Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,104 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus (16469 Views)

Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries / COZA: "If Girls Sexually Abused By Lecturers In IMSU Come Out...." - Leeroy / UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by wallex1983(m): 8:00am On Jan 02, 2020
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by Keenmind2019(m): 8:03am On Jan 02, 2020
Somebody would soon cancel that dead meat guys comment. Such hate for the dead meat guy.hmmmm
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by encryptjay(m): 8:04am On Jan 02, 2020
buygala:

Lies

The young ones are probably more careful in perpetrating their vice because they do not yet have a strong footing in the system... Talk about the proverbial chicken standing on one leg when in strange territory grin

They will throw all caution to the wind by the time they become doctors and professors, because by then they are almost untouchable...
And they are smarter in such schemes. It's going to be really difficult to implicate the young lecturers in extortion/sex scandals.

1 Like

Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by buygala(m): 8:04am On Jan 02, 2020
fratermathy:

Cite one instance where young lecturers were implicated in issues of this nature. Just ONE that we can verify.

So that you all can go online and call for the poor niggas head?

I just stated a fact... I won't be the one to cause the downfall of a man by naming names smiley

1 Like

Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by iLearner: 8:06am On Jan 02, 2020
In University of Ibadan, we can't relate to all these.

1 Like

Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by fratermathy(m): 8:07am On Jan 02, 2020
buygala:

I just stated a fact... I won't be the one to cause the downfall of a man by naming names smiley

By not calling perpetrators of injustice out, you also make yourself an accessory to whatever they have done. If you can't cite any instance, then you have no point. If the internet is a problem, do well to always report erring lecturers to the appropriate authorities. There are several channels, even anonymous ones, to do this as long as you have substantial proof.

Nigeria can only change if all of us take action against corruption and other vices.
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by buygala(m): 8:11am On Jan 02, 2020
fratermathy:

By not calling perpetrators of injustice out, you also make yourself an accessory to whatever they have done. If you can't cite any instance, then you have no point. If the internet is a problem, do well to always report erring lecturers to the appropriate authorities. There are several channels, even anonymous ones, to do this as long as you have substantial proof.

Nigeria can only change if all of us take action against corruption and other vices.

Bros, please leave me alone.... I am not interested in changing Nigeria undecided

My only interest presently is leaving the country for a saner place.... I can't have my kids partake in this madness called Nigeria..

And no... I won't call out anybody..... I have just stated the facts without any intention of remedying anything smiley... Take it or leave it grin

Nigeria can crash and burn for all I care

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by CasNova: 8:16am On Jan 02, 2020
All these are some of the factors responsible for falling standard of education
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by segzy17: 8:31am On Jan 02, 2020
I don't think this kind of things is happening in university of ibadan
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by Hypocrit: 8:34am On Jan 02, 2020
buygala:

You are very right. In a faculty or department where young lecturers are more, vices also are more compared to the ones with more of old lecturers. I have so many examples.
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by jamace(m): 8:37am On Jan 02, 2020
Citadel of corruption.

Knowledge without character makes a corrupt society.
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by SKINDOGGY: 8:46am On Jan 02, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
lipsrsealed nah today? The most culprit are those pipu@ faculty of SCI/MGT like banking/ Finance,bus Adm,Eco,Acc.Fac of Education,(peepz here especially girls dnt care.They can travel for 2 months,they already SETTLED) ,.But in faculty like bio chem,(all sci),Arts where u have those Deeper mem,,God help u if u are dumb/dead upstairs. What u score is what they'll give u.
Agric nkọ??
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by Bsingle(m): 8:49am On Jan 02, 2020
we're facing extortion too in fuoye!! huge one.
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by DonFreshmoney(m): 9:07am On Jan 02, 2020
Dear students , pay or stop lamenting...
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by assavin: 9:12am On Jan 02, 2020
I take private lessons for waec, neco, jamb candidates, adult class inclusive. At Lekki/Eti-osa/Lagos island environment. 08138642956
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by laidima88(m): 9:20am On Jan 02, 2020
Thats why OAU stand out
Nothing of such
Lecturers will even give u soft copy of their research works and txt bks 2ru xender, all for free
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by Johnwick64: 9:34am On Jan 02, 2020
fratermathy:

Cite one instance where young lecturers were implicated in issues of this nature. Just ONE that we can verify.

