.
She should be encouraged to get a job to develop some social skills.
Simple therapy.

Next time, invite her sibling or familiar relative of hers' to go with her to large gatherings.
That should help her to break the ice a little.

A time will come, you will miss this side of her.
People do change you know.

4 Likes

Re: My Awkward Fiancé by kushercain: 9:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
ginaolo:
You don’t understand
I love her very much

I just don’t know if we are compatible socially. That is the only fault with her. But I didn’t know if this fault will be so huge to the extent that it will affect our marriage . She has social anxiety to the extreme. Very extreme.

Guy it's not a fault abeg it's who she is. Aswr you dey vex me like this angry

2 Likes

Re: My Awkward Fiancé by 1stNumeroUno: 10:57pm On Jan 01, 2020
Dear Op, I think you have to 'know' your woman. Who's she, what's her past, what is her personality etc. If you don't get answer to all these, you'll only struggle until you either break her or loose her.
Re: My Awkward Fiancé by yeyeosoronga: 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2020
Perhaps it's time for her to get some psychological therapy. Social anxiety is truly a debilitating disease that can affect the quality of life of those who suffer from it. It's not something to be joked with.
Perhaps hers is still a mild one, but if it progresses it will become something else.
Let her go if you cannot offer your support .
Re: My Awkward Fiancé by baby124: 2:22am On Jan 02, 2020
She will default to factory reset when married. Just free her and find someone more social because being social matters to you.

1 Like

Re: My Awkward Fiancé by addicted268(f): 8:13am On Jan 02, 2020
ginaolo:
So i complained about my fiancé some months ago in a different thread. She is super reserved and quiet but I really think it’s going to be a problem despite how much I really really love her.

So today as per new year we had family gathering at my friends house, I asked her to come and surprisingly she agreed. One thing I will commend her about is that she has been trying to make an effort to interact more with my family friends despite her social anxiety. So she came, but the whole time she just sat there without even trying to communicate or say anything. I kept on trying to budge her so that she will say a word or two, she tried but she’s just very socially awkward. My family and friends also tried to join her in conversations but she just looked like she didn’t want to be there. We have two very different upbringing, so I think that’s part of why she finds it hard to relate. I know my family will gossip about her and I don’t want her to go through any pain. She’s not a proud girl, she’s just very very quiet around people she doesn’t know. Despite my love for her, should I let her go because of this issue? I’m deeply confused. Please advice me as I want to marry this girl this year.

Hi OP,I understand your fiancé because this is exactly who I am.I dread meetings and gatherings and get sweaty nervous fingers at parties(I almost fainted when my colleagues threw me a surprise party).introverts are usually very comfortable in their own quiet world but I married a very big extrovert.
In d 11years I ve known him he has never complained to me about my socially awkward nature but I know that by association, I am better now than I was 11years back.
What I'm saying is that if you marry her n get your mind off her nature,she will adjust with time around your people(not fully though cos I don't think I can ever be an extrovert). But if you keep criticizing her to her face she ll be awkward towards you and uncomfortable around you.
So its left for you to decide if you can live with that without making her delve further into her "awkward nature" .

2 Likes

Re: My Awkward Fiancé by Ginaz(f): 8:16am On Jan 02, 2020
E just be like say make I slap the guy. Such a nag!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Awkward Fiancé by DrayZee: 8:38am On Jan 02, 2020
Guy, the fact that you are here asking the same stupid question is really disturbing. Maybe you should leave her alone. It's like that's what you want to do but you're using all these excuses to seek validation. Because I don't understand why other people's opinion on your fiancé is so important to you.

2 Likes

Re: My Awkward Fiancé by DrayZee: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2020
addicted268:

Hi OP,I understand your fiancé because this is exactly who I am.I dread meetings and gatherings and get sweaty nervous fingers at parties(I almost fainted when my colleagues threw me a surprise party).introverts are usually very comfortable in their own quiet world but I married a very big extrovert.
In d 11years I ve known him he has never complained to me about my socially awkward nature but I know that by association, I am better now than I was 11years back.
What I'm saying is that if you marry her n get your mind off her nature,she will adjust with time around your people(not fully though cos I don't think I can ever be an extrovert). But if you keep criticizing her to her face she ll be awkward towards you and uncomfortable around you.
So its left for you to decide if you can live with that without making her delve further into her "awkward nature" .

If you know the number of people that have told him this same thing before. Yet he's here again asking the same stupid question.

