Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

"I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker (73380 Views)

Mastermind of Abuja bank robbery arrested / Action Scenes Of Soldiers And Policemen Attacking/capturing Abuja Bank Robbers / Robbers Trapped Inside Abuja Bank As Police And Soldiers Block Off The Entrance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by Gratefulll(f): 10:44am On Jan 03, 2020
Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

A customer care officer of a first generation bank, which was attacked by armed robbers last Saturday, Larry Ehizo, has stated that he began planning how to carry out the operation in October 2019.

Ehizo, who recanted his earlier claim that a barman, Ernest Ewim, blackmailed him into carrying out the attempted heist, said he started nursing the idea having monitored the security system and the processes in the bank.

The customer care officer said, “Everything Ewim said is true; he didn’t threaten me. I willingly collected his number and I called him and he said I should give him a few days.

“When I called him, I simply told him how they would go in, where they would see the riot policeman guarding the bank and how to disconnect the CCTV. On Friday night during our meeting, we had issues with getting a driver.”

When asked the motive for the crime, Ehizo simply stated, “I was just greedy; I thought it was something simple that I could just pull off. I had taken time to study everything; I started thinking about it since October.

“Maybe, because I work inside, I felt I could take the money. So, I gradually mapped out where the CCTV is, where the police officer stays, his movement, how people are stationed over the weekend and how the ATM functions over the weekend. I took time to map it out for over a month.”

The Federal Capital Territory Police Command had arrested the sixth member of the gang, Ewim, at his hideout on Wednesday.

Wearing dreadlocks and dressed in a light blue denim jacket and matching blue jeans, the suspect sustained injuries in his legs.

Blood oozed out of his right ear as he spoke to PUNCH Metro in Abuja on Thursday.

The police had earlier gunned down a member of the gang, identified as Patrick, and arrested four others during the failed operation.

The FCT Commissioner of Police, Bala Ciroma, had on Tuesday paraded four gang members including Ehizo, 30, as well as Timothy Joe, 21; Princewill Obinna, 24; and Elijah David, 19.

Ewim, who doubles as a barman and disc jockey at the Ever Ready Hotel, Mpape, explained that he organised the gang that carried out the foiled heist at Ehizo’s request.

Narrating how he became involved in the attempted robbery, the 29-year-old said he met Ehizo at the customer care desk of the bank when he was having issues with his account.

He explained that after addressing his complaints, the bank official took his phone number and called him two days later, promising to give him a job.

Ewim stated, “After two days, I received a call from Ehizo, who identified himself and said he had a job for me. Two days later, he called back and said he would like to see me.

“He said he wanted to attack the bank branches in Mpape and Mararaba. I said I was not a robber. He asked if I could provide boys for him, so I told Obinna, a photographer, about it because I learnt that he was very stubborn and could fight.”

https://punchng.com/i-started-planning-abuja-bank-robbery-in-october-banker/

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by NwaAmaikpe: 10:44am On Jan 03, 2020
shocked

This is what happens when people download free heist movies from fzmovie and think that life is that easy.

459 Likes 26 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by LUGBE: 10:44am On Jan 03, 2020
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by Kingosytex(m): 10:51am On Jan 03, 2020
Some one should tell him to start planning on how to break jail from now. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

E sure me say you don enter!!!!

148 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by Ryda(m): 10:51am On Jan 03, 2020
Nime ụwa!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by qualityovenbake(m): 10:53am On Jan 03, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is what happens when people download free heist movies from fzmovie and think that life is that easy.
Italian job. cool

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by SarakiBukola: 10:54am On Jan 03, 2020
He had started planning for money to spray for Xmas

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by Slynation(m): 10:57am On Jan 03, 2020
Nawa ooo..... What an idiot
He wanted to play a fast one, now he will forever live in pains and anguish.....!!

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by cassidy1996(m): 10:57am On Jan 03, 2020
even well planned mission could go awry

8 Likes

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by cassidy1996(m): 10:58am On Jan 03, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

even well planned missions could go awry

6 Likes

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by Karemarealty288(m): 11:00am On Jan 03, 2020
You use your life play table tennis...

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by 24kmagic: 11:03am On Jan 03, 2020
If only wishes were horses

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by kestolove95(m): 11:04am On Jan 03, 2020
Blood oozed out of his right ear as he spoke to PUNCH Metro in Abuja on Thursday.

Oboy, d guy don collect enuf slap

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by Maxymilliano(m): 11:13am On Jan 03, 2020
With all these self confessions, when he is finally taken to court, his lawyer will start feeding him with craps like, "plead not guilty, tell the court you made all the confessions under duress..."

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by Jabioro: 12:02pm On Jan 03, 2020
They have started to sing correct songs..The Larry guy was at initial stage telling police corconted version and now that the said masterminder is inn for the rottenness..the song is be coming danceable to them .. Could you see where greediness and cultism is taken him to.. Dungeon!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by Topxcel: 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2020
When u decide not to be contended with what you have.... U begin to have thoughts that would one day lead u into trouble.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by LegendaryLover(m): 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
blood oozing from his ears means police don mend am wella

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by LegendaryLover(m): 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
the banker niggi just lost alot with one action... legit income, freedom, peace of mind, good rep.

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by mendii(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2020
thought the said he was threatened

Awon blogger blogger

7 Likes

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by dominique(f): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
mendii:
thought the said he was threatened

Awon blogger blogger

That was his first story. Now that the mastermind of the operation has been caught, he has changed stories. Goes to show he was in on it from the start, his family was not under threat as he claimed

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
Sarrki

1 Like

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by tstx(m): 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
Sometimes I wonder how person go just dey decide to carry weapons go rob..

Sometimes I wonder how a governor go just dey decide to squander money meant for the development of his state

Sometimes I wonder how a local government Chairman go just dey decide to squander money meant for the development of his municipality

Sometimes I wonder how a contractor go just dey decide to chop money meant for the execution of a project..

Sometimes i wonder..

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by naijazee2: 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
It's is well
Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by EmmaLege: 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
Na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by itsme01: 4:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
cool

do the crime pay the price

1 Like

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by blazetitov: 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
"He asked if I could provide boys for him, so I told Obinna, a photographer, about it because I learnt that he was very stubborn and could fight.”

This really cranked me up grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Armed robbery is different from being stubborn and pugnacious you bloody fool!!!

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by victorazyvictor(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
Too quick..

Too much Nigerian movies, wiwi and get rich quick.

If only you know how much efforts and skills required in rubbing banks?

Go and watch "Den of thieves"
Staring by 50Cent
You go understand.

Meanwhile, have fun in jail for many years because them never remember the file of those that just stole goats or picked puckets na you wey wan rub bank grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I Started Planning Abuja Bank Robbery In October" – Banker by maynation(f): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
This is the point where I detest constitution and all the purpose it serves.
See someone confessing and he's still being called suspect fa? grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Muhammad Alfa Who Raped 40 Women In 1 Year In Kano Arrested By Police / Ex-Convict, Mercy Orija, Rapes 12-Year-Old Girl To Death In Ogun (Photo) / Ghanaian Soldier, Maxwell Mahama, Lynched & Burnt To Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.