Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,805 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. (1293 Views)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Lust Is the Problem, Not Nudity, For Without Lust, Nudity Is Nothing / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by tpiar: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2020
What to do after lusting? We seem to be discussing a lot of lust but I'm not seeing any meaningful advice or suggestions on what should be done after Christian or church going lusters have lusted. I might not be aware of any, I mean.

Few things:

- No old testament radically dramatic fixes specifically picked for shock value. Thanks as you comply.

-Fornication and adultery should not be considered an option

-Share how you overcame your lust if applicable or if you want to.

-Hope the lust didnt chase you from Christianity or Christian morals?
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by nlPoster: 7:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by AntiChristian: 7:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
You can't overcome lust when you free-mix with ladies puting on sexy apparels! No amount of "heart-conditioning'' can save you.

In this era of slay queens....we now have slay queens for Christ!

Even if Jesus were to enter some churches nowadays,he will close his eyes...

All na lie Sha...
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by omlueh(m): 7:47pm On Jan 03, 2020
Please for GOD sake, be mindful of the words you use, Lord Jesus Christ is not Canal like me and you.
AntiChristian:
You can't overcome lust when you free-mix with ladies puting on sexy apparels! No amount of "heart-conditioning'' can save you.

Even if Jesus were to enter some churches nowadays,he will close his eyes...

All na lie Sha...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by AntiChristian: 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
omlueh:
Please for GOD sake, be mindful of the words you use, Lord Jesus Christ is not Canal like me and you.

He is not canal but he spent months in Mary's womb!

He is not carnal but he passed through the birth canal of Mary!

He is not carnal that he suck Mary's breast milk!

He's not carnal that he cursed the fig tree just because he was hungry and it had no fruit!

Do you need more?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by nlPoster: 9:07pm On Jan 03, 2020
That was before his crucifixion.
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by nlPoster: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
AntiChristian:
You can't overcome lust when you free-mix with ladies puting on sexy apparels!

Perhaps.
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by TooMuchStuff: 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
omlueh:

Only Christians with zero Encounter with God will ever waste his/her Precious time exchanging banter with the moniker Antichristian.

For me ....he exists not

1 Like

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by AntiChristian: 6:52am On Jan 04, 2020
TooMuchStuff:

Only Christians with zero Encounter with God will ever waste his/her Precious time exchanging banter with the moniker Antichristian.

For me ....he exists not

Which encounter did you have with God? Lies from the pit of hell. Truly, People are deluded in Christianity.

You self don be like Moses, Jacob, Abraham who saw God face to face in the Bible?

Every Tomiwa, Dike and Haruna now has encounter with God. God get plenty time?
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by Inteltower: 8:49am On Jan 04, 2020
AntiChristian:

Which encounter did you have with God? Lies from the pit of hell. Truly, People are deluded in Christianity.

You self don be like Moses, Jacob, Abraham who saw God face to face in the Bible?

Every Tomiwa, Dike and Haruna now has encounter with God. God get plenty time?

simply put
the evidence of rebellion is the evidence of a God

your days are numbered

why hate a being who only has ur best interest at heart

look at how ugly u are by this at a mirror and then
realize that u are a wolf fighting yourself and protecting your vain desires
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by AntiChristian: 9:42am On Jan 04, 2020
Inteltower:

simply put
the evidence of rebellion is the evidence of a God

your days are numbered

why hate a being who only has ur best interest at heart

look at how ugly u are by this at a mirror and then
realize that u are a wolf fighting yourself and protecting your vain desires

Stop the lies. You encountered normal things.
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by nlPoster: 10:42am On Jan 08, 2020
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by nlPoster: 10:46am On Jan 08, 2020
Reasons why Nigerian Christians experience lust:

-greed

- indiscipline

-carelessness

-loneliness

-work of the devil, ie carelessness

-unchristian attitude

-mental illness

I specified Christians here because of the belief they should not experience lust even though it's very commonplace among them .
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by incogni2o: 10:57am On Jan 08, 2020
AntiChristian:

He is not canal but he spent months in Mary's womb!

