Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) (60157 Views)

Parrot For Sell / Chimpanzee Pelts Girl With Its Feces At The U.I Zoo / Diary Of Scofield: My African Grey Parrot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by maasoap(m): 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2020
tobstarizhia:
That's a well fabricated lie. if I were the police men I'd do a thorough search of the house. Parrots are taught to mimic speech (human speech). I don't see a reason why a boy will teach a parrot to scream help help let me out! It's probable that the parrot must have heard one of the victim, a woman screaming to be let out and just copied the sound. perhaps the neighbour was right in what she heard, and it had in fact been a woman screaming.
This guy may very well be a SERIAL KILLER.

Watch is this, please?
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by EmmyDJourno: 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
If it is Naija you must pay for fuel wey Police take come the place and money wey dem take commot gun and bullet from Amory
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by ItooWorWor(m): 12:49pm On Jan 06, 2020
Shibaraba:
Same scenario in Nigeria
That is if those at the police desk picks the call o
Or if those police have fuel in their vans
When they eventually arrive.
Arrest parrot owner
Arrest neighbor
Arrest parrot.
Parrot disappears from custody... .Most likely featured in a deliciously made pepper soup with shrimps and fish.
Parrot owner released on bail. 10k
Neighbor released for disturbing them. .. 10k

It's a win win for the police.
Actor no dey die for film.

One day I believe we will get it right.
grin grin
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by freethesheeple(m): 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2020
vincentjk:
Try this is Nigeria if the police fails to tell you they've no petrol and eventually show up just to see this joke, they'd sell that parrot and share the money whether you like it or not

hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by LZAA: 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2020

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by DexterousOne(m): 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2020
vincentjk:

It isn't their fault, if you were in their shoes you would also do the same.

Let's look at it this way; your oga gave you a hilux but didn't bring anything for fuel, would you use the little token you should use to take care of your family to fuel the hilux simply because you want to be a good person?

This is Nigeria where only the fittest survive

A jungle republic
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Bake240(m): 1:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
for my naija.. you go hear police say see me see trouble ooo I comot inside this hot sun to come hear say parrot dey shout help. oga..that parrot must shout that help again make we gada hear. if not ... oga we die here ;
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Lexjully: 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
My gallant Nigerian police go don slap nonsense commot for the man head first before even asking "where u keep the woman? " When you now bring out the bird, you will be charged with witchcraft. Straight to station. The next talk no bail. As you come be rich man, no from 1m go up. If you try to argue, you will be charged with yahoo, money laundry, etc. The case is transferred to EFCC. From there DSS.... All this just because your bird talk.

How I wish Trump go just forget about Iran and face this country sef....

2 Likes

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Lekan111(m): 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2020
BluntBoy:

That is why you have to provide correct information when you call 911.

As for response time, it can vary. Sometimes, it can take as long as 48 minutes.

There was a story I read of a woman whose husband called 911 because a strange man was getting violent in front of their house. The police response time was 48 long minutes. The first officer contacted to travel down to the location said he had no car available.

But all in all, they are miles ahead of the Nigeria police force.
Waoooooo, perhaps we only hear the good part
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by madridsta007(m): 2:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
Explorers:
In two minutes , four sheriff's deputies arrive at the couple's home, making the man jump in surprise and quickly turn around to face the trio.

The deputies inform the man that a nearby neighbor reported hearing a woman's desperate screams from inside the home.

The man quickly brings out Rambo the Screamer (pictured) and explains that his lifelong pet is a talking parrot who can utter phrases.

He revealed that Rambo's startling yells are something he taught the bird as a child.

'Sometimes Rambo yells "help, help, let me out".

Something I taught him when I was a kid and Rambo lived in a cage,' the husband said.

The man quickly returns with Rambo resting on his hand as the deputies light up and laugh at the sight of the green bird.

If the man was black....

1 Like

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Treasure17(m): 2:15pm On Jan 06, 2020
Shibaraba:
Same scenario in Nigeria
Arrest parrot owner
Arrest neighbor
Arrest parrot.
Parrot disappears from custody... .Most likely featured in a deliciously made pepper soup with shrimps and fish.

Funny but it's the truth.

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by ajl: 2:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
poshestmina:
Good concerned neighbors
Nigeria neighbors will only increase their music to drown the noise .

Them go say"Na im wife na,make e beat am die" until the woman faints or die before they will come out or call policeundecided undecided undecided undecided undecided.

Don't be fooled by this hypocritical Americans. They will easily call 911 or cops to get a neighbour in trouble but will likely won't do a thing for a stranger that is in some kind of trouble in public that need immediate help. I live in Texas and on three different occasions I had to call 911 to get help for individuals who appeared unconscious in front of their steering wheel in their cars, usually after stopping by traffic red light. These white Americans here just slowed down when they drove by the victim's vehicle, gave the victim a side look and drove off. During the last incident on Boxing day, while I made a U-turn to park in a gas station some meters away from the victim vehicle in order to get help for the victim by calling 911, it was only an African-Americans lady that stopped to help the white middle-age victim. While I made the 911 call from a distance, the lady stopped her vehicle in the middle of the road beside the victim's car. She stepped out and open the victim's car door and gave the guy a shove on his shoulder. Unbelievably the guy came "alive" after apparently falling asleep in front of the steering. But what I observed was that he had a bottle of wine beside him and appear to be drunk. In summary, most people here and most especially white people will not even give you a look if you are in some kind of trouble because they will suppose that there is a system in place to come to your aid. But somebody got to step up or make the call.

