Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,216 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Stand Firm In The Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Stand Firm In The Faith (2514 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Stand Firm In The Faith by Joagbaje(m): 8:42am On Dec 03, 2010
1 Corinthians 16:13
Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong

Some people are unfruitful in the faith-walk because they are burdened by the cares and desires of this life, and these choke God’s Word in their hearts (Mark 4:18-19). The first thing you must do to stand firm in the faith is to set your heart on the Lord; give Him your undivided attention.

Proverbs 23:26
“My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.”

This is akin to what the Lord said in Proverbs 4:20:

“My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.”

Remember, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17). For your faith to grow and prevail you have to attend to God’s Word and incline your ears to His sayings. That means you focus and give prime attention to the Word in your life. The necessary result of this is that your thoughts, words and actions will be in sync with the Word. That way, you’re unshakeable.

Many vacillate so easily because they give room to too many distractions in their lives. Never allow anything distract or sway you from the truth of God’s Word. Jesus said in Luke 21:34,

“And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.”

The Bible also says,
“Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life” Proverbs 4:23 AMP

So it’s your responsibility to take charge of your heart and stop yourself from veering off course. The coming of the Lord is near and it’s important for us to be grounded in the Word and keep our eyes on the goal, standing firm in the faith. This isn’t the time to vacillate or cower but a time to focus on doing the Master’s will and fulfil His call for your life:

1 Corinthians 15:58
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord”

Confession
I am steadfast, immovable and always abounding in the work of the Lord. I’m standing fast in the liberty wherewith Christ has made me free, with my whole heart focused on the Lord and His living Word! My faith in the Lord is strong and prevailing, having been rooted, built up and established in Him. Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 10:38-39
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Colossians 2:6-7
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Stand Firm In The Faith by liberatorstoday: 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
Praise God for this Unbeatable and Ever-timely message!!!

(1) (Reply)

All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. / If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. / Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.