He is not carnal but he passed through the birth canal of Mary!

He is not carnal that he suck Mary's breast milk!

He's not carnal that he cursed the fig tree just because he was hungry and it had no fruit!

Do you need more?

So you mean Jesus did all that because of his canal mind.

You guys dont usually think deep.

Jesus did a lot of things to prove a point and also show he came in Human form.

Why not mention that his canality made him overcome temptation after the 40 days fasting.

Shallow thinking ****

1 Like

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 08, 2020
It is a holy birth, from a holy womb (Ark of the Covenant), without the stain of sin, even in human form. Hosanna!
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by AntiChristian: 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2020
incogni2o:

So you mean Jesus did all that because of his canal mind.

You guys dont usually think deep.

Jesus did a lot of things to prove a point and also show he came in Human form.

Why not mention that his canality made him overcome temptation after the 40 days fasting.

Shallow thinking ****

Everything I mentioned and yours can be done by humans!

If you want to tell me he is God, why was he afraid to die begging his father to carry cup comot so tey the holy spirit (his God brother) came to strengthen him? Doesn't he have a power of his own? Do God need power to die?
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by incogni2o: 6:35pm On Jan 08, 2020
AntiChristian:

Everything I mentioned and yours can be done by humans!

If you want to tell me he is God, why was he afraid to die begging his father to carry cup comot so tey the holy spirit (his God brother) came to strengthen him? Doesn't he have a power of his own? Do God need power to die?

As i mentioned before, You are a shallow thinking .......(fill in the gap).

I'll rather not argue cos you wouldn't think deeply about my points.

Only Prayer and your will can open your mind.

1 Like

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by MuttleyLaff: 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2020
tpiar:
What to do after lusting? We seem to be discussing a lot of lust but I'm not seeing any meaningful advice or suggestions on what should be done after Christian or church going lusters have lusted. I might not be aware of any, I mean.

Few things:
- No old testament radically dramatic fixes specifically picked for shock value. Thanks as you comply.
- Fornication and adultery should not be considered an option
- Share how you overcame your lust if applicable or if you want to.
- Hope the lust didnt chase you from Christianity or Christian morals?
What to do after lusting, is to engage a fight-or-flight response. Prepare and get the body ready to fight or flee, lol.

What did Joseph do when he found himself caught in the thick of a compromising position/situation? He tore himself away from the clutches of Potiphar's tempting, attractive, sexually arousing and exciting wife, left his garment in her hand, fled, escaped and ran outside.

What did king David do when he found himself looking down at a compromising position/situation?. He stood his ground, waited there enjoying himself taking pleasure in greatly getting a kick out of watching Bathsheba cleansing herself (i.e. doing the purification from her monthly period). There are a lot of lessons to learn from king David's. Like, the devil finds work for idle hands, like idle hands are tools in the devil's workshop, like dont wait and be eyes opened staring waiting for the insect to fly in, lol. Like, flee, run for dear life, that much your feet arent touching the ground. Like, man up, culvitivate some strong backbone, self-control, self-restraint, self-discipline, will power, the ability to control your feelings and overcome whatever the weaknesses maybe (i.e. maybe lusting after women, over indulgence alcohol, abusive gambling etcetera)

The other most important thing is having a paradigm shift. This is something I and Finallydead were going to talk about and explain the dynamics of it to WinningEleven. Paradigm shift, is change that happens when the usual way of thinking about something, somebody and/or anything, or the usual way of seeing something, somebody and/or anything, or even the usual way of doing something, is replaced by a new and different way, and all that down to having a better understanding, having a proper awareness of facts etcetera.

