Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You (82691 Views)

See Average Monthly Net Salary Of Some Countries / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? / What Is The Salary Structure Of The Nigerian Immigration Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by chinedumoooo: 1:26am On Jan 06, 2020
You must be patriotic before joining the military not for money.
The pay is not the issue but your people and the great country.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by ohem007(m): 1:28am On Jan 06, 2020
Neddstark:
People saying the salary is too small as if you earn more than a staff sergeant. So the Nigerian military is to pay 1 million on 10 privates and use all our tax money on paying soldiers? By the way, serving in the military comes with lots of benefits including housing, training, trips allowance, etc. If you don't want government to pay you, go start your own business.

Boss I'm looking for someone who knows more about them...
I'm planning on joining this year
If you knoq more about the benefit abeg mention me...

Thanks
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Siscooh: 1:53am On Jan 06, 2020
GOFRONT:
So this is what those new recruits that were constituting Nuisance on the Third mainland bridge last tuesday earns??
They have a lot of other allowances.
House and others
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Siscooh: 1:57am On Jan 06, 2020
Lucid1:
I don't understand most of these comments, how's that pay too small? They're also entitled to accommodation and medicals (+dependants)
They can't see at all. Accommodation, medicals, water light etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Onitola2: 2:24am On Jan 06, 2020
Mile18:
If you are planning to join the Nigerian Army and you will like to know how much they earn, it is important you read and share this post with friends and family.

When you take a look at the Nigerian Armed Forces, the Nigerian Army is the largest component. They help to defend, protect, and honor Nigeria.

Joining the Nigerian Army is not as easy as you think and is like not the ordinary job out there because while everybody is sleeping and enjoying themselves, an average Nigerian Soldier is out there in the Sambisa Forest fighting Boko Haram.

With this Kind of job one expects that an average soldier to be earning big but the case is not like that.

So with the danger and lot of inconveniences associated with the job, how much do you think an average Nigerian soldier earns?

Below is the new salary structure for non-commissioned officers in the Nigerian Army.

.After the increase, a private Soldier now earns about N48,000-N49,000

. A Lance Corporal Salary is about N54,000-N55,000
. A Corporal new salary is N58,000

. A Sergeant in the Nigerian Army earns about N63,000

. Staff Sergeant earns N68,000

. Warrant Officer earns N80,000

. Master Warrant Officer earns N90,000

For Commissioned Officers in the Nigerian Army, below are the ranks and how much they earn

. A Second Lieutenant earns about N120,000

. A Lieutenant in the Nigerian army collects about N180,000

. For a Captain in the Nigerian army, the new salary is N220,000

. The new salary of a Major in the Nigerian army is N300,000

. A Lt. Colonel collects about N350,000
. A Colonel earns N550,000

. Brigadier General's new salary structure is N750,000
. A Major General earns about N950,000

. Lt. General in the Nigerian army earns around N1 million

.Finally the new salary structure for a General is abut N1.5 million

What do you think about this new salary structure? Do you think it is worth the nature of this job compare to what our politicians earn? Don't forget to share with people that will need this information.
this is basic salary, they get duty allowance too, though I don't know how much precisely.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Oriolajuwon(m): 3:13am On Jan 06, 2020
please help an undergraduates project work by filling this survey on crime within two minutes https://forms.gle/nBDuDkP4V5Z1w1zj8
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by airminem(f): 6:23am On Jan 06, 2020
Culin:
Please post that of Navy, I want to check something wink
grin you eh
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Teenaira: 6:30am On Jan 06, 2020
Lucid1:

Ask around, ask about other countries security agents, the primary motivation should be patriotism not money. The added incentives should complement the pay, which by Nigeria's standards isn't too bad.

