Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,976 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport (79716 Views)

Qassem Suleimani: At Least 20 Killed In Blasts Near Grave Of IRGC Commander. / US Airstrike Kills ISIS-K Planner In Afghanistan / Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by DCmonster: 9:50am On Jan 03, 2020
Afonja Muslims are masturbating, lamenting and analysing the USA capability of handling any crisis that will result from this. They think the USA is like NIGERIA. They will sure protest against this killing after preaching in the mosque today. Lol!

8 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Ewedegubbler: 9:51am On Jan 03, 2020
Kerfuffle:
"The flag of General Soleimani in defense of the country's territorial integrity and the fight against terrorism and extremism in the region will be raised, and the path of resistance to US excesses will continue. The great nation of Iran will take revenge for this heinous crime"—Hassan Rouhani, President, Islamic Republic of Iran.

It's funny how many people chose to tow the path of stupidity as shown in their comments.

There's almost no way America will remain the United States of America after the lapse of this decade.
Trump obviously wants war, and this time, this war (and subsequent ones it'll possibly trigger) will consume not only him, but his nation too. This time, the battle will not end on US bases across the world, Mainland US must get a taste too.

Iran is not one jungle like that in West Africa whose inhabitants will wait for God to come and fight their battles rather than utilizing the facilities he has blessed them with. Iran Will never take this lying low, they will strike effectively and catch the United Srates of America off-guard.

The Dollar is already getting shaky, debts are off the roof, plenty hidden enemies and couple with the fact that the world has already had enough of US'es bullshit. 2020 is laced with surprises.

Some children who are better off reading their Integrated Science textbook or at best preparing for jamb are also giving naive comments.

Trump wants a war yet he is the first and only USA president to step his foot in the Korean peninsular to meet Kim whom everyone say is evil even tho the Koreans are still technically at war. He wants war yet he has wounded up the Obama Nobel laureate's ISIS war in Syria, he wants war and yet he refused to retaliate when Iran was busy shooting down American drones and seizing ships.
Save this for the liberals and the pig headed islamists in the Middle East....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Righteousness89(m): 9:53am On Jan 03, 2020
[s]
Olominira:

War with Iran would have a global effect. This is coming at the time Russia, China and Iran plan to have a joint military drill. Did Trump actually think Iraq in Iran in 2020? War with Iran would likely be the last country US would ever invade in human history.
[/s]
Complete Trash!
Iran can do nothing...
Go check your History..

Iran is fighting Saudi
Iran is fighting UAE
Iran is fighting Kuwait
Iran is fighting Isreal..

Iran will do nothing but bark as usual!!

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Lexxyla: 9:53am On Jan 03, 2020
Hypocritical Trump

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by backbone503(m): 9:54am On Jan 03, 2020
ZombieTERROR:

Iran will do nothing

They are not even the size of two US states

No be by size. Today, due to her nuclear might, Iran posses one of the biggest threats to world security. Again, being a major supplier of global crude, Iran can cause global economic crises if provoked. The US and other world powers know this, hence, their preference for negotiation with Iran.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 03, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U are happy.? It’s like u are seeing this as a movie.......this might usher in bad consequences for the UNited states....if care is not taken it might mean a big war.....the EU won’t support the United state on this..... unless we wanna deceive ourselves..China, Japan, Germany and russia and not friends of the Americans deep down....they are just trying to co-exist for trade and to avoid war.....:but if war is inevitable, I foresee they will take sides with Iran.... and japan will gladly return the favor America dropped at Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by pongwa(m): 9:56am On Jan 03, 2020
religious bigot
itsme01:
cool

when US and christians kill Muslims its joy and celebration if muslim retaliates then its evil

Iran would blow up some US base thats for certain

3 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by wingmanIII: 9:57am On Jan 03, 2020
Neoteny:

The days of open warfare are largely over. Iran will sponsor more jihadists to hit at American interests. That kind of asymmetric warfare the US can never win.

Donald Rumsfeld said as much during the Afghanistan war after 9-11 when he tried to overhaul the US military to be less cumbersome and more light and agile.

They should continue sponsoring jihadists
And the next on the hit list will be ayotollah and the Iranian prime Minister. America has proven they can take down anybody when they are ready.
Ask saddam, ask bin laden, ask Gaddafi.

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Cuntface: 9:58am On Jan 03, 2020
khiaa:

CORRECTION!