AntiChristian:
[img]https://s3/images/MuttleyFearless7fe1b418d5834f7c.jpg[/img]
Self-restraint is a learned and/or acquired skill. Overcoming lust comes with training of the mind. Like get to the point, of giving a cat a bowl of milk to guard and nothing happens to the milk getting being slurped up by the cat, lol

Please ignore the fearless cat in the above picture, that's a red herring, the real objects of interest in the above picture, are the self-disciplined Alsatian German Shepherd dogs, staying in their stations and not going chasing after the bold and without a care in the world taking a stroll in a beautiful bright sunning vitamin D day cat. That is the beauty of self-discipline, captured in "a picture is worth a thousand words" taken shot.

Some cats can be left to guard a fish without eating it and some can be given a bowl of milk to guard without licking it.
Now, if one is not fortified, if one is not grounded in the word of God, if one is not standing on the word of God, if one loses focus on God, if one hasnt the regard for God in him, like Joseph had (i.e. Genesis 39:9) and if one is not self disciplined, then one is giving the devil a freehand and easy access to try and exploit weakness or dent(s) in ones armour.

One has it or one doesnt has it. You see, one needs to grow and build up self restraint. King David lacked enough self-restraint, this is why upon seeing a "näked" and alluring Bathsheba, he was unable to restrain himself unable to hold it back together, unable to look the other way, unable to vacate immediately that vantage high point he was at watching Bathsheba from.

The test of a man, just like in the garden of Eden is to have something too attractive and tempting before him/her, to see how or how not he/her will do when no one is watching. Will he/her resist. lol. There are too many weak males about who call themselves men, they are nothing than fake and weak arse men, lol

AntiChristian:
Well, the insect eating away the vegetable leaves, actually lives in the vegetable leaf, lol.

AntiChristian:
Even if Jesus were to enter some churches nowadays, He will close his eyes...
[img]https://s5/images/4Monkeys.gif[/img]
You are right on the money. What you wrote about that even if Jesus were to enter some churches nowadays, He will close His eyes is completely accurate. That is one of the first line of defense. Look, but see no evil, lol, or better still, just close the eyes, and then find the exit pronto or sharpishly, lol.

Do you know why there are no woman Imam?

AntiChristian:
All na lie Sha...
"All na lie Sha..." what's that supposed to mean? Care to give more details and/or examples, on this, hmm?

1 Like

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by CaveAdullam: 9:19pm On Jan 08, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
What to do after lusting, is to engage a fight-or-flight response. Prepare and get the body ready to fight or flee, lol.

What did Joseph do when he found himself caught in the thick of a compromising position/situation? He tore himself away from the clutches of Potiphar's tempting, attractive, sexually arousing and exciting wife, left his garment in her hand, fled, escaped and ran outside.

What did king David do when he found himself looking down at a compromising position/situation?. He stood his ground, waited there enjoying himself taking pleasure in greatly getting a kick out of watching Bathsheba cleansing herself (i.e. doing the purification from her monthly period). There are a lot of lessons to learn from king David's. Like, the devil finds work for idle hands, like idle hands are tools in the devil's workshop, like dont wait and be eyes opened staring waiting for the insect to fly in, lol. Like, flee, run for dear life, that much your feet arent touching the ground. Like, man up, culvitivate some strong backbone, self-control, self-restraint, self-discipline, will power, the ability to control your feelings and overcome whatever the weaknesses maybe (i.e. maybe lusting after women, over indulgence alcohol, abusive gambling etcetera)

The other most important thing is having a paradigm shift. This is something I and Finallydead were going to talk about and explain the dynamics of it to WinningEleven. Paradigm shift, is change that happens when the usual way of thinking about something, somebody and/or anything, or the usual way of seeing something, somebody and/or anything, or even the usual way of doing something, is replaced by a new and different way, and all that down to having a better understanding, having a proper awareness of facts etcetera.

[img]https://s3/images/MuttleyFearless7fe1b418d5834f7c.jpg[/img]
Self-restraint is a learned and/or acquired skill. Overcoming lust comes with training of the mind. Like get to the pint of giving a cat a bowl of milk to guard and nothing happens to the milk getting being slurped up by the cat, lol

Please ignore the fearless cat in the above picture, that's a red herring, the real objects of interest in the above picture, are the self-disciplined Alsatian German Shepherd dogs, staying in their stations and not going chasing after the bold and without a care in the world taking a stroll in a beautiful bright sunning vitamin D day cat. That is the beauty of self-discipline, captured in "a picture is worth a thousand words" taken shot.

