Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) (60165 Views)

Parrot For Sell / Chimpanzee Pelts Girl With Its Feces At The U.I Zoo / Diary Of Scofield: My African Grey Parrot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Explorers(m): 10:59am On Jan 04, 2020
* A Florida man was fixing his wife's car outside their Lake Worth Beach home when his 40-year-old parrot began to scream 'Help', 'Let me out!'

Cops in Florida arrived at a home to investigate after receiving reports of a woman screaming for Help, only to find the neighbor had mistaken the noise for a parrot talking.

The silly moment happened outside a couple's home in Lake Worth Beach while the husband was fixing his wife's car just before New Year's Eve.

Home security footage shows the husband calmly shifting through his tool box as Rambo moans 'Help' and 'Let me out!'

'I was changing the brakes on my wife's car and had my 40-year-old parrot, Rambo, on his outside perch where he sings and talks,' the man said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7849929/Cops-arrive-Florida-home-neighbors-mistook-parrot-woman-screaming-help.html

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Explorers(m): 10:59am On Jan 04, 2020
In two minutes , four sheriff's deputies arrive at the couple's home, making the man jump in surprise and quickly turn around to face the trio.

The deputies inform the man that a nearby neighbor reported hearing a woman's desperate screams from inside the home.

The man quickly brings out Rambo the Screamer (pictured) and explains that his lifelong pet is a talking parrot who can utter phrases.

He revealed that Rambo's startling yells are something he taught the bird as a child.

'Sometimes Rambo yells "help, help, let me out".

Something I taught him when I was a kid and Rambo lived in a cage,' the husband said.

The man quickly returns with Rambo resting on his hand as the deputies light up and laugh at the sight of the green bird.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Explorers(m): 10:59am On Jan 04, 2020
The man said,

'I promptly introduced the officers to Rambo and we all had a good laugh,' he wrote.

After the deputies left, the man took Rambo to meet the concerned neighbor to explain the incident.

'Afterward, I also introduced Rambo to the neighbor who called in the screaming. She too had a good laugh,' he said.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by PointZerom: 11:00am On Jan 04, 2020
If it is in Nigeria, You're on your own.

174 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 04, 2020
Same scenario in Nigeria
That is if those at the police desk picks the call o
Or if those police have fuel in their vans
When they eventually arrive.
Arrest parrot owner
Arrest neighbor
Arrest parrot.
Parrot disappears from custody... .Most likely featured in a deliciously made pepper soup with shrimps and fish.
Parrot owner released on bail. 10k
Neighbor released for disturbing them. .. 10k

It's a win win for the police.
Actor no dey die for film.

One day I believe we will get it right.

778 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by yanabasee(m): 11:11am On Jan 04, 2020
EndTime parrot...

Explorer.... Happy new year bro. We missed your concise updates.

16 Likes

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by poshestmina(f): 11:18am On Jan 04, 2020
Good concerned neighbors
Nigeria neighbors will only increase their music to drown the noise .

Them go say"Na im wife na,make e beat am die" until the woman faints or die before they will come out or call policeundecided undecided undecided undecided undecided.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by MJBOLT: 11:23am On Jan 04, 2020
the parrot should end up in a pot of soup before it puts somebody in trouble

8 Likes

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Nmezor(f): 11:32am On Jan 04, 2020
Funni bird... When did they start sounding like really humans biko

3 Likes

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Davash222(m): 11:32am On Jan 04, 2020
Just 2 minutes, Police show.
In Nigeria, Police would come after 2 days to arrest the neighbor for making unnecessary distress call to them.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Lekan111(m): 11:45am On Jan 04, 2020
I am surprised by the arrival of police in just two minutes(No holdup, no missing of road)
What a nice gesture from the neighbor

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Lekan111(m): 11:46am On Jan 04, 2020
Davash222:
Just 2 minutes, Police show.
In Nigeria, Police would come after 2 days to arrest the neighbor for making unnecessary distress call to them.
I laughed

6 Likes

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by vincentjk(m): 11:48am On Jan 04, 2020
Try this is Nigeria if the police fails to tell you they've no petrol and eventually show up just to see this joke, they'd sell that parrot and share the money whether you like it or not

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2020
Explorers:
In two minutes , four sheriff's deputies arrive at the couple's home, making the man jump in surprise and quickly turn around to face the trio.

