Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 (37500 Views)

Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off / Community Policing Takes Off In Lagos As Sanwo-olu Inaugurates Operation Teams / Police Takes Nasiru Gawuna Into Custody For Threat To Public Peace - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by klax(m): 8:48am On Jan 02, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
This careless talker. Ugwuanyi was the first to initiate that. Be informed

He initiated it yes and what happened next Bro pls always speak the truth stop allowing tribe issue bothering you. Our governors and political leaders from the East are nonentity politically take it or burst it.

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by GMbuharii: 9:04am On Jan 02, 2020
What kind of name is this, Amotekun?

Well, maybe I should help me onesy with a sentence:

"All coneheaded structures are sophisticated Amotekuns."

"An Amotekuns issa a potential mining industrialist"

Babu,inaaa..let me call am for lzaa pirst

grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Nik77: 9:04am On Jan 02, 2020
Dedetwo:

This is the usual way Yari.ba people ferment trouble and when it morphs into war only turn around ask who started it. I simply congratulate you.

1) In this photo taken on Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2019, a group of hunters gather at a camp in Maiduguri Nigeria. Thousands of Nigerian hunters, armed with charmed amulets and intimate knowledge of harsh terrain, are preparing an offensive against the Boko Haram extremists who have ravaged the northeast for a decade, calling it "high time" they help soldiers end the deadly insurgency. (AP Photo/Haruna Umar)

2) FILE - In this Wednesday Nov. 25, 2014 file photo, hunters gather during a meeting in Yolo, Nigeria. Thousands of Nigerian hunters, armed with charmed amulets and intimate knowledge of harsh terrain, are preparing an offensive against the Boko Haram extremists who have ravaged the northeast for a decade, calling it "high time" they help soldiers end the deadly insurgency. (AP Photo/Sunday Alamba, File)

Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by adekolaelect(m): 9:20am On Jan 02, 2020
thatigboman:
what's the difference? Your afonja police will be armed to the teeth and trained by FBI?
I beg stop unnecessary argument here !!!Tell your governors to organise yours and let see how it will be. There is different BTW Bush hunters and inter states joint security forces .ok

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by LZAA: 9:28am On Jan 02, 2020
GMbuharii:

Well, maybe I should help me onesy with a sentence:

"All coneheaded structures are sophisticated Amotekuns."

"An Amotekuns issa a potential mining industrialist"

Babu,inaaa..let me call am for lzaa pirst

grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by gaskiyamagana: 9:30am On Jan 02, 2020
Hope they will not be collecting #50 or #100 from the motorists like Nigerian Police and road safety officers.
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Aarenaija: 9:35am On Jan 02, 2020
designking:

It means Leopard
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Awoleesu(m): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2020
matrixme:

It is a Yoruba word for the leopard. Literally translated One who knows as much as the Lion Tiger.

O kare lae!
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Gtuns(m): 9:48am On Jan 02, 2020
updatechange:
Amotekun...! Sabi reach Tiger grin

Mad oooh. Which kain translation be dis one grin
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by OlawaleBammie: 9:52am On Jan 02, 2020
Rekhina:
Amotekun in my Agbor language means" penis juice that has soured"

Meleszenawi grin cheesy

And pls how do you know a soured penis juice??
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Venerable612(m): 9:55am On Jan 02, 2020
matrixme:

It is a Yoruba word for the leopard. Literally translated One who knows as much as the Lion.

Well said, but Ekun is translated English, Tiger. A tiger is also translated Ogidan.

Lion on the hand is translated KINIUN in Yoruba.

Amotekun - Leopard basically.

But this announcement is incomplete. I believe their Uniforms, Identity and relationship with other security forces should also be disclosed for proper guidance.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by AmazingELixir: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2020
matrixme:

It is a Yoruba word for the leopard. Literally translated One who knows as much as the Lion.

The name is quite befitting "Leopard" as in Afonja leopard claws grin
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Stanzar7: 10:01am On Jan 02, 2020
Gandollaar:
The security outfit is to check activities of herdsmen not to kill the business of their kit and kin.

Because even their governors needs those organs for their own ritual
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Stanzar7: 10:10am On Jan 02, 2020
gaskiyamagana:
Hope they will not be collecting #50 or #100 from the motorists like Nigerian Police and road safety officers.