You cannot presume that young lecturers will turn out to be boldly corrupt in the future. That's just a biased conclusion. Look around you, the world is gradually changing. People are more aware and conscious of doing the right things. The older generation may have caught up slowly with these changes but trust me, the younger ones were born at the heart of globalisation, transculturalism, and technology and they also have a lot of experiences to learn from too.

Don't vilify young lecturers!
I hope u are not a young lecturer
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by Kayceenaz(m): 9:39am On Jan 02, 2020
rxmusa:
A whole guardian don't have an editor
No wonder we're seeing unpardonable grammatical mistake like "IN OTHER NOT TO BE REPORTED"
Since you're fastidious towards grammar, it's "doesn't have," not "don't have." While the former applies to either singular nouns or pronoun, the latter is correctly relevant to plural nouns/pronouns. You're welcome.
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by bluefilm: 9:40am On Jan 02, 2020
Na today

Who doesn't know that most of our useless cold room lecturers are only good in extorting students and demanding for sexxx?

Abeg talk another thing.
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by UnclePANSI(m): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2020
The Nigerian educational system needs thorough formatting. The earlier we wake up to this, the better for the country.
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by toprealman: 9:52am On Jan 02, 2020
Student union extort their fellow students......it's a wierd karma game
Student- lecturer extortion game affects mainy the unserious vulnerable students

1 Like

Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by Egoveen: 9:54am On Jan 02, 2020
It started since 1960sadsadsad
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by adekhingz(m): 10:03am On Jan 02, 2020
ProsperChild:
https://guardian.ng/features/education/undergraduates-allege-extortion-by-lecturers-on-campus/
And you had to use university of ilorin gate in this ? cry. This is unacceptable OP!!! embarassed
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by Ajibade123(m): 10:07am On Jan 02, 2020
lecturers to will provide for his family na
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by toffyz(m): 10:18am On Jan 02, 2020
OP....You're not serious o....Why did you upload unilorin main gate. Even when unilorin was not mentioned above

1 Like

Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 02, 2020
These under Gs don't even want to give lecturers nada; no sexz no moni, na wetin?
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by TUANKU(m): 11:30am On Jan 02, 2020
post=85425186:
This has been going on for donkey years .

Some scapegoats must be made out of the bad eggs among them.

In some cases, graduating in Nigeria Universities do not have anything to do with intelligence, rather who and how much you can sort!

A lecturer in saner climes dare not try this,
He will end up in jail for many years.
It is even unheard of over there anyways.

There was a country!
First time i have seen this farm tool post anything meaningful.
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by smokeyupu(m): 1:11pm On Jan 02, 2020
NA TODAY YANSH BEGIN DEY FOR BACK? ..... AGELESS PRACTICE IN EXISTENCE SINCE 300BC cool
Re: Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus by giftedben: 1:53pm On Jan 02, 2020
I have never seen a school as corrupt as Abia State Polytechnic. The lecturers would make you steal, kill, beg, and lie to meet up with their demands of having to submit every assignment with N500, Test with N1000, Exams with N5,000 - N10,000 depending on the grades you want.

Let me just blow a small whistle, you see that woman they call Mrs Benson in Engineering Department/Computer Science Department, she is black in complexion between 5ft5 tall, yes o the one that rumor have it that her husband is a pastor, I believe by now she should be competing with Dangote as one the richest in Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

98% Of Candidates Fail As NECO Releases NOV/DEC Results / Teacher Brutalizes Nursery 1 Pupill Over Assignment / Oyedepo To Lay Third Varsity Foundation In January 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.