Some cats can be left to guard a fish without eating it and some can be given a bowl of milk to guard without licking it.
Now, if one is not fortified, if one is not grounded in the word of God, if one is not standing on the word of God, if one loses focus on God, if one hasnt the regard for God in him, like Joseph had (i.e. Genesis 39:9) and if one is not self disciplined, then one is giving the devil a freehand and easy access to try and exploit weakness or dent(s) in ones armour.

One has it or one doesnt has it. You see, one needs to grow and build up self restraint. King David lacked enough self-restraint, this is why upon seeing a "näked" and alluring Bathsheba, he was unable to restrain himself unable to hold it back together, unable to look the other way, unable to vacate immediately that vantage high point he was at watching Bathsheba from.

The test of a man, just like in the garden of Eden is to have something too attractive and tempting before him/her, to see how or how not he/her will do when no one is watching. Will he/her resist. lol. There are too many weak males about who call themselves men, they are nothing than fake and weak arse men, lol

Well, the insect eating away the vegetable leaves, actually lives in the vegetable leaf, lol.

[img]https://s5/images/4Monkeys.gif[/img]
You are right on the money. What you wrote about that even if Jesus were to enter some churches nowadays, He will close His eyes is completely accurate. That is one of the first line of defense. Look, but see no evil, lol, or better still, just close the eyes, and then find the exit pronto or sharpishly, lol.

Do you know why there are no woman Imam?

"All na lie Sha..." what's that supposed to mean? Care to give more details and/or examples, on this, hmm?
Wisdom is hidden in details and he that want to overcome lust must pay attention to this detail.

Well done old classic specimen of a human being.

1 Like

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by AntiChristian: 9:20pm On Jan 08, 2020
incogni2o:

As i mentioned before, You are a shallow thinking .......(fill in the gap).

I'll rather not argue cos you wouldn't think deeply about my points.

Only Prayer and your will can open your mind.

What here to think about? It's either Jesus is man or God? He can't be 100%man and 100%God. If he's a man then he's not God. If he's God then can God be afraid of his own plan to die?
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by MuttleyLaff: 10:12pm On Jan 08, 2020
CaveAdullam:
Wisdom is hidden in details and he that want to overcome lust must pay attention to this detail.
Well done old classic specimen of a human being.
You're too kind, but then lust, really and truly has its place and time. We are to lust correctly and rightfully, which means lust, funnily enough and in a very strange or unusual manner, can be a good thing, so long it is not abused, misused and/or disused, lol. We all know that we are to lust after those things that God wants us to lust after. David was a man after God's own heart, yet he lusted the wrong way, well, we thank God, that the bible is rife with what is the sin of lust and how to fight or overcome it.

AntiChristian:
What here to think about? It's either Jesus is man or God? He can't be 100%man and 100%God. If he's a man then he's not God. If he's God then can God be afraid of his own plan to die?
Jesus is man God. He is 100%man and 100%God. That isnt and there is nothing hard for God to do, lol. Have you proof of God, ever saying God was afraid of His plan to die

1 Like

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by incogni2o: 11:41pm On Jan 08, 2020
AntiChristian:

Let me teach you like a Kid since you keep coming back.

A Man consists of the Spirit, Soul and Body.

The Body is the canal part that wants Pleasure and is Lazy...wants to eat when hungry. Feels pain when going through a bad situation.

The soul is the emotional part .. Feels anger, agony, Love.

The spirit is the will and keeps us alive and connected to the world beyond.

Jesus is God in Human Flesh.

Definitely to represent that he went through all that an ordinary Man can go through which includes Hunger and Pain.

Remember God made Man in his image.