Its an arm of a typical Nigeria gov to increase his pocket revenue as they will device a means of extortion
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 02, 2020
Una neva know say the countri is already disbanded; hisbah popo up north and amontekun down south with a centre too clueless or weak to stop the madness...it's a question of time now
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by BreconHills(m): 10:28am On Jan 02, 2020
Gandollaar:
Their SE counterparts actually pioneered this. They called theirs FOREST GUARDS and they have since assumed duty.

This isnt true.
Firstly the Forest guard has not taken off and could not have taken off because modalities for community policing were not yet worked out. https://m.guardian.ng/politics/southeast-governors-and-forest-guards-experiment/

Secondly, the forest guard is aimed at renegade herdsmen. The community/state ( in small letter 's') is integrated into Federal police through shared resources such as vehicles and access to police communication channels and it targets all forms of insecurity especially kidnapping and armed robbery. The Federal government rightly or wrongly does not see such forces as an answer to renegade herdsmen. Its view is that ranching with benefits will solve the problem. Until the SE states come to agreement with the FG view, they will not have access to the FG communication channels and shared resources. Whether this is right or wrong depends on where you sit. But to say the Forest Guard represents a community/state police intervention is to say the same for OPC which is clearly not true.

Sometimes approximation can be an enemy of progress. Because at some stage, the news that will emerge next will be that the FG has refused the SE or withdrawn permission whereas the scheme has not even commenced in the SE due to differences that exist between the SE governors and the FG.

There are still bridges to cross.
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Gforce2019: 11:30am On Jan 02, 2020
Yoruba has done their own regional security there's no noise but if Igbo people will try this regional security organization, debate go start.

Wetin consign me with nyamiri mata sef. Abeg I dey canteen dey eat Amala and ewedu dis morning..jobless youths, food is ready
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Insectkiller: 11:47am On Jan 02, 2020
updatechange:

Lolz!
grin
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Insectkiller: 11:56am On Jan 02, 2020
Where is the South eastern governor's??

Especially d Kerosene drinker..
Can't they emulate this good move eventhough is long overdue..

Atleast they are starting from somewhere..

Igbo isi ndi-iro igbo
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by orisa37: 1:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
Fayemi is Chairman of the Governors Forum, Good. We, I mean the SW SE, CS & SS wish to know your Opinion Sir as to how easy it was for 200+ Bokoharam Fulanis to suddenly, surreptitiously and audaciously occupy a whole people's Village in Akoko North of ONDO STATE?
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Cool4Naija(m): 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
thatigboman:
what's the difference? Your afonja police will be armed to the teeth and trained by FBI?

Append "Senseless" to your name.
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Fash20: 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
Gandollaar:
The security outfit is to check activities of herdsmen not to kill the business of their kit and kin.

I think its Cheetah

There is no tiger in Nigeria so, Ekun is Leopard smiley
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by seanwilliam(m): 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
matrixme:

as much as tiger is the appropriate translation bro.. kinniun is lion, ekun is tiger
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by vicfajeze: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2020
designking:
LEOPARD
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by NGpatriot: 4:26pm On Jan 02, 2020
And this comedian formed his own police..

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by staaari: 4:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
Fash20:

I think its Cheetah

There is no tiger in Nigeria so, Ekun is Leopard smiley

Very interesting. Since we don't have Ekun in Africa, I wonder how our fathers is using this as reference(Amo-Tekun)

I tend to agree by 70% chance that our fathers meant cheetah to be Amotekun and Leopard to be Ekun.

Cheetah and Leopard are so similar except for few differences like speed, color and what time they hunt.

However, more research need to be done to ascertain the truth if Amotekun is really Cheetah or Leopard.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by thatigboman: 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
Cool4Naija:

Append "Senseless" to your name.
that's ur middle name
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by luluosas(m): 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
Regional collaboration, I think this is great
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by Fash20: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2020
staaari:

Very interesting. Since we don't have Ekun in Africa, I wonder how our fathers is using this as reference(Amo-Tekun)

I tend to agree by 70% chance that our fathers meant cheetah to be Amotekun and Leopard to be Ekun.

Cheetah and Leopard are so similar except for few differences like speed, color and what time they hunt.

However, more research need to be done to ascertain the truth if Amotekun is really Cheetah or Leopard.

Yeah... I agree with you
Re: Fayemi: South West ‘Police’ Takes Off January 9 by quickberry2(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2020
updatechange:

Leopard is Amotekun in yoruba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode: IPOB's Sit At Home Order Has Brought The East To A Standstill / Herdsmen Attack Motorists In Eruwa, Oyo. Angry Residents Burn Fulani Settlement / Most Boko Haram Weapons Are Stolen From The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.