Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) (15312 Views)

Redmi Note 10pro 8/128gb With Mi Smart Band 5 Available / How Do I Connect My Mi Smart Band To Redmi 7 / Samsung released it's Smartwatches, Smart bands & Galaxy Buds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by honsule(m): 6:21am On Jan 03, 2021
madgoat:

What do u need screen protector for? Not necessary joor. Will u put screen protector on a wristwatch? I have been using my Mi Band 4 for many months now and no scratches or break.

yes o. it is not necessary. since i bought mine from jumia almost 1 year now. No scratch. I just replaced the strap
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by longlife101: 7:00am On Jan 03, 2021
honsule:

Am in Abuja. I need one
Which of the color amongst those? Use the number via the signature and kindly WhatsApp
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by madgoat(m): 7:26am On Jan 03, 2021
honsule:

yes o. it is not necessary. since i bought mine from jumia almost 1 year now. No scratch. I just replaced the strap

Mine is two years now; screen is still fine and i have been using it daily for two years. Replaced strap too
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by sanerugwei: 12:06pm On Jan 04, 2021
Where did you get the strap.
This is the main wahala of the Mi Band, strap always cutting, and also the fact you have to remove it to charge... shocked shocked grin
Which other fitbit/wristband is even affordable with SMS. Band 5 sef no get SMS notification? What were they thinking sef? shocked shocked

madgoat:

Mine is two years now; screen is still fine and i have been using it daily for two years. Replaced strap too
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by madgoat(m): 8:51pm On Jan 04, 2021
sanerugwei:
This is the main wahala of the Mi Band, strap always cutting, and also the fact you have to remove it to charge... shocked shocked grin
Which other fitbit/wristband is even affordable with SMS. Band 5 sef no get SMS notification? What were they thinking sef? shocked shocked

Bought the strap from a seller here. Cant remember who. There are people selling the strap here. Check the Xiaomi thread store.
Whaaaaaaat shocked you mean no SMS notification on band 5 shocked thats crazy. No need for me to upgrade ro it
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 2:55pm On Jan 05, 2021
sanerugwei:

Mi band 5 doesn't have sms notifications, are you serious or just joking? Busuyi44 pls confirm.
You can get a third party charger to charge your band without removing it from the strap. Make contact with busuyi44 he will fix you up be it charger or strap.

1 Like

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by sanerugwei: 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2021
Sorry, I meant read sms... shocked shocked cheesy
yes and with the Notify App, you can setup and see all messaging App notifications including GMail, Whatsapp, Telegram, etc, but cannot read the contents.

Will really be interested in that 3rd party charger.
What is the make so one can check on AliExpress to avoid fakes. shocked shocked
I think for Mi Band 5, you can charge directly without removing the strap tho. grin grin

maclawrence02:

Mi band 5 doesn't have sms notifications, are you serious or just joking? Busuyi44 pls confirm.
You can get a third party charger to charge your band without removing it from the strap. Make contact with busuyi44 he will fix you up be it charger or strap.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2021
sanerugwei:
Sorry, I meant read sms... shocked shocked cheesy
yes and with the Notify App, you can setup and see all messaging App notifications including GMail, Whatsapp, Telegram, etc, but cannot read the contents.

Will really be interested in that 3rd party charger.
What is the make so one can check on AliExpress to avoid fakes. shocked shocked
I think for Mi Band 5, you can charge directly without removing the strap tho. grin grin

Everyone knows that the mi band 5 can be charged directly. infact that was one of its major talking/selling point. It has a magnetic charging points that makes it easy to connect the charger
I still doubt that you can't read sms messages on mi band 5. Let's wait for a user to verify.
Lastly getting stuff from sellers on ground these days is better. Saves you the stress of endless waiting and the accompanying uncertainty of if it will arrive or not especially if you use free shipping and if you decides to pay for shipping then the price would almost be the same price as getting it here on ground.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by 3KINGZ18: 5:39am On Jan 10, 2021
maclawrence02:

What's the name of that iem?
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by Bossman(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
I have mi band 5 and I can definitely read SMS ok n it. I'm using the mi fit app.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
3KINGZ18:

What's the name of that iem?
I don't quite get you question.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by 3KINGZ18: 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
maclawrence02:

I don't quite get you question.

I meant your earpiece
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 10:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
3KINGZ18:

I meant your earpiece
Kz zsn pro contact jboixxx for more details.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by 3KINGZ18: 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2021
maclawrence02:

Kz zsn pro contact jboixxx for more details.

