Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State (53615 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. / Lord's Chosen Member Catches Owl In Church In Enugu State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by laiza(m): 10:50am On Jan 06, 2020
That is an African grass owl which is nocturnal and is rarely seen flying during the day. It roosts during the day on the ground in tall, rank grass where it creates domed platforms and tunnels by trampling down the surrounding grass. These tunnels can be several metres long and connect with other tunnels. The domed platform created at the end of a tunnel serves as either the nest or daytime roost site. Pairs of owls frequently roost together and occasionally small groups of owls may roost quite close to each other. It becomes active after sunset and hunts during the night, only if prey is scarce, will they fly during the early morning or late afternoon. Studies done reveal that the African grass owl hunts in late morning and earlier in the evening.

The African grass owl breeds from December to August, but the main breeding season is from February to April. The nest is a shallow hollow lined with grass positioned at the end of a grass tunnel. The two to four white eggs are laid at two-day intervals and are incubated solely by the female while the male supplies the food. The females starts incubating as soon as the first eggs is laid and continues for 32–42 days. The female feeds the young taking food brought by the male for the first 10 days; after which, both parents feed the chicks. When the chicks are about four weeks old, the female starts to roost away from the nest. After attaining five weeks of age the owlets begin to wander around the nest, before attempting their first flights at around seven weeks. Once fledged, the young stay with the parents for about 3 weeks, and are independent after that. Prey which are fed to the young are often first decapitated.

The African grass owl species is regarded as vulnerable because habitat degradation through ploughing, grazing, draining and burning; the population in the country is considered to be fewer than 5,000 individuals. The habitats in which this species breeds and feeds are often alongside areas of human activity, such as industrial, agricultural or mining areas. This causes exposure to various environmental contaminants, for example, metals, which can subsequently be monitored using the birds' feathers. The African grass owl is a good bioindicator species. To combat their state of vulnerability in South Africa, programmes of captive breeding and release for the African grass owl were tested and studies revealed that this may be a possible effective conservation strategy. However, reintroduction of the African grass owl is not a simple process because supplementary feeding is required and the habitat must be suitable and contain sufficient prey.

So apart from the fact that you guys killed a mother bird, the eggs will go waste and you still reduced the number of them in the wild all because of your stupidity and unfound claims of withcraft. Oh my country, we go de alright las las just as someone pointed out. Idiots

4 Likes

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by laiza(m): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2020
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Unie30: 10:52am On Jan 06, 2020
Innocent owl.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Angelfrost(m): 10:53am On Jan 06, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WHEN THEY PRAY FOR THEIR ENEMIES TO DIE BY FIRE, THEY'RE USUALLY MEANING BUSINESS. I'M SURE THEY'VE BURNT THIS ONE SINCE MORNING.
NIGERIA IS BAD ENOUGH FOR WE HUMANS TO SURVIVE, LET ALONE ANIMALS. cheesy

Yet, they continue to live in penury and frustration. Such hopeless dullards!!!

2 Likes

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Enemyofpeace: 10:54am On Jan 06, 2020
Absolute rubbish

1 Like

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by OGwales(m): 10:54am On Jan 06, 2020
There is nothing strange about the innocent bird... Nigerians and una EVIL mind.

The bird wey me and my hausa students in kano dey use play play... � � �

4 Likes

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 06, 2020
The Ahoada they are talking about is one bush close to Bayelsa o. How is it strange to find animals looking for shelter in a church.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by richPHAROAH: 10:59am On Jan 06, 2020
owl is just a specie of bird. may thunder fire you guys for animal cruelty

3 Likes

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Tusabi: 11:01am On Jan 06, 2020
Wat about the pepper soup
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by ehissi(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2020
Erediauwa:
That's a beautiful pregnant Owl,

The only strange birds I know are currently in Edo state.

How you take know say E pregnant? Or are you the baby daddy?.... grin
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by 21void: 11:03am On Jan 06, 2020
jeffizy:
First things first, that's an owl. A nocturnal bird that becomes highly immobile at daytime.

I'm sure plenty of holy water has been sprinkled on it before someone held it for pictorial evidence grin grin grin.

Africa my Africa, Las Las, we go dey alright.
my dear, Dem don use chilled holy water dose the poor bird this harmattan, the poor owl probably died of pneumonia.

1 Like

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by stasius: 11:03am On Jan 06, 2020
A harmless Owl! sad sad sad sad

Kill it in USA and face the law!

1 Like

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by stasius: 11:05am On Jan 06, 2020
And this must be an endangered specie. See how beautiful it is.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by great664(m): 11:14am On Jan 06, 2020
jeffizy:
First things first, that's an owl. A nocturnal bird that becomes highly immobile at daytime.

I'm sure plenty of holy water has been sprinkled on it before someone held it for pictorial evidence grin grin grin.

Africa my Africa, Las Las, we go dey alright.