1 Like

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Dybala11(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
Shibaraba:
Same scenario in Nigeria
Arrest parrot owner
Arrest neighbor
Arrest parrot.

And they'll only respond to your call after 24 hours
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Dybala11(m): 3:23pm On Jan 06, 2020
Thecvbankng:
Imagine Nigerian police responding to a 911 call from a citizen because of a parrot. Dem go arrest the caller, seize the parrot and charge the owner for owning a dangerous bird that talks grin
They can even label the bird a terrorist
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Paxmedical(m): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
Shibaraba:
Same scenario in Nigeria
Arrest parrot owner
Arrest neighbor
Arrest parrot.

Then the neighbor who reported and the man who was reported will bail themselves. �
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Kirchhoff01(m): 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
Lwkmd... I swear the comments are funny. I'm crying
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Legendguru: 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
hmmm
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by waxzimiton7(m): 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
The parrot might be seeing what no one sees. A call to 112 oyo state means action and be rest actual, everything will be fine.

You can follow their Twitter handle @112ibadan also on IG.

Thanks.
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Retrography(m): 5:08pm On Jan 06, 2020
After some nonentities will say that white men usually mind their business. If they mind their business, do you think they will be developed as they are right now?
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by jaxxy(m): 5:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
Interesting. Lol
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by moorevic(m): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
while the husband was fixing his wife's car just before New Year's Eve. not Nigerian pvssy ass boys. Running to NL to complain of any slightest issue.
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Explorers(m): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
BluntBoy:

That is why you have to provide correct information when you call 911.

As for response time, it can vary. Sometimes, it can take as long as 48 minutes.

There was a story I read of a woman whose husband called 911 because a strange man was getting violent in front of their house. The police response time was 48 long minutes. The first officer contacted to travel down to the location said he had no car available.

But all in all, they are miles ahead of the Nigeria police force.

48mins, maybe they living far away from civilization.

You call 911, tell them the situation and the address.

They contact the nearest unit to the given address.

It's true that response time varies, Beverly Hills in CA is less than 30seconds and some places will be in minutes.

But a whole 48mins? Very rare.

1 Like

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by One4me: 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
Lexjully:
My gallant Nigerian police go don slap nonsense commot for the man head first before even asking "where u keep the woman? " When you now bring out the bird, you will be charged with witchcraft. Straight to station. The next talk no bail. As you come be rich man, no from 1m go up. If you try to argue, you will be charged with yahoo, money laundry, etc. The case is transferred to EFCC. From there DSS.... All this just because your bird talk.

How I wish Trump go just forget about Iran and face this country sef....

Go and ask the Iraqis who had such mentality and made such ignorant decision!
They just voted that they want the US out of their country and guess what?
The US said we are not going anywhere otherwise we will destroy you if forced to leave. shocked angry angry
They are now faced with a much more powerful, exploitative, terrorist visitor who has turned itself to their Lord and Master. grin
Be careful what you wish for, when it comes to the US.
undecided undecided
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by One4me: 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2020
Retrography:
After some nonentities will say that white men usually mind their business. If they mind their business, do you think they will be developed as they are right now?

There are two types of "minding your business" when it comes to the Whiteman.

- The first one is when they want to show sympathy or are genuinely concerned about their neighbours.
- The second one is the "Aproko" type and trust me, no one gossips about others, than the whipe people, especially the retired, older ones with wrinkled face and no lips! grin grin

But the difference in this story that most people did not recognise is that "the Police had a good laugh when white man told them that it was a Parrot mimicking a human".

Now, if the man in Question is a BLACK MAN, this is how it will go:

The Police will come there with Gun drawn and shouting "on the floor, on the floor" and just as the man is about to go down on the floor, in obideince to their instruction, they would pump no less than fifteen bullets into him and then claim they were afraid for themselves and though the screw driver he was using to work on wifey's car, was a gun!

As far as white Policemen in the US are concerned, Black People dont deserve to live, you shoot them first and then ask questions later....but they respect the life of their fellow white folks!
Bloody, racist b@st@rd!

1 Like

Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 06, 2020
[quote author=Octopusssy post=85545264]I had no idea parrots live this long. [quote] yes dey do. This breed is expensive sha. E
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Cousin9999: 8:49pm On Jan 06, 2020
MJBOLT:
the parrot should end up in a pot of soup before it puts somebody in trouble

Chill. lol
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
Explorers:

48mins, maybe they living far away from civilization.

You call 911, tell them the situation and the address.

They contact the nearest unit to the given address.

It's true that response time varies, Beverly Hills in CA is less than 30seconds and some places will be in minutes.

But a whole 48mins? Very rare.

No, they don't contact the nearest unit to the given address.

Rather, they contact any police officer within the concerned county, not necessarily close to the given address.

The average response time however is 9 minutes.

You might try and read up on police response time.
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by Eidris01(m): 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
Shibaraba:
Same scenario in Nigeria
Arrest parrot owner
Arrest neighbor
Arrest parrot.

lol
Re: Parrot Screams For 'Help', Neighbor Called 911 And Cops Show Up In The U.S(Pics) by BluntBoy(m): 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2020
Lekan111:
Waoooooo, perhaps we only hear the good part

Yes, we always hear the good part.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Ogbomosho Dog Show / A Nairalander Going To Work Saves A Python (Photos) / Cat Reading At OAU Ife, Awo Hall (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.