The incentives are medical cover for family and dependants, affordable housing, job security, low tuition for dependants and self development etc. I'm thinking out of the box here

You may be right in your submission. However, look at the incentives you mentioned. They seems to exist only on paper. This people are human beings before they became member of the military, once in a while they are likely to remember that they are human beings too inspite of the patrotism !!! The truth is that the Naira has being seriously devalued. These amounts might look reasonable some 10 years ago or before but not now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by bawz012(m): 7:30am On Jan 06, 2020
why will I join the Nigerian Army? Am I mad?
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Borntofuck: 7:34am On Jan 06, 2020
This job is for alamajiris
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by edo3(m): 7:47am On Jan 06, 2020
Av read a lot of comments here,, the truth is even u gv a soldier 1m,, he won't still be satisfied becos of d kind of lives some of them engages in..
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Mile18(m): 8:06am On Jan 06, 2020
bluefilm:

First of all, I don't think most of the people I know that joined the army did so because of the money.

Then secondly, you are only speculating.

Finally, you failed to mention whether those amounts you mentioned were per annum or monthly take home pay but whatever be the case, assuming you were referring to monthly take home pay, I still don't think the figures you mentioned is all that bad.

really.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Mile18(m): 8:10am On Jan 06, 2020
anonimi:

So how did liar liar Buratai save from his old salary through the ranks to buy many mega million dollar villas in Dubai?
Barawo bubu and his 40 thieves cabal are bloody looters like Abacha their thieving hero.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3900895_tmpfbimg14671496201601359061659_jpeg16b35e0420df707155480a7e11564764

even when its o obvious they'll still deny

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Mile18(m): 8:13am On Jan 06, 2020
Mac2016:
Don't be deceived,it is more rosy than you think How much is Buhari salary if you know you know grin
that na buhari na, na them Sidon untop the money.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Mile18(m): 8:16am On Jan 06, 2020
chibnnodi:

Do you think money is planted?
bros how much ordinary councillors dey collect, without doing nothing.
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Mac2016(m): 8:22am On Jan 06, 2020
Mile18:

that na buhari na, na them Sidon untop the money.

Allownaces plenty thats what I am saying... Federal Civil Servants sabi chop other monies with numerous tags ..They intentionally kept pay low and allowances....There was a time basic salary of OBJ no reach 150k grin

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by genitori(m): 10:12am On Jan 06, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

i can confirm this oooo it is 100% correect
really? Abeg show us navy and airforce own make we kno how far
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by genitori(m): 10:15am On Jan 06, 2020
airminem:
smiley Yeaaaaa

As a homieeeee kindaaaa lady nna, I'd never advice someone to join the military solely for financial benefits.

grin
so for what benefits will u advice one to?
don't tell me tell me 'to fight and defend for the country ' or 'to be a patriot '

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by genitori(m): 10:16am On Jan 06, 2020
naijanaweown2:
Lets not forget they are paid every two two weeks
is thus a guess or a fact?
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by genitori(m): 10:25am On Jan 06, 2020
DaRuud:

Those ones causing nuisance were ordinary CADET , maybe their salary is #18,000
lol.
u no well
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by lucky4west: 10:40am On Jan 06, 2020
if this is correct the Police pay is better...not rosy at beginning...difference between private enterprise it is sure and upwardly mobile as u climb e de soft no threats of sack unless death by boko boys
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by Culin(f): 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
airminem:
grin you eh

wink wink

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by airminem(f): 3:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
genitori:

so for what benefits will u advice one to?
don't tell me tell me 'to fight and defend for the country ' or 'to be a patriot '
RELATIVELY YES wink
Re: The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You by LordAzubuike(f): 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
Mile18:
it's too poor.
It's not bad at all, infact it's too much. They get free accommodation (barracks) and also affordable education. Kids of military personnels in any command secondary school across Nigeria pays about 15k per term compared to 78k and above paid by civilian wards. What else are they spending on ? Ask yourself. You see them gulping alcohol and burukutu at maami market yet return to their block bitterly complaining about poor salary.

Cc sparog

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Officer Meagan Hall Dismissed For On-Shift Sex Romps & Illicit Affairs / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) / Man Spotted Love Machine In Their Office Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.