Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,787 members, 7,831,544 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport (79744 Views)

Qassem Suleimani: At Least 20 Killed In Blasts Near Grave Of IRGC Commander. / US Airstrike Kills ISIS-K Planner In Afghanistan / Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by poseidon12: 8:46am On Jan 03, 2020
Sibrah:
Last set of Christians annihilated by BH was a response to one of such foreign strikes by US President. So God alone is our defence in Nigeria.

So you support Boko Haram?

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:46am On Jan 03, 2020
toxicbrain:

If you knew US you wouldn't be saying all these. You know how technologically advanced those guys are? Lol. That stupid S400 defence system will be given out to college students as a project and it will be hacked in 7 days.
I know the US, I know Russia. The US is technically advanced but for the past 20 years they've been preoccupied with fighting unreasonable wars in different countries. Russia on the other hand has greatly improved their R & D. Once in a while, US' DARPA will show a new tech, but there's a big difference between a prototype and a battle-ready equipment. Do you know that the most advanced US fighter aircraft currently deployed, the F-35 is already obsolete, even before it's development was completed? Russia knows that the future of warfare isn't in the air, it's easy to take down aircraft. Russia has focused on submarines and missile tech, and they currently have the world's first hypersonic missile, and a range of missiles that can take out US aircraft carriers.
I'm not going to talk about the S400, read about it. Right now, the US has nothing as advanced as it is

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Angelou(m): 8:47am On Jan 03, 2020
ZombieTERROR:
Size is not landmass For instance.... Can any West African country dare Nigeria?... Reply
see you are already contradicting urself.. no West African country can dare Nigeria.. but there are W/A countries larger than Nigeria in land mass e.g Mali
so why would u say Iran is not up to two US states in the first place

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Sibrah: 8:48am On Jan 03, 2020
poseidon12:

So you support Boko Haram?
How?
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Florence86(f): 8:48am On Jan 03, 2020
uninspired07:

?
the US have to learn not to always feel comfortable in certain actions ..
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Baller45653: 8:49am On Jan 03, 2020
Roon9:
Will this war ever end?

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily
how much is it?
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Topmaike007(m): 8:50am On Jan 03, 2020
post=85454638:

War is the last thing we want in the world right now.

International shiites!
I have been supporting whatever thing you say politically, but in this I disagree, I am a Christian I hate the way Trump is treating other countries that are Islam, we're one so why the hate if na war no problem....
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:51am On Jan 03, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
The average citizen in Iran is tired of the regime, USA would make it easy to pull down that government
Totally false. The cohesion in Iran right now is at a very unprecedented level. Everybody now sees the US as the devil. Also, the US can't do anything to Iraq

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Topmaike007(m): 8:52am On Jan 03, 2020
ZombieTERROR:

Iran will do nothing

They are not even the size of two US states
you're saying nonsense, imagine if it was the Eastern region that was attacked like this how will you feel

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by crownwealth: 8:53am On Jan 03, 2020
[s]
PerfectlyPerfect:

If you knew anything about international geopolitics, you wouldn't be saying this. War isn't just about arms and munitions. A war with Iran will backfire spectacularly on the US. All the middle East countries, with the exception of Saudi Arabia and Israel will support Iran. Terrorist attacks will also increase in the US due to sentimentality of the Hezbollah and ISIS sleeper cells in the US who will feel their motherland is being attacked. Also, Iran recently took delivery of Russian S400 missile defence systems and just 5 of these will be enough to protect the entire country against foreign aggression in the air. The systems are advanced enjoy to take out any and all US air platforms, including the so-called stealth aircrafts.
In all, the US will be then biggest losers
[/s]

Bullshit from a bloody civilian grin

2 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Ewedegubbler: 8:54am On Jan 03, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

Not at all. They're in good terms but not paddy. The only reason why Putin (allegedly) influenced the US election was to make sure Hillary Clinton doesn't win. Clinton is a well-known war monger and if she had won, she's very likely to throw the world into a world war. Putin knows this. Also, Russia and US has had a long history of animosity, dating back to the 2nd world war. What US did to Russia (claiming the victory after russian troops had done all the dirty work against the Nazis) and during the cold war, and a lot of other US backstabs have made Russia cautious.

Russia owes USA a lot more than whatever the USA has done to them. Tell me how the Russians would have beaten the NAZIS if not for the USA. Germany was gonna clean both the USSR and Britain out if not for the intervention of the USA. D day comes to mind.. So I guess why Russia will even contemplate on taking on the USA in any conflict lest of all on the side of some desert dwelling primitive mullahs.

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by AFONJAPIG(m): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2020
poseidon12:

I guess you have become the US Defense Secretary.
you can wear bomb under ur pant and try to enter America like your brother nearly did.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2020
niaralandtopuser:
the middle East will suffer if there is any war. America will not allow the war to be fought in it own soil.
You're right on this. The US always likes taking wars to other countries. The East will suffer, but there'll be a ripple effect that'll also affect the US.
A full-blown war with Iran will be a terrible decision
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by crownwealth: 8:54am On Jan 03, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

Totally false. The cohesion in Iran right now is at a very unprecedented level. Everybody now sees the US as the devil. Also, the US can't do anything to Iraq

Fraudulent statements from someone in a shithole cheesy

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Grandlord: 8:55am On Jan 03, 2020
khiaa:

CORRECTION!

