Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport (43615 Views)

Container Crushes Woman To Death In Alapere, Lagos; Driver Flees / Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo) / Pictures Of The Renovated Port Harcourt Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2023
A Businessman identified as Akuma Kalu, was crushed to death when a 40ft container fell on his car in Etche Local Government Area of Rivers State.

Kalu died on Thursday, October 12, 2023, on his way to the Port Harcourt international Airport to board a flight.

His vehicle was said to have been stuck at a bad portion of the Etche-Ngo Okpala road when the container fell off a truck and crushed him

Late Kalu hailed from Abariba in Ohafia Local Government Area of Abia State.

He was an importer based in Umuogele Ovom after Magic FM and a member of the Umuogele Landlords Association in Aba, Abia State before his death.

Family members have taken to Facebook to mourn the late businessman.

His elder brother, Uchendu Kalu, revealed that they lost their father almost six years ago.

β€œDad today marks 5 years and 10months you left me in this lonely wicked world, Death have strike and and take away you last born Akuma. Death what have I done to you. Dad I will always be your son. Rest on Ezinna m, rest on Nwoke udo, rest on my one and only father, rest in peace little bro, rest in peace Dimkpa, rest in peace Odogwu,” he wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday, October 15.

"Too hard to believe you have gone little bro. Death 6 years ago you took away my father now you have take my younger brother Akuma Kalu Mang. What have we done to you. My heart is bleeding,”

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/10/40ft-container-crushes-abia-businessman-to-death-on-his-way-to-port-harcourt-airport-2.html

1 Share

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
Another Terrible News, Coming From Rivers.

Don't Forget, Bring This SAD NEWS

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
See More Photo And Reactions As Obtained By Below:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2023
See More Reactions As Obtained By Below:

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Jeon(f): 5:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
@ it again.
😞😞😞😞

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by KnowledgePower7: 5:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
If it was in my area

I'm 2000% sure that driver of that truck would have been beaten to death by now.

You need to make example out of people

Only then these truck drivers will come to their senses..

Because these evil truck drivers endanger lives of many people daily on the road

And majority of them just don't give a Bleep

I saw one truck still driving after one of the tires got burst. They don't care about the lives of others on the road..

Then they carry faulty truck and enter bad road..
Wtf do you expect to happen?

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by onepointfive: 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
Omo.
RIP to the dead.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
Jeon:
@ it again.

😞😞😞😞

See More Bad News @ www.. com
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by GYBABA(m): 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
The way I shouted Jesus when I saw how the container crushed his car ehn even shocked me. I hope painful death evades me. He come be like say his death was planned. Another person sitting just beside him would have been totally safe. God abeg.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by SKYHIGHfx: 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nothing day this life

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by freemonts87: 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Timoleon(m): 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ogwu ego undecided
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Ttipsy(f): 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
Failed-eral government again ??

Look at how we lost this man because of bad road
?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Yewandequeen(f): 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
A horrible way to die cry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by FreshNotemike: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
Geez. I can't imagine the excruciating pains he must have gone through the moment that trailer landed

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Henix(m): 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
Terrible things that happen in Nigeria
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Bluffly: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2023
Can you see our useless goverments. Why would a road be like that for long. Even the trailer saw that road knowing how his container is fastenened, shouldn't have used that road

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Dymaco(m): 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
Don't ride beside this big container truck, drivers will never hear. This truck can fall at anytime in a bad road. Rip to him

34 Likes

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Urheadmaster(m): 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
angry

This is very terrible πŸ˜”
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by SandyLOVE08(f): 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
Na wa oh.

The way my mind take dey skip anytime this container truck near me ehn.

I don't even feel safe whenever am on bike or bus and I see this container truck.

I thought they were prohibited to drive during the daytime.

BTW RIP to the dead. Tomorrow is never guarantee. Tomorrow is never a promise

RIP to the dead.

Live goes on. Tomorrow is never ours neither is tomorrow a promise

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Dubetex96(m): 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2023
Subtle reminder that one day we shall go back to our maker.

May God rest his soul and grant him enternal rest

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by eeithis(m): 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
Very painful way to die cry

8 Likes

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Kharol1234: 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
Come wetin happen today about 5 FP na about death no goodnews?.

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Nukilia: 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
The politicians that put the citizens in this terrible situation are busy carting away the nations wealth...

6 Likes

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
Timoleon:
Ogwu ego undecided

Just Dey Look Towards you

1 Like

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by highchief1: 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
NaijaCoverBlog:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/10/40ft-container-crushes-abia-businessman-to-death-on-his-way-to-port-harcourt-airport-2.html
as a driver u don’t stay side by side with a container.it’s not done,I’m either in front or behind.nobody survives it

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by RALPHOW(m): 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
RIP
BAD ROAD AND STUPID OVERTAKING ARE THE REASONS FOR THIS UNTIMELY DEATH.

ASIWAJU HAS PICKED THE RIGHT PERSON AS MINISTER OF WORKS. PLEASE PROVIDE EVERYTHING NEEDED FOR HIM AND GOD WILL HELP ME TO FIX ALL THE NIGERIA BAD ROADS.

5 Likes

Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2023
Kharol1234:
Come wetin happen today about 5 FP na about death no goodnews?.

Is Here And Ready To Supply Terrible BAD NEWS, that happened In Nigeria.
Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by Bullet01(f): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2023
lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed

Very sad. May his soul rest in peace

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos BRT Buses May Withdraw Services Next Week / Uzodimma Lights Up Owerri/orlu Road / Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.