Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church (2447 Views)

Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Can You Cancel Marriage Because Of Church Denominations Difference? / Why It's Dangerous To Mix The Denominations (avoid those who cause division) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 12:02pm On Mar 17
You may contribute your thoughts civilly.

The point at issue here is whether christian denominations and church groups are the church of Jesus christ .

I say no.

Denominations are not of God but of man.

And I will show that even as early as the acta of the apostles, denominations were already taking root and were not from God.

The church of Jesus is spiritual and divine.

Denominations are earthly and carnal.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 12:09pm On Mar 17
Denominations started when humans gathered for their own purpose. Acts multitudes gathered to receive miracles and a community formed. Jesus never organised the multitudes into a church ,but the disciples did

The church on the other hand started when the spirit came on the apostles, and they were controlled by God only. The moments when they were under the divine control they were the church.

It's just like Peter, in Matthew 16 he proclaimed Jesus messiah , Jesus declared him blessed...a few moments later he opposed Jesus death, Jesus rebuked him as satan.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 12:16pm On Mar 17
The denominations consolidated when there was an argument in acts 15 about gentile believers becoming circumcised and obeying the law.

In council it was decided that the Jewish Christians can keep the law , but the gentiles may only abstain from a few things like blood etc

That move created 2 denominations

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 1:03pm On Mar 17
That arrangement of men gathering and organising themselves continued to our time.

Gods own arrangement of leading his children by his spirit has also continued.

The former is denominationalism
The later is the church

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by newbornmacho(m): 1:05pm On Mar 17
You will not see the religious my church said, my papa said people here.

This is the whole truth

Denominations are not of God

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by newbornmacho(m): 1:07pm On Mar 17
Straybullet:
You may contribute your thoughts civilly.

The point at issue here is whether christian denominations and church groups are the church of Jesus christ .

I say no.

Denominations are not of God but of man.

And I will show that even as early as the acta of the apostles, denominations were already taking root and were not from God.

The church of Jesus is spiritual and divine.

Denominations are earthly and carnal.

It started from the first denomination...the roman catholics.

Then the Eastern orthodox

Then it spread in the west with Martin Luther reformation

Then you got the ansbaptists, the Anglicans, the calvinists, the Methodists etc etc until the pentecostal

Meanwhile all along Jesus has been with his true church, a.dpiritual and not a physical organisation.

I agree with your submissions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Strafudeen: 1:09pm On Mar 17
newbornmacho:
You will not see the religious my church said, my papa said people here.

This is the whole truth

Denominations are not of God

Them never come back from denominations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 1:10pm On Mar 17
Strafudeen:

Them never come back from denominations

šŸ˜„
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 1:11pm On Mar 17
newbornmacho:

It started from the first denomination...the roman catholics.

Then the Eastern orthodox

Then it spread in the west with Martin Luther reformation

Then you got the ansbaptists, the Anglicans, the calvinists, the Methodists etc etc until the pentecostal

Meanwhile all along Jesus has been with his true church, a.dpiritual and not a physical organisation.

I agree with your submissions

Correct

1 Like

Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Mar 17
Straybullet:
You may contribute your thoughts civilly. The point at issue here is whether christian denominations and church groups are the church of Jesus christ . I say no. Denominations are not of God but of man. And I will show that even as early as the Act of the apostles, denominations were already taking root and were not from God. The church of Jesus is spiritual and divine. Denominations are earthly and carnal.
If you are not ready to abandon the religion of Christianity in its entirety, you are simply making sounds and nothing more. The religion in question is comprised of over 47,000 different cults/sects/denominations. And yes, it has been a divided union from its very inception ā€” or foundationā€” back in Rome, thanks to Constantine. Jesus Christ said He came to save only the Lost Sheep of Israel, but it was those whom He considered Dogs that took it upon themselves to set up a religion throwing around His Name. Can anything get more antiChrist?? undecided
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Kobojunkie: 2:24pm On Mar 17
newbornmacho:
ā–  It started from the first denomination...the roman catholics. Then the Eastern orthodox Then it spread in the west with Martin Luther reformation. Then you got the ansbaptists, the Anglicans, the calvinists, the Methodists etc etc until the pentecostal, Meanwhile all along Jesus has been with his true church, a.dpiritual and not a physical organisation. I agree with your submissions
Wrong! The roman church were already up against the African church among others as at the time that Constantine brought the churchian movement, ruled over by those Jesus Christ said were Dogs and should not be handed that which is Holy - Matthew 7 vs 6 -, to the table in Nicea. At Nicea, what was made clear was that the movement was not of Jesus Christ at all. He had made clear that He was sent only to the Lost Sheep of Israel by His Father, the God of Israel. But what Constantine sealed at that occasion was rather a movement ruled over by the Dogs whom Jesus Christ warned would trample and ruin His Holy name. Religion of Christianity is indeed the system of the AntiChrist which the Prophets and Jesus Christ warned against. undecided
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 5:10pm On Mar 17
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! The roman church were already up against the African church among others as at the time that Constantine brought the churchian movement, ruled over by those Jesus Christ said were Dogs and should not be handed that which is Holy - Matthew 7 vs 6 -, to the table in Nicea. At Nicea, what was made clear was that the movement was not of Jesus Christ at all. He had made clear that He was sent only to the Lost Sheep of Israel by His Father, the God of Israel. But what Constantine sealed at that occasion was rather a movement ruled over by the Dogs whom Jesus Christ warned would trample and ruin His Holy name. Religion of Christianity is indeed the system of the AntiChrist which the Prophets and Jesus Christ warned against. undecided

Your emotion is so loud, I can't hear your logic.

