Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State (53619 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. / Lord's Chosen Member Catches Owl In Church In Enugu State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by MrFly(m): 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2020
jeffizy:
First things first, that's an owl. A nocturnal bird that becomes highly immobile at daytime.

I'm sure plenty of holy water has been sprinkled on it before someone held it for pictorial evidence grin grin grin.

Africa my Africa, Las Las, we go dey alright.
how we go dey ok with this kind mentality

1 Like

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by millionboi2: 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2020
Cuccitini:
Africans and their weird thinking dat an owl for crying out loud
my problem with ppl like u is dat u can't say dis in ur church
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by bobwizzy1(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
Subray:

Please we no dey mumu, mind your language!!! You don’t just judge people with what they post here ok. Please be mindful

Ok sorry brother
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2020
richPHAROAH:
yes o. the would dosnt need dumb humans like this. thunder is messing up sef
cheesy
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Skepticus: 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
bobwizzy1:

Ok sorry brother

Wetin be d meaning of "ekpaye" sef?

1 Like

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by LordReed(m): 1:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
tillaman:
Ain’t nothing strange about the bird its just an owl
A beautiful one at that,
I really hope they spared its life
Why is it that all the birds caught in most churches are owls, wetin owls do una abi una no Dey Ever catch pigeon, Raven and vulture

But where is CAPSLOCKED now, come and see this brother

You are quite optimistic about this bird's fate. Me, I think they killed and burnt it right after the photo was taken. It makes me sad to think though.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by risos(m): 1:54pm On Jan 06, 2020
Thank God this wonderful creature was not murdered. The Earth can do without humans, but the earth will go extinct without animals.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by akdjr(m): 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2020
Very beautiful creature. I remember eating ithis bird when I was in secondary school. Everyone was saying the bird is witch and I want to see if truly the bird will fly from pot to proof what people were saying. I chop am well e no different from chicken I swear.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by efewizey(m): 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
Jacqueline22:

Yes dear

Eyah forgive him.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by midnighter(f): 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
seborrhic:

This is so disgraceful.
In this 2020, people like u still think this awkward way!
Please,don't utter this kind of rubbish in the midst of children with even basic education.You would be laughed to scorn.

I think its you who should be careful not to show your stark illiteracy in the midst of children.

Everybody knows that different species of birds have positive or negative connotations depending on the culture.

Owls, ravens, blackbirds and crows are all thought to be omens of bad luck or death in various places.

Try to educate yourself on native myth and folklore of different cultures before embarrassing yourself in public.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Bacteriologist(m): 2:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
midnighter:

I think its you who should be careful not to show your stark illiteracy in the midst of children.

Everybody knows that different species of birds have positive or negative connotations depending on the culture.

Owls, ravens, blackbirds and crows are all thought to be omens of bad luck or death in various places.

Try to educate yourself on native myth and folklore of different cultures before embarrassing yourself in public.

Shut the füčk up and stop sounding like a retarded sick fück. Pick up a book and enlighten yourself. Be humble

1 Like

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by midnighter(f): 2:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
anonimi:

I could not agree with you more.
Thanks.

An alternative perspective.

You just proved my point by calling it an "alternative perspective". Thats all it is! Now post the "alternative perspective" of Native Americans, Chinese and Germans to show how irrational you are being. Every culture has some primitive superstition concerning animals, especially birds.

If you want to enlighten people then acknowledge the limits of their culture and explain to them in a neutral tone why they are wrong.

Dont start forming superior and ranting about "Africans" as if you are not an African.

Youre just as racist as the people who colonised us and forced their ideologies down our throats.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Back2Daura(m): 2:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
Nukilia:
Religion has dealth ruthlessly with the brains of Africans. undecided

There is so much voodoo in Africa. No doubt am. God no comot power from devil
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by EngrXrix(m): 2:33pm On Jan 06, 2020
usamali:
Look At The Strange Bird That Was Found In A Church

World Of Tribulations And Evil Minded humans.
This strange bird was found in St Patrick church edeoha community in ahoada east LGA Rivers State.
I hope they let it go.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Ebenezar2020(m): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2020
usamali:
[s] ook At The Strange Bird That Was Found In A Church

This strange bird was found in St Patrick church edeoha community in ahoada east LGA Rivers State [/s] .
typical of gullible christians and their rubbish mentality.
why kill this beautiful rare breed of owl.
May God judge u and the killers

