Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? (27808 Views)

Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony / You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? / I Went To An Occasion Today At Oriental Hotel I Was Served Beans And Dodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by karli4nia(m): 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
MariaAngeles:

Before nko ? When no be burial...
Na people like you dey starve for occasion because una refuse to ask

Lol.. Ewo! Chineke nna!
Na person like u dey look face before u give food for occasion.. wink wickedness..!!
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by karli4nia(m): 11:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
sisisioge:
Terribly hurt! To my marrow kinda hurt....I love food that much grin

Congrats..
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by sacx: 11:06pm On Jan 03, 2020
Embarrassing. Not like I'm in the habit of attending events just to eat. But you know that feeling, watching others get served while your table is left empty, e can pain.

See those events where invitations are thrown to the general public? Avoid them to avoid stories that touch cheesy.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Savagethe21st(m): 11:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
If I'm not giving food I'll feel I'm a nobody. Well it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE0DM2WXazk Hello guys i'm a producer in my teens chasing my dreams.It would be a huge blessing if someone checked out my beats and comment what you think or critique subscribe to support me and .Thanks and Godbless.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hugo7:

That's bad..so sorry,,,, mine only causes severe pain during digestion .
thanks .. Bleeding has stopped.. But she's still scared of eating rice alone
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by 1234IKECHhukwu: 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
That's one of the worst thing that can happen to any body in an occasion, even though u have enough in ur house.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by AreaFada2: 12:59am On Jan 04, 2020
Especially occasions that involve long journeys, eat well before going and even take snacks and water along. More so if going with kids.

At times the food is served late after hunger don wire everybody finish.

Of late many people don't even eat on occasions o. They just get take-way packs and take home.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by DavidEsq(m): 1:01am On Jan 04, 2020
hooha:
I remembered when I went for an occasion and was not given food. It took me time to forget that pain ooh!!. Then I was young, so my elder sister gave me the meat she was chewing inside her mouth since I didn't get my own food.
It got so bad, growing up, that I thought I was cursed. Ah ah! Ppl go dey share food now now o! The next thing, dem don share am reach my side, dem go pass me. Only me o! Dem go give the next person wey sidon near me. The thing dey happen steady sotay I begin feel like say dem do me something from village so when I dey go occasion, I no com dey expect say something go reach my hand. It became a part of me and I always carried that feeling, which made stop expecting stuff from ppl at a very young age. Anyway, baba don get rep sotay na me dem dey first ask "oga wetin u wan chop"? I go jus rub my small bia-bia, talk say "do u have beer and meat" grin
hooha:
I remembered when I went for an occasion and was not given food. It took me time to forget that pain ooh!!. Then I was young, so my elder sister gave me the meat she was chewing inside her mouth since I didn't get my own food.
It got so bad, growing up, that I thought I was cursed. Ah ah! Ppl go dey share food now now o! The next thing, dem don share am reach my side, dem go pass me. Only me o! Dem go give the next person wey sidon near me. The thing dey happen steady sotay I begin feel like say dem do me something from village so when I dey go occasion, I no com dey expect say something go reach my hand. It became a part of me and I always carried that feeling, which made stop expecting stuff from ppl at a very young age. Anyway, baba don get rep sotay na me dem dey first ask "oga wetin u wan chop"? I go jus rub my small bia-bia, talk say "do u have beer and meat"

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by DavidEsq(m): 1:06am On Jan 04, 2020
GadgetInstinct:
Well I no dey chop for parties. I make sure i eat to my satisfaction before i step out for any occasion.

I once witnessed where a man was embarrassed by his friend’s wife because the food they served him has no meat and the man had complained that why would they serve him food without meat/fish, only the wife to snap at him saying ”Mr man why are you embarrassing yourself because of meat”
That would be the last day that friend go ever see me for e house till I die.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by DavidEsq(m): 1:08am On Jan 04, 2020
Ogegeodey:
shocked
Me in the party when food is finished.
me

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by DavidEsq(m): 1:19am On Jan 04, 2020
Craze ppl jus full this thread ah swear. I don laf sotay madam pursue me go parlour. why una like dis na?
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by DavidEsq(m): 1:25am On Jan 04, 2020
wink2015:
Food is an African culture.

You can not separate food from most Nigerian and other African although there are exceptions to this perception.

At the same time the chemistry will show in their face if one is not given food in a ceremony.

Certainly, one will fill being under valued.
"the chemistry will show in their face". I can't bear the laf again o!

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by DavidEsq(m): 1:28am On Jan 04, 2020
Coldie:
I once went to an occasion brought the biggest gift In the wedding.

But rice, I no see talkless of bottle water.

To me if u are going to occasion with the intention of eating, just forget spraying of money or giving any gift. Just go there with that intention eat ur food thank d celebrant then give him the thing u have for him then go.

U can't go to an occasion spray 10k or more and be begging the people sharing food that u have not eaten, simply just go greet the celebrant carry ur 10k go any fast food chop to your fill and thank me later
A legend speaks. Baba where is the lie in this post? It cannot be found. Toast to the Legend

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by DavidEsq(m): 1:32am On Jan 04, 2020
Fhemmmy:
When you attend an occasion, your intention should be to celebrate with the celebrants and NOT to eat . . .Get the purpose of attending right and you will be fine . . .Grow the mentality of what can i give to them and NOT what can i take, it will help you!
How do u celebrate without eating? Isn't eating a vital part of celebration? People go jus dey run their mouth like say dem leave their brain for 2019. Food no dey important na im Jesus turn water to wine.