That being said, every human orchestrated gathering in the name of christ is a denomination and not the true church.

Jesus did not start a religion.

There is however the true church of Christ on the earth
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 5:12pm On Mar 17
Kobojunkie:
If you are not ready to abandon the religion of Christianity in its entirety, you are simply making sounds and nothing more. The religion in question is comprised of over 47,000 different cults/sects/denominations. And yes, it has been a divided union from its very inception ā€” or foundationā€” back in Rome, thanks to Constantine. Jesus Christ said He came to save only the Lost Sheep of Israel, but it was those whom He considered Dogs that took it upon themselves to set up a religion throwing around His Name. Can anything get more antiChrist?? undecided

Wrong . Jesus never started any denomination. He however is building a church of the elect which is presently on the earth.

These denominations are not of God, but the faith of Jesus christ is .
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 5:14pm On Mar 17
Kobojunkie has to define what he means by leaving the religion of Christianity.

It sounds like he is against christ.
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Mar 17
Straybullet:
ā–  Your emotion is so loud, I can't hear your logic. That being said, every human orchestrated gathering in the name of christ is a denomination and not the true church. Jesus did not start a religion. There is however the true church of Christ on the earth
Jesus Christ did not start a religionā€” a factā€” yet you vehemently cling to the idea that a religion called Christianity is definitely of Him? Why are you people so illogically oriented yet so arrogant that you would accuse others of being emotionally loud? lipsrsealed
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Mar 17
Straybullet:
ā–  Wrong . Jesus never started any denomination. He however is building a church of the elect which is presently on the earth. These denominations are not of God, but the faith of Jesus christ is .
The denominations which are the basic units of the belief are not of Jesus Christ but somehow the religious core of it belongs to HIm? Are you for real? undecided
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Texcyndy: 8:49pm On Mar 17
Straybullet:
Kobojunkie has to define what he means by leaving the religion of Christianity.

It sounds like he is against christ.
To the best of my knowledge, kobo is an antichrist
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Mar 17
Texcyndy:
ā–  To the best of my knowledge, kobo is an antichrist
List two antichrist statements that you accuse me of making though. Let's start from there. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 9:54pm On Mar 17
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ did not start a religionā€” a factā€” yet you vehemently cling to the idea that a religion called Christianity is definitely of Him? Why are you people so illogically oriented yet so arrogant that you would accuse others of being emotionally loud? lipsrsealed

The Christianity I practice is not a religion. If yours is a religion tell us who founded it, because it can't be Jesus Christ
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 9:56pm On Mar 17
Kobojunkie:
The denominations which are the basic units of the belief are not of Jesus Christ but somehow the religious core of it belongs to HIm? Are you for real? undecided

You speak so confidently of what you're so ignorant about

Who made denominations the basic unit of the belief

šŸ˜† šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜† šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜†
Kobojunkie....kai!
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 9:57pm On Mar 17
Texcyndy:

To the best of my knowledge, kobo is an antichrist

He needs to show cause why we shouldn't hold those views of him
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Texcyndy: 9:57pm On Mar 17
Straybullet:

The Christianity I practice is not a religion. If yours is a religion tell us who founded it, because it can't be Jesus Christ
Why do you exchange words with an antichrist
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 9:59pm On Mar 17
Texcyndy:

Why do you exchange words with an antichrist

I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Meanwhile, qhats your take on our view that denominations are not the church?
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Mar 17
Straybullet:
ā–  You speak so confidently of what you're so ignorant about.Who made denominations the basic unit of the belief
You do understand that calling me ignorant without actually providing substance for the claim only reveals you as some sort of empty barrel desperate to win a fight without intelligence, right? undecided

If you do not even realize at this very point that your denominations are the very unit of belief in the religion of Christianity, then how can you see others as ignorant? undecided
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Mar 17
Straybullet:
ā– The Christianity I practice is not a religion. If yours is a religion tell us who founded it, because it can't be Jesus Christ
Lying to yourself does not the facts change. lipsrsealed
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 9:18am On Mar 18
Kobojunkie:
You do understand that calling me ignorant without actually providing substance for the claim only reveals you as some sort of empty barrel desperate to win a fight without intelligence, right? undecided

If you do not even realize at this very point that your denominations are the very unit of belief in the religion of Christianity, then how can you see others as ignorant? undecided

Some call you antichrist, maybe they are right.

Meet Jesus first and then we can talk.