Never touch a white American, there's a difference.

Stop saying what by u don't know.
American lives whether white or black matters!!

3 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by incogni2o: 9:58am On Jan 03, 2020
Olominira:
More crises for Trump and an average American. This is unnecessary. Trump is committing a huge mistake by canceling the initial agreement reached with Iran.

Firstly, US can't even manage the ongoing crises she created in the past with Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Libya and others. Who's advising Trump? Crises in Libya is still a crisis in some parts of Europe. Germany already has millions of refugees from Syria. These are countries of smaller populations yet you seriously want to destabilize another country of 70-80 million people all at once.

The entire America with Europe would have a serious impact if Iran is set into crises. In fact, the entire world feel this impact because by the time 40 percent of oil output is cut off due to total blockage of Strait of Hormuz. The global market would respond immediately. This is not a wise choice. Even in Nigeria, a litre of petrol may go as far as N500

Trump did not start any Crisis, He is just being smart and I beleive trying to outsmart them.

Do you think is a kind of country to trust? With all their so called proxy wars.

I don't think Trump made a mistake and He cannot also easily fall into going into War with them.

2 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by uninspired07: 9:59am On Jan 03, 2020
Abokisulay:

Don't mind the fool

Abokina, you are angry that we support Trump, right ?

Why do you hate Donald Trump so much? Because he doesn’t like terrorists right?

I can’t blame you for hating your nemesis. You’ll be alright las las.

6 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by wingmanIII: 10:00am On Jan 03, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

Lolz. The truth is that we're in fact overestimating them. That's what they want. If you're afraid that I may have an AK-47, you won't attack me. We don't know, but all the western media have always been used by the US to project the US as very powerful. Russia developed the world's most powerful missile defence system and the whole world didn't know about it until it was deployed.

You think you know half of America s war machines?
You know absolutely nothing. Not everything is released to the public or media

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by IpobAntidote: 10:00am On Jan 03, 2020
Thegoodone13:
Iran will do nothing. USA will be happy if Iran start the war.

Only if you understand the true thinking of an average American, you won't be posting that false narrative.
They are still bellyaching about the war that Bush started many many years ago. It has cost trillions and more than 4000 American lives.
In fact Trump himself used his stance against the war to win election, he promised to bring all American troops home. Oh well, its easier to campaign than to make promises than to fulfill them.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by incogni2o: 10:01am On Jan 03, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U are happy.? It’s like u are seeing this as a movie.......this might usher in bad consequences for the UNited states....if care is not taken it might mean a big war.....the EU won’t support the United state on this..... unless we wanna deceive ourselves..China, Japan, Germany and russia and not friends of the Americans deep down....they are just trying to co-exist for trade and to avoid war.....:but if war is inevitable, I foresee they will take sides with Iran.... and japan will gladly return the favor America dropped at Hiroshima and Nagasaki

I don't beleive these countries you called will join Iran.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by poseidon12: 10:01am On Jan 03, 2020
Lexxyla:
Hypocritical Trump

And he is also a criminal, a shameless one.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by sammhi(m): 10:01am On Jan 03, 2020
Trapping:

Thanks. You know exactly my worry. Tbh, if Iran decides to retaliate (which I guess they will) America will not find it easy.

I also pray that the democrats don't come close to power
Which Iran
The one the economy is in coma ? Iran is noise making . War cost money and Iran have no money ...Iran will loose both war and presence in the middle east if they foolishly fight the Americans....to hell with Iran
If Americans were as aggressive as Iran , by now Iran would have been a dust long ago....No one has a monopoly of violence or stupidity

3 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Nobody: 10:01am On Jan 03, 2020
Happy New year Iran

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by ZombieTERROR: 10:02am On Jan 03, 2020
Angelou:

see you are already contradicting urself..
no West African country can dare Nigeria..
but there are W/A countries larger than Nigeria in land mass e.g Mali

so why would u say Iran is not up to two US states in the first place

You are confused
Size is not landmass ...

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by solochiben(m): 10:03am On Jan 03, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Nice plots
U know politics die
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2020
bankylan:

F-35S obsolete? Please what makes F-35 series obsolete? Guess you have been reading a wrong piece on the internet. IDF just took delivery of another squadron.........S-400? This has already been circumvented by the IDF.
The future of warfare isn't in the air? Are you a military strategist who knows better than Pentagon? Here this, in conventional war, no nation comes close to the US in weapons, strategies, logistic and capabilities to strike from anywhere in the world. War with Iran does not translate to war with Russia and China as these two countries will only watch.