Don't mind them...
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by manGODDED: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2020
midnighter:

If you could free yourself from the shackles of inferiority complex for just a moment, you would notice that owls are seen as a sign of death and bad luck all over the world and not just in Africa.
that's a very dumb presumption

5 Likes

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by davidtemi(m): 11:49am On Jan 06, 2020
Me and owl live together. No big deal wit owl abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by anonimi: 11:56am On Jan 06, 2020
Viciheaka:
I believe what is holding Africans back is simply wisdom, knowledge and understanding A typical African man (that includes you) believes in something some money,woman,God,family,technology etc human beings will always believe in something to form their religion what Africans need is simply balance finish

Does too much religion hinder or help the pursuit of wisdom, knowledge and understanding, which you said Africans are short of

3 Likes

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Ayobami7(m): 12:02pm On Jan 06, 2020
na wa ooo
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by anonimi: 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
midnighter:
If you could free yourself from the shackles of inferiority complex for just a moment, you would notice that owls are seen as a sign of death and bad luck all over the world and not just in Africa.

manGODDED:
that's a very dumb presumption

I could not agree with you more.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3304018_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

An alternative perspective.

The Meaning of an Owl Sighting

Cultural Symbolism and Beliefs

To the Celts, owls were defenders of truth and honor. They did not condone deception or lies—especially the lies we tell ourselves. The Celts also believed these winged creatures acted as messengers between earth and the Divine World. Both the Celts and ancient Egyptians believed that the owl guided souls in death; this kept them from losing their way.

Some Native Americans often refer to the owl as a “night eagle” because of its sharp vision. He is a harbinger of truth. Wearing owl feathers is usually part of a shaman’s attire. Shamans or medicine men/women believe the owl holds knowledge that can heal.

Encountering an Owl

If you encounter an owl, or an image of an owl, Spirit may be trying to tell you something. Take some time to ponder this encounter and determine what this message might be.

Owls are, after all, hunters. They are capable of pursuing their prey at night, being wonderfully adapted for this purpose. What is the thing that you want most in this world? Now may be a good time to focus on it so that you can capture it.

An owl encounter might also be telling you that it is time to operate quietly, under cover. Not only are most owls capable of silent flight and are adapted to see in the dark, they are also masters of camouflage. You can stealthily pursue your goals, bypassing competition and naysayers, by imitating the owl and going about your work in secret.

While owls often share territory with other owls, they are also solitary creatures. Spending time with others is important, but sometimes it is wise to retreat and spend time alone. If you haven’t been able to take some quality time for yourself, now is the time to do so.

https://www.californiapsychics.com/blog/angels-guides/meaning-owl-sighting.html

3 Likes

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
anonimi:

Does too much religion hinder or help the pursuit of wisdom, knowledge and understanding, which you said Africans are short of
bros you av said it all too much of everything is bad there must be balance

1 Like

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
richPHAROAH:
owl is just a specie of bird. may thunder fire you guys for animal cruelty
so because of owl you've unleashed thunder to kill your fellow human being tufiakwa
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
OGwales:
There is nothing strange about the innocent bird... Nigerians and una EVIL mind.

The bird wey me and my hausa students in kano dey use play play... � � �
wow well done as for me I can't they are so ugly
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Charly68: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
Every power has the authority to kill anything and everything that flies in the air or crawl on the ground I think .
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Ezmans: 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nukilia:
Religion has dealth ruthlessly with the brains of Africans. undecided
true talk, there pastors I'll tell them it's there enemy
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by f18spitfire(m): 12:15pm On Jan 06, 2020
Why is it that any nocturnal animal or bird are termed evil.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Jacqueline22(f): 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
efewizey:

I assume you from edo state
Yes dear
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Dpaulie(m): 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
Pls save this beautiful creature abeg!!!
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by seborrhic: 12:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
midnighter:

This is so disgraceful.
In this 2020, people like u still think this awkward way!
Please,don't utter this kind of rubbish in the midst of children with even basic education.You would be laughed to scorn.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by richPHAROAH: 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2020
Viciheaka:
so because of owl you've unleashed thunder to kill your fellow human being tufiakwa
yes o. the would dosnt need dumb humans like this. thunder is messing up sef
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by brainhgeek(m): 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
usamali:
Look At The Strange Bird That Was Found In A Church

World Of Tribulations And Evil Minded humans.
This strange bird was found in St Patrick church edeoha community in ahoada east LGA Rivers State.

Oh Lawd. This poor creature is so unfortunate. The most dangerous part of the world to live is Nigeria where ignorance , religion and politics are the greatest threats to life. That is an owl for crying out loud. What offence has it committed for living it's life?

2 Likes

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Subray(f): 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2020
bobwizzy1:
Na so ekpaye people dey mumu

Please we no dey mumu, mind your language!!! You don’t just judge people with what they post here ok. Please be mindful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do Money Rituals Actually Work? / "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye / Benson Idahosa Boasts Of Raising The Dead (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.