For now you're totally ignorant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 9:18am On Mar 18
Kobojunkie:
Lying to yourself does not the facts change. lipsrsealed

Wow....could this be why they say you're antichrist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Kobojunkie: 12:33pm On Mar 18
Straybullet:
ā–  Some call you antichrist, maybe they are right. Meet Jesus first and then we can talk. For now you're totally ignorant
Straybullet:
Wow....could this be why they say you're antichrist
I am not perturbed about being labeled an antichrist by religious nutcase who don't even realize what they in fact believe and would rather cling to ignorance rather than reject the lies they have been fed by their gods of men though. undecided
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 8:27am On Mar 23
Kobojunkie:
I am not perturbed about being labeled an antichrist by religious nutcase who don't even realize what they in fact believe and would rather cling to ignorance rather than reject the lies they have been fed by their gods of men though. undecided

Young man.

It's intellectual deficiency of a severe type to attempt to teach another man his own beliefs.

Beliefs are innate.

Even within a religion individual beliefs differ.

The question remains, are denominations the true church, his answer and my answer is ...no.

Start from there and dispute our claims if you can.

Trying to paint strange beliefs on anyone will not work.

Our beliefs are clear, don't lump us together with anyone.
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by BreconHills(m): 8:44am On Mar 23
Straybullet:

Your emotion is so loud, I can't hear your logic.

That being said, every human orchestrated gathering in the name of christ is a denomination and not the true church.

Jesus did not start a religion.

There is however the true church of Christ on the earth

I understand what you are saying but the conclusion is not as clear cut as you make it.

True that denominations are not of God, even the modern day church setting with a speaker - spectator, worship leader - worshipper distinction is not the model of the church. The true model has everyone participating These gathering are closer to what we call house fellowship today - except that they are not controlled by the format of the study notes.

However the fact that they are man made or sub optimal shadows of the original does NOT mean that God cannot use them as channels of his grace.

God by nature is invasive in love and wherever he can find expression His presence will be there. An example is the text below.

John 11:49-52 ESVā€¬

[49] But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, ā€œYou know nothing at all. [50] Nor do you understand that it is better for you that one man should die for the people, not that the whole nation should perish.ā€ [51] He did not say this of his own accord, but being high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation, [52] and not for the nation only, but also to gather into one the children of God who are scattered abroad.

Caiphas was an anti Christ by nature but by office he was high priest and so he prophesied.

I am not suggesting that anyone should go and sit down anywhere and start serving whether the pastor is speaking by the spirit or not. What I mean is that God's nature does not permit the waywardness of man's heart to shut him away from people sincerely desiring him.
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Kobojunkie: 8:52am On Mar 23
Straybullet:
ā–  Young man. It's intellectual deficiency of a severe type to attempt to teach another man his own beliefs.Beliefs are innate. Even within a religion individual beliefs differ. The question remains, are denominations the true church, his answer and my answer is ...no. Start from there and dispute our claims if you can. Trying to paint strange beliefs on anyone will not work.Our beliefs are clear, don't lump us together with anyone.
So what you are trying to say is that the God of israel who inisisted that men do their belief stictly by His standard(Holiness) was mistaken in his expectations? undecided

The God of Israel said He will have nothing short of strict obedience to His Law and standard by each and every man who desires citizenship in the Kingdom of God. You dey talk religion and denomination as though any of that has power to bend God's established Law. Na wa oo! undecided
Re: Thread: The Denominations Are Not The Church by Straybullet: 10:49am On Mar 23
BreconHills:

I understand what you are saying but the conclusion is not as clear cut as you make it.

True that denominations are not of God, even the modern day church setting with a speaker - spectator, worship leader - worshipper distinction is not the model of the church. The true model has everyone participating These gathering are closer to what we call house fellowship today - except that they are not controlled by the format of the study notes.

However the fact that they are man made or sub optimal shadows of the original does NOT mean that God cannot use them as channels of his grace.

God by nature is invasive in love and wherever he can find expression His presence will be there. An example is the text below.

John 11:49-52 ESVā€¬

[49] But one of them, Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, ā€œYou know nothing at all. [50] Nor do you understand that it is better for you that one man should die for the people, not that the whole nation should perish.ā€ [51] He did not say this of his own accord, but being high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the nation, [52] and not for the nation only, but also to gather into one the children of God who are scattered abroad.

Caiphas was an anti Christ by nature but by office he was high priest and so he prophesied.

I am not suggesting that anyone should go and sit down anywhere and start serving whether the pastor is speaking by the spirit or not. What I mean is that God's nature does not permit the waywardness of man's heart to shut him away from people sincerely desiring him.

Honestly I appreciate this comment of yours; this is what I want disagree with intelligent arguments and others will learn.

Thanks for your civillity.

Now, my view is that these denominations are not of God.
But we know that God can and does use anything, Good or bad.

That's a different matter though.

We're talking here about what can be called God's group, or family or people.

Their mandate is wider than just being used by God .

The church is Jerusalem that is above, that is the mother if us all.

The church is the magisterium of God on the earth.

In the church there is no one lost, outside the church there is no one saved.

The church is approved of God, babylon is not

In that context, the denominations are as different from The church as an amadioha shrine .

This distinction is what makes me wary of these groups.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s / Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) / What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.