For years, Isreali defense force-IDF has been striking Iran interests in Syria and Iran has not responded.

Any war between the US or Russia will go nuclear and both nations won't do such a stupid thing.

The F-35 is a 5th gen fighter. Some countries are already in the 6th gen. There's so much hype on the F-35 because it was going to be a fighter to end all fighters, but the development took too long and in the end, when its deployment was completed, there were already many systems available to circumvent it. I've not been reading a wrong piece, I get first-hand information. I may or may not be a military strategist. I may not know better than the US, but I'm sure they themselves already know that the future of warfare isn't in the air. The US has the highest military budget, but do you know a bulk of that budget is expended in servicing their military bases around the world? War with Iran will degree to a world war, that's why the US Congress is already condemning the strike. Right now, Russia is only sitting on the sidelines, they didn't play a heavy role in Syria. Of course countries will buy US weapons. If you're an ally of the US they won't allow you buy from other countries.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by studentofTruth: 10:07am On Jan 03, 2020
This could be the trigger for a global crisis in the financial markets expected this year after the extraordinary performance in 2019!
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by backbone503(m): 10:07am On Jan 03, 2020
DIKEnaWAR:
Will Iran give President Trump what he wants? I doubt.

Trump wants war with Iran. He knows a wartime President has a higher hopes of being reelected as fear and uncertainty bonds people with their responsive leaders. Just as George Bush jnr got reelected because of the 911 attack and consequent war and Obama was handed a reelection with his reaction to the hurricane that happened close to his reelection.

Iran is too much of a chicken hearted coward that thrive in noise making to enter into a war with America. The Ayatollah is biish who loves to cling to power and knows a war ith America will threaten his position. Nothing will happen from this. Infact, Iran might secretly seek to pacify America cos Ayatollah is peeing in his pants by now.

Assassinating General Qassem Soleimani and Iraqi militia commander - Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis - is a big pre-election gamble by Trump. Iran will directly or indirectly surely avenge this.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 03, 2020
Trump said Iran has a price to pay then Iran said trump can't do anything I guess they didn't see this coming

2 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:08am On Jan 03, 2020
wingmanIII:

You think you know half of America s war machines?
You know absolutely nothing. Not everything is released to the public or media
Of course I don't know half. I never said I did, but I know all the ones currently deployed
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:09am On Jan 03, 2020
OZAOEKPE:

Lol, Iran do anyhow they see anyhow. China and Russia no go save them.
Story.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by nelsonoba: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2020
Olominira:
More crises for Trump and an average American. This is unnecessary. Trump is committing a huge mistake by canceling the initial agreement reached with Iran.

Firstly, US can't even manage the ongoing crises she created in the past with Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Libya and others. Who's advising Trump? Crises in Libya is still a crisis in some parts of Europe. Germany already has millions of refugees from Syria. These are countries of smaller populations yet you seriously want to destabilize another country of 70-80 million people all at once.

The entire America with Europe would have a serious impact if Iran is set into crises. In fact, the entire world feel this impact because by the time 40 percent of oil output is cut off due to total blockage of Strait of Hormuz. The global market would respond immediately. This is not a wise choice. Even in Nigeria, a litre of petrol may go as far as N500

Talk like this is why people like you cannot be President! A rogue attacks your embassy with intent to kill your citizens there, and you still don't understand that attacking a country's embassy is the direct equivalent of attacking the country that owns the embassy. Why do you think Julian Assange was holed up in Ecuador's embassy in London for several years without the British Police attempting to force their way in and arrest him right away??

The job of a President is to guarantee the security of his country and her citizens, so if his country is attacked, he will be either stupid or weak (like Obama) to not punish the attackers.

