Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,157 members, 7,953,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport (11808 Views)

Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport / Pictures Of The Renovated Port Harcourt Airport / Canopy Used At Port Harcourt Airport, Spotted By Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by zakim(m): 5:32am On Jan 06, 2020
The Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB) has commenced investigation into the serious incident involving Turkish Airlines, which happened in Port Harcourt International Airport(PHIA). The incident involving an Airbus 330-300 aircraft with registration number TC-LOL occurred on December 31, 2019 when the aircraft had a burst tyre on landing on the airport’s runway.

The General Manager, Public Affairs of AIB, Mr. Tunji Oketunbi, said the AIB was notified of the serious incident about 3:30am local time, on the day of the incident. He said the aircraft was enroute Port Harcourt from Istanbul, Turkey with 295 passengers and 11 crew members on board when it suffered a burst tyre on landing on runway 21, Port Harcourt International airport.

The aircraft veered off the runway and managed to taxi to the new international terminal. He, however, said that all the occupants disembarked with no injury. The statement added: ”The bureau is open to receiving any video clip, relevant evidence or information that may assist in this investigation.”
Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/aib-probes-turkish-airlines-serious-incident-at-port-harcourt-airport.html

1 Like

Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Amazingman(m): 6:36am On Jan 06, 2020
Na bribe dey worry them like that. Its a normal thing for aircraft tires to fire out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by itsme01: 6:40am On Jan 06, 2020
cool

what exactly is wrong with turkish air sef... na only them dey

1 Like

Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Dozie32(m): 6:40am On Jan 06, 2020
Hope say them no want bomb port Harcourt city!!
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by nrexzy: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2020
Hmmmm....
They wan cast d new airport terminal like this ooo
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2020
Let's wait and see
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by mmsen: 6:41am On Jan 06, 2020
Turkiye. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Ajibade123(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2020
I don't like this Turkish airlines with anything
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by ekene247(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2020
They want Turkish airlines to bribe them to close the investigation metcheww

1 Like

Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by nony43(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2020
Suspend Turkish airline temporary
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by naijazee2: 6:42am On Jan 06, 2020
Okay
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Dpharisee: 6:44am On Jan 06, 2020
I thought they suspended Turkish Airlines recently, they have have treated Nigerians very badly, they won't use the right sized planes that can lift passengers luggages, a lady who went shopping for her wedding did not get the items after she arrived back home until after her wedding

Now it's burst tyres, last time it was accusation of shipping arms for Boko Haram that was intercepted by Customs, I think the Turks are being treated with kid gloves because of religious affiliation sad

4 Likes

Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Baztardmods: 6:45am On Jan 06, 2020
Ajibade123:
I don't like this Turkish airlines with anything

[s]anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia,
Canada or US check my signature for more info[/s]
How about studying in Chad, Yemen, Syria, Somalia, Sudan or Niger Republic? angry

2 Likes

Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Waksdabos(m): 6:46am On Jan 06, 2020
I pray for a safe air travel for everyone through out this year. Even though I never see Airport! Lol... I pray for uplifting this year.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Obanaijacom: 6:48am On Jan 06, 2020
Investigations that will lead nowhere. Abegi leave walking stick for old man.
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Mutemenot(m): 6:49am On Jan 06, 2020
Fly emirate, have peace of mind shocked
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by magicminister: 6:50am On Jan 06, 2020
Amazingman:
Na bribe dey worry them like that. Its a normal thing for aircraft tires to fire out

It’s not normal bro
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by helinues: 6:50am On Jan 06, 2020
Yeye probe..

Same Turkish airlines Nigeria government empty threatened of shutting them down towards last year due to poor service(s)

Money go soon exchange hands as usual
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by jp130(m): 7:01am On Jan 06, 2020
Learn to manage a football team while you earn gradually,

Click my signature n add me in whatsapp to put u tru
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Kreamie(m): 7:01am On Jan 06, 2020
Blowout. Normal..
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by bigiyaro(m): 7:11am On Jan 06, 2020
na tire burst, wetin una won dey investigate again? d nail wet burst the tire?
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 06, 2020
For your safety, avoid this Arab's property for now. Their aircraft, hotels, countries and even associates.

