Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion (61200 Views)

My Gas Cylinder Was Stolen Tonight / Couple Died In Explosion In Abule Ado, Lagos (Photos) / Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by Rhidolah(m): 1:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
johhbekeboh09:
My gas cylinder 6kg
Pls decode FAO3347 for me
Thanks!

That's SON registration number for the producer of your cylinder. It has nothing to do with expiry date.

1 Like

Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by vikgreen01(m): 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2021
Very educative information
I have seen a lot of barbaric cylinders and I wonder does people value their safety. I have a friend who has a workshop that he fill gas for people. I have seen rusted, dented and peeled cylinder that even my friend will b so disgusted to fill it Nd there are some cylinders that the opening in the mouth has been loose and after filling he will b struggling to put back the cover/tap bringing out the fire so that the gas doesn’t waste away.. I quickly went to see the expiry date on the two cylinders of mine lol tho bought it last year but I think the best safety is just to put the gas cylinder outside then channel a hose to the inside of the cooking place..
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by seunfape(m): 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
Amojii:
What of the local made ones how to check them?
you need to go back to school.
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by Omasanjunior(m): 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
My gas cylinder is as old as my ssce. This information is life.
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by IamHonourable1: 11:11am On Jun 25, 2021
nochyemish:
So are you saying we are going to be buy like 4 cylinder in a year, 1 per quarter?
Go school you said school is scam.
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by dolarland(m): 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2021
Chochovini:
. Of course, at the mercy of thieves ba?
Chain it to wall
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by yMcy56(f): 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2021
Educative post.
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by luskysylver(m): 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2021
something wey them go just write straight. anyways good to know.
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by bukatyne(f): 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2021
binary007:
Everyday I leave in fear of my Gas cylinder exploding.

I just can't shake the feeling off as much as I would love to

Then change it.
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by bukatyne(f): 8:52pm On Jun 25, 2021
Humphrizy:
Majority of people using cooking gas don't know that their gas cylinder has an expiry date. They don't know when the gas cylinders will expire and when it does, it can results to leakage that can lead to explosion. There have been many cases of gas cylinder explosions and when this happens, lives are lost and properties worth millions are also lost in the fire that follows. So many lives have been lost and this is a call to concern.

According to a State Coordinator, Standard Organisation of Nigeria [SON], “If a cylinder of 12kg explodes, it is capable of bringing down a two storey building. Cooking gas cylinders must not exceed five (5) years.” According to the SON Director, most people using

Thanks OP, very informative.

What is the 'shelf life' of a cylinder? Your post did not state it.

For instance, if a cylinder was manufactured in June 2020, how long can it last?

Someone mentioned he has D30 on his cylinder; this is B21 i.e. the cylinder expires in 9 years time.
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by bukatyne(f): 8:54pm On Jun 25, 2021
crackhaus:
Good information.

Too many people buy repainted cylinders thinking they just got something new.

Maybe one should consider plastic cylinders.

They can't be repainted (hopefully), lighter and more pleasing to the eyes cheesy
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by binary007: 10:06pm On Jun 25, 2021
bukatyne:

Then change it.

it is new
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by angelfallz(m): 10:35pm On Jun 25, 2021
I never knew there were plastic cylinders, are they safer than the usual cylinders?

bukatyne:

They can't be repainted (hopefully), lighter and more pleasing to the eyes cheesy
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by Juliearth(f): 4:40am On Jun 26, 2021
binary007:
Everyday I leave in fear of my Gas cylinder exploding.

I just can't shake the feeling off as much as I would love to

If your cylinder was mounted correctly, with:
1. no breakage on the hose
2. No loose fittings
3. Your kitchen is well ventilated (assuming the cylinder is in your kitchen)
4. No leakage on the cylinder
5. The cylinder is new
6. You dont refill beyond the stipulated KG
7. Your village people don't know your location... that can never happen. So relax, okay.
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by crackhaus: 7:55am On Jun 26, 2021
bukatyne:

Plastic cylinders won't be able to hold pressurized LPG.

That explosion we are trying to avoid will become a daily occurrence should plastic cylinders be used. cheesy
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by bukatyne(f): 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2021
crackhaus:

Plastic cylinders won't be able to hold pressurized LPG.

That explosion we are trying to avoid will become a daily occurrence should plastic cylinders be used. cheesy

https://www.timetechnoplast.com/business-division/composite-cylinder/lpg-cylinder/
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by bukatyne(f): 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2021
angelfallz:
I never knew there were plastic cylinders, are they safer than the usual cylinders?

https://www.timetechnoplast.com/business-division/composite-cylinder/lpg-cylinder/

1 Like

Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by angelfallz(m): 6:52pm On Jun 28, 2021
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by crackhaus: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2021
bukatyne:

I actually read through this link with genuine interest cos I want to be sure there's such a thing as an LPG cylinder made of plastic.
Bukatyne, there's no where it's written there that it's made of plastic na... or is it composite fiber glass casing you assume to be plastic?
Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by Godlymanly: 3:00am On Jun 24, 2023
Standard Organisation of Nigeria said it takes 15 years for gas cylinders to expire.
And that the date people mistake for expiry date is actually the due date for inspection of the cylinder

1 Like

Re: How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion by ogoloray(m): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2023
D

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Father Disowned Me For Marrying A Disfigured Man { Photos } / Man Buys Brand New Benz For His Newborn Baby Girl (Photos) / London Court Jails Nigerian Three Years For Flogging Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.