I have the same thing just surprised at the color
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by sanerugwei: 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
Tweaked the Notify app, and I am also now able to read SMS on both Band 3 and Band 5 as also confirmed.
Are you are to pick call from the Mi Band?
I am only able to cancel call.

maclawrence02:

Everyone knows that the mi band 5 can be charged directly. infact that was one of its major talking/selling point. It has a magnetic charging points that makes it easy to connect the charger
I still doubt that you can't read sms messages on mi band 5. Let's wait for a user to verify.
Lastly getting stuff from sellers on ground these days is better. Saves you the stress of endless waiting and the accompanying uncertainty of if it will arrive or not especially if you use free shipping and if you decides to pay for shipping then the price would almost be the same price as getting it here on ground.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 11:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
sanerugwei:
Tweaked the Notify app, and I am also now able to read SMS on both Band 3 and Band 5 as also confirmed.
Are you are to pick call from the Mi Band?
I am only able to cancel call.

Good to know.
Yes I'm able to pick calls from my band and it will automatically enable the speaker. The automatically enable speaker option can be enabled/disabled. I dropped a tutorial about this. Check the first two pages of this thread.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 11:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
3KINGZ18:

Most devices/gadgets comes in different colours.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by jboixxx: 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
3KINGZ18:

It comes in 3 colours: Grey, blue and purple.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by busuyi44: 1:40pm On Jan 14, 2021
Extra straps for Band 4 and 5 available for a limited period

3 goes for 3k

Sky blue, deep blue, red, yellow, black

WhatsApp: 07012nine12eight9five

Telegram: busuyi44

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by busuyi44: 9:31am On Jan 20, 2021
busuyi44:

3 goes for 3k

Still available
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by 3KINGZ18: 2:54pm On Jan 20, 2021
busuyi44:

Still available

location?
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by sanerugwei: 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
Mi 3 Band just stopped charging or displaying? Does the charging cable go bad easily.

Do they repair this thing or to just kuku wait for Mi 5 or go for Oraimo next?
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by BoluwajiPieters: 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
maclawrence02:

Good to know.
Yes I'm able to pick calls from my band and it will automatically enable the speaker. The automatically enable speaker option can be enabled/disabled. I dropped a tutorial about this. Check the first two pages of this thread.

Good afternoon Bro. I just noticed my band doesn't show song title when I'm listening to songs using the N&F modded app you shared with me last year. Every other thing works well and also, immediately I uninstall Mi Fit App, the band keeps disconnecting from the N&F to the point that I've to run both apps for seamless connection. Any help regarding this will be appreciated. I'll leave you a message on TG too.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2021
sanerugwei:
Mi 3 Band just stopped charging or displaying? Does the charging cable go bad easily.

Do they repair this thing or to just kuku wait for Mi 5 or go for Oraimo next?
Mi 3 is different from mi band 3.
Unfortunately I can't be of help cos I've neither seen nor used it.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
BoluwajiPieters:

Good afternoon Bro. I just noticed my band doesn't show song title when I'm listening to songs using the N&F modded app you shared with me last year. Every other thing works well and also, immediately I uninstall Mi Fit App, the band keeps disconnecting from the N&F to the point that I've to run both apps for seamless connection. Any help regarding this will be appreciated. I'll leave you a message on TG too.
Fine afternoon, mine also disconnects and reconnects randomly which I've learn to live with.
Enable the highlighted and see how it goes.

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by Decemberist306: 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
maclawrence02:

Fine afternoon, mine also disconnects and reconnects randomly which I've learn to live with.
Enable the highlighted and see how it goes.
Oga Mac
Which miui theme be this?
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by sanerugwei: 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
What have you said now? grin
The Band 3 is miraculously back online, thanks but no thanks... tongue

maclawrence02:

Mi 3 is different from mi band 3.
Unfortunately I can't be of help cos I've neither seen nor used it.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
sanerugwei:
What have you said now? grin
The Band 3 is miraculously back online, thanks but no thanks... tongue

I was letting you know that this thread is for mi smart band 4 not mi 3. If What you own is mi 3, I've not used it before.
I'm glad it's working now, enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 8:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Decemberist306:
Oga Mac
Which miui theme be this?
It's the highlighted. Come to telegram @maclawrence let me give you.

Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by honsule(m): 7:06pm On Mar 21, 2021
busuyi44:

3 goes for 3k

I have purchased mine. The gray colour look more authentic like the follow come. Prefer it to the black
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by maclawrence02(m): 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2022
Pls who has straps of mi band 6 for sale?
Re: Mi Smart Bands (4,5,6,7) by okikiosibodu(m): 3:38am On Mar 05, 2023
maclawrence02:

Congrats! Welcome on board.
You can also download and install notify and fitness app, it has more features IMHO.
Howdy bro. What's the battery life like?
I am considering a band to buy even if its fairly use. D i wan make my research first
Cc: Atheistandproud, charming007, Grandmufti

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Android Smartphones May Become More Expensive As Google Clashes With EU / Latest Airtel 24/7 Data Plans For Heavy Downloaders / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.