Your spirit is 100% you
Your soul is 100% you
Your body is 100% you

So Jesus in Human Flesh means that he came to feel our pain thereby being able to be substituted for the pain we should have gone through.

If you want to reply, think first so i can reply you also so that we dont turn it to an aimless argument
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by incogni2o: 9:23am On Jan 09, 2020
AntiChristian:

I told you to think.

I explained to you that he was in Flesh.

He wasn't afraid of Death cos if He was he wouldn't surrender himself to the killers.

The Flesh feels pain.

His soul was in agony(emotion) thinking about the painful experience He was about going through.
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by AntiChristian: 4:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
incogni2o:

I told you to think.

I explained to you that he was in Flesh.

He wasn't afraid of Death cos if He was he wouldn't surrender himself to the killers.

The Flesh feels pain.

His soul was in agony(emotion) thinking about the painful experience He was about going through.

Dont try to confuse me. Jesus was not a man like me. He did miracles which include waking up the dead! Can a man do such?

Did he die as a man or as God?
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by AntiChristian: 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
incogni2o:

Let me teach you like a Kid since you keep coming back.

A Man consists of the Spirit, Soul and Body.

The Body is the canal part that wants Pleasure and is Lazy...wants to eat when hungry. Feels pain when going through a bad situation.

The soul is the emotional part .. Feels anger, agony, Love.

The spirit is the will and keeps us alive and connected to the world beyond.

Jesus is God in Human Flesh.

Definitely to represent that he went through all that an ordinary Man can go through which includes Hunger and Pain.

Remember God made Man in his image.

Your spirit is 100% you
Your soul is 100% you
Your body is 100% you

So Jesus in Human Flesh means that he came to feel our pain thereby being able to be substituted for the pain we should have gone through.

If you want to reply, think first so i can reply you also so that we dont turn it to an aimless argument

OK, now I understand. So many philosophies intertwined!

God made man in our image? So considering the way we are how does God look like?

What prove exists from Jesus himself that he is God in human form?
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by AntiChristian: 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You're too kind, but then lust, really and truly has its place and time. We are to lust correctly and rightfully, which means lust, funnily enough and in a very strange or unusual manner, can be a good thing, so long it is not abused, misused and/or disused, lol. We all know that we are to lust after those things that God wants us to lust after. David was a man after God's own heart, yet he lusted the wrong way, well, we thank God, that the bible is rife with what is the sin of lust and how to fight or overcome it.

Jesus is man God. He is 100%man and 100%God. That isnt and there is nothing hard for God to do, lol. Have you proof of God, ever saying God was afraid of His plan to die

We are 100% man

God is 100% God

Your Jesus is an hermaphrodite or a hoax?
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by incogni2o: 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
AntiChristian:

Dont try to confuse me. Jesus was not a man like me. He did miracles which include waking up the dead! Can a man do such?

Did he die as a man or as God?

Go and read the Bible and stop coming to ask me naive questions vividly answered there.

I guess you're not an honest seeker

1 Like

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by MuttleyLaff: 12:36am On Jan 10, 2020
AntiChristian:
We are 100% man
God is 100% God
Affirmative 1000%

AntiChristian:
Your Jesus is an hermaphrodite or a hoax?
Where is your proof of God, ever saying God was afraid of His plan to die?
Anyway, explain what is a hermaphrodite please, lol?
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by Finallydead: 2:00am On Jan 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

The other most important thing is having a paradigm shift. This is something I and Finallydead were going to talk about and explain the dynamics of it to WinningEleven.
Still waiting patiently for this. Could tell you would bring a beneficial perspective from your questions.
Self-restraint is a learned and/or acquired skill. Overcoming lust comes with training of the mind. Like get to the point, of giving a cat a bowl of milk to guard and nothing happens to the milk getting being slurped up by the cat, lol
Very true, sir. Hope winningeleven is seing this. Men must be taught the mind's capacity for programming and reprogramming by repetitive habits over time. If we begin to habitually and persitently turn off the lustful look every time an opportunity is presented, disregarding failed attempts, we would eventually reprogramme the mind how to respond to opportunities.
Exactly. Failure in this begins with a heart disconnected from God. A living, bubbling relationship with God really is a most important protection. Once this is in place, other steps become easy to implement. Without this the demon of lust becomes so powerful.
Again one has to know exactly why he should desist from lust. A wrong 'why' would complicate issues. A good why is you can't cheat laws of existence. Lust with all its costs will surely Rob you of maximizing your potentials. It will progressively impede and kill your potentials. All that energy directed towards your life goals will surely make you a greater achiever in life whether spiritually or physically.
I should come back later when am free to add to this.