In your show of concern on the issue of raising tensions and what not, WHY DIDN'T YOU SCOLD IRAN FOR BEING STUPID TO ATTACK A COUNTRY'S EMBASSY? WHY WAS YOUR SCOLDING ONLY DIRECTED AT THE USA WHO WERE THE VICTIMS IN THE FIRST INSTANCE? It is because of people like you who keep making oppressors like Iran feel invincible that those oppressors keep getting more emboldened to commit more aggression.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Minjim: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2020
mysticwarrior:
go and read the book "Finland at war" by William R. Trotter
You're being economical with your earlier comment.
If not that all foreign opinions largely supported Finland do you assume they would have gone that far?
There are many authors account of the Winter War. USSR might have suffered the highest casualties but their military strength forced Finland to a Peace Treaty to secede 11% of Finland territory.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War

Wikipedia compiled the account of the event by various authors and historians.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by nelsonoba: 10:12am On Jan 03, 2020
Ewedegubbler:

Trump wants a war yet he is the first and only USA president to step his foot in the Korean peninsular to meet Kim whom everyone say is evil even tho the Koreans are still technically at war. He wants war yet he has wounded up the Obama Nobel laureate's ISIS war in Syria, he wants war and yet he refused to retaliate when Iran was busy shooting down American drones and seizing ships.
Save this for the liberals and the pig headed islamists in the Middle East....

Don't mind that ignorant fellow. I'm sure if you did an x-ray of his brain, all you'll find inside are "BBC, CNN and Propaganda".

2 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by ledaman: 10:13am On Jan 03, 2020
DIKEnaWAR:
Will Iran give President Trump what he wants? I doubt.

Trump wants war with Iran. He knows a wartime President has a higher hopes of being reelected as fear and uncertainty bonds people with their responsive leaders. Just as George Bush jnr got reelected because of the 911 attack and consequent war and Obama was handed a reelection with his reaction to the hurricane that happened close to his reelection.

Iran is too much of a chicken hearted coward that thrive in noise making to enter into a war with America. The Ayatollah is biish who loves to cling to power and knows a war ith America will threaten his position. Nothing will happen from this. Infact, Iran might secretly seek to pacify America cos Ayatollah is peeing in his pants by now.
Stupid analysis.

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by APOSTLECHUMA: 10:15am On Jan 03, 2020
GREAT NEWS TO ALL LOVERS OF ISRAEL. UNTIL HIS ASSASSINATION IN IRAQ BY U.S ,THERE WAS HARDLY A WEEK THAT PASSED FOR SO MANY YEARS, WITHOUT SOLEIMANI THE COMMANDER OF IRAN'S QUDS FORCES CHARGED WITH THE DUTY OF LIBRATING JERUSALEM FROM ISRAEL, THREATENING TO WIPE ISRAEL OFF WORLD MAP. JUST NOVEMBER, IRAN SAID THAT IT UNCOVERED PLAN BY ISRAEL'S SPY AGENCY-MOSSAD TO ASSASSINATE THIS ARCH-ENEMY OF ISRAEL AND TODAY HE IS GONE. MAY EVERY ENEMY OF GOD'S CHILDREN DIE LIKE SOLEIMANI. IMAGINE THIS WORLD WITHOUT ISRAEL AND USA AND TELL ME WHAT RADICAL MUSLIMS LIKE SOLEIMANI WIL MAKE OF CHRISTIANS. ONE DEVIL HAS BEEN SENT TO THE PIT OF HELL,THE NEXT WILL BE HASSAN NASRALLAH OF HEZBOLLAH. cfountainoftruth@gmail.com

4 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 03, 2020
Sterope:
Iran is having issues with its citizens thanks to the west. I am not a big fan of Iranian government either. However, the alternative is a story of bombs, deaths, rape, torture etc. Look around, history of citizens toppling the government always end with huge sacrifices. It doesn't help that we live in a world where countries are more actively interested in establishing superiority by any means necessary than promoting democracy, world peace or human rights.

Either way, less powerful countries are doomed. If Iranian citizens should rise up today, it is not going to end soon and it may never end.

isn't that what the US want? more wars means more middle East allies will buy weapons to protect themselves. wars means a better US economy. ISIS is failing so they need another cash crop and Iran will foolishly present it to them as a gift
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by adams123: 10:16am On Jan 03, 2020
TEHRAN– Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei conveyed a message and expressed his deep condolences on the martyrdom of Commander of IRGC Quds Brigade, General Qasem Soleimani and emphasized that Iran will take tough revenge on criminals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply)

Donald Trump Gives His Victory Speech, Congratulates Hillary Clinton (Video) / Hurricane Irma Destroys Entire Barbuda, Caribbean Island (Photos) / I Have Slept With 5000 Men- Nairobi’s Oldest Prostitute Who Never Misses Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.