Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,026 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel (58389 Views)

Federal University Of Dutse SUG President Not Attending Lecture In A Convoy / Kaduna State University Suspends Bala A.B. Umar Over Sex For Marks / Drone Shot Of Adeleke University In Ede, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
Smartchoiice:

The Muslim should leave the school
I hope u southern Christians would leave north too if u can't cope with dier sharia or Islamic laws

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Kingsean(m): 11:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
LegendHer0:

You are saying rubbish. Why did they accepted a Muslim into their institution in the first place?

Why is a university even making it compulsory for students to attend churches when they are not kindergartens. This also applies to the Christians in the institution, so I will always need to be at the chapel everytime even if it’s against my will?

Government need to change some laws governing these private universities coz these guys are currently managing them like a cult group.

funny... why did the people choose the school after seeing those rules? dats the question u should ask. during the admission process, the rules are clearly stated so u either accept or reject and move on. in life when u make choices yourself, u just have to endure whatever issues may come along and cross the finish line. its just four years or five. just keep ur head low and get ur certificate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Aboki99(m): 11:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
Tumbulum:
you dont have any evidence. There is nothing you know about Christianity and there is nothing you can teach me about Christianity.

You argued that Hijab is not xtian or biblical and I supplied you with biblical evidence to puncture ur position , but instead of you to eat humble pie and thank me for educating you abt ur own religion u resorted to diversionary tactics. Are the verses I quoted on hijab from the Bible or not, this is the question and the point. If they are from the Bible, why are u then arguing against sth even ur own holy book teaches? Knowledge is vast, u can equally educate me abt sth in Islam or xtianity. I don't xpect to hear words like "there nothing you can teach me about Christianity" from you unless u were a desciple of Jesus Christ himself! Otherwise, no man born of a woman can make this outlandish claims, not even the messiah himself coz xtianity came hundreds of yrs after he supposedly died. Be humble and get educated my bro.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Kingsean(m): 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
Mayflowa:

The rule doesn't even hold water in the first place. You cannot religious academics at higher institution in a secular state. That is the heart of the matter. The terms is null & void. In fact, if any true exist in their forced religious attendance, the NUC should start the process of de-accrediting them

NUC won't do that. abi u have forgotten that this is Nigeria. i don't think u know how influential davido's father is. as for the rules and regulations on the agreement sheet, they are not void. someone almost took d school to court for this issue. guess what. lawyers advised her not to do it cos of d agreement signed. they had to send an appeal letter to the school to reconsider her. she is now back in d school in 300lvl

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by jhubril(m): 11:41pm On Jan 02, 2020
uninspired07:

ABU ZARIA is a Government/ secular school, right?

You have falsely compared both scenarios. If you look through most of the comments, you will see all the answers to your question.

It still doesn't prove any point. If Adeleke University is a Christian school why do they admit muslim students?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Kingspin(m): 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
OGHENAOGIE:
then stop criticising the north each time they do dier crazy thing if anyone can't stay or cope in arewa return to South...lets keep the energy.... if Nigeria is secular then a student shouldn't be forced to attend chapel... I attended a high school owned by a bishop then Muslims were Neva forced to go to chapel Neva... this thing here by Adeleke or any school is pure rubbish... d primary focus should education and responsible living simple...
You are confusing yourself the more.

Why would I criticise the North as long as their crazy things are for Muslims and by Muslims?

Adeleke is own by a Church. Before you enrol there are terms and conditions.
Go to another school that is either secular mix school or look for Islamic school to attend. What is hard here?

Even some Christians will opt out of Adeleke because of the conditions, so why is it hard for Muslims to follow suit?

This is the simplest commendation.
Seek another school full stop or wait Adeleke change their rules.

Is a private school, not the government.

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 11:46pm On Jan 02, 2020
Ademoore07:
u mean the oath of allegiance? But in this case, his fundamental human rights to his religious beliefs/freedom had been tampered with. He will win. Any organisation oath that tampers with your freedom to worship based on Ur religion is a breach.