Never touch a white American, there's a difference.
Trump bullied the Swedish government into releasing Asap rocky who clearly, isn't white. undecided

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:56am On Jan 03, 2020
hotwax:

Trump started Libya war, Syria war, Yemen war...wait Google the word obama...

My dear muslim brother...Democrats are afraid to go to the Senate to present thier impeachment articles..it means democrats reps will also face questioning...and it may lead to indictments...

If u don't know about US politics, just shut up...Stop disgracing black people
Thank you for this. I read posts on this topic and I realise we're so ignorant. Most people in Nigeria get all their news on CNN and BBC, forgetting that these foreign media are just another way the US government spreads their propaganda

1 Like

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Kerfuffle: 8:56am On Jan 03, 2020
"The flag of General Soleimani in defense of the country's territorial integrity and the fight against terrorism and extremism in the region will be raised, and the path of resistance to US excesses will continue. The great nation of Iran will take revenge for this heinous crime"—Hassan Rouhani, President, Islamic Republic of Iran.

It's funny how many people chose to tow the path of stupidity as shown in their comments. Too many brain dead individuals on this forum.

There's almost no way America will remain the United States of America after the lapse of this decade.
Trump obviously wants war, and this time, this war (and subsequent ones it'll possibly trigger) will consume not only him, but his nation too. This time, the battle will not end on US bases across the world, Mainland US must get a taste too.

Iran is not one jungle like that in West Africa whose inhabitants will wait for God to come and fight their battles rather than utilizing the facilities he has blessed them with. Iran will never take this lying low, they will strike effectively and catch the United Snakes of America off-guard. When USA starts receiving body bags steadily, they'll know it's gameover.

The Dollar is already getting shaky, debts are off the roof, plenty hidden enemies and couple with the fact that the world has already had enough of US'es bullshit. 2020 is laced with surprises. Down to the wicked oppressor!

Some children who are better off reading their Integrated Science textbook or at best preparing for JAMB are also giving naive comments.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by crownwealth: 8:56am On Jan 03, 2020
[s]
Topmaike007:
I have been supporting whatever thing you say politically, but in this I disagree, I am a Christian I hate the way Trump is treating other countries that are Islam, we're one so why the hate if na war no problem....
[/s]

Fake Christian cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by mysticwarrior(m): 8:57am On Jan 03, 2020
Minjim:

You're losing ur conviction.
You claimed Finland defeated the Soviet Union. Not Russia. Are aware the the former USSR consisted of Russia and 14 other Republics. You simply saying Finland defeated them all.
That was what I responded to.
You didn't say they reached a peace agreement which FORCED Finland to secede parts of his territory.

If I may ask, where did you get ur own info from?
I guess google and all their sources are not credible again
go and read the book "Finland at war" by William R. Trotter
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by mysticwarrior(m): 8:59am On Jan 03, 2020
Ewedegubbler:

Russia owes USA a lot more than whatever the USA has done to them. Tell me how the Russians would have beaten the NAZIS if not for the USA. Germany was gonna clean both the USSR and Britain out if not for the intervention of the USA. D day comes to mind.. So I guess why Russia will even contemplate on taking on the USA in any conflict lest of all on the side of some desert dwelling primitive mullahs.
your claims are completely wrong, the US never assisted the Russians in defeating the Germans who invaded the soviet union.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by blowjohn(m): 9:00am On Jan 03, 2020
Soneh:
If you watched the American tv series"house of cards" you would understand the game Donald Trump is playing..The only way to get Americans behind him right now would be by taking them into a war.

This ur comment funny o. But makes a lot of sense
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by klax(m): 9:00am On Jan 03, 2020
Olominira:
More crises for Trump and an average American. This is unnecessary. Trump is committing a huge mistake by canceling the initial agreement reached with Iran.

Firstly, US can't even manage the ongoing crises she created in the past with Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Libya and others. Who's advising Trump? Crises in Libya is still a crisis in some parts of Europe. Germany already has millions of refugees from Syria. These are countries of smaller populations yet you seriously want to destabilize another country of 70-80 million people all at once.

The entire America with Europe would have a serious impact if Iran is set into crises. In fact, the entire world feel this impact because by the time 40 percent of oil output is cut off due to total blockage of Strait of Hormuz. The global market would respond immediately. This is not a wise choice. Even in Nigeria, a litre of petrol may go as far as N500

Too much talks abeg. You are shouting America America why did Iran threw missile to their camp? You did not talk about that bah?

I'm not in support of all these cross country unecessary interference by US around the world but if you strike their interest be ready for pay back simple as that.

More so if that guy not taken off I bet you he will become another Al Bagdadi these people are not peaceful in nature naturally so if you play with them they bleed you.

Don't strike US interest or disturbs their business then no issue if you strike them then issue will arise. Fact Bro!!! Every country can not be like Nigeria ok

3 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by uninspired07: 9:01am On Jan 03, 2020
Stanbaba30:
God bless you, whoever you are. Long live the United States of America.