2 Likes

Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by AntiChristian: 5:15am On Jan 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Affirmative 1000%

Where is your proof of God, ever saying God was afraid of His plan to die?
Anyway, explain what is a hermaphrodite please, lol?

https://www.nairaland.com/5619723/jesus-forgets-plot#5619723.5

hermaphrodite means a half man half woman. Here I used it to mean half God half human!
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by AntiChristian: 5:37am On Jan 10, 2020
incogni2o:

Go and read the Bible and stop coming to ask me naive questions vividly answered there.

I guess you're not an honest seeker

You have the holy Spirit or so you claim. You said Jesus is a man!

Did he die as a human or God?
Re: Lust Is A Common Problem For Many Christians Nowadays. What Next, After Lust. by MuttleyLaff: 7:19am On Jan 10, 2020
AntiChristian:
https://www.nairaland.com/5619723/jesus-forgets-plot#5619723.5
"And Jesus answering, said, "You do not know what you ask for.
Are you able to drink the cup which I am about to drink?"
"
- Matthew 20:22a

""Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'?
No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.
"
- John 12:27

"Jesus said to Peter, "Put your sword back in its place!
Do you think that I will not drink the cup of suffering which my Father has given me
?"
"
- John 18:11

Thanks but no thanks for sign-posting me to this link and the original post there, but you werent expecting me to "second guess" what your point is, do you? Besides I dont see, any proof of God, ever saying God was afraid of His plan to die? Also, you in a way, that fits well with your "agenda" decided to not quote Matthew 26:38 right on to Matthew 26:39, to show where Jesus said "But let Your will be done rather than Mine". Or how about Luke 22:42's "Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." This is not a talk of someone afraid of God's plan, but is the human dimension of Jesus saying something to the effect of: "is having to go through all this looming suffering, really necessary, but hey dont mind Me, let Your plan and will be done God"

You dont all appreciate and/or understand the gravity and extent of the suffering Jesus went through at the hands of deliberately cruel, grudge-bearing, vindinctice baying for blood people. Jesus had His beard plucked from His face as He was lead to His death at calvary. Jesus was so much and that much beaten, the bible said, to the extent He was unrecognisable. The bible said because of the immense torture Jesus was subjected to, people recoiled from looking at Him, because of the shock of seeing the awful, horrific and appalling state of Him.

Jesus was not and never afraid of God's plan for man's redemption and salvation, rather He was concerned of the "bestial" cruelty of man. No creature could ever be so cruel as man, who can be so artfully and so artistically cruel. Man didnt disappoint, they showed their worst on that day on the way to Calvary and at hill of Calvary.

Matthew 20:22a, John 12:27, John 18:11 and other verses doesnt show Jesus saying He is afraid of God plan. Doesnt show Jesus of being afraid to die. Rather they all show, someone being admirably brave and determined to see God's plan come into fruition.

AntiChristian:
hermaphrodite means a half man half woman. Here I used it to mean half God half human!
If according to your correct definition of hermaphrodite meaning a half man half woman, then how did you manage to make the huge leap to equate hermaphrodite to mean half God half human, hmm? Are we to go along with your sentiment here to say the South African middle-distance runner Caster Semenya, then, is half God half human hmm? I dont think you thought it through properly enough before you made your comment

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Come Out Of Them & Be Seperate, Says The LORD" / Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son / Powerful New Month Prayer And Prophetic Declarations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.