Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract (21267 Views)

June 12: MKO Family Faces Hardship As FG Revokes Oil Block / FG Revokes Six Oil Licences, Gives Reasons / Kogi Itobe Protest: See The Young Igala Traditional Ruler That Was Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by VampireDog: 8:20am On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
post=85514207:

Good one from the FG.
No more business as usual .
Take it from them and give it to the people that can handle it adequately and efficiently.

This company surely would have gone away with our money for no job done at the period of our nation when STEALING WASN'T CORRUPTION.

Thank God for our darling Daddy, President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO.

Nigeria will be great again.
God bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by zabuur: 8:34am On Jan 05, 2020
bluebay:
Imagine... Contract awarded under 2015 regime and this is the time.they revoking it. See lie. We Nigerians stand to tell you that we wiser now and we know what's going on... Stop Masking your failure and take responsibility APC.

U haven't mentioned any solution wiser Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by rasakkenny(m): 8:37am On Jan 05, 2020
Dont you guys prequalify tenderers before tendering?!
What's even happening in this shithole country that we cant get anything right?!
Imagine! You awarded to someone ooo and you are now saying he is incompetent after mobilization!

[color=#990000][/color]
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:38am On Jan 05, 2020
Nonsense. While the Company still dey far.

Na road we go chop
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by poseidon12: 8:54am On Jan 05, 2020
I thought SCOA Motors is a moribund distributor of vehicles. They used to distribute Peugeot vehicles. How come they got a road construction contract? Nigerians are wonderful people. Those civil servants and the Minister that awarded the contract should be prosecuted or at least lose their jobs.

2 Likes

Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by ugooinnocent: 9:20am On Jan 05, 2020
shugabasbn:
Oga Gej just dey award anyhow, imagine Scoa motors. I wondered how they will be able to complete the road in stipulated time n how the road will last long self. Kudo to PMB, please revoke any contract if the contractor are not ready to work or working at millipede rate. Enough of subjecting the road user to undue trauma.
Same with Julius Berger company as well. They knw how to manipulate us and get the work unnecessary prolonged.
How I wished we can get better contractor from developed Nation like Japan that construction of 50km road is completed within a month
Even Chinese completes tarred road construction in weeks, concrete in months aren't they in Nigeria. Those cartel make money by prolonging the project. There was a country

1 Like

Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by jamace(m): 9:21am On Jan 05, 2020
So the mobilisation fee and other payments have gone on the drain? EFCC and ICPC shoul visit the company for Corruption.
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by hush15: 9:59am On Jan 05, 2020
bluebay:
Imagine... Contract awarded under 2015 regime and this is the time.they revoking it. See lie. We Nigerians stand to tell you that we wiser now and we know what's going on... Stop Masking your failure and take responsibility APC.

Forget that one o. Nigerians are not wiser at all. Na same same. Doing padi padi awarding there.
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by 9jaArea: 10:01am On Jan 05, 2020
Finally, that road needs total reconstruction.

I wonder who awarded the contract to that company in the first place.
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by Originalsly: 10:50am On Jan 05, 2020
MyMouth:

3How can u award a road construction contract to Scoa motors? Is scoa motors a road construction company or a car dealer? Smh

My guy......is it not a road project?... what are roads mainly used by?...is it not cars?....and who put a lot of cars on the road?... is it not Scoa Motors? ... so who would know best about what kind of roads is best suited for various cars?....is it not Scoa Motors? ... or you want to suggest Julius Berger?...who knows nothing about cars? You guys think like common citizens.... maybe some day you should learn to think like a politician.... only then would this contract make sense to you!
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 05, 2020
rasakkenny:
Dont you guys prequalify tenderers before tendering?!
What's even happening in this shithole country that we cant get anything right?!
Imagine! You awarded to someone ooo and you are now saying he is incompetent after mobilization!
[color=#990000][/color]

The contract/project was awarded in 2015 by the previous Administration, now revoked by this present.

But WTF gave Road Construction Project to Scoa Motors a Car sales Company? My God!!

1 Like

Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:12am On Jan 05, 2020
bankyblue:
I was taught in my secondary school days that govt is a continuous process, u take both the good and bad of the past administration. Improve on the good once and correct the bad once.
So this shouldn't be a big deal, that past administration u are trying to run down because of this road project, constructed a rail project that your minister of transportation is forming or showing himself as the initiator of the project.

oga forget what you know this APC style them never write for textbook
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by Johans1991: 12:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
bluebay:
pls use ur brain to think before opening the contaminated mouth

1 Like

Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by primeache: 12:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
If it had been completed, PMB would have claimed the glory.

