Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? (27807 Views)

Share Your Experience Not Being Given Food In A Party Or Ceremony / You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? / I Went To An Occasion Today At Oriental Hotel I Was Served Beans And Dodo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
what is food? there are nice eatery everywhere.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Amanda4life: 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
The worst na when dey dey carry the ogunfe dey pass you front and back, side ways.just dey ignore you because dey no no your face. E dey pain�

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by badmrkt(m): 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
Wow....how matured are the mods of this forum? I mean some brain dude creates thread like this and a retarddd of a mod pushes to front page. Pathetic...
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by dave247(m): 4:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
For Me am not moved by the food in occasion. That's why I go to occasion where I know the people celebrating it, cos for me, I have attended you party and I have shown myself to you and am off.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by AmeLonRo(m): 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
Sad. If cash is at hand I get food from nearby.

Please visit my irresistible Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2saV-Pb9CNM
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by goshen26: 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
I ensure I eat enough food b4 leaving my house. Such happen only when I was poor and no sure meal to eat at home
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 03, 2020
A Person may feel cursed.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by habsydiamond(m): 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
Some go even do am sotay dem go dey carry food pass your head give people.. by the time you say I never chop na den dem go tell you say food don finish... E dey pain die I no go lie

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by stanisbaratheon: 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
I've never seen it as a big deal, not even as a kid.

I once shared food for elders at my cousin's traditional marriage without eating nor drinking anything. Weird right. Yeah that's me. People before myself.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by DrSleekQas(m): 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
I got swear for them

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by lonelydora: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
hooha:
I remembered when I went for an occasion and was not given food. It took me time to forget that pain ooh!!. Then I was young, so my elder sister gave me the meat she was chewing inside her mouth since I didn't get my own food.

Eat to your fill at home before attending any wedding. It will make you to be less concerned about wedding foods. I learnt this from my dad.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Seunpaul01(m): 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
hooha:
I remembered when I went for an occasion and was not given food. It took me time to forget that pain ooh!!. Then I was young, so my elder sister gave me the meat she was chewing inside her mouth since I didn't get my own food.

You only ask this question op, because u only go to an event because of the food and goodies they will give you.

The mod that push this dindinrin post to front page is just like you.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by SarakiBukola: 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hungry ?
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by AmeLonRo(m): 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
Sad. If cash is at hand I get food from nearby.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by arinzos(m): 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
The thing de pain oh..i no go Lie.
And i no sabi talk say i neva chop until them give me,if them No give me, i go jst go like dt cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by superjaks(m): 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
Gracealone:
You have to deliberately outgrow this. I have attended many weddings long time ago without eating which naturally makes one feel bad.

[b]No I eat well before I go anywhere like I'm not expecting any food there.
[/b]

My mum made me to grow up with this mentality
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Ahmeduana(m): 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
I don't feel a damn thing, is a standard procedure for me to always fill my stomach before living my house undecided
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Hahjascho(m): 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
As simple as it is, it can be funnily painful.

That's why I tell people to always eat well before going to someone'else occasion... most especially when you are moving with any of your kid.
Else, you go just dey drag food anyhow grin ....ogbeeni.. ogbeeni!! ...e never reach me nah!!!!

grin.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Angelfrost(m): 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
You are supposed eat well before going for an occasion... Except you are less privileged!!! tongue
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by akpunda86: 4:59pm On Jan 03, 2020
Gracealone:
You have to deliberately outgrow this. I have attended many weddings long time ago without eating which naturally makes one feel bad.

No I eat well before I go anywhere like I'm not expecting any food there.

Guy no vex.leave that thing ohh.me i vex scatter table on new year.imagine we started meeting by 9am and it ended by after 9pm.time for food they said they will start with elders.see ohh we all pay same fines every year.is very annoying when u not served food..

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by babtoundey(m): 5:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
How do you want me to feel? Relaxed?

At all all na im bad, one of the things, one expects at a social occasion is being entertained and recognized. Believe me it is very annoying seeing others around you been served while you don't even get "Hello".

I have attended some few occasions like that and, the experience the feeling is horrible. Very displeasing. It's understandable if you're are not served because there was no enough food. But if there was enough food but you were not considered important enough to be served, my brother, you would feel bad, even if you attended the party to safe life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by LabDNA: 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
MY RULE- I DO NOT EAT AT BURIALS.

I deliberately go late to most occasions, give the celebrant or bereaved my gift, dance with couple (if it's a wedding) a little bit and move out, giving them a vital excuse on why I cannot stay longer.

ANOTHER RULE- I DO NOT SIT AT THE HIGH TABLE WHEN CALLED.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Hugo7(m): 5:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
I don't feel anything again since the day I stopped eating Rice...if I go any party I no dey put mind to chop, the best I can do I to drink malt or soft drink and walk..
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by emerged01(m): 5:05pm On Jan 03, 2020
Before you dare not try it with me o because then if you no fit fight for food for me,no invite me. Party na to go chop,no be to go Dey look person mouth.
As we Dey roll that time me and my guys we even Dey go party wey dem no invite us,we must chop we no wan know wetin dem Dey do.

That time don go sha.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by MariaAngeles: 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
MJBOLT:
i know i will find you here

Food section na my zone na
Na you gangan dey invade my territory

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by sLentlover7778(m): 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
Very painful.. but you have to pretend as if you're not here for the food.. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by sisisioge: 5:10pm On Jan 03, 2020
Terribly hurt! To my marrow kinda hurt....I love food that much grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by mechanics(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hahahahah.
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by Ay04z(m): 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
D shit dey pain no.matter how big boy or girl wey u be grin. Rule no 1. eat something B4 u attend any patty.
Rule no 2 don't go to any party uninvited.
And for students. Don't be too cool wen u attend those party. Ti were bor. And don't vex if dem abuse u oo grin. Just make sure u collect the food. During my days in school. I no dey miss Saturday owambe. E dey too sure. I will eat sha ni.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by KingAzubuike(f): 5:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
If you're not being served , you go straight to the serving unit or caterers and challenge them that you've not gotten food. They will apologize and bring the food to your table within 15 min or better still, you wait there and collect it yourself . na weytin we dey do back in the struggling days be that. Most people that are usually not served are those who they don't know or those who didn't come with a clique, probably they came alone or with a friend and to make matters worse, you're seating on an isolated table. You go suffer until you voice out.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by xynerise: 5:15pm On Jan 03, 2020
I make sure I get filled before going to any occasion. Don't want to have unnecessary enemies grin
Re: How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? by awakeuche(m): 5:19pm On Jan 03, 2020
hooha:
I'm not rich by any standards but I'm comfortable, but not eating in a party where I was invited to is still the most painful thing in the world, even if I go to a fast food later and eat better food, I will still be sorely pained.
There is a certain pain to missing free food after sitting for hours.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Beware Of Reddish Palm Oil, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / Lagos Residents Consume N4.5bn Food Daily / Man Saw Beans Inside Fish Pie He Bought (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.