We have Muslims attending Redeemers university and they didn't experience this sort of maltreatment
He wasn't forced to attend such school. Every school has it's policy so you don't expect them to share the same policy with others
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 11:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
Adblg0610:
Realistically,let's imagine a candidate in a hopeless situation,receiving an unexpected admission alert from an obscure university,like Adeleke University,which could hardly be an option of most candidates.The least of his thoughts would be the contents of the school's Handbook,which availability would be deliberately delayed till d completion of the admission process,when all payments av been completed. Controversial provisions of the school's Handbook,such as this,should be BOLDLY displayed on the school's WEBSITE.
It is on their website
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by edoairways: 12:04am On Jan 03, 2020
zoedew:

A Description in Islam, Taqiya or Taqiyya is a precautionary dissimulation or denial of religious belief and practice in the face of persecution. A related term is, Kitmān, which has a more specific meaning of dissimulation by silence or omission. Wikipedia

In simple terms it is perfectly legitimate in Islam for a Muslim to lie, be deceitful or deny being a Muslim to gain an advantage for.e.g. Sign a University Handbook to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Institution so as to gain admission only to turn around and scream blue murder to say one is being persecuted for being a Muslim! That exactly is what the guy has done. Ladies who marry Muslims on the promise of the Bridegroom to not force his Bride to be a Muslimat and to allow her worship she will are on their own since Islam permits the Bridegroom to later go back on his word on the ground that it was taqqiya! All are forewarned that when a Muslim appears to be tolerant of your freedom to worship what you will and still be your friend he plays taqqiya with you - he is deceiving you till he has an opportunity to show his true colour! That explains the story of many who have survived Islamic terrorist attacks when they say that close and friends and neighbours 99% of the time will be the ones to lead the attackers to them and participate in the slaughter of the simple! Beware! Check this thread and you’ll find a Muslim who accused me of persecuting him just because I pointed out the obvious that is, the taqqiya strategy of the said university student! That again is classic taqqiya! Beware! You do not hate a Muslim for that- only ensure you are circumspect in your relationship with a Muslim simply because Islam permits him to deceive you so long as it is for a perceive gain for Islam!
Are you a Muslim or pagan?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Kingspin(m): 12:07am On Jan 03, 2020
jhubril:

It still doesn't prove any point. If Adeleke University is a Christian school why do they admit muslim students?
Wait for Adeleke uni to change the law.

Otherwise, go to another school.

If I go to a Hindu college and I was told that one of the condition is for me to worship with them.

I either stay and obey or take off to another school.Period.

One doesn't need to go to school to understand these
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by OyinO: 12:31am On Jan 03, 2020
What president of china (xi jinping )said about black people but i think he is right.

1. The only thing black man has inherited from Arab and European colonization is the religion that he practices and that's exactly what the colonizers wanted.

2. Notice that in black countries, the education is a disaster, the administration is corrupt, health is deplorable, but relagion is doing wonderfully well.

3. Black people rebels against everything Except religion. They even think they are more religious than those who brought them this concepts and that the colonizers are not good Christians.

4. Black people even claimed themselves to be original race of which JESUS Christ has descended. This is how black people stupidity can go.

5. Notice that any society that is full with superstitions, Religious indoctrination, lack of education and nationalism, is always ridden with violence.
~ President Xi Jinping of China
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by somehow: 12:32am On Jan 03, 2020
With all the religious jargons, your country remain a spiritually bankrupt country.

Religious fools everywhere

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by sweetgala(m): 1:27am On Jan 03, 2020
Harbidexy5:
When it wasn't that you were forced to choose the school in the first place...
How on earth would I be paying my tuition fee to a school that doesn't give room to my religious beliefs..
Even if I'm on their scholarship it doesn't worth compromising my beliefs.
So just get the hell outta that glorified secondary schl..MY PIECES tho..

The school obviously presents itself as a secular institution. This is obviously false. Did you fail to read the piece or just lack comprehension
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by sweetgala(m): 1:31am On Jan 03, 2020
2special:
They will go to a Christian university and be causing problems there after accepting the rules and regulations before admission.