I respect all men and the Arabs. However, it is easier for all this extremist to operate through them. I am not saying Arab are not peaceful but what I am saying is that, some extremist might want to perpetrate evil through them.

A word is enough....
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Stalwert: 7:19am On Jan 06, 2020
helinues:
Yeye probe..

Same Turkish airlines Nigeria government empty threatened of shutting them down towards last year due to poor service(s)

Money go soon exchange hands as usual

The authorities demanded they use bigger aircrafts, smaller aircraft led to loss of passengers baggages. They have complied and now use bigger aircrafts which can travel with both passengers and their baggage.
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Stalwert: 7:20am On Jan 06, 2020
[s]
oldtruth:
For your safety, avoid this Arab's property for now. Their aircraft, hotels, countries and even associates.

I respect all men and the Arabs. However, it is easier for all this extremist to operate through them. I am not saying Arab are not peaceful but what I am saying it some extremist might want to perpetrate evil through them.

A word is enough....
[/s]

Your olodo no get part 2, Turks are not Arabs.
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 06, 2020
Stalwert:
[s][/s]

Your olodo no get part 2, Turks are not Arabs.

Must you be stupid? What is their religion in Turkey.

Arabs are a population inhabiting the Arab world. They primarily live in the Arab states in Western Asia, North Africa, the Horn of Africa and western Indian Ocean islands, as well as in significant numbers in the Americas, Western Europe, Indonesia, Israel, Turkey and Iran. ...Wikipedia

But predominantly in Moslem countries. Turkey is 98% Moslem.

Are you that daft and stupid at the same time?
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by jamesversion: 7:46am On Jan 06, 2020
oldtruth:

Arabs are a population inhabiting the Arab world. They primarily live in the Arab states in Western Asia, North Africa, the Horn of Africa and western Indian Ocean islands, as well as in significant numbers in the Americas, Western Europe, Indonesia, Israel, Turkey and Iran. ...Wikipedia

You didn't clearly differentiate between Arabs and Muslims.

Turkey is populated by Turkish people but overwhelming Muslims. They aren't Arabs. Likewise Iranians are Persians and overwhelmingly Muslims. So clarity is very important so as not to misinform.

1 Like

Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Stalwert: 7:48am On Jan 06, 2020
[s]
oldtruth:

[/s]

This one olodo no get recovery, is Muslim now equivalent to being Arab? Chia, this kind of mumurity is very rare.
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by Chibuchris: 8:13am On Jan 06, 2020
Baztardmods:

How about studying in Chad, Yemen, Syria, Somalia, Sudan or Niger Republic? angry

Lol mehn you dey vex this new year oo, you see the guy for dream
Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by wagazala: 8:25am On Jan 06, 2020
The statement added: ”The bureau is open to receiving any video clip, relevant evidence or information that may assist in this investigation.” You mean we don't have camera's pointing at the runway? Just to even monitor things For INTERNATIONAL Airport??

1 Like

Re: AIB Probes Turkish Airlines’ Incident At Port Harcourt Airport by dakido(m): 8:54am On Jan 06, 2020
Dpharisee:
I thought they suspended Turkish Airlines recently, they have have treated Nigerians very badly, they won't use the right sized planes that can lift passengers luggages, a lady who went shopping for her wedding did not get the items after she arrived back home until after her wedding

Now it's burst tyres, last time it was accusation of shipping arms for Boko Haram that was intercepted by Customs, I think the Turks are being treated with kid gloves because of religious affiliation sad

I work with NAHCO and i am the load controller for Turkish Airline in Lagos. The first paragraph isn't for lagos because a wide body aircraft is used in Lagos. So we even give priority to "empty containers". Tire bursting can be as a result of any issue. They can only suspend some flight they use, not all. And in regard of "bokoharam" issue, its not it Lagos or anywhere. They are just mere propaganda. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinese Embassy To Open Consular Office In Anambra - Commissioner / Over 50 Airlines Grounded Since Independence-Daily Trust / Lagos Blue Line Phase Two Gets Green Light From Financiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.