Thank you, at least you're a real life example.

2 Likes

Re: My Awkward Fiancé by Triniti(m): 9:23am On Jan 02, 2020
ginaolo:
We have been together for a year plus. For how long will this continue? When you marry, in my culture you marry the family and it’s very important that you can relate with each other’s family well. I’m just concerned honestly.
Dude you need to grow up, y’all should stop bringing in culture into everything. She’s a very reserved person, deal with it or let the poor girl be

4 Likes

Re: My Awkward Fiancé by thorpido(m): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2020
ginaolo:
We have been together for a year plus. For how long will this continue? When you marry, in my culture you marry the family and it’s very important that you can relate with each other’s family well. I’m just concerned honestly.
Taking an appraisal of your relationship,I think you should let this girl go.
She's not going to change(or maybe just little) and 'what your family and friends think about her' matter so much to you it will likely affect your marriage.
They won't understand her nature(maybe just the enlightened ones will do) and think she's a snob or doesn't like your family.That will bring about gossips and stir up unnecessary hatred.

3 Likes

Re: My Awkward Fiancé by Coded2(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2020
ginaolo:
So i complained about my fiancé some months ago in a different thread. She is super reserved and quiet but I really think it’s going to be a problem despite how much I really really love her.

So today as per new year we had family gathering at my friends house, I asked her to come and surprisingly she agreed. One thing I will commend her about is that she has been trying to make an effort to interact more with my family friends despite her social anxiety. So she came, but the whole time she just sat there without even trying to communicate or say anything. I kept on trying to budge her so that she will say a word or two, she tried but she’s just very socially awkward. My family and friends also tried to join her in conversations but she just looked like she didn’t want to be there. We have two very different upbringing, so I think that’s part of why she finds it hard to relate. I know my family will gossip about her and I don’t want her to go through any pain. She’s not a proud girl, she’s just very very quiet around people she doesn’t know. Despite my love for her, should I let her go because of this issue? I’m deeply confused. Please advice me as I want to marry this girl this year.
it is normal just encourage her when u have made her ur wife things will change
Re: My Awkward Fiancé by jamesbawa(m): 10:09am On Jan 02, 2020
ginaolo:
Dude, just let her go.

That's just exactly how I am. Wish I could find someone like her
Re: My Awkward Fiancé by jamesbawa(m): 10:18am On Jan 02, 2020
kushercain:

Guy it's not a fault abeg it's who she is. Aswr you dey vex me like this angry
Forget the mumu...
Re: My Awkward Fiancé by jamesbawa(m): 10:19am On Jan 02, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:
You have admitted she is socially awkward.
She just needs to go out a little more.
Loving her means accepting her the way you found her and loved her.
Just make sure she does not have an underlying mental disorder.
She should be encouraged to get a job to develop some social skills.
Simple therapy.

Next time, invite her sibling or familiar relative of hers' to go with her to large gatherings.
That should help her to break the ice a little.

A time will come, you will miss this side of her.
People do change you know.
She doesn't have a mental disorder, she's just very introverted

1 Like

Re: My Awkward Fiancé by Adewumi275(f): 12:35pm On Jan 02, 2020
U're taking her to meet ur family for the very first time, so u expect her to be talking like parrot abi undecided
Re: My Awkward Fiancé by craleonic: 1:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
ginaolo:
You don’t understand
I love her very much

I just don’t know if we are compatible socially. That is the only fault with her. But I didn’t know if this fault will be so huge to the extent that it will affect our marriage . She has social anxiety to the extreme. Very extreme.

Oga, please leave her for someone who is okay with her nature. This is the 2nd time you are complaining about this on here. You will just end up making her life very difficult if you both get married.
Re: My Awkward Fiancé by Yohans(m): 1:28pm On Jan 02, 2020
Xavi2019:
As you can see she is obviously making some efforts into becoming a more social person, if you truly love her it's your duty to help her.
Just understand and help her.
Btw, is she always quiet too when you two are alone? or she's just quiet when other people are present?

I am a quiet person too and find it hard to mix/socialize especially when i find myself in the midst of strange faces, or in official gatherings, but when i am at home, in the company of loved ones I am an enigma grin grin grin
U are just like me and I like his kind of woman(reserved type)

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Train 2020 - Must Watch / :::::::: : I Regret Coming To This World As A Girl & Not A Boy ::: / How Do I Avoid This Teenager Girl Pleaseee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.