Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah (1411 Views)

Rev. Josiah Akindayomi's Miraculous Return: A Tale Of Forgiveness... / Pastor Accuses Pastor E.A Adeboye Of Neglecting Pa Akindayomi's Children / About The Mentor Of Pastor Kumuyi, And Pa Akindayomi Of RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by Sammy07: 9:09am On Jan 05, 2020
I was passing through Ondo metropolis few days ago.
I saw the house where the Founder of RCCG lives and worshiped in a bad state..
This made me to ask a random question from RCCG members (Outside the state).

I asked them;
Who is the founder of RCCG?
Which state did he come from?

Some know his name and not his state.
Some know his state and not his name..

This led me to the question, why did RCCG leaders failed to recognized the founder?
I have not see any of his picture in RCCG calendars

For example.
Building institution in his name, in his town.
Building a big Medical Center in his name, in his Town.

Just as how these people keep remembering their founder and build something remarkable in remembrance of him.

CAC --- Ayo babalola
CMS --- Ajayi crowther
C&S -- Moses orimolade
CCC -- Oshoffa

And I'm not asking you to pray in his name oo.

Majority of those that answered were talking about spirituality bla bla, Abeq, we're talking on what should be done not spiritual things..

P. S I'm only concerned as a native...
Let's assume he brought a well equipped Medical Center to Ondo wouldn't that boost employment in Ondo City?

Or university?

Cc: Mynd44, OAM4J, Abeq let it grace FP for more opinions.

Re: Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by ghettokid1(m): 9:14am On Jan 05, 2020
Ask them

1 Like

Re: Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by NCCE: 10:06am On Jan 05, 2020
Good observation....something need to be done to recognise this father of faith.
Re: Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by sugeMPee: 10:07am On Jan 05, 2020
To start with, it's not true that RCCG failed to recognize Pa Akindayomi.
Secondly, having medical, education or similar institutions in his home town will be a very good thing - I agree with you totally --but not in making it look like RCCG members don't know the Founder.

It's a deliberate effort to shift a bit a way of serving names and that's why both the serving Go and the founder don't have anything named after them. If you start it, even people who donate money to the church will be asking for things and places to be named after them.

You can't be an RCCG member (not just come and go member) without passing through the believers class. The believers class teaches the histroy of the RCCG and 80% of its content is on how the church started which is mostly about the life and times of PA Akindayomi. Every quarter, elders are suppose to move from parish to parish to teach what they call "doctrinary teachings " which is supposed to acquaint members with the history of the church and what it believes in. Unfortunately, the elders might not be carrying out this exercise and where it is done, people use the opportunity to ask childish questions that does not have any bearing on real issues such as you have mentioned.

Calenders, handbands etc are not made by RCCG, they are only made by people like you and me just to sell on camp ground and make money and so RCCG can determine what it contains etc but even at that, entering some RCCG members' house i still see Baba Akindayomi and the present Go on calenders.

But again I still agree that there can be something like a founder's day or do something in his honor.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by erifeoluwasimi(f): 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2020
Some years back the church produce like 4 movies that were marketed by the church.... something about the foundation of RCCG NARRATED PASTOR ADEBOYE. The church also has a building on his name in one of the popular places on camp...off Abuja road around camp market. Then every convention his families are specially calledo out for Thanksgiving before calling the ADEBOYE family. I was told they are paid salaries from the church purse. Only if you are a new member, all RCCG members should know him
Modified: there is hardly any RCCG organisation that you will go to you will find his pictures along with pastor ADEBOYE . sometimes you find his wife's own MUMMY ESTHER AKINDAYOMI

2 Likes

Re: Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by jcross19: 9:02pm On Jan 05, 2020
Sammy07:
I was passing through Ondo metropolis few days ago.
I saw the house where the Founder of RCCG lives and worshiped in a bad state..
This made me to ask a random question from RCCG members (Outside the state).

I asked them;
Who is the founder of RCCG?
Which state did he come from?

Some know his name and not his state.
Some know his state and not his name..

This led me to the question, why did RCCG leaders failed to recognized the founder?
I have not see any of his picture in RCCG calendars

For example.
Building institution in his name, in his town.
Building a big Medical Center in his name, in his Town.

Just as how these people keep remembering their founder and build something remarkable in remembrance of him.

CAC --- Ayo babalola
CMS --- Ajayi crowther
C&S -- Moses orimolade
CCC -- Oshoffa

And I'm not asking you to pray in his name oo.

Majority of those that answered were talking about spirituality bla bla, Abeq, we're talking on what should be done not spiritual things..

P. S I'm only concerned as a native...
Let's assume he brought a well equipped Medical Center to Ondo wouldn't that boost employment in Ondo City?

Or university?

Cc: Mynd44, OAM4J, Abeq let it grace FP for more opinions.
point of correction CAC was not founded by babalola. Babalola was just an evangelist in that church, they have founding fathers in 1918 that was when the church was founded by a group of prayer band.
Re: Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by aremuforlife(m): 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2020
[/quote][quote author=jcross19 post=85534757]point of correction CAC was not founded by babalola. Babalola was just an evangelist in that church, they have founding fathers in 1918 that was when the church was founded by a group of prayer band.
Who is the founder of CAC
Re: Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by jcross19: 10:13am On Jan 06, 2020
aremuforlife:

Who is the founder of CAC
CAC was founded in 1918 and babalola was born in 1905. the church was founded by group of prayer warriors.
Re: Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by FlyoruB: 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
Re: Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by Sammy07: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2020
FlyoruB:
Sammy07, these pictures I just attached are from Anambra, remove them from the ones you posted on the Abeokuta thread before they find out and embarrass you.

Thanks.
Re: Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by Sammy07: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2020
Mynd44, Lalasticlala. FP nah.
It's an Opinion.
Re: Why Do RCCG Failed To Recognized Pa Akindayomi Josiah by Sammy07: 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2020
Mynd44, Lalasticlala. FP nah.
It's an Opinion.

(1) (Reply)

God Is Real / Christians: What If Jesus' Promise To Come Back Was A Lie? / Christains share your testimony here. Any.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.