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by david102(m): 3:35am On Jan 04, 2020
Roon9:
I think have passed that stage gan. First of, unless its a family member or close close pal, I am not attending atall.

For a pal I won't even wait for the food before I leave. As for family, omo momsi go always ensure I get a cooler or two grin.

In essence "no connection no chewing"! grin

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily

For how much for the solar power bank
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Bianda24: 3:55am On Jan 04, 2020
It is hard not to be happy when not served food in an occasion. I used to feel bad but I have trained myself in such a way that when I attend a function , I hardly eat. I don't even have the mindset of eating when I get to the venue. An incidence at Ilesha, in Osun State changed my perception about eating in a function.

Many years ago, I attended a wedding party at Ilesha, I was on the same table with one older man (I perceive he was rich), we were served assorted food, meats and drinks apparently because of the man. To my consternation, the man ate only one meat. Initially he did not want to eat anything but he was prevailed upon to eat somethingg. While the others and I on the table devoured the meal.

The incident on that day made me to change my perception about eating in a party. So when I attend a function, I would have eaten well at home or in an eatery. This always give me a kind of satisfaction
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Fuckgovt: 5:18am On Jan 04, 2020
Gracealone:
You have to deliberately outgrow this. I have attended many weddings long time ago without eating which naturally makes one feel bad.

Now I eat well before I go anywhere like I'm not expecting any food there.
Lol. That how I ate one dey n went for a wedding o, guy come see food, dem just wan use food embarrass me, to the point of sharing big big chicken alone after ppl have finished eating rice o. . I wan cry as my belle been don full already. Lol but no regrets though I manage chop like 2 big chicken
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Ndipe(m): 7:17am On Jan 04, 2020
Dont take it personal.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by awoluyi(m): 7:50am On Jan 04, 2020
If not for ojukokoro and longer throat; why do you want to eat at every social gathering? This is how some of you eat food cooked with "Destiny transfer" juju at occasions (apology to Pastor Odukoya of MFM church).
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by DejiPlug(m): 9:10am On Jan 04, 2020
hooha:

One time I invited my gf with her friend to a communal party at my friends and the chicken and chips pack conveniently remained one for us three to share.
But
That kind thing no fit happen for this party

https://www.nairaland.com/5613106/birthday-blessings-africas-youngest-superstar

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Hullabaloon: 9:20am On Jan 04, 2020
badmrkt:
Wow....how matured are the mods of this forum? I mean some brain dude creates thread like this and a retarddd of a mod pushes to front page. Pathetic...

I see nothing wrong with the thread.

Its purpose is to elicit humour. Don't take life too seriously.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 04, 2020
Hugo7:

Thanks for your care, I noticed it 6 years ago when I was in school...none that I know of for now. but I was told to take pain reliever after eating rice or coat it with red oil before eating, I have tried the later but sometimes I still experience the pain.
Ok, you keep doing your research though. You will find a solution soon. All the best
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by deebrain(m): 1:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
Gracealone:
You have to deliberately outgrow this. I have attended many weddings long time ago without eating which naturally makes one feel bad.

Now I eat well before I go anywhere like I'm not expecting any food there.

Best post.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Mimie05: 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
Wit my phone am OK
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by armadeo(m): 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
That's why snipper is very sheep to buy. Get some and get rid of all of them including your parents

This shit be funny as F
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Farki: 4:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hungry. Most of the time it's not a big deal unless the servers are showing favoritism.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Fhemmmy: 12:05am On Jan 05, 2020
DavidEsq:

How do u celebrate without eating? Isn't eating a vital part of celebration? People go jus dey run their mouth like say dem leave their brain for 2019. Food no dey important na im Jesus turn water to wine.

Celebration doesn't necessarily means eating, celebrating with someone really means to be happy and joyous for them. In a developed world, people will bring you food and wine to celebrate with you ( i am not saying ALL). So once again, get your purpose of celebrating with someone straight and you will never be disappointed again.
Why NOT eat in your own house before going to a party, or on your way to the party, stop by a store and take with you a bottle of nice wine for others to enjoy?
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by DavidEsq(m): 11:25am On Jan 05, 2020
Fhemmmy:

Celebration doesn't necessarily means eating, celebrating with someone really means to be happy and joyous for them. In a developed world, people will bring you food and wine to celebrate with you ( i am not saying ALL). So once again, get your purpose of celebrating with someone straight and you will never be disappointed again.
Why NOT eat in your own house before going to a party, or on your way to the party, stop by a store and take with you a bottle of nice wine for others to enjoy?
"In a developed world, ppl would bring you food and wine".
What does that tell u about the essence of celebration? Imagine lending a supporting point to my line of reasoning, yet Alaye is still arguing. Na wa sha
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Fhemmmy: 4:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
DavidEsq:

"In a developed world, ppl would bring you food and wine".
What does that tell u about the essence of celebration? Imagine lending a supporting point to my line of reasoning, yet Alaye is still arguing. Na wa sha

Ha ha ha ha ha . . .My point is, you should NOT throw tantrums when you are not served food, mind you what you are brought is NOT jollof but finger food
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by AmeLonRo(m): 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2022
I will; step out to a good eatery and buy takeaway and bring it back to my seat at the event and start munching.

No food for you at a social event? What do you do?
https://youtube.com/shorts/7NyMd1eoEuA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / Lagos Residents Consume N4.5bn Food Daily / Man Saw Beans Inside Fish Pie He Bought (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.