Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) (1979 Views)

Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of Automobile Factory (Photos And Video) / Mayorkun's Next Rated Car Brand Revealed Wasn't Hyundai SUV. / 2 Months Used 04 Camry. Purchased 4 UBER, But Driver Wasn't Delivering #1.7m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by PlaysNigeria: 7:26pm On Jan 03, 2020
kingreign:
Front page pls, lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique, seun.
CC: gazzuzz, egunmogaji2
This is not Tonto dikeh cleavage bearing picture na. PS:just kidding.
Nice thread, More grease to your elbow O.P
Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by buygala(m): 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2020
PlaysNigeria:

This is not Tonto dikeh cleavage bearing picture na. PS:just kidding.
Nice thread, More grease to your elbow O.P

It's not front page worthy because :

Op created this thread just to stylishly advertise his work

There is absolutely nothing practical to learn from the thread... Op stylishly left out the details of his construction in order to avoid boys hijacking his trade.. Wise one there grin

Nairaland front-page isn't for adverts and half stories.... Thank you very much grin
Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
So I told the boys to dey whine am

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2020
It was high tide so the ...

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
The more they turned the winch, the boat started moving upwards ...which was a big relief for me. Then I noticed the handle of the winch needs to be converted to a big wheel so the turning would be much easier.

That's what I did next time I visited the site.

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by Asquare84(m): 8:06pm On Jan 03, 2020
EkoErrands:
So I told the boys to dey whine am

The water is so deity,how come
Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
Asquare84:

The water is so deity,how come

Na so o! during rainy season all the tributaries from the mainland empty into the rivers and they come with a lot of sediments so that's why the water is murky.
Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 8:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
After some time whining the thing...I come shift back go look under the boat. I see say the thing don suspend.

And this is highest tide o! so the lift worked. at low tide the boat you see here would be almost 1m above the water level. so I took more pictures from different angles

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 8:16pm On Jan 03, 2020
This is the face of a happy guy. And the face of a guy way just escape gbese grin

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 8:17pm On Jan 03, 2020
THE END
Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
NEXT TIME

....on WHEN FAILURE ISNT AN OPTION.

Building a boat lift that can lift 2 Jetskies at the same time and can also be used to lift a boat when the Jetskies are not around. grin

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by Asquare84(m): 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
You left an important part of when you installed what you constructed inside the water

3 Likes

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
PEACE BE UNTO YALL.
Thanks for watching
Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 8:25pm On Jan 03, 2020
Asquare84:
You left an important part of when you installed what you constructed inside the water

Nothing is inside the water. the boatlift is just standing inside the water like a table. I used a 1ft x 1ft plate on each leg so that it doesn't sink inside the mud.
Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by DankemzI(m): 1:12am On Jan 04, 2020
EkoErrands:

Nothing is inside the water. the boatlift is just standing inside the water like a table. I used a 1ft x 1ft plate on each leg so that it doesn't sink inside the mud.

1ft plate? How sustainable and practical is that? Considering the weight of the boatlift and the boat itself, what if it sinks or slide?

2 Likes

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EgunMogaji2: 8:57am On Jan 04, 2020
EkoErrands:
Had to use my truck to tow the boat....as them no gree tow am by themselves. this wasn't part of my contract

ended up bending my tow bar now my truck looks like a lowbed from behind ...I regretted it but even today I don't think I had an option.

Bumper hitch, not tow bar.

1 Like

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EgunMogaji2: 8:58am On Jan 04, 2020
EkoErrands:
These bolts holding the hard wood had to be flush mounted so they don't scratch the hull of the boat. I can't allow my work to kill my client ...I love him grin

Look into countersink drill bits.

1 Like

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 3:44pm On Jan 04, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Bumper hitch, not tow bar.
thanks
Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 3:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
DankemzI:

1ft plate? How sustainable and practical is that? Considering the weight of the boatlift and the boat itself, what if it sinks or slide?

There are other design considerations in terms of how I welded the cross bracing ...that ensures the 1ft x 1ft plates don't sink into the mud.

it worked!

2 Likes

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by Kulverstukas(m): 10:27am On Jan 05, 2020
EkoErrands:
Said a little prayer. and thinking what could go wrong? I have crossed all my T's and dotted all my I's . I just had to submit to my God jare...no be me Sabi pass...

if I eff up. I'm dead.

even the man way sublet to me didn't come for the testing. fear no gree am. his staff sef no come.

My brother and sisters, for this life na only God you get o! and your mama. My mother dey on top this matter too o! she knows the meaning if e no work.
Lol. I sure know this feeling. Kudos man for your perseverance!!!

1 Like

Re: When Failure Wasn't An Option (boatlift Construction) by EkoErrands: 11:00pm On Aug 13, 2020
Lalasticlala pls Front page ...�

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD SOLD Toyota Corolla Sport 2009 One Month Used / Full Option Toyota Venza 2010 Super Neat Registered N3m / 300k Honda Bulldog With Good Working Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.