1 Like

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Ebenezar2020(m): 3:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
[s]
midnighter:

[/s] go write jamb and get yourself educated cos it's obvious you lack one.
such a dweeb and a Stone age minded village girl from an interior underdeveloped place in igbo land.
You better not mention me cos I won't dignify your stupidity with any further reply
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by edoairways: 3:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
Erediauwa:
That's a beautiful pregnant Owl,

The only strange birds I know are currently in Edo state.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by edoairways: 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

STRANGE BIRD IS AN OWL. A HUMAN CANNOT BECOME AN OWL. AN OWL IS NOT EVIL OR WICKED NOR DESIRES TO HAVE ANY BUSINESS WITH YOU PEOPLE.

WE'LL KEEP SAYING "NO" TO ALL RELIGIOUS AND SUPERSTITIOUS BELIEFS.
Don't say what you don't know. Don't let the quest for westernization change you from the root
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by midnighter(f): 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
go write jamb and get yourself educated cos it's obvious you lack one.
such a dweeb and a Stone age minded village girl from an interior underdeveloped place in igbo land.
You better not mention me cos I won't dignify your stupidity with any further reply

cheesy you again. Idem fo o? Ikut enyen

my darling coconut head wink i see you still crave my attention even in the new year hahaha
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Legendguru: 3:24pm On Jan 06, 2020
hmmm
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by seborrhic: 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
midnighter:

You are still embarrassing yourself.
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by kay29000(m): 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

STRANGE BIRD IS AN OWL. A HUMAN CANNOT BECOME AN OWL. AN OWL IS NOT EVIL OR WICKED NOR DESIRES TO HAVE ANY BUSINESS WITH YOU PEOPLE.

WE'LL KEEP SAYING "NO" TO ALL RELIGIOUS AND SUPERSTITIOUS BELIEFS.

grin
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 06, 2020
Jacqueline22:

Stop that
The guy na mad person na, you dey mind am?
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by nlPoster: 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2020
Why is it that all the birds caught in most churches are owls

Interesting question but let me find out more about Ahoada since I dont know the place:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahoada
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by TheSourcerer: 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
maynation:
Africans are making religion tiring.
I dunno how to send PM's but I think I sent something close to your mail
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by frozen70(f): 4:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
usamali:
Look At The Strange Bird That Was Found In A Church

This strange bird was found in St Patrick church edeoha community in ahoada east LGA Rivers State.

It's mission was aborted
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by 1Sharon(f): 4:22pm On Jan 06, 2020
Cuccitini:
Africans and their weird thinking dat an owl for crying out loud

When I complain about the way africans think..they say call me an uncle Tom and say I hate blk ppl.

1 Like

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by bigfrancis21: 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2020
jeffizy:
First things first, that's an owl. A nocturnal bird that becomes highly immobile at daytime.

I'm sure plenty of holy water has been sprinkled on it before someone held it for pictorial evidence grin grin grin.

Africa my Africa, Las Las, we go dey alright.

grin grin

Growing up, ikwikwi (owl) was something to be feared! In fact there used to be this black ikwikwi that would perch on the power line very close to our room window and cry all night directly facing our flat. Oh my poor mother. She prayed down the heavens every single night. cry Bless her soul.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by bigfrancis21: 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2020
Skepticus:

Wetin be d meaning of "ekpaye" sef?

Ekpeye you mean? Dialectical variation of akpa ohia = bush bag.

Ekpeye dialect is the most divergent Igboid dialect from other Igbo lects that it truly qualifies to stand alone. I personally don’t consider it an Igbo dialect but an Igboid language of its own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by Kaimadiya(f): 6:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
Erediauwa:
That's a beautiful pregnant Owl,

The only strange birds I know are currently in Edo state.

when your sense is in your anus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by OnyesomJ(m): 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2020
When did OWL became a Strange Bird again....

Africa and Religion sef , Chai!!!
Re: Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State by midnighter(f): 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
seborrhic:

You are still embarrassing yourself.

Talking about yourself and not me. Culture is culture all over the world and not just in Africa.

Read and free yourself from inferiority complex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do Money Rituals Actually Work? / "FG Is Increasingly Meddling In Church Affairs" - Pastor Adeboye / Benson Idahosa Boasts Of Raising The Dead (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.