Adeleke University is not officially aligned to any religious organization or doctrine. So how can it be referred to as a "Christian School" Nigerians just like hypocrisy
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Coolgent(m): 2:38am On Jan 03, 2020
Extremists university, u shouldn't have enrolled into such toxic hell.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by NaMeAboki: 3:10am On Jan 03, 2020
The student should forthrightly sue the university for violating his constitutional right to freedom practice his religion - this is a clear case of religious discrimination.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by BeerParlour: 3:31am On Jan 03, 2020
LegendHer0:

You are saying rubbish. Why did they accepted a Muslim into their institution in the first place?

Why is a university even making it compulsory for students to attend churches when they are not kindergartens. This also applies to the Christians in the institution, so I will always need to be at the chapel everytime even if it’s against my will?

Government need to change some laws governing these private universities coz these guys are currently managing them like a cult group.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by BeerParlour: 3:34am On Jan 03, 2020
Iamsolslim:
I'm also a student at that same school,b4 u get admission they make it look like neutral school for all religion. but omo when u enter nah then u go kno what up.

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by BeerParlour: 3:40am On Jan 03, 2020
damosade:
Alikmah needs students.. You no go, crescent university get space ooo you no go.

But why Muslim likes going to Christian school?
Have u seen any Christian going to Islamic universities?

Go your school we go our school, no problem

Religion of peace

Christians go to Islamic schools, follow their laws and don't complain.

Most Christian women from southern Nigerian living in the Core North always cover their head and dressing like Muslims for the fear of being attacked by Islamic extremists,
Muslims are always trying to create problems where there is non

1 Like

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by BeerParlour: 3:41am On Jan 03, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Nobody makes it look like anything, if you read their student handout and rules and regulations, you'd see it's faith based, if you cant cope, leave.

The guy is using Taqiyya to blackmail the school

2 Likes

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by BeerParlour: 3:46am On Jan 03, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Don't be unfortunate, you sound like a Muslim, don't bother whitewashing your comment, a Muslim majority state openly discriminate against Christians,

What is the meaning of @boldened? you are desperately trying to sound like a Christian, and woefully failing undecided

They use Taqiyya

They even claim to be born again Christian to attack the Christians

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by OmoNla99: 3:57am On Jan 03, 2020
Ogunnnowos:
sentiment apart bro! There is no school that will give you student handbook bfr you become their students, the boy may have enrolled ignorantly, until he was admitted bfr knowing the rules
Toheeb did not enroll ignorantly. Pls read, paragraph 11and 12 of the original article from the op. He knew quite well what he was doing right at the screening interview.Thanks
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Layemidguru(m): 4:42am On Jan 03, 2020
Quality20:
why can't d boy change to Christianity,since that's what CAN,xtians, and polytheists want. I don't know why Yoruba Muslims prefer ethnic - tribal affiliations more than religious affiliations . Can't they take a cue from their Yoruba xtians?

What's this one saying?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Layemidguru(m): 4:46am On Jan 03, 2020
majamajic:
how can u go and enroll in a school that u can't obey their authorities ?

must these people find problem everywhere they set foot on ?

am not a Catholic but I went to a Catholic school , I obeyed all their authorities

why not go to a school that will suit your belief ?

una like better thing but to follow the measures , no !

New year weed
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by oyinboi: 5:12am On Jan 03, 2020
I can't blame Most of the Christian here tlkin shit,that cos dey don't no dem religion,i blive most of dem tlkin dis shit can't even afford to pay for d same sch their pastors created,and as 4 the sch it nt only dem that do such a tin,I went to ajayi crowther university were u will be asked wat Ur religion is,dat is jst to draw u to the sch to increase d number of students,enter sch finish it will b another ball game
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Difrent: 6:07am On Jan 03, 2020
Kingsean:

u can check it during the admission process. the rules are there. I've seen them myself. they give the students copies to read and sign if they agree. students can choose not to sign and leave. once they sign, they keep one, submit one to the hall admin and one to the senate

Agreed.
But it's deceitful to collect money from people you were not meant to give admission in the first place. Simple, you don't want Muslims, don't give them admission at all. Say No to deceit..... Honestly it's a deception no two ways about it.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by otomatic(m): 6:10am On Jan 03, 2020
The suspension is in order. Can I drink beer in a sharia state and when caught by hisbah police claim that I'm not a Muslim?
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Difrent: 6:14am On Jan 03, 2020
BeerParlour:

Christians go to Islamic schools, follow their laws and don't complain.