Those.of.you shouting GEJ should shut up.
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by Lawalemi(m): 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
MyMouth:
How can u award a road construction contract to Scoa motors? Is scoa motors a road construction company or a car dealer? Smh

Just imagine that o undecided
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by Ikpu1: 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
Johans1991:
pls use ur brain to think before opening the contaminated mouth
[/s]
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by semyman: 1:18pm On Jan 05, 2020
Reward, rearward all in an attempt to write
re-award?
Who did we offend WAEC?
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by govomotors: 1:51pm On Jan 05, 2020
Things always end this way when you leave your calling. I was expecting to hear sScoa engineering but read Scoa motors.

Why not Scoa automobiles industry?
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by poiZon: 1:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
Some nigerians r truly gullible.

The article said contract was awarded 2015, pls sensible people was gej president thru out2015?
Most if not all projects undertaken by gej govt that were still on course was reviewed by this govt immediately they took over.
And some fools here r excited over halfbaked news.

I pity this country
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by poiZon: 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
pineed:

The contract/project was awarded in 2015 by the previous Administration, now revoked by this present.

But WTF gave Road Construction Project to Scoa Motors a Car sales Company? My God!!
Hv not read where they mentioned awarded by past administration.
What i read was awarded in 2015. Buhari was sworn in may29 2015.
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by poiZon: 2:07pm On Jan 05, 2020
bluebay:
Pls where in the article did 2015 came up?
I don read the entire article more than 10times.
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by abraham01emma01: 4:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
PointZerom:

You're right.
My own is Association of professional criminals
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by abraham01emma01: 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2020
PointZerom:

You're right.
My own is
Association of professional criminals
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by Legendguru: 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2020
Oh
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by sulaak(m): 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2020
shugabasbn:

What is your problem on who taking credit?
Awarding of contract is different from releasing of fund and executed of project.
There is teaching hospital awarded during Muritala/Obasanjo military regime in my town that passed through different regimes until later built by Obj during his second tenure as civilian president n completed by late president Umar Yaradua.
Award is just a paper work, anyone can do that but executed of the project is the main thing n who carry the glory is less concerns of the citizens.
That is what we elected to do.

Nan so Nigerian will sign contract and claim "award is just paperwork"

Olodo! A contract is the foundation of any projects, you get it wrong and the project will fail before it even starts. This is why Nigeria signed a $40 million wet gas contract with the Irish P&ID company and are now liable for $10 billion and counting.
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by sulaak(m): 6:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
poiZon:

Hv not read where they mentioned awarded by past administration.
What i read was awarded in 2015. Buhari was sworn in may29 2015.

Contract was awarded in 2015..... what happened in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 abi the present administration get dementia.
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by chukel(m): 7:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
Is this not a direct response to sarrki's thread. FG actually has representatives on NL. Sarrki talked specifically about this road and displayed a picture of the bridge junctions the minister spoke about. Good reaction by FG. Let's criticise constructively.

1 Like

Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by chukel(m): 7:50pm On Jan 05, 2020
Originalsly:

My guy......is it not a road project?... what are roads mainly used by?...is it not cars?....and who put a lot of cars on the road?... is it not Scoa Motors? ... so who would know best about what kind of roads is best suited for various cars?....is it not Scoa Motors? ... or you want to suggest Julius Berger?...who knows nothing about cars? You guys think like common citizens.... maybe some day you should learn to think like a politician.... only then would this contract make sense to you!
if this is not sacarsm, then you are done for.

2 Likes

Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by mumu9gerian: 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2020
DNSPro:

Bloody liar. Who told you they do not have money to buy prepaid meter or they are the ones preventing the circulation of prepaid meter.

Oga, prepaid meter plenty for Nigeria. So much to go round. Tell the federal government to impose strict laws to force them to open the platform for programming and let's see if there will not be prepaid meter all over Nigeria within a month.
Stop spewing rubbish
Re: FG Revokes Itobe-ajaokuta-okene Highway Contract by DNSPro: 8:08pm On Jan 05, 2020
mumu9gerian:

Stop spewing rubbish
mumu9geria, are u into prepaid meter? U b mumu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

J Martins Alleges Threat To Life For Exposing Election Malpractices In Abia / Soldiers Recover Explosive Vest Thrown By Suicide Bomber In Borno River. Photos / I Have Right To Choose My Replacement In Senate — Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.