Thank you.

The strength of Israel & her supporters will never fail.

5 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by uninspired07: 9:03am On Jan 03, 2020
Grandlord:
Trump bullied the Swedish government into releasing Asap rocky and he isn't white. undecided

Don’t mind that person. They keep labeling Trump as a racist because of his strict immigration policy.

2 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2020
hotwax:

Mr oga, when it comes to naval capability which US is the Sole leader, Iran can't close anywhere sir. Or. U think strait of. Hormuz is a gate?
The US is the naval power to countries like Nigeria. In an all-out war, Russia will side with Iran. In this circumstance, the US naval power will be naught. The US uses their aircraft carriers to project their power across the world but Russia now has hypersonic carrier-buster missiles that'll easily take out the carriers
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Thegoodone13(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2020
IpobAntidote:
I trust Iran to get their revenge one way or the other. Trump will be crying when they take their revenge.
Iran will do nothing. USA will be happy if Iran start the war.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by blowjohn(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

I know the US, I know Russia. The US is technically advanced but for the past 20 years they've been preoccupied with fighting unreasonable wars in different countries. Russia on the other hand has greatly improved their R & D. Once in a while, US' DARPA will show a new tech, but there's a big difference between a prototype and a battle-ready equipment. Do you know that the most advanced US fighter aircraft currently deployed, the F-35 is already obsolete, even before it's development was completed? Russia knows that the future of warfare isn't in the air, it's easy to take down aircraft. Russia has focused on submarines and missile tech, and they currently have the world's first hypersonic missile, and a range of missiles that can take out US aircraft carriers.
I'm not going to talk about the S400, read about it. Right now, the US has nothing as advanced as it is

Bro, ur underestimating the US o.
These guys can be extremely secretive about warfare o.
From MK ultra to area 51 to so many other stuffs, ull be underestimating them at ur own peril.

8 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Sterope(f): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2020
Tell that to the victims of 9/11

CSTR2:

Third World countries will feel it and not America.
Infact, it would drive America to a hyper drive mode.

US war ships would completely and openly take over the strait of hormuz and destroy any Persian installation that would prevent the flow of oil.

Drones and airstrikes would fly throughout the Middle East and America would no longer give a Fucckk anymore.

That is why the world should always be concerned about who becomes president in America.

In the wrong hands, it can be an unrestrained, unbeatable power, destroying all.
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by poseidon12: 9:04am On Jan 03, 2020
Sibrah:
How?

Your statement that the last set of Christians that were ANNIHILATED by Boko Haram was in response to American strike (on ISIS leader) and that it is Allah that is fighting for you (Muslims), obviously implies that you support the action of Boko Haram. Or do you feel I misquoted you?
Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by Blackking98(m): 9:04am On Jan 03, 2020
Olominira:
Many people are actually ignorant just like the people advising Trump to start a war with Iran. Where did many of you think Iran got such a powerful radar that was used to drop the most sophisticated US drone last year? Russia, China with Iran already have a joint military drill. Just as Russia is giving US headaches in Venezuela, Syria, Libya and others, US would be engaging both China and Russia in Iran. Someone said US has military in Okinawa, those people are at the mercy of North Korea.

US would be stressed this time, it would be huge for them. At the moment and for the first time, US military is extremely short staffed. Besides, there are a number of structural adjustments in the US military. I still don't understand why Trump think fighting Iran is a wise decision.
all this okete yarns. Japan is an American Ally. South Korea is an American Ally. The only saving grace North Korea has is China boy, now unto the middle East scene. You seem not to understand within the middle East no one likes Iran, Saudi and isreal become friends anytime they face an Iranian threat, most Arab nation's will side with Saudi Arabia and that's siding with the US. The EU will obviously side with the US cus of NATO. US is the modern day Sparta, Iran will just become another testing ground for new weapons and technology in the American arsenal waiting to be used. Iran doesn't stand a chance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by blowjohn(m): 9:05am On Jan 03, 2020
klax:

Too much talks abeg. You are shouting America America why did Iran threw missile to their camp? You did not talk about that bah?

I'm not in support of all these cross country unecessary interference by US around the world but if you strike their interest be ready for pay back simple as that.

More so if that guy not taken off I bet you he will become another Al Bagdadi these people are not peaceful in nature naturally so if you play with them they bleed you.

Don't strike US interest of disturbs their business then no issue if you strike them then issue will arise. Fact Bro!!!

Exactly my thoughts.
These other countries always like to start trouble.
When the US comes for them everyone starts crying foul

3 Likes

Re: Qasem Suleimani Killed In US Airstrike Near Baghdad Airport by uninspired07: 9:05am On Jan 03, 2020
Topmaike007:

What can kind of talk is this?

You know the Saudis are staunch Trump allies right? Trump even refused to sanction them for the gruesome murder of khasoogi.

This is not about religion, not in the least bit.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

I Have Slept With 5000 Men- Nairobi’s Oldest Prostitute Who Never Misses Church / Hurricane Irma Destroys Entire Barbuda, Caribbean Island (Photos) / How President Idris Deby Turned Up To Lead offensive Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.