Most Christian women from southern Nigerian living in the North always cover their head and dressing like Muslims for the fear of being attacked by Islamic extremists,
Muslims are always trying to create problems where there is non

Name one Islamic school school that Christians attend..... don't tell me about ansar@ud-deen ,anwar-ud-deen primary schools, I mean high institutions.....
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by Difrent: 6:21am On Jan 03, 2020
Rigel95:

Ogbeni shut the fuuuck up! I got arrested in Kano for eating in public during ramadan last year. A relative got his multimillion naira beer shop destroyed in the same state,and Nigeria is a secular state o. Now you're complaining over a private school no one forced you to attend?

All these your rants does not take away the fact that you gave admission to those you were not supposed to give admission in the first place, it's greed for money that made them do that with all their billions they still scam people of their money ,it's deceptive .
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by zoedew: 6:58am On Jan 03, 2020
edoairways:

Are you a Muslim or pagan?

That is not the issue here.
Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by adisababa1234: 7:22am On Jan 03, 2020
BluntBoy:

I don't understand o.

Is Adeleke University now a Christian university?

Now you know
You guys should steer clear.
Many of Muslim knows this and it is always on media but their leadership will keep on sponsorship just to cause commotion and fulfill their Jihad agenda in the school.
Muslims should go to Crescent University where u can serve your God without fear and intimidations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeleke University Suspends Muslim Student For Not Attending School Chapel by asamaigho(m): 7:52am On Jan 03, 2020
AntiChristian:

You are free to practice your religion in Nigeria so wetin concern you with Saudi? Is Saudi not free to rule their country the way they like as well as other countries?

of cos we are wise. Wetin be taqiya again?
Below are verses of taqiya from the Bible. Even Jesus was a taqiya don!

Jeremiah 4:10
Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived (nasha) this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats."

We have it in...

1 Kings 22:20-22
And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?'
"One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'
" 'By what means?' the LORD asked.
" 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said.
" 'You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. 'Go and do it.'

Here we see that the man said that he would resort to lying in order to entice Ahab and God supported the idea and told him to go ahead and do it!

We even have it in...

Ezekiel 14:9-11
" 'And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the LORD have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel. 10 They will bear their guilt-the prophet will be as guilty as the one who consults him. 11 Then the people of Israel will no longer stray from me, nor will they defile themselves anymore with all their sins. They will be my people, and I will be their God, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

God is punishing him for a crime that He enticed him to do in the first place? Isn't that entrapment?

Another passage...

Isaiah 37:6-7
Isaiah said to them, "Tell your master, 'This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard-those words with which the underlings of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me. Listen! I am going to put a spirit in him so that when he hears a certain report, he will return to his own country, and there I will have him cut down with the sword.'

God had that spirit spread a rumor so that the King of Assyria can to return to his homeland. In short, that spirit's purpose was for deception.

Another example from the Bible...

Isaiah 19:14
The LORD has poured into them a spirit of dizziness; they make Egypt stagger in all that she does, as a drunkard staggers around in his vomit.

Here we see God deceiving people to the extent that they become absolutely foolish.

Even though I don't believe the Gospels teach that Jesus taught he was God, however this example is for those who believe that Jesus is God. Jesus admits that he was speaking figuratively all this time...

John 16:25
"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time? Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language'?

Well, here we find out why...

Mark 4:10-12
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'

So here we see that Jesus was deceiving certain people by speaking in parables so that they won't (and God forbid!) REPENT AND BE FORGIVEN!

Also in...

2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.

So God will delude people so that they can believe lies?

ignorance is really worse than poverty.
get knowledge, it will do u good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Minimum Requirements Of Becoming A Professor In Nigeria / Unilag vs OAU-Ife vs UI? / See Snake That Was Killed This Afternoon At The Front Of AAUA SENATE BUILDING

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.