The deputies inform the man that a nearby neighbor reported hearing a woman's desperate screams from inside the home.

The man quickly brings out Rambo the Screamer (pictured) and explains that his lifelong pet is a talking parrot who can utter phrases.

He revealed that Rambo's startling yells are something he taught the bird as a child.

Something I taught him when I was a kid and Rambo lived in a cage,' the husband said.

The man quickly returns with Rambo resting on his hand as the deputies light up and laugh at the sight of the green bird.

That bird looks like a parakeet...

Those creatures are about the most intelligent species of parrots. There are several types and sizes though. Most of them brightly-plumaged.

This one here should be medium-sized. The slightly bigger ones.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by qualityovenbake(m): 11:54am On Jan 04, 2020
Am fascinated by intelligent creatures.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 04, 2020
cheesy cheesy
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by hisgrace090: 11:59am On Jan 04, 2020
PointZerom:

And the parrot must reach station as an evidence to be bailed out latter.

7 Likes

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by psalmsmiles(m): 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
wow

1 Like

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by hisgrace090: 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
vincentjk:
Try this is Nigeria if the police fails to tell you they've no petrol and eventually show up just to see this joke, they'd sell that parrot and share the money whether you like it or not

Should I call it hunger or what?

Fear 9ja police.
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by vincentjk(m): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
hisgrace090:

Should I call it hunger or what?

Fear 9ja police.

It isn't their fault, if you were in their shoes you would also do the same.

Let's look at it this way; your oga gave you a hilux but didn't bring anything for fuel, would you use the little token you should use to take care of your family to fuel the hilux simply because you want to be a good person?

This is Nigeria where only the fittest survive

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Malawian(m): 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
PointZerom:
Abi they would arrest the parrot for giving false information. grin grin

This country is full of mad people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by tck2000(m): 2:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
Shibaraba:
Same scenario in Nigeria
Arrest parrot owner
Arrest neighbor
Arrest parrot.
Parrot disappears from custody... .Most likely featured in a deliciously made pepper soup with shrimps and fish.

lol

1 Like

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by April4th(m): 3:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
Shibaraba:
Same scenario in Nigeria
Arrest parrot owner
Arrest neighbor
Arrest parrot.

Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Namdeenero(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
If this were Nigeria that neighbor for collect beating later for “Not minding her business” angry angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Ishilove: 3:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Shibaraba:
Same scenario in Nigeria
Arrest parrot owner
Arrest neighbor
Arrest parrot.

Both the parrot owner and neighbor will write 'statement', then bail themselves with minimum of 10k per head. Even the parrot will have to be bailed.

One day we will get it right, but when?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by laivwire(m): 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
Lol
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Thecvbankng: 9:01am On Jan 05, 2020
Imagine Nigerian police responding to a 911 call from a citizen because of a parrot. Dem go arrest the caller, seize the parrot and charge the owner for owning a dangerous bird that talks grin

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by MrBONE2(m): 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2020
Explorers:

grin

1 Like

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Floryangel8: 8:20am On Jan 06, 2020
In a working system. In Nigeria they kill the parrot and call it village people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:59am On Jan 06, 2020
PointZerom:

They will say the man is a ritualist and turned his girlfriend to a bird.

And no matter how best the man try to convince the mob that will gather, it will be hard for them to believe him especially if the bird continue shouting help me, help me.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Octopusssy(f): 9:03am On Jan 06, 2020
I had no idea parrots live this long.

7 Likes

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Scottderek: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show / A Nairalander Going To Work Saves A Python (Photos) / Cat Reading At OAU Ife, Awo Hall (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.